What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (4 Viewers)

I think Joe's time has long passed. Was pretty solid in the mid/late 2000s but I don't think the 42 year old unstoppable ### kicker gimmick is gonna get over anywhere. He's not bad as a commentary type but he's not memorable either. Sounds like WWE has all but replaced Joe with Pat McAfee. Pat's awesome.......unfortunately WWE isn't.
Joe has been fighting to get cleared by WWE to wrestle again. WWE wasn't gonna clear him as they were afraid he'd get too over (Remember Vince hates people getting over that weren't originally his with very few exceptions) on guys they wanted over. I heard  from a few buddies Joe was gonna threaten legal action soon so WWE just released him 

I can understand most of the releases,  but the Iconics one is a head scratcher. They were passable in the ring, had decent mic skills and were the tag Champs just last year. Plus Peyton Royce is hot as hell. Figured Vince would keep her around at least.
Billie Kay could’ve been the next Santino Morella IMO. She has comic timing and her antics made me chuckle instead of rolling my eyes. 

WWE has fired Mark Carrano who is in charge of informing talents they've been let go. No word if he's the one who sent the trash bag or not. heard from others Carrano had been quietly demoted recently. Rumors are he was "fired" but really it was a demotion and he was scapegoated for the Mickie fiasco 

There's also some reports that Referee John Cone gone. 

Other reports are that John Laurinitis is now in charge of everything talent relations wise. 

WWE has fired Mark Carrano who is in charge of informing talents they've been let go. No word if he's the one who sent the trash bag or not. heard from others Carrano had been quietly demoted recently. Rumors are he was "fired" but really it was a demotion and he was scapegoated for the Mickie fiasco 

There's also some reports that Referee John Cone gone. 

Other reports are that John Laurinitis is now in charge of everything talent relations wise. 
Going back to this Gail Kim Maria Kanellis and Jillian Hall have accused WWE of this practice and saying Mark was a scapegoat. A fewer happy Carrano left as he was not a good human being. Former Darren Young said after he was let go Carrano would harass him about it. A few said this was well deserved karma. Others have said Mark was just a scape goat and this is a culture problem in WWE. 

Watching Stone Cold A&E doc for second time. No regrets. Looking forward to Piper in a bit.
Wife, son, and I watched last week.  My wife HATES wrestling, but she loved it.  She loves the real people, and seeing a guy make his dream come true.  And to see my son see what the best era was really like....man it just doesn't get better.  Wish we could relive that.

Clean finishes, unscripted promos, week-to-week continuity, banger matches, storylines that make the characters involved engaging

What more could you ask for in a two-hour wrestling show?

Spot of the night: Orange Cassidy counters Penta's armbreaker...

by putting his hand in his pocket :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean finishes, unscripted promos, week-to-week continuity, banger matches, storylines that make the characters involved engaging

And Mox and Kingston raising hell 

Plus Taz and Calis on Commentary

Tom Servo said:
At this point, forcing someone to watch RAW is probably against the Geneva Convention. 
For a long tme I was DVRing and ffwd thru probably 70% of it. I don't even bother anymore and it's such a relief 😂

Meh. I mean I'm still giving them a chance, but outside of Kingston, Jericho and MJW no ones giving good unscripted promos. There's still a whole lot of cringy #### going on, and a lot of the match booking is really bad. 

And it's still far better than RAW!!

Meh. I mean I'm still giving them a chance, but outside of Kingston, Jericho and MJW no ones giving good unscripted promos. There's still a whole lot of cringy #### going on, and a lot of the match booking is really bad. 

That last sentence is the money quote here. I’m wondering when it gets to the point that AEW on Wednesday outdraws RAW on Monday. I will howl 🤣🤣 if that happens. 

:yes:  don't get me wrong I'll watch AEW over WWE any day of the week, but nothing in the wrestling world is very impressive these days.

I was just thinking about the Stone Cold Biography, and the generational divide/contrast really struck me.

There's that one part where he's just started wrestling and he's on the road, low pay, driving all these miles, and he's eating the famous Young Steve Austin tuna and potatoes 3x a day. He says at one point, he ran out of tuna, just munching potatoes, and then eventually he had to call up his Mom to send him $40 so he could buy something to eat. He's like "it was the only time I've ever asked my parents for money in my life."

Then you turn on AEW, and a guy like Trent is having his mom drive him around each week in a minivan, making a whole storyline out of it.

Was just a big  :rolleyes: moment for me

You know, I was more than a bit drunk when I posted about the promos, and I'll admit there are a few more that are putting in good work in that regard - Mox, Starks, Taz, Christian, Callis.

:yes:  don't get me wrong I'll watch AEW over WWE any day of the week, but nothing in the wrestling world is very impressive these days.

I was just thinking about the Stone Cold Biography, and the generational divide/contrast really struck me.

There's that one part where he's just started wrestling and he's on the road, low pay, driving all these miles, and he's eating the famous Young Steve Austin tuna and potatoes 3x a day. He says at one point, he ran out of tuna, just munching potatoes, and then eventually he had to call up his Mom to send him $40 so he could buy something to eat. He's like "it was the only time I've ever asked my parents for money in my life."

Then you turn on AEW, and a guy like Trent is having his mom drive him around each week in a minivan, making a whole storyline out of it.

Was just a big  :rolleyes: moment for me
The Trent's mom thing I believe is a joke 

Tom Servo said:
Today is also the 18th anniversary of the passing of Miss Elizabeth. 😢
Today would've been my former coworker (She just retired) oldest son birthday would've been 36. He died in the summer of 2017 or so. Her other son who I knew use to be an Eagles assistant coach now with the Texans.  

So as a Savage/Miss Elizzabeth fan and that rough day for me 

Today would've been my former coworker (She just retired) oldest son birthday would've been 36. He died in the summer of 2017 or so. Her other son who I knew use to be an Eagles assistant coach now with the Texans.  

So as a Savage/Miss Elizzabeth fan and that rough day for me 
It gets rougher.

Users who are viewing this thread