What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Officially Unofficial Week 17 FBG Kicker Contest!*** (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Greetings and salutations, fellow FBG Kicker haters!

Please note the topic title - getting an early start on this to give folks plenty of time to enter. This contest is for week 17 of the NFL season, not this weekend, week 16.

I've been meaning to do a contest this year, but (fortunately) business has been good, so spare time has been a little trickier to come by. But I'm taking a little time off for the holidays, and this way it also rewards the FBG grinders who are here 24/7, 365. Y'all are the lifeblood of this forum, and I appreciate every one of you even if we :pokey::rant::boxing::clyde:from time to time.

So, that all said, on to the contest!

Here's how it works:
  • Pick a kicker. He's your pony for the week.
  • Guess that kicker's total points, and longest FG kicked using decimal scoring. Example: 45 yard FG = 4.5 points, 37 = 3.7 points, etc.
  • For this 1st contest MPAT (missed point after touchdown) and MFG (Missed FG) = -1 point. Often these contests are decided by less than a point, so choose that K carefully, because 1 MPAT could kill ya! ☠️
    Note: blocked PAT or FG are not -1)
  • The predicted K entry to the contest who's guesses are closest to BOTH total points, and long distance will be the winner.
  • To qualify, your selected kicker *Must* make a FG.
Example:
Entry A guesses their K will have 16 points, with a long of 51.
Entry B guesses their K will have 17 points with a long of 49.

Entry A's K has 17 points (1) with a long of 50 (1) for a total differential of 2.
Entry B's K has 17 points (0), with a long of 45 (4) for a total differential of 4.

In this hypothetical, Entry A wins by having the smallest differential between both total points and distance (2) as compared to Entry B who's differential was 4.

Note: in the event of a tie, the tiebreaker is time-stamp, so get those entries in early for a leg-up on the competition, and do not edit your posts.

What's the prize? I'm glad you asked. My handle is "Hot Sauce Guy" because I make award-winning hot sauce; with a Grand Prize for Tasting Division at the 30th annual Fiery Food &; BBQ Show in ABQ, NM, and a sauce on season 9 of the hit show Hot Ones.

If you are the leading prognosticator, I will be sending a 4-pack of award-winning hot sauce AND a sweet fitted SnapBack hat to the winner, with no cost for shipping.

2nd place will receive a 4-pack of award winning hot sauce, also shipped for free, making this the best 2nd place prize in the history of this contest!

Is this some kinda shameless marketing schtick? Man, that's harsh. Why would you even ask such a thing? :sadbanana:
No. My hot sauce was on a show with 10M+ subscribers and Trevor Noah said it danced on his tongue like Fred Astaire. If I wanted to spend $ on marketing, I'd probably be doing a contest somewhere with a lot more folks than the couple dozen football heads who see this topic every year at FBG. I actually do sponsor a monthly podcast with tens of thousands of subscribers - so this is not what I consider marketing. It's more my way of giving back to the community I spend so much time with all year.

USA Shipping Only: You can absolutely enter if you're in Canada, or Germany, or Tanzania, or Guam, or wherever, you just have to ship to a friend in the US if you win. It is what it is.

Reminder #1: DO NOT EDIT your post. Because time-stamp matters for tie-breaker, you cannot have an edited post. Edited entries are DQ'd. If you change your mind (late week K injury, weather shenanigans, game cancellation, etc) simply delete your original post & post a new one. Easy!

Reminder #2: Don't forget to put the long-distance guess as well. You must venture a guess at BOTH the points total, and the longest FG from your K.

Entries lock 5 mins before the start of kick-off of the early Sunday games, week 17, New Years Day, January 1st, 2023.

Good luck everyone!

:hifive:

Go!

ETA: guesses must be greater than 0 points, 0 yards. Also, the kicker must be active at game-time, and must kick a minimum of 1 FG. This should all go without saying, but….yeah. :oldunsure:

Last edited:
Rodrigo Blankenship

0 pts with a long of 0 yards

After hosing me in the FBG contest he can redeem himself by winning me some hot sauce.
:penalty:

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

(User may still enter a valid entry)

:cry:

I read the rules carefully and thought I had a winner. Was expecting your post to be asking for a shipping address.
This is not the 1st time shenanigans have been attempted, nor will it be the last.
I respect the gumption.

