What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official SEAHAWKS Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Lots of other teams are improving by signing FA but not the Seahawks .

They have zero chance of repeating last season success .

They are now left with only 1 NFL caliber WR . ( cmon guys Engram should not be the second WR on any NFL team )

The defense is ordinary .

No chance for next year.
Dumb, dumber and Dumbest. Here is more of your work:

I have no clue what you guys see in Maroney , i watched a few games and at the astart of the game i was anxious to see him play, but i was disappointed every time.

He is nothing special , to me he should be a 3rd or 4th rounder.
No way.

The Seahawks are also a team with no character and no leaders ( Alexander showed last week that he was nt a team player and that he had no character )

The Panthers are way too good for the Seahawks .

Panthers 38 Seahawks 17 Best
You obviously just come here to get a reaction so my response to you is above. Many of your posts are unintelligible, shallow, and :fishing: trips. Grow up and quit pissing in the Shark Pool.

Traders,

I respect your opinion but I find it difficult to agree with your statements. The Seahawk offense, with or without JJ, has and will continue to be one of the best in the league. The young defense made some great steps forward last season.

I am not good at projecting team success, but this team is certainly built to contend again this year.

:confused:

Well if my Vikings do get Hutch to sign an offer sheet today and give up, what two #1's in exchange, I see the 'hawks struggling. Assuming Minny get's a draft pick (a #2) for Culpepper and with the Brinks trucks backing up to Zygi's airplane to bring in Hutch, get ready to say bye bye to him.

Well if my Vikings do get Hutch to sign an offer sheet today and give up, what two #1's in exchange, I see the 'hawks struggling. Assuming Minny get's a draft pick (a #2) for Culpepper and with the Brinks trucks backing up to Zygi's airplane to bring in Hutch, get ready to say bye bye to him.
Transition player. We can match any offer. ANd we have tons of cap space. Do your worst, but Ruskell and Reinfeldt have a plan so don't come crying when he's back nest to Jones.

Well if my Vikings do get Hutch to sign an offer sheet today and give up, what two #1's in exchange, I see the 'hawks struggling.  Assuming Minny get's a draft pick (a #2) for Culpepper and with the Brinks trucks backing up to Zygi's airplane  to bring in Hutch, get ready to say bye bye to him.
Transition player. We can match any offer. ANd we have tons of cap space. Do your worst, but Ruskell and Reinfeldt have a plan so don't come crying when he's back nest to Jones.
Plus we have the third richest man in America as the owner so I'm sure he'll have a bigger Brinks truck than your owner has. Also my Dad can beat up yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus we have the third richest man in America as the owner so I'm sure he'll have a bigger Brinks truck than your owner has.

Also my Dad can beat up yours.
:PointsToDocDetroit:

The Vikings have signed G Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet worth $49 million over seven years, including $16 million in guaranteed money.

The deal has a huge cap number in the first year, which will discourage the Seahawks from matching it. They have seven days to do so. Seattle has to be regretting not placing the franchise tag on him in order to get draft pick compensation. This is the biggest contract for an interior lineman in league history by far. Mar. 12 - 4:07 pm et

As a hawks fan I hope they do not sign him back. Way to much money to pay for a guard. What do you guys think? Womack is better at guard than tackle or they could draft Max-jean-Giles.... opinions?

I thought there weren't any compensation draft picks in this situation since Hutch wasn't a Franchise tag.Or did I pick the wrong day to quit sniffing glue?

As a hawks fan I hope they do not sign him back. Way to much money to pay for a guard. What do you guys think? Womack is better at guard than tackle or they could draft Max-jean-Giles.... opinions?
Giles will likely be there at 31 and you are correct about Womack. As a Michigan fan and a Seahawks fan this is a sad day for me but I think getting the biggest contract a guard has ever gotten is great for Hutch. What'ya gonna do?

:bye: Steve. Seahawks can certainly spend 49 million dollars a lot more wisely than this. Hopefuly they don't get shoke up or shuke at this deal. I think it was a chance worth taking anyway and they now put Minnesota in a position where they will be handcuffed to make any other deals. But if the Seahawks decide to keep him, the Vikings will have done the very same to us.

