What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Balor vs Styles this should be a banger match of the night here. Bullet Club vs Bullet Club.

HOLY **** Micheal Cole just mentioned Bullet Club!!!!!!!

Survivor Series War Games wasn't that great in the end. Women's War Games match first match of the night was probably the best then Balor/AJ and then Mens War games. US Title win for Theory ok match. Shotzi vs Rhonda was a snooze fest piss break with a ton of botches. With the RAW Women and Mens belts in WAR GAMES and Roman having the Smackdown belt options for title matches weren't there. Could've put Imperium in there for IC belt and The USO have Unified Tag Belts. One traditional survivor series match would've been nice too.

Tonight didn't live up to the hype. The cool thing is I don't have to watch the weekly shows to understand most of it constantly. every week like I use too

Sasha Banks was Talking to WWE but those talks have stalled over money. WWE is NOWHERE IN THE BALLPARK OF WHAT SHE IS ASKING FOR

WWE will be holding an event "on a grand scale" in Hyderabad, India on January 18th. The event would consist of a mix of superstars, both Indian and other international stars, as well as regular WWE superstars, one of whom, Drew McIntyre, is considered a lock.

PWInsider reports that Kevin Owens will take on Roman Reigns for the Undisputed Universal Championship at the “Royal Rumble” on 1/28/23 in San Antonio, Texas.

Brian Kendrick is back with WWE in a backstage role, and even produced the Ronda Rousey and Shotzi SmackDown Women’s title match at Survivor Series in Boston, MA. last night. Within hours of Brian Kendrick’s WWE release being granted ten months ago, it was advertised by AEW that they’d booked him to wrestle Jon Moxley on Dynamite. However, that appearance was canceled by Tony Khan at the last minute after Twitter users shared conspiracy theory videos from 2011 featuring Kendrick. In the clips, Kendrick would discuss bizarre, outlandish and extremely upsetting opinions, claiming reptilians were responsible for the earthquake in Haiti and claimed the Holocaust numbers were most likely inflated and even claimed it might not have happened. This is Kendrick’s fourth spell with WWE, having worked on and off for the company over the past twenty years. And while it’s believed Kendrick wanted out of WWE last year so he could resume being a regular wrestler, it has yet to be determined whether he will be used in that capacity now he is back with WWE. However, his appearance in front of the camera would likely result in fan backlash, it doesn’t seem very likely. Plus, it should be noted that while away from WWE, he did appear to struggle to get bookings, with online pro wrestling databases Cagematch showing him as only wrestling eight times in 10 months.

Tommy Dreamer Social media tonight

The Tommy Dreamer

Tonight I got to see Ricky Steamboat wrestle again live
I wish he didnt retire because he can still GO
I wish this match was for WWE or AEW because it was great
Ricky tagged w/FTR vs Jay Lethal, Nick Aldis Brock Anderson w/Arn Anderson
It was PERFECT
I saw Rick Steamboat vs Ric Flair at the Meadowlands w/my dad
I was 13
My dad wasnt a wrestling fan, but he knew I was.
I had to be at the 1st time the NWA came to the North East I saw Dusty, Road Warriors
It was Night of Champions & one of the greatest times I ever had with my dad
He didnt believe in wresting after their match ended he turned to me & said I dont know about those other matches but what those 2 guys did was real.
Ricky made my dad believe.
Tonight Ricky made me feel like that kid w/his dad
Thank you Ricky Steamboat for making me
A believer
A Dreamer

Proving moments are still real

Ricochet beats Braun Strowman. He will face Santos Escobar in the Finals of the SmackDown World Cup. From what I've heard this is punishment to Braun with the heat he got from his tweet about wrestling like the two in the finals. Many wrestlers felt Braun was disrespectful to many wrestlers including the most successful WWE high flyer in Rey Mystero. Many in WWE believe Braun is there simple for a paycheck and shows up late and leaves early. Never stays till end of show like many others do. Most believe because Control Your Narrative never got off the ground and Braun couldn't get booked anywhere in the Indies so he was desperate and signed with WWE right away.

Talked to a few bookers awhile ago at the last NJPW Show here in Philly. Consensus wasn't just that Braun was asking for nearly 5-6 figures to wrestle but many bookers didn't feel it was appropriate to book some who was in WWE and made fun of Indy wrestlers should get real jobs since they couldn't work during the pandemic. A lot of bookers decided to stand up for Indy wrestlers and Indy Wrestling in General and simple black balled him. Braun made it that much easier to do with his ridiculous asking price for booking him on their shows too.

