What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Monday Night Football Thread*** (1 Viewer)

ceisenhower66

Footballguy
McNair out, Volek in.Haynesworth and Rolle out.Blaylock and Johnson will split time.Chris Brown will go as long as he can.Source: Ed Werder of ESPN.

Last edited by a moderator:
McNair out, Volek in.Haynesworth and Rolle out.Blaylock and Johnson will split time.Chris Brown will go as long as he can.Source: Ed Werder of ESPN.
Since I have already won the one game where I have to choose between Blaylock and Johnson, I'm going with Johnson and hoping that he gets the ball early and often just so I can run the score up on my opponent. After all, he is also my first foe in the playoffs next week.

Since I have already won the one game where I have to choose between Blaylock and Johnson, I'm going with Johnson and hoping that he gets the ball early and often just so I can run the score up on my opponent. After all, he is also my first foe in the playoffs next week.
I have Volek going already. I also have Blaylock in, but wonder if I should switch to LJ. My opponent has Chris Brown plus 28 points. I'm pretty much toast unless Volek throws like 4 TDs. But the decision of Blaylock and LJ could make or break me. Should have gone with Maurice Hicks. Maybe San Fran's O-line wasn't the downfall of Barlow... :wall:

Time to take a breath, then loudly pray that Brown and Bennett do their jobs for a full 60 mins. Game on the line, down by 9......Let the anxiety kick in. :loco:

Time to take a breath, then loudly pray that Brown and Bennett do their jobs for a full 60 mins. Game on the line, down by 9......Let the anxiety kick in. :loco:
You are golden with Bennett. Slam dunk.
It's Mason's turn this week 10 catches 143 yards 2 TD'sBennett 4 catches 53 yards and a fumble

I also have Blaylock in, but am really tempted to switch to LJ.....just a gut feeling that he'll get the majority of the work.It's either go with my head or heartHead: Blaylock -- named starter, safe betHeart: LJ -- potential to shine again, and claim starting position :wall: :wall: :wall:

I also have Blaylock in, but am really tempted to switch to LJ.....just a gut feeling that he'll get the majority of the work.It's either go with my head or heartHead: Blaylock -- named starter, safe betHeart: LJ -- potential to shine again, and claim starting position :wall: :wall: :wall:
I'm in the same boat, and I still don't know what to do. Any FBGs staff have any thoughts on this?

I'm playing Larry Johnson in one league (don't have Blaylock, but I'd play LJ over him anyway). No concrete evidence but I think they really want to see what LJ's got over the next few weeks. Priest may have only 1 year left and LJ could prove himself a worthy successor. Also, it ups LJ's trade value if he produces.

On cable?
Yeah.Ed Werder just was talking about the KC RB situation...but nothing really worthwhile. Talked mostly about LJ though and the "patience" he has learned.

im down 47 ... i have Volek, Bennett, and Kennison. Opponent has Morton.league gives 5pt bonus at 300/100 yards pass/rush and rec as well as partial points for completions, rushes, rec's.....LETS GO TRIO!

I'm in the same boat, and I still don't know what to do. Any FBGs staff have any thoughts on this?
I'm not staff but I'd go with Blaylock. I just don't think Brown will make it thru the game.

I also have Blaylock in, but am really tempted to switch to LJ.....just a gut feeling that he'll get the majority of the work.It's either go with my head or heartHead: Blaylock -- named starter, safe betHeart: LJ -- potential to shine again, and claim starting position :wall:   :wall:   :wall:
I'm not staff but I'd go with Blaylock. I just don't think Brown will make it thru the game.
Thanks, Kid Rock. Blaylock was the man before he got dinged...that opened the window for LJ, but they may want to see what he has like many have said.

Time to take a breath, then loudly pray that Brown and Bennett do their jobs for a full 60 mins.  Game on the line, down by 9......Let the anxiety kick in. :loco:
You are golden with Bennett. Slam dunk.
It's Mason's turn this week 10 catches 143 yards 2 TD'sBennett 4 catches 53 yards and a fumble
I could live with that....on second thought...Thats the only way I can live....Mason has to be huge!!!