:bye: Steve. Thanks for the memories.

What I've learned is that if the Seahawks do match the Vikings deal they will still have some 12 million to work with for the 2006 salary cap. The Hutchinson offer is heavy in year one at 13 million but then averages under six per year for the remainder of the contract. Here is a post from a solid Seahawks guru I know:

we have around 20M in cap space,and $6.39M of Hutchinsons contract is already counted within that 20M therefore if the cap hit from Hutchinson was 13M we would only have an extra hit of $6.21M leaving us with around $13.8M in cap room! Those numbers are not official but close! Its almost reasonable to resign him, but on the otherhand you look at that we could have franchised him and saved around 6m in cap space this year. So its slmost like (if we match) that we paid him over 6M to make sure he comes to training camp, which I believe is a bone head move by Ruskell, but Ruskell cant moan and groan he put us in this mess now he will have to get us out of it WITH Hutch. It might mean the release of Wistrom, but we will end up with Hutch. Theres not too many FA left in the pool where we can spen money elsewhere, therefore to be cap strapped for one year doesnt really hurt the overall future of this team since we will have an all pro guard for into 2010!
This makes me change my outlook on things. Now I'm thinking they will actually match but I'm not sure if that is the right move. They had to see this coming and planned for it accordingly. What is that plan? We'll find out soon enough but I'm not panicking just yet.

I am willing to restructure my teaching contract if it will help keep Hutchinson in Seattle.

:hey:
:lmao: I actually have a three year contract in my job but Hutch is on his own. I will trade my job and all this year's wages to be the director of video for the Seahawks! I better get my resume together.....

Spencer could probably move to Center or LG or we could have Tobeck or Porkchop at LG. To me this is still the best unit in the league even missing Hutchinson. It won't be as good but Spencer is a first round draft pick who got to watch the best line in the world last year up close. He has the speed, footwork, and frame to be a starter and would have likely pushed Gray on the right side.

The more I look at this the more I think the Seahawks should let Hutch go. This will be a very interesting week.

Spencer could probably move to Center or LG or we could have Tobeck or Porkchop at LG. To me this is still the best unit in the league even missing Hutchinson. It won't be as good but Spencer is a first round draft pick who got to watch the best line in the world last year up close. He has the speed, footwork, and frame to be a starter and would have likely pushed Gray on the right side.

The more I look at this the more I think the Seahawks should let Hutch go. This will be a very interesting week.
At that price I would let him go. I have no worries over this, I'll just miss the guy. :cry:

Spencer could probably move to Center or LG or we could have Tobeck or Porkchop at LG.  To me this is still the best unit in the league even missing Hutchinson.  It won't be as good but Spencer is a first round draft pick who got to watch the best line in the world last year up close.  He has the speed, footwork, and frame to be a starter and would have likely pushed Gray on the right side. 

The more I look at this the more I think the Seahawks should let Hutch go.  This will be a very interesting week.
At that price I would let him go. I have no worries over this, I'll just miss the guy. :cry:
Me 2 but I'm hoping they'll take that money and pen a OLB and a speed rusher. Plus I'm a Michigan fan!

:suds:

Spencer could probably move to Center or LG or we could have Tobeck or Porkchop at LG.  To me this is still the best unit in the league even missing Hutchinson.  It won't be as good but Spencer is a first round draft pick who got to watch the best line in the world last year up close.  He has the speed, footwork, and frame to be a starter and would have likely pushed Gray on the right side. 

The more I look at this the more I think the Seahawks should let Hutch go.  This will be a very interesting week.
Me 2 but I'm hoping they'll take that money and pen a OLB and a speed rusher. Plus I'm a Michigan fan!

Michigan is my #2 college team. I am going to Detroit for the Seattle game this year, and then I'll be down again for the Michigan/Oregon game in 2007.

