What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (2 Viewers)

Just got back from the game by the way - the atmosphere was incredible. Saw some friends from UT before the game and bantered for a bit before we settled in on our separate sides and watched em play.

Even when we only came away with field goals the 1st two drives, it looked like the game was over at 6-3...UT was thoroughly dominated on both sides of the ball from the first play. The two-headed thing at QB was on the run all day...Case would throw some 5 yard outs and then Ash would come in to hand the ball off...

If I were a Longhorn, I'd be pissed at the playcalls. Like three times they tried this double reverse thing with a read option of some sort, one of which it looked like the added in a Flea Flicker...and every time they tried it they lost a ton of yards. They went from the 7 yard line and a first down to 4th and 49 on three consecutive plays trying a gadget, letting Ash come in, and then Ash ran backwards to try and escape the rush before his patented sack-fumble move.

If I'm UT, I gotta teach Ash how to throw the ball away or a least how to not fumble. McCoy has no arm - the one play where we busted a coverage and he had protection to launch a bomb, he threw it with all he could and the pass was 10-15 yards underthrown...

Not to mention the PI calls - a phantom offensive one on Stills early, then the next series Whaley got tackled with the ball coming towards him but no call.

One of the best parts was when we were talking to each other and somebody said we couldn't run the ball at all on them, and the next play Whaley broke like a 75 yard TD. Priceless.

We looked damn good today, and Trey Franks back to return kicks was really nice.

After watching the game I came away thinking that it was a very impressive win against another top ranked team. Didn't really have a complaint other than the rushing game for OU, and then Whaley busted one a long run for TD. I wish the 3rd and 4th stringers didn't give up those points, because the game was not as close as the final score shows (cliche I know). Thought about replying to the trolls, but the as,s whuppin' OU put on Texas covers all the replies.

Linebacker Travis Lewiswas the fifth Sooner this season to wear No. 12 on defense, honoring linebacker Austin Box, who died in May. The first four were linebacker Tom Wort, end Frank Alexander, safety Javon Harris and linebacker Corey Nelson.The 5-yard touchdown pass Broyles caught from Jones was the 42nd of the senior wide receiver's career, matching the Big 12 record set by Rashaun Woods at Oklahoma State.Jones' 305 passing yards in the first half were 45 short of the school record for a half, set by Sam Bradford in the first half against North Texas in 2007.

I posted this in game thread too:

UT homer here.

I haven't seen game yet. My kids had soccer during game and I got updates on my phone, seemed like it got out of hand quick. Without seeing game or reading paper yet, big congrats to ou. From what I have seen, Texas is solid team offense and defense. What I had seen of ou, which hadn't been too much, I had been unimpressed, the final score is impressive. Congrats.

Long ways to go but as front runner to represent Big 12 do it to it. I will always root for Texas teams over you guys, but Big 12 is next in my criteria.

:thumbup:

Team (No. 1 votes) Record Points Pvs.

