What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

I can't believe how awfully put together most of that Rampage was. TK needs ****ing help or he will drive that promotion into irrelevance.

Besides being molten hot, what exactly does Liv Morgan bring to the women's division? Between the two brands, I can name a dozen wrestlers who should have that belt over her.
She's absolutely terrible (not Aliyah terrible). Someone with as many years in the business as her should be showing some improvement, but she botches two moves a match (at least).

I think you answered in your first four words. I really want her to be good. Beautiful, great look, athletic and you can tell she loves the business. But she’s not good enough to be champ.

She honestly needs a Mandy Rose like trip down to NXT.
I want her to succeed too. I really liked the Riott Squad.
*edit* And your Mandy Rose comment is dead on. Mandy has gotten much better over the last year or so since being sent to NXT.

Besides being molten hot, what exactly does Liv Morgan bring to the women's division? Between the two brands, I can name a dozen wrestlers who should have that belt over her.
She's absolutely terrible (not Aliyah terrible). Someone with as many years in the business as her should be showing some improvement, but she botches two moves a match (at least).
In terms of getting eyeballs, she’s very cute and energetic and seems to really love the business. With the fans being behind her, just my :2cents: but I think this was a bit of fan service.
She’s not going to make anyone forget about Trish. But, I did love to see her drop through the table on Lacy Evans.

I can't believe how awfully put together most of that Rampage was. TK needs ****ing help or he will drive that promotion into irrelevance.
One of these women are going to get killed on TV

Not to mention in that very same match you have 63 year old Sting going off top rope onto table and cracking his skull on another table. Sad to see 63 year old Sting doing the sheet he is for 300k Rampage viewers.

The guys that stand out on AEW (MJF/Starks) would be much better suited for WWE. And no question IMO both will be there soon enough. I saw bits of Smackdown last night and thought the opening segment with Sami Zayn/Bloodline was terrific. Think this will turn him into a Daniel Bryan massively over face when it's over with. And Drew McIntyre needs to turn heel already IMO. He's been stagnant as a face for a long time now.

WWE apparently contacted FTR Swerve Cole and others which prompt THE AEW legal. An AEW original who'd most would be surprised by was also contacted.

Bobby Fish tried to get Oreiley and Cole out of AEW to go back to WWE but both said no. Last time I chatted with Adam I asked him a question like this long before. He basically said he wasn't going anywhere as long as Britt is in AEW. They are a package deal at this point in their careers. Fish then showed up in IMPACT on Thursday.

Higher ups in AEW have said lower to Mid tier talent who want to leave can

Meltzer thinks Buddy Matthews was written off AEW on Rampage. Buddy made a similar speech as Black at a wrestling event last night. No word on Buddy's contract details with AEW though.

WWE apparently contacted FTR Swerve Cole and others which prompt THE AEW legal. An AEW original who'd most would be surprised by was also contacted.

Bobby Fish tried to get Oreiley and Cole out of AEW to go back to WWE but both said no. Last time I chatted with Adam I asked him a question like this long before. He basically said he wasn't going anywhere as long as Britt is in AEW. They are a package deal at this point in their careers. Fish then showed up in IMPACT on Thursday.

Who's the surprising AEW original?? Come on now don't troll us like that!

Who's the surprising AEW original?? Come on now don't troll us like that!

That part was only in a dirt sheet report so I even don't know that. Wild guess it's either Wardlow, Darby, Cassidy. Females maybe Britt, Shida or Cruz

BREAKING: Malakai Black just confirmed on his IG Live that he is staying with AEW.
He says he will be back soon, he's working on himself and he asks everyone not to believe these "Dirt Sheet writers"
He says he's received death threats from fans over the rumors that he would go back to the WWE.

This maybe also why Brody King and Buddy Matthews have sent troll like messages out as well.

All these dirt sheets are getting **** wrong. Buddy in Australia to handle visa work

PWInsider reports Buddy Matthews being absent from AEW is actually due to him having to return to Australia to handle paperwork processing for his work visa so he could continue to work in the United States.

@davemeltzerWON

With all the wrestlers and people in wrestling who live in Florida, best of luck this week. Tony Khan noted that those threatened by hurricane can stay home. WWE said to be concerned regarding Friday with so much talent living in that area.