Michigan is my #2 college team. I am going to Detroit for the Seattle game this year, and then I'll be down again for the Michigan/Oregon game in 2007.
I'll be at that Detroit/Seattle game depending on when it is. If it is in September or October, aroung turkey day, or around Christmas I'll be there. Even if I don't go let me know if you need assistance with the area and I'll hook you up.

I'll be at that Detroit/Seattle game depending on when it is. If it is in September or October, aroung turkey day, or around Christmas I'll be there. Even if I don't go let me know if you need assistance with the area and I'll hook you up.
Thanks, but my buddy is in Grand Rapids, I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Thanks, but my buddy is in Grand Rapids, I'm killing two birds with one stone.
If I make it we'll meet up for a brew. I'll be with a bunch of Lions fans but they are a good bunch. :thumbup:

On Sando's blog (Seahawk Insider) he talked about the possibility of getting compensation out of this. The Seahawks could approach the Vikings and ask what it would be worth to them for us to not match their offer? Player(s), draft pick(s), etc. If they agree to compensate us we let Hutch go. If they don't, we can match the offer. Just something to think about.
:coffee:

Full Article

Now the question will be about the structure of Hutchinson's offer, and exactly how the $16 million in guarantees breaks down wasn't known on Sunday. But Minnesota was $31 million below the salary cap when free agency began, giving the Vikings room to deliver a large, immediate roster bonus instead of a signing bonus. The difference? A roster bonus counts 100 percent against the salary cap immediately whereas a signing bonus can be pro-rated over five years.

Seattle has the salary-cap room to match the offer to Hutchinson if it chooses. The Seahawks are currently about $17 million below the salary cap, but that total doesn't include the more than $6 million currently allotted to Hutchinson as the transition player. If the Vikings' offer results in a cap hit of $10 million, Seattle would still have more than $13 million in salary-cap room if it matched the offer and retained Hutchinson.
This pretty much confirms what we speculated last night. I think one of the more telling things in this article is that the Seahawks are 23 mill under the cap while the Vikings were 31 before they signed Taylor, Robinson, and Longwell. So what are they now? Probably about the same. I have to believe the Seahawks planned for this when they moved the tag from franchise to transitional but what was their final number? What salary would be too much? Was there such a number? We'll see in less than a week. I'm interested in hearing from the Seahawks on this so post it here as soon as you hear anything. Thanks.

Seahawks | More about Hutchinson's offer

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 06:14:53 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the offer sheet signed by Seattle Seahawks OG Steve Hutchinson with the Minnesota Vikings reportedly included a $10 million signing bonus, a $6 million roster bonus payable this year and a $585,000 base salary in 2006. That would translate to $8.585 million in salary cap charges this year, a high number but not a prohibitive one. Hutchinson is already counting $6.391 million against Seattle's cap after the Seahawks named him their transition player, which allows them to match offers he receives in free agency. Under those terms, the Seahawks could match the Vikings' offer and still have roughly $16 million in salary cap room, plenty to re-sign their own free agents and pursue others on the market. There were reports, however, that the Vikings' offer might carry a first-year cap charge of $13 million. That would be the figure if Hutchinson's 2006 base salary were $5.85 million instead of $585,000.

This was the whole post by Sando on his blog:

Breaking down the Hutchinson offer | SubscribeThere have been some conflicting reports about exactly how much the Steve Hutchinson contract would count against the salary cap in 2006. I have seen the $13 million figure floated, but the figure that makes most sense to me at this time is $8.585 million. My understanding is that the seven-year, $49 million offer from Minnesota included a $10 million signing bonus, a $6 million roster bonus this year and a 2006 base salary of $585,000.One way to get to $13 million (closer to $14 million, actually) would be for the 2006 base salary to be $5.85 million instead of $585,000. But my understanding was that the first-year base salary was at the minimum level, which would be $585,000 for Hutchinson. A definitive picture should emerge in the coming days.If the first-year cap figure is $8.585 million, that's not a prohibitive number. Hutchinson is already counting $6.391 million against the Hawks' cap as a transition player. So matching the Vikings' offer would eat up an additional $2.194 million of cap space. That's not a killer for a team with some $17 million in cap space.As noted previously, the question will be whether Seattle wants to pay Hutchinson what the Vikings have offered him. If the first-year cap number is somehow $13 million, that is a harder number to swallow, but Seattle has the cap room to make it work. Again, it's a value judgment.Posted by mikesando Mar 13, 2006 12:30 am

