What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official Peyton Manning Injury watch*** (1 Viewer)

moleculo

Footballguy
Manning was hit below the waste in the last 2 minutes today. MRI, but played thru it. Scheduled for tomorrow.

Early word is that its an ankle thing. Manning has been dealing with ankle injuries for a few weeks. I see ankle injury as a good sign - I tore my MCL a while ago in a ju-jitsu tournament and didn't feel a thing until the next day, even continued to compete on it... that was my fear - an injury that doesn't hurt for a while. I don't think ankles work that way. Ankle injury can be worked thru, IMO.

My whole teams been hurt, Manning and Megatron are the only thing's keeping me afloat :wall: For what it's worth he took a couple snaps after he got hurt but collapsed after the first time he tried to get up.

My whole teams been hurt, Manning and Megatron are the only thing's keeping me afloat :wall: For what it's worth he took a couple snaps after he got hurt but collapsed after the first time he tried to get up.
LOL, must be hard owning Manning and Megatron. Hope you catch a break and the injury is nothing serious.

NBC is pretty pumped up for next Sunday night's Brock Osweiler vs. Alex Smith pillow fight.
I'll see your funny and raise you an "Osweiler throws three TDs and everybody questions how good Manning really is".
I'll buy the first part.
Despite an absurd array of weapons, I think there's almost no chance Brock throws 3 TDs against that defense in his first start.
Case Keenum did pretty well and doesn't have near the weapons Osweiler would have at his disposal. I wouldn't be surprised. I certaintly wouldn't say there's almost no chance. KC's secondary is beatable.

Fair points, but there's one difference.

We know (now) that Keenum can play when it counts. We don't know that about Brock. He may poop himself in the spotlight. It happens.

Peyton just seems like the kind of guy who will say everything feels fine if he's not worried, and not let on that he's hurt.

That ain't what he did. If I'm a betting man, I'm betting on missed time.

NBC is pretty pumped up for next Sunday night's Brock Osweiler vs. Alex Smith pillow fight.
I'll see your funny and raise you an "Osweiler throws three TDs and everybody questions how good Manning really is".
I'll buy the first part.
Despite an absurd array of weapons, I think there's almost no chance Brock throws 3 TDs against that defense in his first start.
Case Keenum did pretty well and doesn't have near the weapons Osweiler would have at his disposal. I wouldn't be surprised. I certaintly wouldn't say there's almost no chance. KC's secondary is beatable.
Campbell too.

Keenum was a gunslinger in college with 5 years under his belt, but Osweiler, though he played at AZ St. on a high scoring offense (not as high flying as Houston's...), basically had one full season as a starter. He's a "project."

Really Elway has quite a bit on the line here. Sure it's easy to see Manning's your QB (not that easy to sign him granted) but it's a whole other thing to be a GM who can spot young QB talent, that's where the chops get made.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he plays, they are going to have to get the running game going so KC doesn't blitz every time and Denver needs to keep the short passing game working. When the season started, Manning was getting the ball out quicker and wasn't taking these hits. Now the offense seems to be more centered around the longer passes (15 yard type stuff) and he is getting hit.

Just my opinion.

And for what it is worth, Brock looked very good in pre-season. His passing mechanics and throws were greatly improved. He just tends to get antsy in the pocket and doesn't seem to go thru his reads.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he plays, they are going to have to get the running game going so KC doesn't blitz every time and Denver needs to keep the short passing game working. When the season started, Manning was getting the ball out quicker and wasn't taking these hits. Now the offense seems to be more centered around the longer passes (15 yard type stuff) and he is getting hit.

Just my opinion.

And for what it is worth, Brock looked very good in pre-season. His passing mechanics and throws were greatly improved. He just tends to get antsy in the pocket and doesn't seem to go thru his reads.
Screens to DT seem to help!

Chiefs have that luck this year. Could be yet another back-up QB on tap. Hope not though.
Depending on how you count Pryor, Kansas City has faced almost as many 3rd string quarterbacks this year (3) as they have 1st string quarterbacks (4). And two of those starters they faced were Blaine Gabbert and Mike Vick, who appear to actually be worse than their backups.

Here's a complete list of opposing QBs so far: Blaine Gabbert, Tony Romo, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Terrell Pryor, Case Keenum, Jason Campbell, Jeff Tuel. I think an argument can be made today that Case Keenum, an undrafted rookie making his first career start, is the second best quarterback on that list. Third best at worst, behind Romo and Vick. If they get to add Brock Osweiler to that list, too, I'm going to lose it.

:coffee:

Mornin' everyone. Just gonna sidle up to the bar here and see what's going on. Anyone bring doughnuts?

Hypothetically speaking, if manning misses time, would you just try to pick up osweiller? I don't carry a backup qb and would be forced to get the best ww option. Would you trust osweiller?

Peyton Manning MRI shows no new damage; Broncos QB "will play Sunday"

link

"Peyton Manning absolutely will play Sunday against the Chiefs," an NFL source said Monday morning.

A magnetic resonance imaging exam showed an aggravation of Manning's right high ankle sprain, but no new significant damage.

Manning might be held back from some practice time this week — as he was prior to the game against the Washington Redskins three weeks ago — but he will play in the Broncos' AFC West Division showdown Sunday night against the Kansas City Chiefs at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Read more: Peyton Manning MRI shows no new damage; Broncos QB "will play Sunday" - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24499761/peyton-manning-mri-shows-no-new-damage-broncos#ixzz2kMiLVE8z
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Users who are viewing this thread