1. LSU (40) 5-0 1,473 1

2. Alabama (12) 5-0 1,435 3

3. Oklahoma (7) 4-0 1,397 2

4. Wisconsin 5-0 1,266 7

5. Boise St. (1) 4-0 1,248 4

6. Oklahoma St. 4-0 1,191 5

7. Stanford 4-0 1,185 6

8. Clemson 5-0 1,093 13

9. Oregon 3-1 1,028 9

10. Arkansas 4-1 860 18

11. Texas 4-0 833 17

12. Michigan 5-0 812 19

13. Georgia Tech 5-0 667 21

14. Nebraska 4-1 555 8

15. Auburn 4-1 550 NR

16. West Virginia 4-1 544 22

17. Florida 4-1 498 12

18. South Carolina 4-1 487 10

19. Illinois 5-0 428 24

20. Kansas St. 4-0 349 NR

21. Virginia Tech 4-1 341 11

22. Arizona St. 4-1 256 25

23. Florida St. 2-2 237 23

24. Texas A&M 2-2 216 14

25. Baylor 3-1 186 15

Oh well.
I knew this would happen eventually.
Yea, ou just isn't as good as people thought before season. It's ok. Just the way things are.
Undefeated with a big road win vs FSU and they aren't as good as people thought? Sure makes perfect sense. With LSU deserving of the #1 ranking and Bama winning a big road game at UF while OU played Ball St of course they will move ahead in the polls. When OU rolls the Horns Saturday then they will likely jump Bama again. Have a feeling we won't be seeing you around much after Saturday. You have made some fine contributions to this thread though.
Nice win at fsu on a rowdy sat night. Not an easy task. Another team beat fsu too, an unranked clemson team. It's good you feel good about it, I am happy for you.I see 4 wins vs unranked opponents, yeah, fsu shouldn't be there, obvious to me, maybe not to some. Sorry to break it to you. I am adding enough to this thread to try to show you the light. It's your choice whether you want to look at it. No one has refuted what I said. Just giving opinions, with merit. You should try to get some.

:banned:
Unranked Clemson? Just a little off there. Keep those contributions with merit coming.
Yes, I made a mistake. I googled ou schedule, not sure what I looked at. Okay 4 unranked wins. They two decent ones were uninspiring. feel good about it. Truly exposed this weekend. You heard it here, although maybe not the first one. :popcorn:
It appears you don't really care about getting your facts straight. FSU is ranked 22nd. Clemson is ranked 8th. So forgive us if your opinions don't warrant much of our attention.Good luck to your Longhorns, though. They'll need it. :thumbup:
Learn to read boy. I made a mistake on you guys playing Clemson. Feel good about your uninspiring wins and my mistake you guys playing Clemson. It's all you got, so cling to it. landry jones will be exposed for what he is along with the rest of your the team. It will be fun. bodog won't let me do a ML bet yet, loving the spread. Should be about +500. I went ahead and put 4 units on the Horns +10, heck why not take points when it comes to $$$. I will be betting more on the ML when it comes out. Lovin it. :banned:
Any final comments with merit? Be gone troll.

I posted this in game thread too:UT homer here.I haven't seen game yet. My kids had soccer during game and I got updates on my phone, seemed like it got out of hand quick. Without seeing game or reading paper yet, big congrats to ou. From what I have seen, Texas is solid team offense and defense. What I had seen of ou, which hadn't been too much, I had been unimpressed, the final score is impressive. Congrats.Long ways to go but as front runner to represent Big 12 do it to it. I will always root for Texas teams over you guys, but Big 12 is next in my criteria. :thumbup:
I'm glad you posted this because you've made a lot of weird comments over the years and this seems sincere. Would appreciate a little less trolling in this thread. :thumbup:

Okay 4 unranked wins. They two decent ones were uninspiring. feel good about it. Truly exposed this weekend. You heard it here, although maybe not the first one.

:popcorn:
Were you talking about your own team there, Longhorn man? I feel like you guys couldn't decide if it was better to let our offense take the field or yours...since we scored just as much with our defense on the field. Case McCoy and David Ash ought to have the "sack-fumble" patented...good Lord they look bad when compared to a 1st round prospect like Landry.

5-0: KState on the road, some revenge against A&M, and then the toughest game of the year at Ok. State.
Yep. Great win by the Sooners. I was there as always. I haven't been on the McCoy/Ash wagon too much. They finally looked more like what they are: a weak-armed sophomore in a new offense, and a physically talented true freshman. Neither got any protection on passing downs from a very good OU d-line. Run blocking wasn't bad early, but pass-pro was horrific. In addition to the sack-fumbles, both threw a lot of balls to nobody in particular. Ash def has the much higher upside of the two, imho, but our best qb isn't on campus yet (Connor Brewer from AZ). Who knows how long he'll take to get PT next year.I don't think most people expected a win for Texas in this game. No matter how you cut it, they're rebuilding and playing LOTS of youth right now and OU isn't. The key for Texas, as it is with the loser of this game every year, is how they respond for the rest of the season and build for the coming seasons.

If I were a Longhorn, I'd be pissed at the playcalls. Like three times they tried this double reverse thing with a read option of some sort, one of which it looked like the added in a Flea Flicker...and every time they tried it they lost a ton of yards. They went from the 7 yard line and a first down to 4th and 49 on three consecutive plays trying a gadget, letting Ash come in, and then Ash ran backwards to try and escape the rush before his patented sack-fumble move.

