What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Thread- Carolina at St. Louis (1 Viewer)

Great game.Great ending.Great thread, FBGuys. ...now...I believe I overheard something about another game somewhere cold... :football:

Now we get six months of Favre playing Monday-morning QB and second-guessing Martz's decision to play for OT with 30sec left in regulation.

Great game.Great ending.Great thread, FBGuys. ...now...I believe I overheard something about another game somewhere cold... :football:
Anybody know the record for most post in a thread?? Just curious..

Now we get six months of Favre playing Monday-morning QB and second-guessing Martz's decision to play for OT with 30sec left in regulation.
GDB having to look forward to hearing Sean Salisbury's mouth :bag:

LOL at Jimmy Johnson ripping on Martz for his coaching. Yeah, what was the score of your last playoff game Jimmy? Oh yeah, you lost 62-7. :rolleyes:

My expansion draft is tomorrow for a keeper league. bulger just dropped to 14th in my QB rankings of those available.

[QUOTE=']Well if the Eagles win tomorrow, I hope Carolina is the team that can beat them...
[/QUOTE]If the Packers win, we'll have a rematch of the 96 NFC title game. :)

LOL at Jimmy Johnson ripping on Martz for his coaching. Yeah, what was the score of your last playoff game Jimmy? Oh yeah, you lost 62-7. :rolleyes:
Jimmy also has a FEW more Super Bowls under his belt than Martz too... I think Jimmy knows what he's talking about..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy also has a FEW more Super Bowls under his belt than Martz too... I think Jimmy knows what he's talking about..
Yes, but Johnson is totally overrated. He did a great job with Dallas, but did a poor job with Miami. Yet, everyone talks like he is some all-time great coach.

Big difference, Jimmy's team got its asses kicked. Team Martz should have won today. His coaching prowess brought defeat from the jaws of victory - again.

Yes, but Johnson is totally overrated. He did a great job with Dallas, but did a poor job with Miami. Yet, everyone talks like he is some all-time great coach.
If Johnson is SO bad, then why has the media been all over him for several years now about coming back? Don't think for one second that if he said he was available for hire, there wouldn't be several teams willing to go after him immediately...

Russian Bride Draft
only because you can't combine all the hooter threads into one :thumbdown:
:no: hooter thread gets lots of views..about 30K now...but only has around 800 posts. While the RBD also has 30K views, it has over 3000 posts....and I think was over 90 pages. All this in less than 2 months. RBD thread = biggest thread evah

The interesting thing to me about Martz is that his SYSTEM is obviously an excellent one (in that it has produced one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history since taking over the St Louis offense) but his actual gameday DECISIONS are awful. A curious dichotomy.

If Johnson is SO bad, then why has the media been all over him for several years now about coming back? Don't think for one second that if he said he was available for hire, there wouldn't be several teams willing to go after him immediately...
I didn't say Johnson was so bad. He just isn't THAT good. And if Martz was fired tomorrow, there would be teams lining up to try and hire him too.

I didn't say Johnson was so bad. He just isn't THAT good. And if Martz was fired tomorrow, there would be teams lining up to try and hire him too.
Johnson would not have lost this game. Period. Hiring Martz? Maybe as an OC....i don't know if there'd be a line trying to hire him as a HC though.

Russian Bride Draft
only because you can't combine all the hooter threads into one :thumbdown:
:no: hooter thread gets lots of views..about 30K now...but only has around 800 posts. While the RBD also has 30K views, it has over 3000 posts....and I think was over 90 pages. All this in less than 2 months. RBD thread = biggest thread evah
Everwars was actually longer(I won it BTW, FBGs Rule! :D )

Ok, that makes zero sense. You're not saying he's bad, but not that good. How many Super Bowls and successful teams does Johnson have to have before you say he's good? He won, what? Two with Dallas, and set them up for a third with Switzer? And he's not good...!? Ooooooooooook!As for teams "lining up to hire Martz" I can't help but laugh. They certainly wouldn't hire him as a head coach. OC, perhaps. Head coach? Not a chance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen the 17 pages of threads yet on what you all have said about this game, but here's my take..... if you are/were a Ram or Panther fan, you probably went through soooo many highs and lows over the last hour of the broadcast. As a fan of neither team, this had to be one of the best games in a long time. I think Martz is a bigger idiot than ever now as he went for the tie (over-time) too early. He should have taken a few shots for the win before he decided for the FG attempt. (reminds me of the Viking/Falcon game a few years ago when Minny wasn't aggressive). Also I really would like to know why he didn't use Marshall more often, especially early on when the game was close....dumb, dumb, dumb. Both teams tensed up in the OT but I'm glad I don't have to see the Rams anymore this year.

I half expected Martz at the press conference to start peeling off his face...wait, that's not really Mike Martz...omigod, that's Grady Little!

As a Charlotte homer, I still can't believe it. I'm in a dream-like state. But I don't feel happy for these sorry fans here as a whole. We have some of the weakest, wine and cheese caliber fans in the country. When you go to the games here, you're as likley to hear people talking about the stock market as you are football. Nonetheless, GO PANTHERS!

As a football fan, I would just like to thank the nfl for a truly entertaining playoff game. Really had zero interest in either team, but was yelling at the t.v. and coaching each team with all the enthusiasm I could muster.

Users who are viewing this thread