In other words Braun has been writing a lot of checks his *** can't cash. Braun simple just needs to shut up put his head down and work at this point. Hunter isn't going to be as easy on Braun as Vince who gets ROCK HARD for the big sweaty giants. Hunter knows you need a few monsters but Braun isn't selling enough where WWE needs him. Braun needs WWE more then WWE needs him at this point. We'll see what happens now with Braun on TV after Friday's match though. It's funny and wasn't shocking Ricochet mentioned Brauns tweets either. WWE is sending a clear message to Braun at this point on live TV. Hunter has zero issue publicly humiliating someone for not respecting their peers live on TV either if the punishment is fitting. It also sends a clear message to the locker room.

Hunter was one of the people including Taker, HBK and some other vets who pulled Seth Rollins aside a few yrs ago when he made the tweets to Osprey about back accounts and all. A lot of wrestlers thought Seth was disrespectful. A source of mine who grew up with Seth and several others said they weren't surprised by Seth. After he made it big in WWE he forgot where he came from and became a Company Kiss *** for Vince. Seth is incredible talented but he's similar to CM Punk in that he thinks his **** don't stick and he's better then everyone. He looks down on a lot of people not in WWE as well. Either way Hunter talked to Seth about respecting the business with HBK. He was brought down to Orlando and Taker was privately flown in to have a personal chat with him about hey defend the company but there's more respectful ways without insulting and disrespecting your peers overall in the business.

Hunter I'll say Seth was lucky he wasn't in charge when this incident happened. Hunter is going to be fair and open but if he feels you are being disrespectful he's going to come down hard and not mess around here. Lio Rush is another example on what to look for in terms of how he'll handle discipline as well with the whole NXT thing.

Well, Survivor Series was pretty f'n good.

Balor/Styles rocked it.

Sami Zayn is now a true Uce.

Alexa Bliss' rear end.

MAH GAWD.

Agree with all of this. Really impressed with the story that Balor/Styles told and a clean finish. OC vs. Judgement Day could main event the next Roman-less PLE and you could probably do Balor/AJ again at WM.

Alexa has moved past Stacy Keibler, Lita, Miss Elizabeth and Trish Stratus for my favorite WWE female superstar of all time I think. And to be honest, complete opposite, but Rhea Ripley is rocketing up the charts.

The story that the Men's WarGames match told was perfection. They had everyone expecting a turn by Sami, or at best continued uneasy in the group, instead going with full galvanization of the group. Perfect storytelling, and sets up 2023 to be great for all guys in the Bloodline.

My favorite part of the whole night, and it was such a simple thing: Roman having a chair in the cage. It just was an amazing look. Everyone else looks like caged animals ready to get out, and meanwhile Roman looks like a mafia boss still calling shots even from behind bars.

Was that the first time they did Survivor Series War Games style?

I guess The Bloodline doesn't have to get any more Over.....but I was expecting them to just blow Sami Zayn out of the water after that match ala..... Dusty coming to the aid of Flair against the Russians back in the mid 80s.

I guess The Bloodline doesn't have to get any more Over.....but I was expecting them to just blow Sami Zayn out of the water after that match ala..... Dusty coming to the aid of Flair against the Russians back in the mid 80s.

First time for WWE to use the War Games format. NXT has done it 8 times from 2017-2021.

Was shocked to see how many times the NWA/WCW used the format. You always remember the "big" ones, but they were rolling out the double ring more often than you would think. 11 times in 1988 alone. Scratch that. Didn't realize a ton of those were house shows.

Last edited:
My deep states sources have told me that the first hour of RAW tonight is going to be commercial free. (Guess that makes the third hour RAW free. - from the internet)

Those same sources have also said that Roman Reigns was unhappy with an unplanned spot with KO during the match, but I'm guessing two top guys can work that situation out.

First time for WWE to use the War Games format. NXT has done it 8 times from 2017-2021.

Was shocked to see how many times the NWA/WCW used the format. You always remember the "big" ones, but they were rolling out the double ring more often than you would think. 11 times in 1988 alone. Scratch that. Didn't realize a ton of those were house shows.
IIRC, most of those were house shows, but on the Great American Bash tour.

Alexa has moved past Stacy Keibler, Lita, Miss Elizabeth and Trish Stratus for my favorite WWE female superstar of all time I think. And to be honest, complete opposite, but Rhea Ripley is rocketing up the charts.
:x As I may have stated before, she looks like the child the Joker and Harley Quinn would have.

My deep states sources have told me that the first hour of RAW tonight is going to be commercial free. (Guess that makes the third hour RAW free. - from the internet)

Those same sources have also said that Roman Reigns was unhappy with an unplanned spot with KO during the match, but I'm guessing two top guys can work that situation out.

