What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I’m sure he’s tradeable but won’t return much, if anything. I’m sure they will have to retain a bunch. 

they should really trade Kane. 
From the perspective of what they gave them on the ice they should move them both. Tough to put two players who won 3 cups through a huge rebuild. 

Also, why did they bother getting Seth Jones?
They thought they’d be good. Added Fleury for nothing and were getting Toews back. They were desperate to try and keep a good team together but it all fell apart and the scandal accelerated the need to blow everything up. . 

wth Chicago 
Burning it alllllllll down. With a GM that I have little faith in...already moved DeBrincat way to quick and for too little.

Traded Kirby Dach to Montreal also.  They do have 9 picks in the first 3 rounds.
Nothing left but ashes when Davidson is done.

blackhawks obviously folding.  they sign seth jones to a ridiculous deal and now they don’t have money for their best player and one of the top snipers in the league, so they donate him to ottawa.  oh, no goalies under contract either?
3 ring circus in the front office IMO, total poopshow....and c'mon how could you forget Peter Mrazek!!

Guess they’ll be moving Kane and Toews soon. 
No move contracts but the thought is if they moved DeBrincat that Kane may ask to go. Kane is really the only one with value and can still compete at a high level. Hope he pushes for a trade to a contender.

I’m sure he’s tradeable but won’t return much, if anything. I’m sure they will have to retain a bunch. 

they should really trade Kane. 
I could see them eating a ton to trade him, they may need to get to the floor next year :shrug:

From the perspective of what they gave them on the ice they should move them both. Tough to put two players who won 3 cups through a huge rebuild. 
I am not sure how many years Toews has left but I don't think it's a ton. Kane may have another 5+. So two guys heading into the back 1/3 of their careers, doubt either one wants to stick around now.

:kicksrock: gonna be a long few years...and quite honestly with the whole Beach thing I'm not sure I really care. My opinion of Wirtz has soured dramatically.

They thought they’d be good. Added Fleury for nothing and were getting Toews back. They were desperate to try and keep a good team together but it all fell apart and the scandal accelerated the need to blow everything up. . 
And putting Danny in charge and dragging their feet to hire a GM hire and winding up with no experience home grown GM made it all even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think j toews has 1 year left at 10.5.  noticed, he has scored more than 80 points 1x in his career?  it wasnt even remotely last year, so 5.25 for 1 year still doesn’t seem worth it if you believe he is a C2.

I thought Murray was a few bad goals away from being out of the league. And now he’s starting for Toronto????

just read a larry brooks article that links the nyr with kadri.  reliable sources that he seems to trust say the nyr are in the mix, but the math  doesn’t work UNLESS there is a team out there that is tanking (wink wink) that signs kadri and retains 50% and wheels him to the nyr for an asset package.  hmmm

I have a bad feeling Kaprisov and perhaps others won’t be let back out of Russia to play. Would be devastating, especially without Fiala now too.

I have a bad feeling Kaprisov and perhaps others won’t be let back out of Russia to play. Would be devastating, especially without Fiala now too.
I've been thinking this for a week now and am still angry about it.  I still don't completely understand how he was denied entry into the US twice already.  But then I remembered, as a Minnesota sports fan, I'm not allowed to have nice things.

They tried to trade for Matt Murray and he blocked it. They will get another goalie on a shorter-term deal. Why so worried when free agency hasn’t started and they have a boatload of cap space?
Ottawa appears to be trying. Traded for Cam Talbot.  

Chicago grabbed Mrazek contract and got a 1st round pick to do so. I think he only has 2 years at $4M left.  We’d rather pay Ben Bishop to reach the cap floor. 

Malcom Subban is back on a two way deal though! 

Adams is just going to over-pay Oloffsson and give raises to “whoever WANTS to be here” 

Hopefully they land one player in FA worth $4-6M. Maybe Klingberg is a dream 

Ottawa appears to be trying. Traded for Cam Talbot.  

Chicago grabbed Mrazek contract and got a 1st round pick to do so. I think he only has 2 years at $4M left.  We’d rather pay Ben Bishop to reach the cap floor. 

Malcom Subban is back on a two way deal though! 