Game 1 : Playoffs Up by 15. Opponenet has Volek & Mason, I have Kenney :( Game 2: Playoffs Down by 11, I have Trent Green :) Game 3: Playoffs Up by 12.5, Opponent has Gonzo :rolleyes: Game 4: Playoffs Up by 64, I have Blaylock, opponent has Morton Game 5: Last regular season. Up by 50, likely need ~ 20 for high score of the week, have Mason and CBrown.Usually not this much at stake for MNF. Good reason to be real tired at work in the morning :thumbup: :thumbup:

:eek: Im in week 1 of our playoffs and im down by 3. I have KENNISON going tonight and i need 4 points to advance. Thats 40 yards. Do i have a chance???

Werner also stated that C.Brown needs only 24 yards to reach his first 1000 yd season indicating he could come out after he achieves this mark , mabey he gets some kind of bonus. Yesterday i started J.Lewis over C.Taylor believing because he was named the ''STARTER''i was safe and look what happend,could this happen again, i have both A.Smith and Brown....here we go again.I`m down 34 points and have T,Green and L.Tynes and C.Brown going against D.Bennett.............fantasy gods please smile down on me :mellow:

If anyone is interested, i just put LJ in my lineup.......lets go ####er !! :excited:

I guess I'll bore you guys with my playoff situation as well. It's the final week of my league's regular season. I'm still incontention for the Wild Card spot. But, I need these two things to happen.1. I need to win my game which I'm currently behind by a score of 118.60 to 117.44.So, I need 1.16 points from Drew Bennet and Enron Kinney.I'd say I've got a 95%-98% chance of getting those points.2. I need the "Villians" to lose their game which they're currently trailing 123.75 to 119.86The "Villians" need 3.89 points from Tony Gonzalez.I'd say there is only a 20% to 30% chance that Gonzalez doesn't get the points..05 per rushing and receiving yards, .33 per reception. 6 pt per touchdown.

The only game I'm in where the outcome is in question doesn't even matter that much -- my team went about as wrong as you could have a team go, and I'm locked into 9th out of 10 slots. I need Bennett and Kinney to combine for less than 36 yards and a TD or less than 136 yards with no TD in order to go out on a winning note.

Mason hurt. Took a shot on the knee returning a punt. Not in on this offensive series.
There goes my season...I needed a decent night from Mason to move on in the playoffs. Damn!!! I'm praying he comes back in but his knee took a pretty bad shot there.

I guess I'll bore you guys with my playoff situation as well. It's the final week of my league's regular season. I'm still incontention for the Wild Card spot. But, I need these two things to happen.1. I need to win my game which I'm currently behind by a score of 118.60 to 117.44.So, I need 1.16 points from Drew Bennet and Enron Kinney.I'd say I've got a 95%-98% chance of getting those points.2. I need the "Villians" to lose their game which they're currently trailing 123.75 to 119.86The "Villians" need 3.89 points from Tony Gonzalez.I'd say there is only a 20% to 30% chance that Gonzalez doesn't get the points..05 per rushing and receiving yards, .33 per reception. 6 pt per touchdown.
With Kinney's and Bennet's receptions for a combined 14 yards, I've pulled ahead in my game. Only turnovers and negative yards gained from this point forward can cause me to lose.Heroes 118.80, Opponent 118.60However, that Tony G. 17 yard reception did enormous damage to my slim hopes.

Everyone please stand back.... CLEAR!!!!!We have a pulse. Let's see if I can make it through this entire game. Defribilator at hand....

:wall: :wall: :wall: Down by 3 headed into tonight, I have Mason and Kinney, he has Brown. Point per reception, so i'm feeling pretty good about it...first two plays are completions to Kinney and Mason, then the Fumble...sweet, i'm back even! Then.................... One question, WTF is MASON returning punts?!??!? :wall: :wall: :wall: :hot:

If memory serves, Mason's been the PR for at least 2 if not the past 3 seasons. That was one of the things that made him so valuable in our league (we get return yardage points).

Users who are viewing this thread