But you’ll need to enter legit choice.

I have updated the official rules to reflect your shenanigans.

Rodrigo Blankenship

After hosing me in the FBG contest he can redeem himself by winning me some hot sauce.

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

I read the rules carefully and thought I had a winner. Was expecting your post to be asking for a shipping address.
This is not the 1st time shenanigans have been attempted, nor will it be the last.
I respect the gumption.

Rodrigo Blankenship

0.1 pts, 0.1 yards

Rodrigo Blankenship

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

I respect the gumption.

Rodrigo Blankenship

0.1 pts, 0.1 yards
Unpossible, so DQ’d.

Rodrigo Blankenship

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

I respect the gumption.

Rodrigo Blankenship

0.1 pts, 0.1 yards

Rodrigo Blankenship

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

I respect the gumption.

Rodrigo Blankenship

0.1 pts, 0.1 yards
Unpossible, so DQ’d.
You know a team can get shut out and the kicker gets 0 and 0. Just complying with your rules of greater than 0 and 0.

So should I PM you a shipping address now or after the week?

Rodrigo Blankenship

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

I respect the gumption.

Rodrigo Blankenship

0.1 pts, 0.1 yards

Rodrigo Blankenship

Shenanigans. DQ’d!

I respect the gumption.

Rodrigo Blankenship

0.1 pts, 0.1 yards
Unpossible, so DQ’d.
You know a team can get shut out and the kicker gets 0 and 0. Just complying with your rules of greater than 0 and 0.

So should I PM you a shipping address now or after the week?
I shall add to the rules that the kicker must make a FG to qualify.

It is implied, as there is a “long”, but your shenanigans persist, so I shall be more explicit.

Thank you for stress testing this contest - there will be no further shenanigans.

Thanks for doing this, by the way.

Well I don't necessarily know if you're by the way. But I assume you can't be too far from a way.
Technically right now I’m doing it in my living room. The Beatles wanted to do it in the road, but that’s another story for another topic.

And you’re welcome! I hope for a maximum of fun and a minimum of shenanigans (lookin at you, @BassNBrew :lol: )

Also, the kicker must be active at game-time, and must kick a minimum of 1 FG.
I know you're trying to close all the loopholes but ... Is it really necessary to specify that the kicker be active when it's already required that he kick a FG? 😄 I mean if somebody picks a kicker who is inactive but kicks a FG, I say they win.

I know you're trying to close all the loopholes but ... Is it really necessary to specify that the kicker be active when it's already required that he kick a FG? 😄 I mean if somebody picks a kicker who is inactive but kicks a FG, I say they win.
IT IS CLEARLY A WORLD OF SHENANIGANS!

I’m just living in it.

I’m just living in it.
It’s clearly a world of da man changing the rules and depriving da Bass of yummy hot sauce.

I’m just living in it.
It’s clearly a world of da man changing the rules and depriving da Bass of yummy hot sauce.
Always a hot sauce guy keepin a brother down.

Week 17
Cairo Santos will make FG's of 33 and 42 yards, along with 2 EP's. He will have no misses.
Total score - 9.5 points

Thanx HSG, and Merry Ho Ho!

Just so I understand, the winner will be the one whose kicker has the most points OR the entry with the lowest deviation from their guess? Or is it the most points out of the entries that tie for the lowest deviation?

I will defend my title and am tempted to use the same horse as last year (Butker) but have decided to give myself a chance all the way until the end of the week and go with Tyler Bass. His stats will be the following:

38 yd FG (3.8)
47 yd FG (4.7)
3 XPT (3)
1 MPAT (-1)

Total points; 10.5

Summary. Tyler Bass will have 10.5 pts with a long of 47 yds

*raises hand*

If a kicker makes only extra points (regardless of any missed FG attempts, his only makes are XP's), does the "Long FG yardage" register as 0 or 32?

Just so I understand, the winner will be the one whose kicker has the most points OR the entry with the lowest deviation from their guess? Or is it the most points out of the entries that tie for the lowest deviation?
The lowest deviation from their 2 guesses (points and yards)

See: example in OP.

Users who are viewing this thread