@davemeltzerWON

With all the wrestlers and people in wrestling who live in Florida, best of luck this week. Tony Khan noted that those threatened by hurricane can stay home. WWE said to be concerned regarding Friday with so much talent living in that area.
Tony's equivalent of RAW being changed by the Blizzard of 2015.

AEW is in Philly tonight so we'll see who makes it. Juice Robinson in a eliminator match for the AEW title vs Mox and Juice's wife Toni is in a AEW Womens title match vs Serena Deeb. Also Claudio is facing Bandido AKA Rush's brother for the ROH Title tonight. Some solid matches tonight.

May or may not be hanging with Adam Cole latter as I know him and I'm friends with some people from the area in his inner circle per say. DJ Hyde of CZW should be there with some other people as well since there is quite a few wrestlers including Chucky T along with Mox and Cole who wrestled up here. Claudio and Bryan Danielson former ROH guys from the Philly Days. Young Bucks and Omega when they started to get big went out to the ROH Dojo 25 mins from me to hang with the trainees years ago when they were in Bullet Club. A lot of alumni from around our wrestling promotions are in AEW so it's always fun when they come by as its a mini reunion for a lot of us to meet up and see people we haven't for yrs. Also to show them how happy with their success we aren. Unfortunately a few of those people who would be proud are no longer with us though.

Overall should be a fun night.

Gedo is in Philly we saw him earlier in the day. I know Meltzer sent out a tweet about this. Gedo being around you know SwitchBlade is not far behind. Gedo probably here discussing plans with AEW and also getting another NJPW show for Philly and NYC at some point

Had a really good time yesterday. A few of us met at the old ECW arena as the Liacoure Center is just 15 or so minutes up the road and we met at Toni & Nicks Steaks the Original Toni Lukes in South Philly. At the arena Adam Cole was there. Apparently TK was inside the arena and we were waiting for a guy who works at the arena to go to lunch. While we waited out comes Gedo-San. Cole introduced us all to him. He's much bigger then what he looks. Really nice guy. Talked to us for a few minutes thanked us for our support and wished Cole good luck and see ya later. DJ Hyde was also there and few local guys as well.

Cole talked a lot about different things from wrestling to video games. On the wrestling front he said he was contacted by Bobby Fish to go back to WWE. He said Fish "apparently" talked to Hunter about getting The Undisputed Era back. Cole still has a few friends in WWE as well. He told Fish he was still under contract unlike him to AEW and he was happy here plus his fiancee Britt Baker is there and it's the first time in their careers they get to work in the same company. He reiterated to what I said here a few days ago if he leaves it's gonna be up to him and Britt no one else. Cole curious though had contacted a few buddies in WWE who said it was Fish who reached out to WWE and sounded really desperate. So it sounds like Bobby fish went into business for himself. Cole said OReily is doing well in rehab and misses having him around.

No one asked about the media scrum at all out but he did give a few details. What is true is Punk called out the EVPs and others. They were upset. EVPs went to discuss the matter with Punk who said anyone has an issue what he said come find him which they did. Punk locked himself in his dressing room "like the ***** he is" according to Cole. He tried hiding behind the fact Buck's wife was in the rook as well. Cole believes she was just there getting some stuff and was there during the media scrum. A few people saw the scrum. punk admitted to throwing the first punch and yes Buck did bite Kenny. Cole said many believe Pat Buck is leaking **** to the dirt sheets but they also believe there's another rat higher up which is how the Makai Black stuff came out. At this point he said he'd be shocked if Punk came back. A lot of the talent don't want him back and think he's big timed a lot of people. Punk wasn't as open about him helping others as he said in the Media Scrum. Also like I said Cole reiterated how a lot of AEW people love Colt Cabana and he's done a lot to help the business. Many appreciate and respect Punk speaking out against WWE for what they had become when Punk was there and many felt the same way as Punk. However since then Punk has done more to hurt the business as well as staying out of the public eye. Many feel Punk took his shots and ran off with his head in the sand. Cole said other then him making disparaging comments about his buddies in The Elite he had no issues with Punk and seemed to get along. He also commended how Adam Page stood up for the locker room with his promo on Punk. He said Punk was a bully since day 1 and basically was becoming what he said he hated in WWE.