If I'm UT, I gotta teach Ash how to throw the ball away or a least how to not fumble. McCoy has no arm - the one play where we busted a coverage and he had protection to launch a bomb, he threw it with all he could and the pass was 10-15 yards underthrown...
Yep...the play-calling was...disappointing. OU seemed to have the option pretty well-scouted and were sticking with their assignments well.As for McCoy and Ash, you're dead-on and sound like me at the game. They're just not as good as advertised. McCoy, imho, is going to be nothing more than a decent backup in the long run, and Ash...well, we'll see. He has the physical tools, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay 4 unranked wins. They two decent ones were uninspiring. feel good about it. Truly exposed this weekend. You heard it here, although maybe not the first one.

Were you talking about your own team there, Longhorn man? I feel like you guys couldn't decide if it was better to let our offense take the field or yours...since we scored just as much with our defense on the field. Case McCoy and David Ash ought to have the "sack-fumble" patented...good Lord they look bad when compared to a 1st round prospect like Landry.

5-0: KState on the road, some revenge against A&M, and then the toughest game of the year at Ok. State.
Yep. Great win by the Sooners. I was there as always. I haven't been on the McCoy/Ash wagon too much. They finally looked more like what they are: a weak-armed sophomore in a new offense, and a physically talented true freshman. Neither got any protection on passing downs from a very good OU d-line. Run blocking wasn't bad early, but pass-pro was horrific. In addition to the sack-fumbles, both threw a lot of balls to nobody in particular. Ash def has the much higher upside of the two, imho, but our best qb isn't on campus yet (Connor Brewer from AZ). Who knows how long he'll take to get PT next year.I don't think most people expected a win for Texas in this game. No matter how you cut it, they're rebuilding and playing LOTS of youth right now and OU isn't. The key for Texas, as it is with the loser of this game every year, is how they respond for the rest of the season and build for the coming seasons.
15 underclassmen started for OU on Saturday.

Yep. Great win by the Sooners. I was there as always. I haven't been on the McCoy/Ash wagon too much. They finally looked more like what they are: a weak-armed sophomore in a new offense, and a physically talented true freshman. Neither got any protection on passing downs from a very good OU d-line. Run blocking wasn't bad early, but pass-pro was horrific. In addition to the sack-fumbles, both threw a lot of balls to nobody in particular. Ash def has the much higher upside of the two, imho, but our best qb isn't on campus yet (Connor Brewer from AZ). Who knows how long he'll take to get PT next year.If Ash could hold onto the ball, he wouldn't have as much trouble - he was significantly better at McCoy when escaping the pass rush. McCoy is a nothing...just has the name. Yall gotta get rid of him as soon as you can.

I don't think most people expected a win for Texas in this game. No matter how you cut it, they're rebuilding and playing LOTS of youth right now and OU isn't. The key for Texas, as it is with the loser of this game every year, is how they respond for the rest of the season and build for the coming seasons.

Yep...the play-calling was...disappointing. OU seemed to have the option pretty well-scouted and were sticking with their assignments well.As for McCoy and Ash, you're dead-on and sound like me at the game. They're just not as good as advertised. McCoy, imho, is going to be nothing more than a decent backup in the long run, and Ash...well, we'll see. He has the physical tools, at least.
I don't even think McCoy qualifies as a decent backup. A decent backup is a guy with some physical tools who doesn't always make good decisions...McCoy has no physical tools to speak of AND makes poor decisions.I don't recall very much if any, Play-action passing. With the way UT wants to run, you'd think they could call a play action once in a while...

I don't know about OU lacking youth. Word out of sub-30 and a couple other events is that there's a decent chance Landry stays because he wants to continue to be active in the on-campus ministry stuff. He's got one more year if he wants it and is like a Tebow clone personality wise - he's just a lot less famous for it.