Its from SRS who's been wrong a lot lately. His biggest mess up is the unconditional release AEW gave black which obviously didn't happen

Interesting stuff going on between Fightful and other dirt sheets. One of the Dirt Sheets on their Facebook Page Dirt Sheet Radio posted an apology about a report on Sasha contract talks was at a standstill. SRS in an unprofessional manner called them out but not others. DSR apologized and said one of their admins made a mistake however other First sheet outlets were reporting this crediting FIGHTFUL. It's not uncommon that SRS reported something then deleted it later when called out on it wrong or just not reporting it and then denying they every did post it either.

Either way SRS is now under his suede Facebook account Naes Ssor Ppas trolling the page and going after fans of the page like a littler child throwing a temper tantrum. It's pretty sad

Last edited:
So it sounds like the All Out stuff changed plans for The Firm. Stokley admitted they were originally suppose to feud with CM Puke who asked to work with them

Its from SRS who's been wrong a lot lately. His biggest mess up is the unconditional release AEW gave black which obviously didn't happen
So how mad are you that SRS was right about this?

So how mad are you that SRS was right about this?

He wasn't he made it sound like they were still beefing. Meltzer said it was a ten minute issue and resolved. SRS acted like it was unsolved at initial report

PWinsider says that there's talk backstage that William Regal is on his way back to WWE in a backstage role after the events at Dynamite.

PWinsider says that there's talk backstage that William Regal is on his way back to WWE in a backstage role after the events at Dynamite.
Last night's ratings were... not good.

I'd say Regal leaving would be a huge loss to the company, and it should be, but since the Elite were clear they don't need advice from the old timers... :shrug:

Just for the hell of it, quick question for y'all...

A. Are you a fan of the Young Bucks, and B. What do you think of them using Carry on as their entrance music?

I'm not much of a fan, and it feels really dated. I'm in my late 40s and this song was already on classic radio when I was growing up lol.

Don't get me wrong, great song, but it ain't hitting for me as a hype song. And I get that this was a song they used way back when, but this ain't the backyard anymore.

Just curious if I'm in the minority on this one

Just for the hell of it, quick question for y'all...

A. Are you a fan of the Young Bucks, and B. What do you think of them using Carry on as their entrance music?

I'm not much of a fan, and it feels really dated. I'm in my late 40s and this song was already on classic radio when I was growing up lol.

Don't get me wrong, great song, but it ain't hitting for me as a hype song. And I get that this was a song they used way back when, but this ain't the backyard anymore.

Just curious if I'm in the minority on this one
I’m ambivalent about them. I have neither heat nor love for them. As for the song, it’s an odd choice. The song doesn’t start as a jamming song meant to fire you up.

Last night's ratings were... not good.

I'd say Regal leaving would be a huge loss to the company, and it should be, but since the Elite were clear they don't need advice from the old timers... :shrug:
And I saw a direct quote from one of the AEW guys who talked about CM Punk in a positive way, but we are supposed to believe that everyone there hated him because of dirt sheets and anonymous sources. Yeah, sure, okay. The fact that idiots like the Bucks are still in a position of power tells me that AEW is run very poorly, and if we can be honest, the only reason they have done well is because wrestling fans were looking for any alternative because of how awful WWE has been in the last half decade plus. It's only a matter of time before the knuckleheads who run AEW destroy it from the inside.

A. I've loved the young bucks for yrs. Really got into them starting with Generation Me when they were in IMPACT and followed them back to ROH when ROH still gave a dam about Philly NY and the Tri-state area. Really loved them teaming up with Devitt in Bullet Club. Got a bit tired of them in BC with Kenny and Cody as they were turning it into NWO 2.O advertising wise and not enough was made on the wrestling side in terms of interest. I don't mind them however. They can be annoying and I always have said they are this Generations version of the Hardy's. I can see why the older crowd doesn't like them but at the same time I didn't really like a lot of the stuff the older crowd did. I can appreciate it and give it credit. I probably wouldn't have been as big of a wrestling fan without the cruiserweight division and ECW/WCW showing lucha wrestling type matches as I am now.

As for the Kansas song I liked it as a comeback song I just don't like it being used constantly. It also looks like Omega is going back to The Cleaner character which I've always loved.

I think fans are taking this the wrong way. It wasn't wrestlers didn't need Punk's advice it was how he went about it. He went about it like I'm better then you and looked down on people where as Mox, Danielson, Regal and Claudio are respectful about it and talents are going to those guys and Arn and Jake because they treat them like another guy on the roster. AEW people don't want him and it seems there is a lot in WWE who don't care for him back either with a few threatening to leave if he was resigned.

