What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

## OFFICIAL ## Taylor Swift thread (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers
I keep hearing people that hate Taylor Swift. Given that I don't listen to what passes for country these days, I'm not in tune with the country music scene.Did she kill a bunch of puppies? Pee in everyone's Wheaties? What makes her such a target of derision?

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep hearing people that hate Taylor Swift. Given that I don't listen to what passes for country these days, I'm not in tune with the country music scene.Did she kill a bunch of puppies? Pee in everyone's Wheaties? What makes her such a target of derision?
Are you hearing it from people that listen to country music? If so, they might hate her because she's completely crossed over to pop music now.

She doesn't put out which is why she can't keep a boyfriend for more than a month. Than she writes a song about the guy with blue balls that just dumped her.

I keep hearing people that hate Taylor Swift. Given that I don't listen to what passes for country these days, I'm not in tune with the country music scene.

Did she kill a bunch of puppies? Pee in everyone's Wheaties? What makes her such a target of derision?
I've never heard that. :shrug: Her music is nothing I'd ever listen to regularly and the few songs I've heard are very mundane. Maybe people hate her success for having bland music? I dunno...she's not really that hot either, so maybe they hate an average looking girl for being famous. But lots of average people with average music make it big. Lotta hate to spread around.

Swift is making more than 20 million a year and has a net worth of over 80 million at a young age. The right people must like her.

I keep hearing people that hate Taylor Swift. Given that I don't listen to what passes for country these days, I'm not in tune with the country music scene.

Did she kill a bunch of puppies? Pee in everyone's Wheaties? What makes her such a target of derision?
I've never heard that. :shrug: Her music is nothing I'd ever listen to regularly and the few songs I've heard are very mundane. Maybe people hate her success for having bland music? I dunno...she's not really that hot either, so maybe they hate an average looking girl for being famous. But lots of average people with average music make it big. Lotta hate to spread around.
This. There's just nothing much of substance there to get excited about. Maybe some of the girls who were popular in high school could explain her popularity to an old fart like me.

I like her, but I think one reason I've heard others not liking her is that she's too fake. Did you see any of her camera shots while in the seats of the Grammy's?

A heard a funny line about her and Miley Cyrus...One girl dresses provocatively yet has had a long term boyfriend for years and is now engaged. The other dresses conservatively, yet has had TONS of boyfriends. Yet Taylor is considered the girl next door and Miley is considered a slut.

I don't know about hate but I don't have much respect for her as an artist. Her whole shtick is date guy, lose guy, write song about how it was all guys fault because Taylor is a flawless human being. Rinse and repeat. It's kind of been done to death.

I don't know about hate but I don't have much respect for her as an artist. Her whole shtick is date guy, lose guy, write song about how it was all guys fault because Taylor is a flawless human being. Rinse and repeat. It's kind of been done to death.
Meh...it's a nice change from many of the other hores in the business.

A heard a funny line about her and Miley Cyrus...One girl dresses provocatively yet has had a long term boyfriend for years and is now engaged. The other dresses conservatively, yet has had TONS of boyfriends. Yet Taylor is considered the girl next door and Miley is considered a slut.
What was the funny line?

Swift is making more than 20 million a year and has a net worth of over 80 million at a young age. The right people must like her.
Country pop seems to appeal to all girls between the ages of 15 and 30, and considering what a large demographic that is, the popularity of her and others of her ilk is no surprise.

Her schtick is annoying. That said, based on what I've heard from each, I'd sooner listen to a Taylor Swift record than the Mumfords.

:goodposting: This really nails it. There isn't a whole lot of variety to her music.

Saw an interview with her (GF was watching it, honest!). Wanted to kick her in the teeth after 5 minutes. Couldn't name a song by her.

is her i am so lucky persona a bit over the top?sureI'll take a million of her over some of the ####ty entitled d-bag ####### attitudes a lot of music people have

Saw her on 60 Minutes awhile ago and loved Leslie Stahl calling her out on her faux-shocked "OMG YOU GUYS!" look every time the music stops during her live show. She literally was like "what is that all about?"

Saw her on 60 Minutes awhile ago and loved Leslie Stahl calling her out on her faux-shocked "OMG YOU GUYS!" look every time the music stops during her live show. She literally was like "what is that all about?"
What is it all about? It's about - :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: You think Larry the Cable Guy is really a stupid cable repairman? Do you think Ice Cube is really a hardened street thug? Do you think Eddie Vedder really gives a damn about Ticketmaster charging too much?

It's all image to capitalize on the $$$$$$$$$. I'd do it too.

