What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I can't find the post in all the DJax spam of this effing thread, but whoever said Owens/Sami seem WAY more awkward carrying two belts each is awkward is correct. Roman made it cool. Usos kept it cool. Canadian Honkeys making Two Belts Each super uncool.
The term you’re looking for is “hippling”.

Happy Anniversary to the most dominate stable in the last 2 decades BUllet Club was former this day in 2O13 when Prince Devitt AKA Finn Balor sided with Bad Luck Fale Karl Anderson and Tama Tonga. Balor turned on Apollo 55 tag mate Taguchi.

BC have been super influencential in modern Wrestling. Some would argue NWO was better however BC has sold numerious merch over the yrs. So much so their march started appearing on fans in the US making them the first Japanese Stable to have major success marketing wise in America. They helped draw interest to NJPW, fans in WWE crowds were wearing the shirts etc. If it wasn't for Bullet Club we also wouldn't have All Elite Wrestling. The ironic thing in all of this the original NWO was a concept in NJPW brought over after an invasion Angle Bischoff saw in UWF and NJPW at the Tokyo Dome

Talent wise they've had some of the best in ring wrestlers and tag teams in the world. They've also been of some of Japan's best matches and storylines over the years

AEW Dark and Dark Elevation have ended for now as AEW has signed a new deal with Warner to make all AEW content Warner exclusive.
This means no more youtube exclusive AEW content.. This deal does not include ROH as of now.

NJPW “Wrestling Dontaku” notes:
Dave Finlay is the new NEVER Openweight Champion, beating Tama Tonga. After the match, he was attacked by a returning El Phantasmo, looking for revenge.
Okada, Tanahashi and Ishii are the new NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champions. It’s Okada’s first title in New Japan Pro Wrestling that is not called the IWGP Heavyweight or World Championship.
Shota Umino comes out with Jon Moxley’s jacket and announced Mox will be returning to NJPW at Dominion. He will seemingly be challenging them for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship belts, alongside Shota Umino and still unknown third man.
Okada gives Umino the finger and says “F*ck. you!”
SANADA retains over Hiromu Takahashi.

The mystery videos NJPW has been showing about an entity “coming soon” was revealed to be Yota Tsuji, who took out SANADA, and looks to be the next challenger to the World Championship. Following the show, Yota vowed his services to Los Ingobernables de Japon, becoming the groups newest member.

Philip Thomas, who attempted to kidnap WWE’s Sonya Deville and broke into her home in 2020, has been sentenced to 15 years in state prison, followed by 15 years of probation after his full term is completed.
Thomas pled guilty to all charges, including attempted kidnapping, aggravated stalking and armed burgla

WWE has hired a new writer for Bray Wyatt.
Speaking during a recent edition of his “Oh, You Didn't Know?” podcast, WWE producer Brian 'Road Dogg' James said: "We actually have a new writer for Bray. So, we'll see how all of that unfolds down the road".

Tony Khan confirms 36k tickets have been sold during today's pre sale for All In. This will be the highest attended event ever for AEW.
At $4.7M made, it will also be the largest gate in AEW history.

The reporter was peddling fake news and info about the All In Show claiming sources. Khan asked him how he'd know that and he was wrong. he then came back with a later tweet insinuating that a journalist with his credentials should do better then peddling fake news and he loses credit when he happens to be working for the same agency who also has WWE CEO Nick Khan.

I got in contact with a friend who was a former WWE employee. He could confirm this was a WWE job but also said considering he worked for the company he has seen in the Past WWE pay bloggers and credentialed reporters fake information to peddle out on their behalf against a rival or someone else to make them look bad.

Tony Khan calls out Boxing Journalist who works for ESPN who's associated with WWE CEO Nick Khan's agency

Tony Khan confirms 36k tickets have been sold during today's pre sale for All In. This will be the highest attended event ever for AEW.
That's yesterday's news. 😉

All In at Wembley now at 43,000 before general sale of tickets!

Will was great on Fightful. Loved his work there and they were lucky to have him. No doubt his work with SRS opened doors for him.

Him and SRS were a dream team. SRS at the forefront of the breaking news in the business and Will with great podcasts.

WWE has hired a new writer for Bray Wyatt.
Speaking during a recent edition of his “Oh, You Didn't Know?” podcast, WWE producer Brian 'Road Dogg' James said: "We actually have a new writer for Bray. So, we'll see how all of that unfolds down the road".
Also Road Dogg: THAT WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG!
Under his breath: you stupid marks.

Tony Khan has always claimed he runs his company with statistically significant analytics and it is now evident.

This was a smart opening salvo to making AEW a stadium show promotion. The Khans have a very close relationship with Wembley Stadium and this is Europe's first taste of AEW. Their analytics have to show them that there is a huge audience overseas and the demand is now proving it.

And now... you get FOMO here in North America. The first AEW American stadium show is going to be a day 1 sellout.

If he could just make the weekly TV must-watch again.

Unfortunately, I see a world coming where the AEW Wednesday show and Saturday show are antagonistic to each other, and they get into a ratings war. It is going to be hilarious from the outside looking in.

That's yesterday's news. 😉

All In at Wembley now at 43,000 before general sale of tickets!

Jericho just confirmed on his instagram after the first day of General sales we’re at 60k now 😳🤘

Gotta say, with Stokley Hathaway involved in the Deletion Match I figured he would not actually be wrestling, but I did not expect him to get beat up by kids. The swanton bomb from the second rope was nice.

“When I signed for WWE, I actually took a pay cut. You're signing for WWE, it's like the opportunity to make money, in a sense. I think my last year on the independents, I'm throwing all these numbers out willy nilly, but whatever. I think it was, at the time, right after I left the independents, the independents kind of blew up to where guys are suddenly making six figures who are just starting to make good names for themselves.

There was a big Indie Boom right after I left. I think my last year on the independents, I made somewhere around $100,000. I signed my first WWE contract for $39,000. It's developmental now, but eventually, you'll make good money, which is ultimately what happened.

I wasn't too near-sighted about it, thinking, 'Oh, I'm worth so much more.' You kind of understand when to kinda take it on the chin and when you'll make it up.”

Sami Zayn (via “Whiskey Ginger” with Andrew Santino)

WON: CM Punk will be the star of AEW “Collision” most weeks, but will be on “Dynamite” when he’s needed.

Those with unresolved issues with Punk would be on Collision the week he is being booked on Dynamite.

"The idea is to get people to resolve issues but that hasn’t happened yet nor has there been any progress."

WON: Drew McIntyre right now is working with the idea there’s a good chance he’s finishing up in WWE, but could do a big program for the title and finally leave.

He will be out of action for a couple more weeks. Nothing has changed regarding his contract situation

Will was great on Fightful. Loved his work there and they were lucky to have him. No doubt his work with SRS opened doors for him.

Him and SRS were a dream team. SRS at the forefront of the breaking news in the business and Will with great podcasts.
Agreed. Sad to see Will go but he's going to do well wherever he goes.

Met Will, Sean Ross Sapp and Denise of Fightful at Mania. Good peeps

Crowd hot as F for the opener.

I'm not much for women's wrestling but that was heck of a performance by both. Really didn't think they should have had the interference at end.

Iyo and Bianca started a little off but picked up in the middle and never let off the gas. Great match by the end.

Rollins is so FN over

The guy spent almost a decade with zero character and doing the same exact promos over and over. He finally "got it" and built character and started acknowledging the crowd. 99% of the performers today should be taking notes.

Users who are viewing this thread