What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (2 Viewers)

I like the Blake Bell playcalling. The guy can run a little bit, really like his attributes.

Landry was much better last year, he's been much too Jekyll and Hyde this year looking good to bad to great quarter to quarter. Lots of high balls, no rhythm and they are just not mixing in the run enough. I thought once we got rid of Wilson we'd see a more balanced attack but the Whaley injury hurts right now. Still want to see more of Brandon Williams, let him find his legs.

Isn't Bradford the #1 rookie contract ever, period, and a record that will never be broken with the new CBA? I think he did just fine.

It'll hurt Broyles, I agree - but I also think he wasn't gonna get drafted til the 3rd anyway. I don't know how good he'll be in the NFL.

So Alabama seems to be the biggest problem - I guess we need to root for Auburn and Oregon at this point. I'm not sure what we are without Whaley and Broyles, though.

So Alabama seems to be the biggest problem - I guess we need to root for Auburn and Oregon at this point. I'm not sure what we are without Whaley and Broyles, though.
It's done. They can focus on the Big 12.
This. Also wtf with the should have gone pro :bs: ?Broyles was supposed to be a 2nd/3rd rounder and wanted to boost his draft stock and compete for a championship. Why would we criticize him? oof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradford's pro career wasn't hurt in the slightest by coming back another year, and Leinart has had ample pro opportunity as well. In fact, (too lazy to research this, so feel free to put me in my place) I'm not sure any player's professional career has ever been definitively disadvantaged by coming back for an extra year in college.

As far as Broyles, I think we all knew coming into the year that WR was OU's deepest position, and the disappearance of DeJuan Miller has been wonderfully counteracted by the emergence of Jaz Reynolds. The key here is if Trey Franks can step up his production in place of Broyles in the slot. If he can, Stills and Reynolds will beat coverages and everything will be fine, albeit not quite as efficient. If he can't, they may have to reach to newcomer Kameel Jackson, which would be exciting considering his upside, but no doubt risky.

Waley, like Reynolds, was an unexpected asset. With him down, the Sooners are back to what many believed was already a good backfield: Finch, Clay, and newbie Brandon Williams. The o-line has been stellar so far, so I expect they'll still produce in the run game, it just won't be as powerful.

Bradford's pro career wasn't hurt in the slightest by coming back another year, and Leinart has had ample pro opportunity as well. In fact, (too lazy to research this, so feel free to put me in my place) I'm not sure any player's professional career has ever been definitively disadvantaged by coming back for an extra year in college.

As far as Broyles, I think we all knew coming into the year that WR was OU's deepest position, and the disappearance of DeJuan Miller has been wonderfully counteracted by the emergence of Jaz Reynolds. The key here is if Trey Franks can step up his production in place of Broyles in the slot. If he can, Stills and Reynolds will beat coverages and everything will be fine, albeit not quite as efficient. If he can't, they may have to reach to newcomer Kameel Jackson, which would be exciting considering his upside, but no doubt risky.

Waley, like Reynolds, was an unexpected asset. With him down, the Sooners are back to what many believed was already a good backfield: Finch, Clay, and newbie Brandon Williams. The o-line has been stellar so far, so I expect they'll still produce in the run game, it just won't be as powerful.
I think we're going to see Jaz playing the slot more than Franks.

That's what I was gonna say.My buddy in the recruiting office says we shouldn't be surprised to see some more of Jackson either on the outside.

:goodposting: Also I think the Sooners will miss Whaley more down the stretch than Broyles. The Sooners are extremely deep at WR and i think Franks, Reynolds and Jackson can fill the role left by Broyles. Will they be as consistent? Hell no. Will they put up the monster numbers? No. But they can offset that loss by spreading the ball around more and getting guys in routes where they can break down secondaries in numbers.

Whaley, yeah he's missed unless Williams can step up. Having Blake Bell run the wildcat certainly helps in short yardage and Finch has been good, but that only goes so far.

Also I think the Sooners will miss Whaley more down the stretch than Broyles. The Sooners are extremely deep at WR and i think Franks, Reynolds and Jackson can fill the role left by Broyles. Will they be as consistent? Hell no. Will they put up the monster numbers? No. But they can offset that loss by spreading the ball around more and getting guys in routes where they can break down secondaries in numbers.

Whaley, yeah he's missed unless Williams can step up. Having Blake Bell run the wildcat certainly helps in short yardage and Finch has been good, but that only goes so far.

I agree. Also, really nice to see Blake Bell get on the field.

The Cowboys survive a tight one in Lubbock.
Maybe you should start a Okie State thread then Goggins. :thumbup:
:confused: This result impacts the Sooners. Every time TT gets blown out, it hurts Oklahoma in the computer rankings.
You don't know how computer rankings work do you? It is common opponents that count, Okie State drilling Texas Tech means nothing in the computers to Oklahoma. Glad I could help.

:confused: This result impacts the Sooners. Every time TT gets blown out, it hurts Oklahoma in the computer rankings.
You don't know how computer rankings work do you? It is common opponents that count, Okie State drilling Texas Tech means nothing in the computers to Oklahoma. Glad I could help.
No need to be so smug. When I informed you how baseball betting works, I didn't act all high and mighty about it.

No need to be so smug. When I informed you how baseball betting works, I didn't act all high and mighty about it.
So your :fishing: attempt backfired then?

