What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I saw chatter on Twitter last night about Savage’s biography being a hit piece or burial because of all the bad things about him that we already knew. The only new stuff I saw was that he was popping X with Gorgeous George. 

I saw chatter on Twitter last night about Savage’s biography being a hit piece or burial because of all the bad things about him that we already knew. The only new stuff I saw was that he was popping X with Gorgeous George. 
A lot of people hated it. I didn't see it and after hearing from people will not be watching it. I'm guessing the people who made it are Hogan fans 

Happy 8th yrs to one of the best factions/stables of the last decade and still going strong The Bullet Club which was formed by prince Devitt with Badluck Fale and joined by Machine Gun Karl Anderson. BC4L!!!!!

In honor of Bullet Club day the history of Bullet Club presented to you by Kevin Kelly

Also Pro Wrestling Tee's is doing 25% off Bullet Club Merch including bringing back some former member Tee's. I ordered a Gaiter similar to what AJ Styles wore at Wrestle Kingdom vs Nakamura and a White King Switch shirt already. Might add Hangman in there too. 

A lot of people hated it. I didn't see it and after hearing from people will not be watching it. I'm guessing the people who made it are Hogan fans 
:shrug:  I thought it was pretty good.. last 15 minutes regarding Ms. Elizabeth and Macho's demise was depressing, but still worth the watch. 
I've only watched the Macho man and Steve Austin. Steve Austin one was better, but both were entertaining. 

:shrug:  I thought it was pretty good.. last 15 minutes regarding Ms. Elizabeth and Macho's demise was depressing, but still worth the watch. 
I've only watched the Macho man and Steve Austin. Steve Austin one was better, but both were entertaining. 
Agreed, we watched it last night.  It didn't paint him in any worse light than reality I don't think.  Maybe a little too much suggestion of spouse abuse, but who knows what went on there?  I appreciated Nash and Roberts being honest about what all they were ingesting at the time.  Also funny when they called Savage a cheap skate.

I have seen all three of them and they have all been pretty good. I thought the MM one was really depressing throughout. I think Hogan has a selective memory on a lot of things. I forgot all about Lex Luger and being paralyzed. When he came on the screen, i was like "Whoah!!!" All that from just popping his neck. My teenage daughter does that all the time and it drives my wife crazy. My wife had my daughter come down and had me rewind the Luger portion and make it a "teachable moment."  :lmao:

I have seen all three of them and they have all been pretty good. I thought the MM one was really depressing throughout. I think Hogan has a selective memory on a lot of things. I forgot all about Lex Luger and being paralyzed. When he came on the screen, i was like "Whoah!!!" All that from just popping his neck. My teenage daughter does that all the time and it drives my wife crazy. My wife had my daughter come down and had me rewind the Luger portion and make it a "teachable moment."  :lmao:
Seeing him was jarring.  Is he paralyzed from the neck down?

Pillman Part 1 Dark Side of Ring available on Vice app right now.

Caught part of Austin Bio. Just couldn't really get into it. Will probably eventually watch them all. Gotten spoiled by Dark Side (which I think is some of the best wrestling doc content ever)

Pillman Part 1 Dark Side of Ring available on Vice app right now.

Caught part of Austin Bio. Just couldn't really get into it. Will probably eventually watch them all. Gotten spoiled by Dark Side (which I think is some of the best wrestling doc content ever)
Thanks for the Dark Side note. Pillman was a favorite, so I gotta find this one (it's on YouTube).

Watched the Macho Man bio over lunch today.  Glad they actually mentioned he was from Downers Grove (my hometown) I have seen other things were they start out with him in Florida on the beach.  I went to the same high school (he may have been in school at the same time as some of my cousins), and he was inducted into our sports hall of fame while I was going there (97 or 98ish).   Lenny showed up to accept for him, and his plaque was above my buddies locker.  He was like a .600 career hitter in baseball, drafted by the Cards...   I need to go and re-listen to his "rap" album again, pretty sure I have it downloaded somewhere.