We were taken aback how much info Cole was telling us but he said he wanted the truth to get out there. With Punk not around things have been way more calm. He commended Kenny, Mox and Jericho along with Danielson for their locker room leadership even Christian Cage and Sting. He's hoping himself to be back soon from his injuries. He also spoke on the Black situation. Basically said what Malaki was letting them tell people is what he was going to tell us. He said he didn't get details on Black's contract but know it was 5 yrs. He said Black told him he had some personal stuff to deal with and had told him a few of those issues as he was asking for advice, however out of respect wouldn't divulge into those details. From his understanding Black is still with AEW. There was no conditional release. TK and management have been really helpful with Black since he first went to them. TK asked if he could at least finish up the storyline with Miro and Darby/Sting which Black apparently told TK he wouldn't leave him hanging and was going to tell TK he'd hang on to finish the storyline in a sense. Many AEW people expect Black back at some point.

The show overall was amazing. During Rampage which I hope they don't edit out this time another "**** Ben Simmons chant" started out of nowhere. Ramapage was even better then Dynamite. Bandido vs Jericho was amazing and the heat Jericho put on himself was insane. Loudest I've heard that arena in years. Garcie with Danielson finally got a huge pop. Danielson Match was really good. I almost forgot just how good it is to watch him live. Everyone popped for Claudio who both he and Danielson are original ROH stars. Claudio is a lot bigger then TV suggests which is why I'm so impressed with how he moves. Huge pop for Yuta the hometown boy. Anytime he's been home doing an event he always gets a really nice welcome. His wrestling tights were a tribute to the Eagles. MJF really know how to get heat. The "Ill leave you in a pool of blood on Broad Street Max" was great by Yuta and I saw Bully Ray even appreciated the ECW type throwback comment. Mox vs Juice was great. I've seen Juice compete live just as much as I've seen Mox in the last few yrs thanks to the nJPW shows. Mox came out around my section which was great. The people he stood near in the seating were a lot of former CZW and Dragon Gate crowd who came and saw him when he was here. After the Match with Page Coming out big pop. MJF still getting major heat the roar of the crowd for Yuta in the box was just insane.

Saraya got a huge pop along with the Face girls especially Toni. Oh yeah Sky Blue looks even better in person. I haven't seen Saraya live for yrs and it was weird but emotional seeing her. Based on people I talked with last night she signed a decently long contract 3 or 4 yrs is speculated and with $$$ being thrown around #s wise it sounds like she will wrestle. The place went bonkers after Britt and Heels came out and Saraya threw the shot at WWE at old bosses not listening to her ideas. Trust me we got a lot of WWE fans in this area but we're a wrestling town overall and we support independent wrestling. Lumberjack match was good. Deeb is so underrated as a wrestler though and Toni Storm is really good in her own right. The Acclaimed got a huge pop and after the segment a huge Scissor Me Daddy chant start with everyone "scissoring" one another hand gesture. It was a cool moment for the crowd.

I was disappointed in the squash match for Ricky Starks who I got to meet after the show when he came out of the arena. I've become a big Ricky Starks fan and was hoping to see a longer match. I got a chance to thank Ricky for his efforts in helping disabled fans especially children and told him about my Autism and all. He was really cool with everything and my buddy got a pic of us together. Matt Hard with PP was pretty good and Matt got a really nice pop and Hardy Chant. Matt spent some time during his um "vacation" from WWE during the whole Edge/Lita thing here in Philly in ROH. Hardy Boyz are a huge hit in Philly over the years. Bandido vs Jericho was great. Crowd clearly behind Bandido who is really underrated. Jericho got so much heat after the match and given how ROH was our child here for yrs I thought we'd have a Hogan turning to join the NWO moment there. Such great heat. TK came out and raised Bandido's hand. TK said something brief in the Mic but it got muffled by Bandido hugging him. Hope thats sign TK has him signed.

Non Spoiler rampage The triple threat tag match was great. Butcher/Blade vs Acclaimed and PP was great. The Acclaimed had the crowd Scissor Me Daddy might have been louder then the We Want Pizza chant

Silver vs RUSH was a very underrated match. Great overall match and Johnny Hundy is so underrated

Willow and Jamie Hayter was really good. Hayter another one TV doesn't do justice too.