Alexander's Cap numbers change

signing bonus went from 4 years to 5 years the changed opened up 575,000 cap space for 2006. alexander's contract now counts 5.95 million against the cap this season and 5.7 in 2007.
Here is how the contract breaks down now:Add the 11.5 mill signing bonus and roster bonus for 2 mill in each of the first two years into the holes. Year Base Salary Total to date Cap number MAX Cap hit if Cut2006 1,625,000 15,125,000 5,925,000 13.52007 1,400,000 18,525,000 5,700,000 11.22008 4,475,000 23,000,000 6,775,000 6.52009 5,562,500 28,562,500 7,862,000 4.62010 6,650,000 35,212,500 6,075,000 2.32011 7,737,500 42,950,000 7,737,500 02012 8,825,000 51,775,000 8,825,000 02013 9,912,500 61,687,500 9,912,500 0

from MMQB...

I think the Vikings' offer sheet for Steve Hutchinson is obviously incredible -- seven years, $49 million, making him by far the highest-paid guard in NFL history -- but I also think there's not a poison pill in there for Seattle. My guess is the Seahawks will match. The best contract for a guard previously: the $5.4 million average that Carolina gave Mike Wahle last year in free agency. This beats it by $1.6 million a year. And though I think Hutchinson would like to go, it makes sense for Seattle to match. I realize paying an interior lineman so much isn't normally prudent, but think of the great running game Seattle has. It's predicated on the left side of the line being great, with Walter Jones and Hutchinson leading the way for Shaun Alexander. Imagine, to keep that symphonic running game intact you've got to pay six percent of your salary cap to one of the three players. To me, it's a no-brainer. With $14 million in guaranteed money in the first 12 months of the deal and the ability to spread it over a long period for cap purposes, I think it's a manageable contract for Seattle.

from MMQB...

I think the Vikings' offer sheet for Steve Hutchinson is obviously incredible -- seven years, $49 million, making him by far the highest-paid guard in NFL history -- but I also think there's not a poison pill in there for Seattle. My guess is the Seahawks will match. The best contract for a guard previously: the $5.4 million average that Carolina gave Mike Wahle last year in free agency. This beats it by $1.6 million a year. And though I think Hutchinson would like to go, it makes sense for Seattle to match. I realize paying an interior lineman so much isn't normally prudent, but think of the great running game Seattle has. It's predicated on the left side of the line being great, with Walter Jones and Hutchinson leading the way for Shaun Alexander. Imagine, to keep that symphonic running game intact you've got to pay six percent of your salary cap to one of the three players. To me, it's a no-brainer. With $14 million in guaranteed money in the first 12 months of the deal and the ability to spread it over a long period for cap purposes, I think it's a manageable contract for Seattle.
Thanks for the post F&BMMQB? Is this paraphrased or direct quote? TIA.

EDIT TO ADD: Monday Morning QB w/ Peter King?

Full Article

NFL.com is confirming that the contract offer that Hutchinson signed did in fact include a "poison pill." I think we need to still take a wait and see attitude but since we have a second source and a pretty good one, I have to think this is probably true.

The deal, devised by Hutchinson's agent Tom Condon, makes it exceedingly difficult for the Seahawks to match. One person involved in the composition of the offer sheet predicted the Seahawks cannot match it; the ramifications would be way too severe.

Seattle is said to be miffed not at the contract, but at Hutchinson's actions. As an act of good faith, the Seahawks opted to slap Hutchinson with the "transition" tag instead of the "franchise" tag, enabling the guard to solicit a deal that would be the best gauge of his market value. Seattle opted against the franchise tag only because it did not want to disenfranchise Hutchinson the way so many players slapped with the franchise tags are.