Gimmie a break. She is an excellent writer. That is why she is a better artist compared to most in any genere. Maybe you don't get her lyrics, or like her writing, but you're not a young girl in her early 20's so I wouldn't necessarily expect you to. Her lyrics relate very directly with her target audience. And anyone that actually knows her songs knows that not every song is about losing the guy. Often times they stay together (Love Story, Tim McGraw, Mine, Our Song, Ours, Sparks Fly). Sometimes the song is about her wanting the guy back after they split up (Back To December). Sometimes it's about a new relationship starting (Begin Again). The idea that ALL her songs are about 'The Breakup' is basically what people that know very little about her like to say... which goes back to the OP's point. Why?

Gimmie a break. She is an excellent writer. That is why she is a better artist compared to most in any genere. Maybe you don't get her lyrics, or like her writing, but you're not a young girl in her early 20's so I wouldn't necessarily expect you to. Her lyrics relate very directly with her target audience. And anyone that actually knows her songs knows that not every song is about losing the guy. Often times they stay together (Love Story, Tim McGraw, Mine, Our Song, Ours, Sparks Fly). Sometimes the song is about her wanting the guy back after they split up (Back To December). Sometimes it's about a new relationship starting (Begin Again). The idea that ALL her songs are about 'The Breakup' is basically what people that know very little about her like to say... which goes back to the OP's point. Why?
Rhianna dating the guy who abused her, that's juicyTaylor playing the role of well adjusted normal citizen pisses people offthank GOD young girls are listening to her

If she writes about staying together, then why doesn't she have a relationship that lasts?

If she writes about staying together, then why doesn't she have a relationship that lasts?
son of jor el, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!

Rhianna dating the guy who abused her, that's juicyTaylor playing the role of well adjusted normal citizen pisses people offthank GOD young girls are listening to her
:goodposting:

Her schtick is annoying. That said, based on what I've heard from each, I'd sooner listen to a Taylor Swift record than the Mumfords.
Are you referring to Mumford and Sons? Because if so, that's one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

and it is ok to have music targeted at teens and pre-teensthey deserve music for them tooand if some 40 year old pot bellied beer swilling message board poster would rather listen to Lynard Skynard, that's ok too!different strokes for different folks

Why does it matter? Are you actually saying that what someone sings or writes about should actually have some sort of effect on their actual lives? I don't know why. She's 20? She's still looking?

son of jor el, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!
Please, that wannabe world-ruler couldn't hold my jock. That's why he's still in that Phantom Zone.

I like her, but I think one reason I've heard others not liking her is that she's too fake. Did you see any of her camera shots while in the seats of the Grammy's?
Example image
They're jealous b/c they all needed to sell sexy to sell records. She's made bank by doing the opposite.
Maybe you should look at the attempted cleavage and try again.
The girl isn't stooping to sell sex just because she wears a low neckline at an awards show. There is a difference.

So they are all basically about what I said. Oh and I don't get the Wiggles either but then I am an adult. Of course so is Taylor maybe she could start writing like one. Time to move past my great 18 year old boyfriend, moving to I want my 18 year old boyfriend back, oh my 18 year old boyfriend sucks and we are never, ever, getting back together again. You know unless I need a new lyric of course.

Okay, so I went to her Wikipedia page, scrolled down to discography, clicked on her 2010 release and then picked a random song - "Innocent". I then ran that into lyrics finder and this is what it spit out. I was expecting something about a breakup, but instead got what you see below. Some pretty silly cliches in there, but it's not horrible. Rhyming 'You' with 'You' is pretty weak in the bolded section. I wouldn't call that excellent writing, but maybe it was the only word she could come up with. Is she really 32 already?
I guess you really did it this time

Left yourself in your warpath

Lost your balance on a tightrope

Lost your mind tryin' to get it back

Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days?

Always a bigger bed to crawl into

Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything

And everybody believed in you?

It's alright, just wait and see

Your string of lights is still bright to me

Oh, who you are is not where you've been

You're still an innocent, you're still an innocent

Did some things you can't speak of

But at night you live it all again

You wouldn't be shattered on the floor now

If only you had seen what you know now then

Wasn't it easier in your firefly catchin' days?

And everything out of reach, someone bigger brought down to you

Wasn't it beautiful runnin' wild 'til you fell asleep

Before the monsters caught up to you?

It's alright, just wait and see

Your string of lights is still bright to me

Oh, who you are is not where you've been

You're still an innocent

It's okay, life is a tough crowd

32 and still growin' up now

Who you are is not what you did

You're still an innocent

Time turns flames to embers, you'll have new Septembers