What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Vikings - History Channel*** (1 Viewer)

We come from the land of the ice and snow,From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming.

HISTORY original series premiering Sunday 3/3 at 10/9c :thumbup: The Previews look great.. DVR set. :popcorn:
Hate to brst your bubble snogger but this is about the ancient race Nordic conquerors that roamed the waters of the North Atlantic hundreds of years ago, not a National Football team that plays in a dome.
I'm part Norwegian so dang well know what this is about little one..;)The fact my favorite team happens to have the same name is icing on the cake.. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
So far so good, a pretty solid premiere, there could have been more action, but they set the show up pretty well for future episodes. I will definitely tune into the rest of this season.

I'd do the dude with the metallica hair's wifeI mean, if i were not concerned about he or she lopping of my head or anything

I stopped watching 2 minutes in when the Viking chucked the spear and nailed the guy running away. If he missed I would've continued.
I almost stopped there as well. Looked horribly fake. Rest of the show wasn't bad, but I couldn't honestly care less about what happens from here. Off the DVR queue.

Second half got better. Viking wife was hella hot. Gonna roll with it. Hard to have any major plot twists when you have to establish characters. Chieftan is a ahole. Brother is a backstabber. Wife can whoop some hiney. Son is being groomed for greatness. Loki is a mad genius. Main viking dood is ambitious. They got him hand to hand with the Chieftan in the next episode.They already have him getting rick style visions. The seer was pretty gruesome looking and interesting.

Second half got better. Viking wife was hella hot.

Gonna roll with it.

Hard to have any major plot twists when you have to establish characters.

Chieftan is a ahole. Brother is a backstabber. Wife can whoop some hiney. Son is being groomed for greatness. Loki is a mad genius. Main viking dood is ambitious.

They got him hand to hand with the Chieftan in the next episode.

They already have him getting rick style visions.

The seer was pretty gruesome looking and interesting.
I think the previews were for the rest of the season, not next week. Don't think that showdown will come so soon.I'm sticking with it. Some good setups for the future. At least worth one more episode.

SNOGS, please spell channel right, I'm going to kill myself if I have to look at that all series. I may even report you

Although not a lot of action I thought it did a good job of building up the series. Now that Ragnar has his boat and the lord knows of it I expect the action to build. :popcorn:

Second half got better. Viking wife was hella hot.

Gonna roll with it.

Hard to have any major plot twists when you have to establish characters.

Chieftan is a ahole. Brother is a backstabber. Wife can whoop some hiney. Son is being groomed for greatness. Loki is a mad genius. Main viking dood is ambitious.

They got him hand to hand with the Chieftan in the next episode.

They already have him getting rick style visions.

The seer was pretty gruesome looking and interesting.
I think the previews were for the rest of the season, not next week. Don't think that showdown will come so soon.I'm sticking with it. Some good setups for the future. At least worth one more episode.
:goodposting:

:shrug: to each his own. My daughter and I enjoyed the premiere and are looking forward to the 8 shows go come. :thumbup: Then again we are watching it more for the Vikings history and Ragnar's rise so maybe we are watching it differently then others.
:goodposting: I never expect too much from the first few episodes outside of character building and I liked the characters and the actors. The fact that they moved right into the action in the second episode was a bonus.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

It was nice to see Vladimir Kulich on this week's episode. Really liked him as Buliwyf in The 13th Warrior.
:yes: I wish they had worked the guy who played Herger (Dennis Storhoi) into the mix, he did a great job playing one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

Liking this show, though I'm not sure if I'm thrilled with the approach the guy playing Ragnar is taking. He's so understated I can barely hear what he's saying sometimes.

I liked the first episode enough to want to watch the second. Then the scenes came on and gave away basically the whole season.

I haven't decided if I care enough to watch on, but I care enough to complain.

Users who are viewing this thread