The receivers are young too - Stills is dominant at times. Broyles and Hanna are the only receivers of consequence that we're gonna lose, I believe. And Whaley is amazing. :love:

'Christo said:
'the hairy scotsman said:

I don't doubt you, and I didn't pay close attn to who were the exact starters Saturday. I also get that OU isn't going to lose a bunch of seniors this season. The only way I had to compare is by way of depth charts. I know Texas' is up to date. I'm assuming OU's is as well. This count doesn't encompass S/T, and counts both Ash & McCoy. and Clay & Whaley (co-starters):Texas:

4 True Fr.

1 RS Fr.

9 So.

3 Jr.

6 Sr.

Offense: 4, 0, 5, 1, 2

Defense: 0, 1, 4, 2, 4

OU:

0 True Fr.

0 Rs Fr.

6 So.

9 Jr.

8 Sr.

Offense: 0, 0, 3, 4, 5

Defense: 0, 0, 3, 5, 3

If Ash could hold onto the ball, he wouldn't have as much trouble - he was significantly better at McCoy when escaping the pass rush. McCoy is a nothing...just has the name. Yall gotta get rid of him as soon as you can.
Agree completely about McCoy. I've never been impressed with him.

I don't even think McCoy qualifies as a decent backup. A decent backup is a guy with some physical tools who doesn't always make good decisions...McCoy has no physical tools to speak of AND makes poor decisions.
Yeah, I pretty much agree here. I guess I was being nice.
I don't recall very much if any, Play-action passing. With the way UT wants to run, you'd think they could call a play action once in a while...
I noticed this/lamented it as well.
I don't know about OU lacking youth. Word out of sub-30 and a couple other events is that there's a decent chance Landry stays because he wants to continue to be active in the on-campus ministry stuff. He's got one more year if he wants it and is like a Tebow clone personality wise - he's just a lot less famous for it.
1) He doesn't sprint for every camera or mic he sees.2) He doesn't play in the SEC.

ETA: BTW, speaking of QB play and of Jones, the phenomenal game he had wasn't lost on me or on most Texas fans AFAIK. Great vision, OUTSTANDING accuracy, and great reads. Just did everything you could ask.

The receivers are young too - Stills is dominant at times. Broyles and Hanna are the only receivers of consequence that we're gonna lose, I believe. And Whaley is amazing. :love:
Your depth chart shows a Sr starting at TE, and 2 Srs and a So at WR. Just sayin. ;)

'Christo said:

I don't doubt you, and I didn't pay close attn to who were the exact starters Saturday. I also get that OU isn't going to lose a bunch of seniors this season. The only way I had to compare is by way of depth charts. I know Texas' is up to date. I'm assuming OU's is as well. This count doesn't encompass S/T, and counts both Ash & McCoy. and Clay & Whaley (co-starters):Texas:

4 True Fr.

1 RS Fr.

9 So.

3 Jr.

6 Sr.

OU:

0 True Fr.

0 Rs Fr.

6 So.

9 Jr.

8 Sr.

Sooners start 4 sophomores on offense Ikart, Clay, Stills, Millard and would start Franks if he wasn't an idiot. Finch is also a sophomore. On defense they start Wort, Nelson, Jefferson, and Colvin. Hunnicut their place kicker is a redshirt Freshman. On defense they don't have any senior who is a great contributor who is a senior except Travis Lewis and Frank Alexander. Yeah they have more experience than Texas, but you'd think a school who always pulls top three classes and was 5-7 last year might not be rebuilding all the time. Seems strange.

'Christo said:

4 True Fr.

1 RS Fr.

9 So.

3 Jr.

6 Sr.

OU:

0 True Fr.

0 Rs Fr.

6 So.

9 Jr.

8 Sr.

Sooners start 4 sophomores on offense Ikart, Clay, Stills, Millard and would start Franks if he wasn't an idiot. Finch is also a sophomore. On defense they start Wort, Nelson, Jefferson, and Colvin. Hunnicut their place kicker is a redshirt Freshman. On defense they don't have any senior who is a great contributor who is a senior except Travis Lewis and Frank Alexander. Yeah they have more experience than Texas, but you'd think a school who always pulls top three classes and was 5-7 last year might not be rebuilding all the time. Seems strange.
We aren't.Last season sucked, obviously, but I wouldn't say it was a rebuilding year. Most people thought we'd be good. We just weren't, because of MANY issues. In the prior 6 seasons Texas played in 2 non-BCS bowls, 2 BCS Bowls, and 2 BCSNCGs. They lost 1 of these games and had BCS final ranks of 4, 1, 19, 19, 3, and 2.