In turn, Hutchinson's agent devised one of the most innovative contracts ever created, a monumental deal that nobody in Seattle saw coming. Now, the overwhelming chances are, Hutchinson is gone.

Seattle does have one other option, but it is highly risky. It can match the offer sheet and appeal the terms of the offer sheet to the NFL's Management Council. A Special Master would hear the appeal and if it ruled against the Seahawks, Seattle would be obligated to pay Hutchinson $50 million.

It's probably a gamble the Seahawks cannot afford to take.

Vikings | Contract update: Hutchinson provisionMon, 13 Mar 2006 17:33:21 -0800Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson has a provision in his contract which states he must be the highest paid offensive lineman on his team for the 2006 season or his entire $50 million contract becomes guaranteed, according to someone who has seen the offer sheet the Minnesota Vikings offered him. The provision was added in an effort to make it increasingly difficult for the Seahawks to match the offer.
Seahawks | Contract update: Hutchinson provisionMon, 13 Mar 2006 17:12:40 -0800Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson has a provision in his contract which states he must be the highest paid offensive lineman on his team for the 2006 season or his entire $50 million contract becomes guaranteed, according to someone who has seen the offer sheet the Minnesota Vikings offered him. Seahawks OT Walter Jones averages $7.5 million a season and Hutchinson's contract will average $7 million a season. If the Seahawks decide to match the offer, they would have to figure out a way to squeeze his over $13 million salary figure into their cap and would guarantee the rest of his $50 million contract, which would make it the richest cash contract in NFL history by $15 million.
Vikings played hard ball. With Walter Jones in place, seems like it would be nearly impossible for the Seahawks to match this offer.

Full Article

NFL.com is confirming that the contract offer that Hutchinson signed did in fact include a "poison pill."  I think we need to still take a wait and see attitude but since we have a second source and a pretty good one, I have to think this is probably true.   

The deal, devised by Hutchinson's agent Tom Condon, makes it exceedingly difficult for the Seahawks to match. One person involved in the composition of the offer sheet predicted the Seahawks cannot match it; the ramifications would be way too severe.

Seattle is said to be miffed not at the contract, but at Hutchinson's actions. As an act of good faith, the Seahawks opted to slap Hutchinson with the "transition" tag instead of the "franchise" tag, enabling the guard to solicit a deal that would be the best gauge of his market value. Seattle opted against the franchise tag only because it did not want to disenfranchise Hutchinson the way so many players slapped with the franchise tags are.

In turn, Hutchinson's agent devised one of the most innovative contracts ever created, a monumental deal that nobody in Seattle saw coming. Now, the overwhelming chances are, Hutchinson is gone.

Seattle does have one other option, but it is highly risky. It can match the offer sheet and appeal the terms of the offer sheet to the NFL's Management Council. A Special Master would hear the appeal and if it ruled against the Seahawks, Seattle would be obligated to pay Hutchinson $50 million.

It's probably a gamble the Seahawks cannot afford to take.
All sides need to treat contract negotiations for what it is. Cut the "as an act of good faith" crap. :boxing:

Vikings | Contract update: Hutchinson provision

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:33:21 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson has a provision in his contract which states he must be the highest paid offensive lineman on his team for the 2006 season or his entire $50 million contract becomes guaranteed, according to someone who has seen the offer sheet the Minnesota Vikings offered him. The provision was added in an effort to make it increasingly difficult for the Seahawks to match the offer.
Seahawks | Contract update: Hutchinson provision

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:12:40 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson has a provision in his contract which states he must be the highest paid offensive lineman on his team for the 2006 season or his entire $50 million contract becomes guaranteed, according to someone who has seen the offer sheet the Minnesota Vikings offered him. Seahawks OT Walter Jones averages $7.5 million a season and Hutchinson's contract will average $7 million a season. If the Seahawks decide to match the offer, they would have to figure out a way to squeeze his over $13 million salary figure into their cap and would guarantee the rest of his $50 million contract, which would make it the richest cash contract in NFL history by $15 million.
Vikings played hard ball. With Walter Jones in place, seems like it would be nearly impossible for the Seahawks to match this offer.
They did and that is the NFL. I don't blame anyone here. Seahawks fans are saying that he didn't want to stay, that the management screwed up...etc. He went to his employer and asked for a raise, the employer let him explore his options, he got a fat contract and that is that. It happens every day in many lines of work. I don't blame him at all.