Adams is just going to over-pay Oloffsson and give raises to “whoever WANTS to be here” 

Hopefully they land one player in FA worth $4-6M. Maybe Klingberg is a dream 
:shrug:

why so worried? this team finally taking the longview instead of looking for quick fixes. I'd like to see a goalie upgrade but lots of these guys moving around now may not even be that good. They may have dodged a bullet when Murray turned them down. I'd like to see Jack Campbell get picked up but he seems destined for Edmonton.

Samsonov looks like a possible option for them, but I still wouldn't mind a trade for Gibson too.

maybe UPL finally stays healthy this year and takes over the crease. 

still too early to panic. team still a year away from making a run for anything most likely.

I'm so confused on the contract they gave to Sergachev. $8.5 x 8?
i’m confused by those deals too……cernak with 8/5.2aav makes me feel much better about the trocheck deal.  i don’t get sergachev 8/8.5aav.  he’s a good player, but maybe they plan on LTIR for him annually and bring him back for the playoffs?

i’m confused by those deals too……cernak with 8/5.2aav makes me feel much better about the trocheck deal.  i don’t get sergachev 8/8.5aav.  he’s a good player, but maybe they plan on LTIR for him annually and bring him back for the playoffs?

My guess is they feel that length the back end will feel like a deal and compensate the high front end?  But I don't like it. 

I’m fine with it. The intent was to lock the core up for a very long time. Point, Hedman, Kuch, Vasy, Serg, Cirelli, Cernak and I guess if you want to say Paul are all locked up forever. 

Estimates had Serg at 7.5 a year. I doubt the extra mil down the road when the cap goes up makes or breaks this real. 

Flyers say they are out on Gaudreau. Does he go to Jersey then?

EDIT: Islanders also in consideration but Columbus may be throwing a huge offer at him.

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli

Never know what to make of certain things you hear, but the rumored offer involving #CBJ and Gaudreau today was an absolute whopper: 7 years x $12 million. Interestingly, same total ($84m) as what I reported was on the table in Calgary. Would be quite a twist...

I’m fine with it. The intent was to lock the core up for a very long time. Point, Hedman, Kuch, Vasy, Serg, Cirelli, Cernak and I guess if you want to say Paul are all locked up forever. 

Estimates had Serg at 7.5 a year. I doubt the extra mil down the road when the cap goes up makes or breaks this real. 
Surprised he's making more than Hedman. Assumed they'd be able to sign him for less but this feels like what a team would have had to give him to get him to leave Tampa.

He's getting paid like the elites at the position now, but his average ice time/game last year ranked 43rd among all defensemen. 

Vegas just going to be a few stars and nobody else soon enough. Pacioretty traded to Carolina for future considerations. Canes added Brent Burns too. Nice day for them.

Good for Columbus and good on Johnny for not just going for the most money. Doesn't appear that he went for the team with a chance to win either so still a bizarre choice. 

Calgary will feel hurt.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Surprised he's making more than Hedman. Assumed they'd be able to sign him for less but this feels like what a team would have had to give him to get him to leave Tampa.

He's getting paid like the elites at the position now, but his average ice time/game last year ranked 43rd among all defensemen. 

It's a risk for sure. At 450 games played already, I'm afraid he is who he is. His TOI is going up with the loss of McD but he's got to stop making poor decisions.  Two of the Avs GWG were the result of his poor play.  He's a guy that plays with a lot of emotion, If he can harness that and cut down on the mistakes, this deal will look like a steal in 4/5 years, 

Flyers missing out on Gaudreau is so weird to me. JVR can’t be dumped somewhere? 

Reports were that teams were asking for more to take JVR than Fletcher was willing to give up.  Then again the Flyers seem to have no idea what they are doing so who knows.  :shrug:

Holy ####...

To #FlaPanthers: Matthew Tkachuk (extension in place)
To #Flames: Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt and a 1st round pick.

Ta-kack-a-huck for half the Panthers franchise might be the most interesting trade ever to drop at 11:30 on a Friday night in July.

CapFriendly@CapFriendly

·

2m

Based on our tax calculator, and assuming that his salary is $9.5M next season, Matthew Tkachuk will make $652,884 more next season in Florida than he would have in Calgary.

Users who are viewing this thread