What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Have really enjoyed the updates on Mason MacTavish in the Memorial Cup. Looks like he's going to be awesome.

What kind of contract is Fiala looking for?  I would hope Blake already has a deal close to in place.

ETA:  Looks like they agreed to a 7yr/$7.875AAV

Last edited by a moderator:
Skipdog77 said:
If the Bruins hire David Quinn on top of keeping Don Sweeney around, I may weep a little. 
You're OK, looks like it's Jim Montgomery.

Could be a heck of a hire if he's got his life in order again.

You're OK, looks like it's Jim Montgomery.

Could be a heck of a hire if he's got his life in order again.
Will be much more optimistic with Montgomery behind the bench, but have to say that Boston's probably not an ideal spot for a recovering alcoholic. 

Fiala  :(

just okay return.  love Faber but they already have a good D prospect pool.  with two 1sts and two 2nds maybe Guerin moves up and makes a splash.  should have found a way to sign him and shed elsewhere IMO.

lots of pressure on Rossi to make a big impact next year now.

Kaprizov and other NHLers, please get out of Russia ASAP.  I worried about Russian players going back but understood where their hearts were.  But get out now.  For your own safety.

Round 1

1. Montreal Canadiens
2. New Jersey Devils
3. Arizona Coyotes
4. Seattle Kraken
5. Philadelphia Flyers
6. Columbus Blue Jackets (from CHI)
7. Ottawa Senators
8. Detroit Red Wings
9. Buffalo Sabres
10. Anaheim Ducks
11. San Jose Sharks
12. Columbus Blue Jackets
13. New York Islanders
14. Winnipeg Jets
15. Vancouver Canucks
16. Buffalo Sabres (from VGK)
17. Nashville Predators
18. Dallas Stars
19. Minnesota Wild (from LA)
20. Washington Capitals
21. Pittsburgh Penguins
22. Anaheim Ducks (from BOS)
23. St. Louis Blues
24. Minnesota Wild
25. Toronto Maple Leafs
26. Montreal Canadiens (from CGY)
27. Arizona Coyotes (from CAR via MTL)
28. Buffalo Sabres (from FLA)
29. Edmonton Oilers
30. Winnipeg Jets (from NYR)
31. Tampa Bay Lightning
32. Arizona Coyotes (from COL)

Round 2

33. Montreal Canadiens
34. Arizona Coyotes
35. Seattle Kraken
36. Arizona Coyotes (from PHI)
37. New Jersey Devils
38. Chicago Blackhawks
39. Ottawa Senators
40. Detroit Red Wings
41. Buffalo Sabres
42. Anaheim Ducks
43. Arizona Coyotes (from SJ)
44. Columbus Blue Jackets
45. Arizona Coyotes (from NYI)
46. Washington Capitals (from WPG)
47. Minnesota Wild (from VAN via ARI)
48. Vegas Golden Knights
49. Seattle Kraken (from NSH)
50. Dallas Stars
51. Los Angeles Kings
52. Detroit Red Wings (from WSH)
53. Anaheim Ducks (from PIT)
54. Boston Bruins
55. Winnipeg Jets (from STL via NYR)
56. Minnesota Wild*
57. Chicago Blackhawks (from MIN)
58. Seattle Kraken (from TOR)
59. Calgary Flames
60. Carolina Hurricanes
61. Seattle Kraken (from FLA via CGY)
62. Montreal Canadiens (from EDM)
63. New York Rangers
64. Ottawa Senators (from TB)
65. New York Islanders (from COL)

New York Rangers@NYRangers

·

2m

OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired a third-round and fifth-round selection in the 2022 NHL Draft, as well as a third-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft, from Colorado in exchange for goaltender Alexandar Georgiev.

New York Rangers@NYRangers

·

2m

OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired a third-round and fifth-round selection in the 2022 NHL Draft, as well as a third-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft, from Colorado in exchange for goaltender Alexandar Georgiev.
absolutely robbery for a guy who was gonna be non tendered.

follow up….nyr need a cheap backup goaler and i did see charlie lindgren’s name pop up.  he has seen nhl action and was decent with stl last year.  his brother ryan is on the nyr.  wonder if maybe 1-2 year at 950-1000m can get this done.  

Cool the Sabres have 3 picks tonight and won’t move up or trade any for a player of need. Instead they’ll pay Ben Bishop $5m to stay retired and 57 year old Craig Anderson $1.5M to play goal. Essentially $6.5M to hope UPL can be something till the prospects are ready. 

Cool the Sabres have 3 picks tonight and won’t move up or trade any for a player of need. Instead they’ll pay Ben Bishop $5m to stay retired and 57 year old Craig Anderson $1.5M to play goal. Essentially $6.5M to hope UPL can be something till the prospects are ready. 
why did they deal for bishop?  the buyout doesn’t even look good.  what i am missing?  meeting the minimum cap?  if that’s the case, they should just merge with the cleveland barons.

Last edited by a moderator:
why did they deal for bishop?  the buyout doesn’t even look good.  what i am missing?  meeting the minimum cap?  if that’s the case, they should just merge with the cleveland barons.
Yeah it’s a cap minimum deal to reach the floor.  They have a couple bad contracts coming off next year and a bunch of young guys to start paying next year as well. 

I get why but it just shows your fan base you’re not even trying this year.  Why not just pay an upgrade in goal $6.5M for 1-2 years or overpay someone to actual help you on a 1 year deal too. 

Yeah it’s a cap minimum deal to reach the floor.  They have a couple bad contracts coming off next year and a bunch of young guys to start paying next year as well. 

I get why but it just shows your fan base you’re not even trying this year.  Why not just pay an upgrade in goal $6.5M for 1-2 years or overpay someone to actual help you on a 1 year deal too. 
And if you take a salary dump, getting a 7th is pointless.  In the NBA dumping a contract usually gets a 1st or swap.  Heck, can i interest you in Patrik Nemeth?

They had a deal with Ottawa for Murray & would have moved up from 16 to 7 but Murray wouldn't waive no-trade.  https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-matt-murray-buffalo-sabres-1.1822571

Move over, Canada.  Slovakia is the new #1 world hockey power.  Top 2 picks in the draft..that's awesome. 

blackhawks obviously folding.  they sign seth jones to a ridiculous deal and now they don’t have money for their best player and one of the top snipers in the league, so they donate him to ottawa.  oh, no goalies under contract either?

blackhawks obviously folding.  they sign seth jones to a ridiculous deal and now they don’t have money for their best player and one of the top snipers in the league, so they donate him to ottawa.  oh, no goalies under contract either?
I don’t understand the trades after having committed big bucks for Jones.  Hawks trying to find out how much they can p### off Toews and Kane?

Guess they’ll be moving Kane and Toews soon. 

Huh? 

They tried to trade for Matt Murray and he blocked it. They will get another goalie on a shorter-term deal. Why so worried when free agency hasn’t started and they have a boatload of cap space?

Users who are viewing this thread