What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Texas Rangers Thread - Langford vs. Carter for ROY *** (1 Viewer)

I think I watched 2 of the 500 games in whatever we are calling the Woodward era.

Not at all sure how this thing gets turned around.

Rangers' fan since '81. It gets turned around when the team figures out how to develop and retain elite starting pitchers. I've waited 41 years for this and, well......still waiting. Never had a Cy Young winner. I bet I die before it happens.

But sure, go out and over pay for middle infielders. Again.

For many years it was the weather. Not sure what the excuse is now. Don't really care.

I think I watched 2 of the 500 games in whatever we are calling the Woodward era.

Not at all sure how this thing gets turned around.

Rangers' fan since '81. It gets turned around when the team figures out how to develop and retain elite starting pitchers. I've waited 41 years for this and, well......still waiting. Never had a Cy Young winner. I bet I die before it happens.

But sure, go out and over pay for middle infielders. Again.

For many years it was the weather. Not sure what the excuse is now. Don't really care.

Could still be COVID hangover. The team is entertaining if not always winning. I think the biggest reason is F'in Bally's and no one able to watch it without paying $100+ for cable mostly.

Made a few games in person this year, but this might be the least interested I have been in this team in a long time. The BS with Ballys Sports made it impossible to watch games on TV and I think that had a lot to do with it. :fartandfalldown:

American League Runs Leaders:
1. Marcus Semien - TEX - 54
2. Adolis Garcia - TEX - 47
3. Nathaniel Lowe - TEX - 43
4. Josh Jung - TEX - 42
4. Aaron Judge - NYY - 42

Robbie Grossman and Jonah Heim also in the top 30 but afterthoughts right now.

Semien and Seager are quite the duo. Unbelievable - this team is really good.

In any other Rangers offseason, when there are three great players at a position, the Rangers would get the third at best, to not get one but two at the top (and they both work out) has been surreal.

But that signing of DeGrom………ouch.

Might sound stupid, but I'm not ready to trash this contract yet. Not my money, yada yada, but if it took DeGrom to make the other dominos fall that did this offseason, I think overall, it was still a success.

Really fun watching this team right now.

About a month ago, made a $100 bet with a buddy that Texas would be in first over Houston at the end of June. Going to be a nervous couple of weeks but would rather be up 3.5 than down 3.5.

About a month ago, made a $100 bet with a buddy that Texas would be in first over Houston at the end of June. Going to be a nervous couple of weeks but would rather be up 3.5 than down 3.5.

Didn't expect the Angels to pass Houston in the standings, but here we are. Forgot that bet was not, Texas being in first over Houston, but Houston being in first overall by the end of the month. So feeling even better about the bet at this point.

Easiest money I've ever made.

Two sweeps to start the second half, including our Rays, has me cautiously optimistic on where this thing could go.

They’ve moved all the way up to +650 to win the World Series on Draft Kings. I have tied several parlays and small bets to them winning all year. I’ve seen their odds go from about 17-1, down to 7-1, back up to 23-1 and now 6.5-1 after this winning streak. The de Grom injury hurt, then the roller coaster with Max. But Max started throwing again and I’m cautiously optimistic he can pitch in the playoffs. If the Rangers can hold the division lead we will get a bye and even more time for rest. Who know maybe someone can knock off Atlanta and we can make a run. 🤞

Best possible outcome for a Game 1. Get the win, get the bullpen some confidence, show the world that Evan Carter is the next star.

And best possible outcome for Game 2. Nice win. We can probably not start Grossman anymore, but otherwise, good times.

Jesus. Had no idea that this team could be that damn team. Bring on the Twins or the Astros. I like our chances either way.

Was at ACL Festival, so didn't have great internet access, but man, I don't understand these feelings right now. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop in dramatic fashion, but being up 2-0 with both win on the road against the POS Astros is making that ACL high just continue.

I'm going to be a bundle of nerves all day.

I really need Texas to win tonight so I don't spend stupid money to be in the ballpark Friday and/or Saturday.

Time for Spring Training baseball!!

Langford getting the start in the outfield today. Ezequiel Duran, Josh Smith and Justin Foscue will be getting a lot of infield time as Jung and Seager heal up.

LFG!!!!

Spring Numbers as of today:

Evan (32 PAs): .357/.406/.607

Wyatt (36 PAs): .379/.472/.828

Small sample size, but man am I much excited.

Needing a new jersey. A Langford or Carter seems like the most logical choice if I want someone here for a while, but is there a better long term shtick option?

In honor of Opening Day, here are three trades between the Cubs and the Rangers:

Fergie Jenkins to the Rangers for Vic Harris and Bill Madlock.

Rafael Palmeiro and Jamie Moyer (and others) to Cubs for Mitch Williams (and others).

Ryan Dempster to the Rangers for Kyle Hendricks and Christian Villanueva.

The first trade would have balanced out for the Cubs if they had kept Madlock, but they sent him away in a few years to the Giants for Bobby Murcer and Steve Ontiveros. Ooof.

The second was an awful trade made out of panic. Cubs GM Jim Frey thought Lee Smith was washed up (he wasn't). He traded for a 40 year old Goose Gossage as replacement (who was washed up). The trade would have been even better for Texas if they had let Moyer find his groove.

The third has been accidentally great for the Cubs. They originally had a deal to send Dempster to Atlanta for a pitcher who ultimately blew out his elbow. Dempster invoked his 10/5 rights so the trade fell through. The Texas deal was centered on Villanueva who the Cubs thought could be an everyday 3B. The skinny Ivy Leaguer was a throw-in.

Donnie Ecker, the Rangers’ bench coach and offensive coordinator, said Langford and Carter appear almost fully formed, standing out in part because they act older than their respective ages. Both players are married — Langford to a former t-ball teammate from his hometown of Trenton, Fla. Hallie Langford, a redshirt junior on the softball team at Mercer University, is an outfielder, but unlike Wyatt bats left-handed. A broken ankle will keep her out this season, Wyatt said, so she will be a redshirt junior again next year.

“It speaks to how we’re identifying the human capital side of this,” Ecker said. “These guys have foundational beliefs that allow them to be grounded, on top of having a really high level of work ethic and talent.”

Makes me feel even more excited for these guys. I don't condone marrying young, or marrying for that matter, but you gotta figure these guys are more likely to be in the batting cages instead of the clubs late at night.

Users who are viewing this thread