What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (1 Viewer)

Seems like we just kicked a guy off the team for the same thing.

Plus there's the chance that he never plays a game for OU - sits out a year then enters the draft.

Can't believe a BCS team allowed DGB on their team. Yikes. Guy has had a ton of chances.

I am assuming no OU fans are happy with this?

Can't believe a BCS team allowed DGB on their team. Yikes. Guy has had a ton of chances.

I can't believe you can't believe.

The only thing he's ever been charged with is illegal possession of a small amount of marijuana. :shrug:

I'm fine with giving the guy another chance to turn his life around. He seems to realize he screwed up pretty bad and is appreciative of the university sticking its neck out for him. I'm sure he will be on a very short leash. I don't think there's much of a chance he gets the waiver from the NCAA so I don't suspect he'll ever play a down for OU. I'm finding it hard to get too fired up about this either way.

I'd love it if he played. He was our number 1 WR recruit target the year he came out.

He'll be gone though. He's just getting to a place he can practice and stay in football shape until he enters the draft.

Not sure why everyone thinks he's just going to leave for the NFL if he is unable to play in 2014. Financially he is way better off playing one more year of college football because he's not going to be a high pick with the character questions, and a whole year off football. There is no reason OU brings him in knowing this to be true, since the hardship waiver is so unlikely. He might in fact do just that, but I think it's anywhere close to being a given. I'd say it's less than 50/50. :2cents:

I'm with Doc on this one. Odds are he's a one and done in 2015. WTF would Stoops even give him the opportunity if he thought DGB was entering the draft next year?

I'm with Doc on this one. Odds are he's a one and done in 2015. WTF would Stoops even give him the opportunity if he thought DGB was entering the draft next year?
I agree, Stoops thinks he'll stay, or that he's good enough to justify the risk that he might leave. What percentage chance justifies that? If he has a 40% chance of staying a year, is he worth it? Probably, if he's clean off the field.

Oklahoma Sooners starting linebacker Frank Shannon has been accused of sexually assaulting a female student on Jan. 20, according to a report from The Oklahoman.The female alleges that after attending a party in which Shannon was also present, she was offered a ride home from the linebacker, who said he needed to first drop off his friends near his apartment.

According to the complaint, Shannon took the female into his bedroom, came up behind her, removed her pants and attempted to have sexual intercourse with her. Shannon became frustrated with the female when she wouldn't cooperate. When Shannon stepped aside to use the bathroom, the female left and met a friend in a nearby parking lot, where the friend then called the police.
It never ends. :no:
Frank Shannon suspended from school for one year.

Oklahoma Sooners starting linebacker Frank Shannon has been accused of sexually assaulting a female student on Jan. 20, according to a report from The Oklahoman.The female alleges that after attending a party in which Shannon was also present, she was offered a ride home from the linebacker, who said he needed to first drop off his friends near his apartment.

According to the complaint, Shannon took the female into his bedroom, came up behind her, removed her pants and attempted to have sexual intercourse with her. Shannon became frustrated with the female when she wouldn't cooperate. When Shannon stepped aside to use the bathroom, the female left and met a friend in a nearby parking lot, where the friend then called the police.
It never ends. :no:
Frank Shannon suspended from school for one year.
Sucks that it happened, but I hope this extends to the rest of his college career. Don't want him back.

Never gonna happen, but I'd love to see a big-time school go back to the 'bone. Georgia Tech and the service academies just don't do it for me.

When executed perfectly, there's not a prettier play in all of sports.

Never gonna happen, but I'd love to see a big-time school go back to the 'bone. Georgia Tech and the service academies just don't do it for me.

When executed perfectly, there's not a prettier play in all of sports.
Yep. I was at most of those games. In that Mizzou game OU rushed for 681 yards.

Holieway and Mookie Blaylock are my 2 favorite Sooners.

I don't think I've ever gotten more enjoyment than watching Tommie Frazier run that offense to perfection in '95 for the Huskers. Sheer f---ing dominance.

Everyone on FBG is exactly 40 years old, but I wonder how 45-year-olds feel about Boz... are they embarrassed?

Everyone on FBG is exactly 40 years old, but I wonder how 45-year-olds feel about Boz... are they embarrassed?
Not really. I was on campus when he was there. I think the "Brian v. The Boz" thing is mostly true. He ran his mouth in the media. And the NCAA T-shirt was dumb. But it was mostly an act. And it was always done with a nod and a wink. He went to class. Got good grades. You didn't see him out on weekends making a jackass out of himself like a lot of the other players.

THIS IS ALL STUPID ANYWAY AND EVERYONE IS A JERKFACE.

Time to start rooting for other teams to lose :-(

So I think we are a few players away from seriously competing for a NC. I think that we are also a few coaches away from getting to another NC. But, at this point what can OU do? It isn't like their is a better option available to coach this team. OU will continue to win BIG12 Championships, and never dipping again into the BLAKE years. So it is what it is. Maybe I am a little disappointed since I was "ALL IN" on the preseason and last season HYPE. Oh well......

Their All-American kicker missed a 32-yard FG, a 19 yard FG and an extra point and they still should have won. It's all about execution and the young players and the kicker simply didn't do that. The play calling on their own one and then at the K-State one was bad, but the players also didn't execute on those specific plays.

Outside the starting OL, this team is heavy in underclassman. They should have beat K-State by 20+ today, they just didn't because they made way too many mistakes. The talent is already there, the execution isn't.

Their All-American kicker missed a 32-yard FG, a 19 yard FG and an extra point and they still should have won. It's all about execution and the young players and the kicker simply didn't do that. The play calling on their own one and then at the K-State one was bad, but the players also didn't execute on those specific plays.

Outside the starting OL, this team is heavy in underclassman. They should have beat K-State by 20+ today, they just didn't because they made way too many mistakes. The talent is already there, the execution isn't.
That, and their WRs other than Shepard stink.

That, and their WRs other than Shepard stink.
They all got suspended or kicked off the team.

I really like Perine and Ross, and they'll have Mixon next year as well. There was no way I thought they'd go unbeaten but they have played three really tight games, and only won one of them. The offense and defense have both been wildly inconsistent, but have looked at times like the best units in years.

You can't lose that game today but I'm not sure you can explain the shear unreasonable way they lost, just crazy. Honeycutt is an All-American kicker, it's just strange. I think that extra point was his fault also, he kicked it at the cross bar.

Users who are viewing this thread