I watched Brian Pillman’s Dark Side of the Ring last night. Who knew he was the Shawn Kemp of wrestling by fathering 5 kids to at least 3 different women. 
It’s obvious his widow has been through hell because she looked rough last night. She’s done a lot of things wrong, and it probably still weighs on her to this day. 

Okada and Yoh have tested positive for Covid with mild Systems. Japanese Governemt is having a small shut down to prevent spread so the Grand Slam event at Tokyo and Yokohama are postponed with Make up dates to be announced  

I watched Brian Pillman’s Dark Side of the Ring last night. Who knew he was the Shawn Kemp of wrestling by fathering 5 kids to at least 3 different women. 
It’s obvious his widow has been through hell because she looked rough last night. She’s done a lot of things wrong, and it probably still weighs on her to this day. 
I've been working so much I'm amazed I event remember when AEW is on and forgot all about this. 

I’ve had about enough of Reginald simping Nia Jax. Apparently Vince thinks it’s “good ####” to have guys attracted to her. Make. It. Stop. 

Tom Servo said:
I’ve had about enough of Reginald simping Nia Jax. Apparently Vince thinks it’s “good ####” to have guys attracted to her. Make. It. Stop. 
BIG GIRLS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!!! 

Listened to Conrad and Bruce talk about Backlash 2006. Was not watching during that time. There was really a match between Shane and Vince McMahon vs Shawn Michaels and "God"? 

I want some of what creative was smoking back then. 

Listened to Conrad and Bruce talk about Backlash 2006. Was not watching during that time. There was really a match between Shane and Vince McMahon vs Shawn Michaels and "God"? 

I want some of what creative was smoking back then. 
Yes, it happened. Vince told God to “get jiggy wit it”. 

Yes, it happened. Vince told God to “get jiggy wit it”. 
I always found that direct post-Austin/Rock period of WWE (like 03-05) really weird as they were finding their identity and direction after those guys left.

Had weird storylines like that. The bigger WCW guys starting to ascend. Weird guys in the company like Mordecai or Heidenreich actually raping Michael Cole. It was all over the place until they strapped the rocket onto Cena.

I always found that direct post-Austin/Rock period of WWE (like 03-05) really weird as they were finding their identity and direction after those guys left.

Had weird storylines like that. The bigger WCW guys starting to ascend. Weird guys in the company like Mordecai or Heidenreich actually raping Michael Cole. It was all over the place until they strapped the rocket onto Cena.
The Rock also went Hollywood then too. Taker was going through his ABA/Big Evil phase till I believe Buried Alive vs Kane is something? Also you got the whole Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge storyline. Initial Brand Separation, Kane being unmasked and the Katie Vick Storyline. It was a weird era but a ton of fun from what I did see of it. I was watching The Invasion storyline before the whole Network thing got ruined by Peacock. 

Muhammad Hassan was the best thing from that period. No heel has generated anywhere close the heat he did since. His run lasted a whole 7 months on main roster (Dec 04-July 05)

He's now a principal.

Muhammad Hassan was the best thing from that period. No heel has generated anywhere close the heat he did since. His run lasted a whole 7 months on main roster (Dec 04-July 05)

He's now a principal.
 His run only ended do to controversy surrounding the London Bombings as his character was a terrorist. A similar character was in TNA for awhile by Shawn Daivari who recently debuted in MLW as a new member of Contra Unit led by Roman Reigns cousin Jacob Fatu

He's now a principal.
We also had the Ring Collapse angle and the Big show vs JBL in a Barbed wire Cage match where JBL I believe went through the ring and came out from under the ring and they declared him winner of the match. JBL also had the Cabinet on Smackdown and became longest reigning Smackdown Champion during this Era. Cena had his thuganomics gimmick (Which many fans still think is the best of his today). We also had Flair vs Taker during this time at Mania. Also Flair was "retired" by HBK at Mania and we had the Hair vs Hair match between Vince and Donald a match between Bobby Lashley and Umaga (Roman's Uncle Eddie and very underrated). This match was around the time I got back into WWE again. One of the first episodes I watched was the Divas match between Candice Michele and Beth Phoenix where Beth jumped on the rope and Candice fell and legit broke her Collar bone. MVP was the big thing going on in Smackdown at the time. 