Punk does a lot of stuff old school, politicking which is ironic since he hated Hunter, Cena and others doing this, calling wrestlers and others out publicly etc. Cody and everyone in the beginning said AEW would be different then those and for the most part it is.

Punk reminds me of former Eagles LB and post game analysis Seth Joyner. I loved Seth back in the day but he's become a grouchy old timer. Even when they win "they didn't blitz enough" "they were lucky because of Gannon's placalling" if I was coach this guy be benched etc etc. The game has passed him by. I've met a few athletes like Seth. These guys or gals are the typical "I played so my opinion matters over yours and just flat out disrespectful to people. Thats what Punk is to a lot of wrestlers and backstage people. There's quite a few in AEW who were in WWE when Punk left and who said they thought he changed only to realize he's the same and even worse now.

He's become what he hated most in the business. A wrestler just there for a paycheck, lazy, botching moves, wasn't in great ring shaped etc. It's sad because I was a huge Punk fan from his first days in ROH and his whole time in WWE. I thought it was great Vince hated Punk so much and how he proved the egos of Hunter and HBK wrong because Heyman stood up for him. Punk bucked the trend and was like a rebel there. There were people when he was first there he'd show up for work and just piss people off just because he walked in the door proving them wrong. Only reason I haven't quite my job and one other coworker don't is the same way. We know everyday we walk in they are just pissed at our presents there.

Eric Young is returning to WWE. -via PWInsider Eric Young was literally stabbed to death by Deaner in his final angle on IMPACT

I got to watch IMPACT on my TV as we had some issues with a TV and cable box with our FIOS. Dad called turns out they've had about 13 upgrades since we last got our boxes and router which was about 14 yrs ago. Either way AXs.TV was only an HD channel so I didn't get it till about last week when we upgraded it. IMPACT with Turkey Day showed an Impact 6O instead reviewing hard to kill. Other then the Bully Ray segment where he fought Rich Swann and cut a promo why he attacked Josh Alexander's wife it's was kind of boring. No NJPW talent on and I think every match ended in DQ or some type of cheating including Mickie in a Last Rodeo match pulling Deonna tights. Mickie's last rodeo was she'd retire if she lost the IMACT Women's title and then lost a match again so she already lost the Title.

The Bully Ray angle was cool as Tommy Dreamer who looks like he needs to lay off the Twinkies for awhile and Scott D'Amore came out to help Rich Swann from bully ray chair shots as he was tied to the ropes.

Either way they did a video angle with EY and Deaner with EY interrogating Deaner in some type of cell. It was a pretty good angle and not sure why EY isn't resigning as I thought Violent By Design was a pretty good faction. Deaner is now the new leader with Konnor AKA From The Ascension and Alan Angels now part of the group with Joe Doering,

Shane Taylor Keith Lee's old Tag Partner in ROH Pretty Boy Killers met up with Lee on Rampage. CHallenged him and a partner to a match vs him and JD Griffey. Shane said to Lee during an interview it's funny how he always leaves his friends behind. Lee left Taylor 6 yrs ago when he joined NXT. PBK had some great tag matches vs War Machine in ROH Now known as The Viking Raiders. A few of these were the final matches of Lee's ROH career on Youtube. Not sure the history of Lee and the other guy. Told Lee to find himself a partner and Swerve shows up. Lee begrudging asks him if he can trust him? This might be the final match for Swerve in their Glory and it's at ROH Final Battle.

Bullet Club's Juice Robinson is challenging Samoa Joe for the ROH TV Title at Final Battle.

House of Black shows up after the main event to decimate everyone in their vicinity... except for one man.
Malakai Black instructs the House to leave Ortiz alone... What does HoB want with Ortiz?

Thought to Impact Wrestling’s Mickie James, after her older brother died in a car crash over the weekend.
47-year-old Wayne Allen Knuckles Jr., his 15-year-old daughter, and her 16-year-old friend were all killed when a car struck the Toyota they were driving in.

James revealed that his wife Christina, who was also in the car, was hurt, but will survive. The couples other 3 daughters were not in the car at the time of the crash.

Tegan Nox returned on SDL tonight to help Liv Morgan. After Nox was released by WWE her Visa expired work wise and she couldn't go anywhere. She ended up returning home to the UK to possible find work wrestling until she could move back to the states. She wasn't going to go through the trouble getting back to the US for a maybe tryout or match and told a company wasn't going to resign her.

Users who are viewing this thread