Lee vs Fuego we're not even sure why we had this match

FTW Champion Hook was there. ECW chants came out as well.

After the whole show Tony S came out after Dynamite and said Philly deserved better then Jericho as Champ and thanked the fans. TK came out and thanked the crowd and went on his little history of wrestling gimmick he does for certain cities talking about all the great promotions, how some of those people are here tonight working in AEW and attending the show tonight. He thanked the fans and said Philly is on the top of Mt Rushmore of wrestling Cities in Wrestling History.

Really fun show to attend again. We got to meet a few undercards and found Moxley after the show talking to DJ Hyde. We got to talk to Mox for a bit. I told him how he got me into the Athletic Non Alcoholic brews and we had them at my work. Told him if he needs something last minute I'll hook him up at work if I can. Really great guy. Juice was outside Too Sweeting people as he left with Toni. They seem like a really cool couple together. Saraya came out and got a huge reaction. I got an autograph from her. We ended up staying a little longer then most and Colt Cabana came out. A few people started a **** Cm Punk chant which was kind of funny.

We left and went home our separate ways. Really fun show like I said. Anyone who hasn't been to an AEW show I strongly suggest going to one. It has an Indy feel in terms of how involved fans are but comes us as a bigger product show. You can tell AEW cares about the fans. I wish AEW would do more of the NJPW stuff where the winner of the last match even just dynamite does a promo in the arena for the fans etc.

Mia Yim will not be re-signing with Impact! Wrestling when her contract comes to an end on October 9th. She will become a free agent immediately after.

History of the Ring of Honor Pure Championship.
1. AJ Styles: February 14, 2004
(The title was vacated by Styles on April 24, 2004. TNA pulled AJ from all Ring of Honor events, due to ROH owner Rob Feinstein’s controversy, where he was caught on the TV show “To Catch A Predator” trying to solicit sex from an underage boy. The reign was not recognized by the company’s on its website until the belt was brought back in later half of 2020)
2. Doug Williams: July 17, 2004
(Williams went on to win a tournament for the vacant title, defeating Chris Sabin in the final round match)
3. John Walters: August 28, 2004
4. Jay Lethal: March 5, 2005
5. Samoa Joe: May 7, 2005
6. Nigel McGuinness: August 27, 2005
7. Bryan Danielson: August 12, 2006
(Bryan, who was ROH World Champion, unified the belts and the Pure title was officially deactivated)
8. Jonathan Gresham: October 20, 2020
(Title was re-activated by Ring of Honor and awarded to the winner of a tournament, and won by Gresham)
9. Josh Woods: September 12, 2021
10: Wheeler Yuta: April 1, 2022
11. Daniel Garcia: September 7, 2022

There is massive interest from AEW in bringing in Juice Robinson as often as possible and making him a regular for the company.
- PWInsider

Gabe Sapolsky role in WWE is said to be a creative consultant to the main roster.

WO: There's major concern about Orton's back injury and how severe it is

Young Bucks and Kenny Omega hadn’t heard anything from AEW at least as of a few days ago.
The belief is that their situation is on hold pending potential legal action, which unless cleared up, could delay things
There is also a second hold up that hasn’t been made clear.
- WON

While we don’t have confirmation that Bandido has signed with AEW, we do have confirmation that he was offered a full-time contract immediately after his performance in the loss to Chris Jericho on 9/28 in Philadelphia
-WON

I've heard from a ton of people over the years this guy was an ******* and had zero care about the well being the stars. Basically was Vince's lucky. Hunter didn't care much for him either so it's no surprise he's leaving

Dr. Chris Amann, WWE's Senior Ringside Physician for almost 15 years, has reportedly departed WWE.
Contrary to early reports, Amann was not fired.
PWInsider is reporting Amann gave his notice to the company a little while ago and departed this month, after being with the company since May of 2008.
Amann was a member of the team who implemented WWE's Wellness Policy back in the late 2000s.
He's is also infamously connected to the lawsuit involving CM Punk and Colt Cabana. Following CM Punk's sudden departure from WWE in early 2014, he went on Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast months later and explained his departure was due to WWE's medical team ignoring his multiple medical issues.
Amann, with WWE's support, filed a defamation lawsuit against both Punk and Cabana in February 2015. aAjury ruled in favor of the defendants in 2018. However, disagreements between Punk and Cabana over who would cover the costs of the lawsuit, led to their own lawsuit, which was eventually settled.