Goldberg's initial WWE run was around here the era too. Then we won't talk much about because it was embarrassing after the first 2 PPVs Brough back ECW do to the Success of One Night Stand. The 2nd one the WWE title involving RVD Vs Cena is one of my favorite Fan matches other then MITB Punk vs Cena. RVD won his first heavyweight title in his career that night (Never was ECW Champion under Heyman's promotion) and the crowd Brough me back to when my friends dad took us to the 2300 Arena in South Philly for the ECW shows. Lets also not forget GM Eric Bischoff's run and the whole Lita carry Kane's Baby and having a miscarriage because of Gene Snitchy. They settled their differences in a Chain Match on Cyber Tuesday in Puerto Rica when fans "voted" for the match they wanted to see the wrestlers compete in.  

We also had the Ring Collapse angle and the Big show vs JBL in a Barbed wire Cage match where JBL I believe went through the ring and came out from under the ring and they declared him winner of the match. JBL also had the Cabinet on Smackdown and became longest reigning Smackdown Champion during this Era. Cena had his thuganomics gimmick (Which many fans still think is the best of his today). We also had Flair vs Taker during this time at Mania. Also Flair was "retired" by HBK at Mania and we had the Hair vs Hair match between Vince and Donald a match between Bobby Lashley and Umaga (Roman's Uncle Eddie and very underrated). This match was around the time I got back into WWE again. One of the first episodes I watched was the Divas match between Candice Michele and Beth Phoenix where Beth jumped on the rope and Candice fell and legit broke her Collar bone. MVP was the big thing going on in Smackdown at the time. 

Goldberg's initial WWE run was around here the era too. Then we won't talk much about because it was embarrassing after the first 2 PPVs Brough back ECW do to the Success of One Night Stand. The 2nd one the WWE title involving RVD Vs Cena is one of my favorite Fan matches other then MITB Punk vs Cena. RVD won his first heavyweight title in his career that night (Never was ECW Champion under Heyman's promotion) and the crowd Brough me back to when my friends dad took us to the 2300 Arena in South Philly for the ECW shows. Lets also not forget GM Eric Bischoff's run and the whole Lita carry Kane's Baby and having a miscarriage because of Gene Snitchy. They settled their differences in a Chain Match on Cyber Tuesday in Puerto Rica when fans "voted" for the match they wanted to see the wrestlers compete in.  
I mean.....just....ok.

He's now a principal.
Such a shame too. Great look. For as green as he was, dude actually put on some really engaging matches in the ring. Could have had a strong 10 year career at least if he managed to stay around.

The Rock also went Hollywood then too. Taker was going through his ABA/Big Evil phase till I believe Buried Alive vs Kane is something? Also you got the whole Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge storyline. Initial Brand Separation, Kane being unmasked and the Katie Vick Storyline. It was a weird era but a ton of fun from what I did see of it. I was watching The Invasion storyline before the whole Network thing got ruined by Peacock. 
Dude I just remembered too, lol you remember the Billy & Chuck Wedding?

:lmao:  so bad, but so classic. Billy's acting getting nervous at the end is gold.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54888k

Dude I just remembered too, lol you remember the Billy & Chuck Wedding?

:lmao:  so bad, but so classic. Billy's acting getting nervous at the end is gold.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54888k
Not sure what I just watched but the video montage of them stretching like the ambiguously gay duo was hilarious.

Imagine them trying to do the whole Ho Train in today's environment.  Yikes.

RIP New Jack :sadbanana:  

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/05/ecw-original-new-jack-passes-away/

2 topics of last season's Dark Side of Ring have now passed recently (Jack/Animal)
New Jack is surprising. Always on Social media had a few interactions and the dude was awesome. Got to personally DM him on twitter and he shared a few private stories of ECW days. RIP to one of the originals who helped me get through my ear infections at 2AM on the local Public TV here in Philly. I had really bad ones at 4-8yrs old and remember laying my head on a heating pad next to my dad on the coach watching ECW till I fell asleep. 

Users who are viewing this thread