I do believe he wanted to come back but this is about livelihoods. He can take care of his kids, their kids, their kid's kids, and many more. Who wouldn't want that?

As far as management the same applies: this happens everyday in the world. I like my job but for a substantial payraise doing the same thing I'm doing now, I'm gone. I also have some good people that work for me who will get better offers and I'll hate to lose them, but I wish them the best for trying to better themselves.

:offmysoapbox:

Time to move on to getting some defense and a WR with a hell of a lot of cap space!

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson has a provision in his contract which states he must be the highest paid offensive lineman on his team for the 2006 season or his entire $50 million contract becomes guaranteed, according to someone who has seen the offer sheet the Minnesota Vikings offered him. The provision was added in an effort to make it increasingly difficult for the Seahawks to match the offer.

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson has a provision in his contract which states he must be the highest paid offensive lineman on his team for the 2006 season or his entire $50 million contract becomes guaranteed, according to someone who has seen the offer sheet the Minnesota Vikings offered him. Seahawks OT Walter Jones averages $7.5 million a season and Hutchinson's contract will average $7 million a season. If the Seahawks decide to match the offer, they would have to figure out a way to squeeze his over $13 million salary figure into their cap and would guarantee the rest of his $50 million contract, which would make it the richest cash contract in NFL history by $15 million.
They did and that is the NFL. I don't blame anyone here. Seahawks fans are saying that he didn't want to stay, that the management screwed up...etc. He went to his employer and asked for a raise, the employer let him explore his options, he got a fat contract and that is that. It happens every day in many lines of work. I don't blame him at all.

I do believe he wanted to come back but this is about livelihoods. He can take care of his kids, their kids, their kid's kids, and many more. Who wouldn't want that?

As far as management the same applies: this happens everyday in the world. I like my job but for a substantial payraise doing the same thing I'm doing now, I'm gone. I also have some good people that work for me who will get better offers and I'll hate to lose them, but I wish them the best for trying to better themselves.

Time to move on to getting some defense and a WR with a hell of a lot of cap space!
Clearly Hutch didn't sign this offer sheet to get more money out of the Seahawks. Signing this offer sheet, with the clause in it, tells me he wants to play in Minnesota. The Hawks should have franchised him.Thinking that Hutch wanted to come back to the Hawks is a reach.

Clearly Hutch didn't sign this offer sheet to get more money out of the Seahawks. Signing this offer sheet, with the clause in it, tells me he wants to play in Minnesota. The Hawks should have franchised him.Thinking that Hutch wanted to come back to the Hawks is a reach.
Really? You don't think he wanted the most money he could get? I don't believe that at all. He would have come back and he has said all along he likes it in Seattle. It was all about the money. Good but not great luck to him.

Really? You don't think he wanted the most money he could get? I don't believe that at all. He would have come back and he has said all along he likes it in Seattle. It was all about the money. Good but not great luck to him.
I am all for getting the most money you can. I think he could have gotten the money he wanted without putting the Hawks in the position of not being able to match the offer. Once he signed the offer sheet, he clearly knew he wasn't coming back to the Hawks because Jones makes more. Negotiate that offer without the clause in it and Hawks match and the Hawks and Hutch are happy.

I love how everyone is freaking out. I can't wait for this time next year when the hawks running game didn't miss a beat, hutchinson plays half the season for the vikings and spends the rest injured, and the quality depth the hawks bring in with the extra money allows them to win a super bowl.....

:boxing: BYE BYE Hutchinson!!

Man I wish I wore rose colored glasses too. I guess we should just dismiss Hutchinson's value to this team. A great offensive line isn't that important.