This is a rebuilding year.

Anyway, regarding the starters classifications, I got that stuff from soonersports.com, updated 10/3. Finch isn't a starter, and Nelson backs up Lewis (according to soonersports.com). I counted Wort, Jefferson, and Colvin. I also counted all of those offensive guys, too. Just broke it down wrong by 1.

Should be:

Offense: 0, 0, 4, 3, 5

Your depth chart shows a Sr starting at TE, and 2 Srs and a So at WR. Just sayin. ;)
Hanna (who I went to high school with) has a backup who I think is pretty good - he overtook Trent Ratteree this year. I think we'll be ok there. I think a Stills/Franks combo at WR will suffice, along with a couple of the guys we are recruiting (one of my best friends works in the recruiting office and so he hears who the coaches like) who will start as true freshman IMO.We'll definitely regress (especially if Jones does decide to leave since he should have his degree) next year, but I think we'll still have a nice shot at a BCS Bowl game.

ETA: I get what you're saying about starters, but our backups start at 90% of the schools out there at many positions. I think that most of the backups will be able to step in pretty seamlessly in future years.

Hanna (who I went to high school with) has a backup who I think is pretty good - he overtook Trent Ratteree this year. I think we'll be ok there. I think a Stills/Franks combo at WR will suffice, along with a couple of the guys we are recruiting (one of my best friends works in the recruiting office and so he hears who the coaches like) who will start as true freshman IMO.We'll definitely regress (especially if Jones does decide to leave since he should have his degree) next year, but I think we'll still have a nice shot at a BCS Bowl game.

ETA: I get what you're saying about starters, but our backups start at 90% of the schools out there at many positions. I think that most of the backups will be able to step in pretty seamlessly in future years.
I think so, too. I wasn't trying to make the case that OU is old or about to suffer a big dropoff. They aren't. It was more of a relative look to show how young Texas is.BTW, sorry if this tangent has disrupted the conversation here. I didn't see the game thread until after I had seen the game convo here and posted a reply.

'Christo said:

4 True Fr.

1 RS Fr.

9 So.

3 Jr.

6 Sr.

OU:

0 True Fr.

0 Rs Fr.

6 So.

9 Jr.

8 Sr.

We aren't.Last season sucked, obviously, but I wouldn't say it was a rebuilding year. Most people thought we'd be good. We just weren't, because of MANY issues. In the prior 6 seasons Texas played in 2 non-BCS bowls, 2 BCS Bowls, and 2 BCSNCGs. They lost 1 of these games and had BCS final ranks of 4, 1, 19, 19, 3, and 2.

This is a rebuilding year.

Anyway, regarding the starters classifications, I got that stuff from soonersports.com, updated 10/3. Finch isn't a starter, and Nelson backs up Lewis (according to soonersports.com). I counted Wort, Jefferson, and Colvin. I also counted all of those offensive guys, too. Just broke it down wrong by 1.

Should be:

Offense: 0, 0, 4, 3, 5
You don't have to pull out the Texas resume on me, I'm familiar with it. Nelson is a starter, Finch is a key player in the rotation and OU has several other underclassmen contributors. In college who "starts" is fairly irrelevant anyway, it is about who contributes and how many downs players play. On defense the Sooners use 18 guys or more every game and it is the best defense we've had since I've been following the team. On offense they have Millard, Stills, Clay, Franks and Finch who are all sophomores. Doesn't matter how many underclassmen you have playing, it matters what those underclassmen are doing and those guys are all skill position players that have or will make a big impact this year. Same on defense with Jefferson who is one of the best players in the Big 12 already as a sophomore and Wort who is a ridiculous 500 hp motor that is always running in the red. OU also has a walk on RB who is one of the best in the Big 12, you can't even account for things like that when evaluating a program. It's amazing. Having all those underclassmen starters is fine to the point that the team grows and they have no time to really right the ship with Okie State coming in this week. I think they'll win 8 games this year, but they just got their asses whipped by a much better football team. Texas has fallen pretty far in the past 21 months but I'm sure they'll right the ship at some point.

BTW, sorry if this tangent has disrupted the conversation here. I didn't see the game thread until after I had seen the game convo here and posted a reply.
Absolutely not. We've had our disagreements in the past but your college football acumen and Texas knowledge is always welcome here. We don't have a big community anyway and as you know the otehr threads get run into the ground sometimes (I contribute to that sometimes :bag: )Prediction on Texas/OSU score this week for a gambler?

BTW, sorry if this tangent has disrupted the conversation here. I didn't see the game thread until after I had seen the game convo here and posted a reply.
Absolutely not. We've had our disagreements in the past but your college football acumen and Texas knowledge is always welcome here. We don't have a big community anyway and as you know the otehr threads get run into the ground sometimes (I contribute to that sometimes :bag: )Prediction on Texas/OSU score this week for a gambler?
Nah...no predictions on this one. This Texas team is one of the hardest to predict that I've seen in 30 years. They could come out and wreck #### or they could suck like last week. The only positives I took from the game were the play of Whitaker, Monroe, and Brown, and the fight the team showed to the very end in an ugly blowout. That wasn't there last year.OSU isn't playing the best defense though, and if Texas gets its #### together somewhat, it could be a very good game, and maybe a shootout.OU just gave everyone a lot of good film on us, esp our qbs and OL. It's funny, everyone was screaming to get rid of Gilbert (to insert McCoy of all people), but apparently they couldn't see he wasn't the biggest problem with our O. It's the O-line, and now Gilbert's hurt and looking to transfer. Judging from our QB situation this past Saturday, I think we may miss him, even if only in a limited role. Fix the O-line, and you fix a whole lot of what's wrong at Texas right now.

Nah...no predictions on this one. This Texas team is one of the hardest to predict that I've seen in 30 years. They could come out and wreck #### or they could suck like last week. The only positives I took from the game were the play of Whitaker, Monroe, and Brown, and the fight the team showed to the very end in an ugly blowout. That wasn't there last year.OSU isn't playing the best defense though, and if Texas gets its #### together somewhat, it could be a very good game, and maybe a shootout.OU just gave everyone a lot of good film on us, esp our qbs and OL. It's funny, everyone was screaming to get rid of Gilbert (to insert McCoy of all people), but apparently they couldn't see he wasn't the biggest problem with our O. It's the O-line, and now Gilbert's hurt and looking to transfer. Judging from our QB situation this past Saturday, I think we may miss him, even if only in a limited role. Fix the O-line, and you fix a whole lot of what's wrong at Texas right now.
Yeah, not too happy with Gilbert. I am sure he would get PT if stayed around. Resoak everything in, it might set, don't cut and run. Whatever. Not like a Texas kid, but maybe a Lake Travis kid, don't know any and that high school wasn't around or unknown to me when I lived in area. Connor Wood, who I wish got a shot, was looking at 4th string, I don't blame him.O-line should be #1-2 priority with D-line. Not sure what issue is with O-line, haven't looked real hard, just expect it to be taken care of.

Mike Stoops is suddenly out at Arizona. But if his older brother has any say in it, he'll be able to find a soft professional landing in Oklahoma.That's what Bob Stoops told reporters at his Tuesday press conference, saying that if everything worked out, he'd be open to hiring Mike onto his staff in Norman."Sure, if I had enough money to," Bob said when asked if he might bring his brother aboard. "He's going to have a lot of opportunities."That's likely true -- see the third Stoops coaching brother, Mark Stoops, engineering the Florida State defense as the Seminoles' coordinator in Tallahassee -- and Bob won't be able to offer him the defensive coordinator's chair with Brent Venables well established as the Sooners' DC. To come to Norman, Mike would likely have to accept a role as a position coach ... and likely a salary well below what he might be able to make on the market as a coordinator or head coach.But it's easy to see why Bob would welcome Mike's return. The two worked together on the Oklahoma staff from 1999 to 2003, a four-year span in which Mike's defenses helped the Sooners win one national championship and play for another. If Mike is looking for job stability and a familiar environment first and a fat salary second (which, after his abrupt firing in Arizona, isn't that farfetched), a reunion is at least a possibility.But as bob said: Mike's going to have opportunities. And the likelihood is that he'll find a higher-paying one somewhere outside of his brother's shadow.
Absolutely do this.