It was that fractured relationship that led to Punk going on a scathing profanity laced rant during a media scrum after the AEW’s “All Out” PPV, calling out people within the company whom he believed were spreading lies that Punk tried to force Cabana out of AEW once he joined them in August 2021.

RIP Inoki-San Said day in wrestling Turned 79 in Feb

Antonio Inoki has sadly passed away.
Rest in Peace to the legendary founder of New Japan Pro Wrestling, student of Rikidozan, rival to Giant Baba and the all around Godfather of Japanese Professional Wrestling.

Today was also 60 years since his debut.

Shoutout to HHH last night Cole announced Inoki's death as breaking news Graves acknowledged Inoki winning WWE title but never officially recognized at champ. Vince would've never allowed that. This is why people have hope with Hunter in charge. He respects the history.

Shoutout to HHH last night Cole announced Inoki's death as breaking news Graves acknowledged Inoki winning WWE title but never officially recognized at champ. Vince would've never allowed that. This is why people have hope with Hunter in charge. He respects the history.
It’s because it would’ve ruined the length of Backlund’s title reign. In the days before the inner tubes, nobody in North America knew about it until they read it in an Apter magazine months later.

[BREAKING NEWS] Former UFC Champion Daniel Cormier will serve as a special guest referee for Matt Riddle vs Seth Rollins in the Fight Pit Match at Extreme Rules. (via Ariel Helwani of BT Sport)

My girl and real life angel and certified baddie Giulia won the 2022 Women of STARDOM 5STAR Grand Prix tournament last night.
Following her big win, she’s challenged former tag partner Syuri to a World of Stardom Championship match on December 29 at Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

According to Wrestling Observer Live, NXT will be debuting a brand new look and set later on tonight.

WWE hires former Marvel writer as Director of Longterm Creative
Horror writer Rob Fee was chosen for the position and started with the company last month.
Fee's Linkedin profile reads, "a horror writer for Marvel - penning comics for Spider-Man, Daredevil, and The Avengers. He was head writer on multiple Disney shows, including 100 episodes of Disney XD's top-rated series PLAYER SELECT."
According to a report from Fightful Select, Fee once pitched "a Fiend-related movie" to WWE. Bray Wyatt was released shortly after he did so, however, so nothing more came of the idea. Fee has reportedly been working on the production of the White Rabbit QR code messages in recent weeks as well. He is said to be a longtime follower of wrestling.

Fee also produced multiple series for Will Smith including The Fresh Prince Reunion. He also worked as a producer on The Ellen Show, MTV's Ridiculousness, and has served as a creative consultant for Netflix.

Andrade and Sammy got into a fight late this afternoon per TMZ. Andrade was sent home.
I guess this has gone beyond workity work shooty mcwork shoot brother much love HH.

Andrade and Sammy got into a fight late this afternoon per TMZ. Andrade was sent home.
I guess this has gone beyond workity work shooty mcwork shoot brother much love HH.

funny just saw Sammy on TV they said both were sent home. Sammy is getting **** on TV too. At this rate TK just needs to suspend Sammy tell him to grow the f up or he's gone. Without Tay he really isn't much of anything.

"My relationship with MJF is very professional. He's been part of AEW from day one, and he's one of the most important stars on both of our television shows.
Whether you love MJF or love to hate MJF, I think he's one of the wrestlers who's connected with the audience in recent years and made himself a star.
He's also has the company behind him to help build him and support him. I think that he is the total package of everything it takes to be a successful pro wrestler. He can talk, he can wrestle, he has it all.
He's a really important part of AEW."

- Tony Khan (via Variety)

Just announced 2 hours ago. AEW and Jon Moxley sign a new 5 year extension. It also gives him new roles in a mentor role as well as a coach backstage to talent. Mox is being billed as one of the key pillars for AEW for the long haul and viewed as one of the veteran locker room leaders.

Users who are viewing this thread