Yeah. Boy, is there ever egg on MY face. :mellow:

Yeah. Boy, is there ever egg on MY face. :mellow:
I wish my cholesterol wasn't so high, they made me choose between eggs and beer. :cry:

Good day for OU. Stanford and Boise out of the way. If LSU and OU run the rest of the table, people will be choosing between OU, Alabama, and Oregon... and LSU already beat two of those.

Good day for OU. Stanford and Boise out of the way. If LSU and OU run the rest of the table, people will be choosing between OU, Alabama, and Oregon... and LSU already beat two of those.
I got killed on my picks yesterday, but I'm happy that things worked in our favor.anyone else feel like we're a lock in bedlam? These seem like the same old cowboys to me, but our team seems better on defense than in past years.I Don't get to see many big 12 games in sec country.

I got killed on my picks yesterday, but I'm happy that things worked in our favor.anyone else feel like we're a lock in bedlam? These seem like the same old cowboys to me, but our team seems better on defense than in past years.I Don't get to see many big 12 games in sec country.
Nope, I think OSU is really good this year. Defense is MEH, but their offense is legit. I don't feel to confident for a win with Broyles and Whaley watching the game from the sidelines. Would like to see OU establish more of a run game before a big BCS bowl. I keep hearing how the SEC defense is so great, and they could shut down the pass since OU doesn't run the ball as well as other teams. Is it factual? Who knows? I do know that whoever wins the Bedlam game is playing in the BCS Title Game.

Nope, I think OSU is really good this year. Defense is MEH, but their offense is legit. I don't feel to confident for a win with Broyles and Whaley watching the game from the sidelines. Would like to see OU establish more of a run game before a big BCS bowl. I keep hearing how the SEC defense is so great, and they could shut down the pass since OU doesn't run the ball as well as other teams. Is it factual? Who knows? I do know that whoever wins the Bedlam game is playing in the BCS Title Game.
I feel the same way about bedlam, I hate all this lsu/bama hype and hope we don't get screwed. I can't see them doing a rematch for the NCG.From 1000 miles away, osu offense is improved but to me their defense is awful. I see our offense not missing a beat without whaley and broyles because we've got the depth. But our def looks good enough to stop osu just enough times for us to get a win. Isn't that par for this game the last few years?I couldn't believe ksu put up 50 on osu at home. Of course that could be said about tex tech as well. I think our guys were napping during that rain delay.

'boofatty said:
I feel the same way about bedlam, I hate all this lsu/bama hype and hope we don't get screwed.
If Alabama went instead of us, I wouldn't call it being screwed. They're a really good team that deserves it as much as OU does. Same with Oregon and maybe even Clemson given their schedule. I don't agree that we're a lock if we beat OSU - I can see scenarios where we miss out even if we win. Arkansas beating LSU, Oregon or Alabama edging us, us losing to Baylor.

'boofatty said:
I feel the same way about bedlam, I hate all this lsu/bama hype and hope we don't get screwed.
If Alabama went instead of us, I wouldn't call it being screwed. They're a really good team that deserves it as much as OU does. Same with Oregon and maybe even Clemson given their schedule. I don't agree that we're a lock if we beat OSU - I can see scenarios where we miss out even if we win. Arkansas beating LSU, Oregon or Alabama edging us, us losing to Baylor.
Definitely

OU has caught a lot of breaks to get to the championship game in the past. This might just be the year those breaks go against them.

Not sure why we are all talking about getting into the NCSG at this point, they have to go to Waco this week to play one of the best players in college football.

I'd like to see more Belldozer these last few weeks just in case Landry decides to go pro (which I think is unlikely right now). I'm always excited to see Drew Allen but he's never done one thing to make me think he's the next guy.

Defense is gonna have to be the difference in Bedlam this year, I don't think OU can match Okie State punch for punch with the injuries and the fact Okie State is insane good. Defense has to shut down RGIII too, no small task.

Two awful calls: one against OU taking away a TD (not an illegal chop block as called) and one not called that would have been a first down on 3rd and 27. :thumbdown:

Seriosuly though with all the injuries, the shaky secondary play and an inconsistent landry did they have a chance to win in New Orleans? I think they'll be in Bedlam, but OSU is better this year which makes it a shame they lost to Iowa State. If they beat Iowa State and lose to OSU, they go to the Cotton Bowl vs the SEC west #3. If they win, Fiesta Bowl vs Stanford I guess.

Just got PermaBanned from Sooners Football Forum. I said that Venebles and Martinez should be fired. Also, that the defense should not be giving themselves names like the sharks, more like the turntables since everyone they play is setting records on them. Laughed at the OU WR's and RB's for saying that the OU defense could still be called the sharks since they blindly bite on fakes, and double moves. A lot of sore feelings and emotions flying high over there. Still cannot believe we lost to Baylor. Baylor and Texas Tech good Lord this team needs for the season to end soon and get some players healthy for next season. IF our defense is going to be mediocre maybe OU needs to run more of a pro style offense and give the defense a rest. The hurry up really puts the defense on the field for a long time, which is not a strong point. Last night giving up 50 yard passing plays over and over I started feeling sorry for the secondary. Either the secondary is coached poorly, or the players are not very good. Either way those players in the secondary have had a long year of getting torched. Bedlam tickets have plummeted since yesterday. Just venting. Baylor and Texas Tech WTF!!!

Users who are viewing this thread