Brent Venables is getting a HC gig after this season for sure, bring Mike back.
That would be a dream come true. Work Mike back in slowly and then have him help come up with the defensive game plan for the OSU game and then help OU win national title #8.

This sounds similar to what Stoops did for Pellini when he needed a gig between bigger jobs.

I hate this game already! Kansas throwing passes from their Areses Holes and making a lot of plays early.
The Whaley fumble kind of surprised me. Kansas not terrible but they have let them stay in the game thus far. FINISH THEM!
Would love to see OU punch this possession in for a TD before halftime. Just seems like the OU m.o. to play mediocre against lesser competition. Maybe they still have a little bit of a hangover after last weeks big win?

I hate this game already! Kansas throwing passes from their Areses Holes and making a lot of plays early.
The Whaley fumble kind of surprised me. Kansas not terrible but they have let them stay in the game thus far. FINISH THEM!
Would love to see OU punch this possession in for a TD before halftime. Just seems like the OU m.o. to play mediocre against lesser competition. Maybe they still have a little bit of a hangover after last weeks big win?
Don't you hate that as an excuse though? They beat FSU then have a hangover. They bury Texas then have a hangover. Seems like they should be able to handle a team like this at the line of scrimmage.

Don't you hate that as an excuse though? They beat FSU then have a hangover. They bury Texas then have a hangover. Seems like they should be able to handle a team like this at the line of scrimmage.
I seriously thought that OU could run dive plays all night against Kansas and win by 40. With the athletes that OU has vs Kansas I am surprised it is this close of a ball game at half. The 7 plays from with in the Kansas 4 yard line and having to settle for a FG is ridiculous. I know OU is not going to blow every team out, but Kansas only down by 10 at half is unacceptable. I believe OU will turn it up a notch in the 2nd half, and will pull away. I just hope OU doesn't give up a big play to Kansas to start the 2nd half and let the crowd get back into this game.

Man Landry is just different on the road. Neutral site, fine. At home? Guy is a beast among beasts. On the road he is ok to awful, tonight he's awful.

Oh man, was just gonna say how awesome Finch looked tonight and now he's hurt. Stills also had a knee issue tonight, oof.

OMG the red zone offense is terrible this year.

I like Hunnicut, much better than Stevens.
:goodposting: Stevens was right on the edge of breaking the all time scoring record this year. Stevens is hurt, he is noticeably limping around the Norman area, and I think Stoops was tired of him not being able to kick the long FG?

Did you see the video of Finch leaving the field? He said, "#### man" when he was asked how he was by the sideline coaches. LOL

13 sacks the past two weeks but why are the starters in up 30 with 3 minutes left? Nelson seemed to be hurt there, we don't need Nelson hurt.

30 point win, 600 yards of offense and dominant in 2nd half on D in particular. :thumbup:

Ugliest 30 point win I have seen in a long time! Still worried about the red zone scoring on the road. Landry looked meh for most of the game. Defense looked awesome. Nice to see Broyles break the all time receiving record with a TD!

K-State is for real, Kline is gonna be a tough match-up next week.

First things first, Techa Tech rolling in. I like them to smash Techa Tech in Norman because we have such trouble down there.

The game was gonna be on here but because of the delay, they stayed with the Stanford game. That sucks.

Listening on Soonerradio now.

Oklahoma looks so BAD!!! right now. No passion, bad tackling, fumbling, ZERO pass rush, and all the fans are sitting on their hands. The stadium is dead.

That is the worst half of football they've played at home in a long time. Oof.

That 90 minute delay took all the atmosphere outta the place and they are making a ton of mistakes.

Good thing they run a fast paced offense and can score fast because they are going to have to in the 2nd half.

Going to see a team possessed the 2nd half. No way OU loses at home to Tech. The only half of football I have seen the Sooners play worse in the last decade was the 05 national championship 1st half vs SC.

Users who are viewing this thread