Maybe next year will prove me wrong but it's not that easy to replace a 3 time pro bowler on your offensive line and "not miss a beat" the following year.

Bolded for empahsis. And what makes you think the VIKINGS would want to sign that offer sheet? They are not interested in being a middle man in a game called "Lets make Steve rich!" They wanted something the Hawks would have trouble matching, and they got it. It takes 2 to tango.

I am all for getting the most money you can. I think he could have gotten the money he wanted without putting the Hawks in the position of not being able to match the offer. Once he signed the offer sheet, he clearly knew he wasn't coming back to the Hawks because Jones makes more. Negotiate that offer without the clause in it and Hawks match and the Hawks and Hutch are happy.

Bolded for empahsis. And what makes you think the VIKINGS would want to sign that offer sheet? They are not interested in being a middle man in a game called "Lets make Steve rich!" They wanted something the Hawks would have trouble matching, and they got it. It takes 2 to tango.

The Vikings did exactly what they needed to do. I am with you on that. No team would play that game. I was just disputing the fact that Hutchinson wanted to come back to Seattle. If a player wanted to come back to a former team, he wouldn't sign an offer sheet that prevented the former team from matching it.

Man I wish I wore rose colored glasses too. I guess we should just dismiss Hutchinson's value to this team. A great offensive line isn't that important.

Maybe next year will prove me wrong but it's not that easy to replace a 3 time pro bowler on your offensive line and "not miss a beat" the following year.
A great offensive line is important, however of all the offensive line positions guard is the least important. He will be missed but he can be replaced. I would like to see Mike Williams signed(moved to guard), Max Jean Giles at LG or Chris Spencer. Hutchinson is only 1/6 of that line (Mack Strong included) ..... I could go around and act like the world is ending like most hawk fans here, but Guards are not worth 13 million, 8 million, or even 6 million!

If a player wanted to come back to a former team, he wouldn't sign an offer sheet that prevented the former team from matching it.
What if the only way to get a record contract is with that clause? I think the player would sign it. You did say earlier that you are all for getting the most money that you can.So it's possible he wanted to come back, but also wanted the most money possible. Those two things can be mutually exclusive.

from MMQB...

Thanks for the post F&BMMQB? Is this paraphrased or direct quote? TIA.

EDIT TO ADD: Monday Morning QB w/ Peter King?
Direct quote but you can read that he is speculating as well

How would you guys feel about adding Keyshawn to our group of receivers? ESPNews mentioned Seattle as one of his many possible destinations.

Didn't hear the ESPNews report, but I figure Seattle and Carolina to be his top suitors. I think he'd be a real nice fit for either. Doesn't hurt both are upper echelon squads either.

Burleson and Abraham are in town today. :thumbup:
Call me crazy but I think Keyshawn at this point in his career would be a great addition. He isn't the sulking idiot he was when he was one of the leagues better receivers and is probably ready to accept a role player spot. I think he wants to win, wants to be on the west coast, and wants to play where the fans will appreciate him. If we can get him at the right price I believe without hesitation that he is an upgrade over JJ in this system. More from Seahawk land....

Milloy visit scheduled

Former Lincoln High and University of Washington standout Lawyer Milloy is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Wednesday.

The 32-year-old veteran NFL safety had 106 tackles while starting all 16 games for Buffalo last season.

Milloy has 22 interceptions and 15 sacks in 155 career regular-season games for New England and Buffalo.

The Seahawks could need reinforcements at safety after Marquand Manuel signed with Green Bay this week.

Burleson has Seattle plans

Minnesota Vikings receiver Nate Burleson, formerly of O’Dea High School in Seattle, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that he plans to visit the Seahawks on Thursday and Friday.

Burleson is a restricted free agent, allowing the Vikings to match any offer. If the Vikings chose not to match, they would receive a third-round draft choice from any team signing Burleson.

Seattle is seeking help at receiver after losing Joe Jurevicius to Cleveland. Starter Darrell Jackson is also coming off knee surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread