What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offseason Plans (Dynasty) (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
I'm going to trade Adrian Peterson. I think his numbers take a slight hit in the next few years

Would love to get Giovanni Bernard and 2015 First Rounder so I can pickup Gurley. :)

Anyone else have any plans or tips? Guys to trade for?

I'm going to try to trade for Floyd, Green (TE), and Allen. Julio Jones and Randall Cobb should come at a discount.

Going to try to move Chris Johnson as well. Bring in some youth + draft picks. If I could get Lacey and a 2014 First Rounder, I'd be stoked.

RG3 might be a 'buy' as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're several months late on all of these guys.

Many people have Bernard ranked above or equal to Peterson. During the offseason when people don't have a playoff run to worry about, when Peterson turns 29, and when Bernard is a 22 year old guy coming off a 1000+/8+ season with BJGE one year older that gap is only going to widen in favor of Bernard. You're going to have to find the right buyer to get Bernard straight up for Peterson, and I wouldn't be surprised if you had to kick the 2015 pick in on your end (I would reject Peterson/2015 1st if I owned Bernard and were offered it).

Similar story for the other guys. No one is going to sell Julio/Cobb low in the offseason. The time for that was when they got hurt. Once people have waited out their injury and let them sit on their roster all season they're not going to be looking to sell them low right when they finally are ready to get back on the field. Their value will be exactly what it was the week before they got hurt. That buy low window will be closed.

Floyd is a toss-up. He might still be able to be bought low, it depends on how he finishes. If he finishes with 1000+/5+ (very likely with 6 games remaining and him currently at 700/3), especially with rumors that FItz might be traded in the offseason and leave Floyd as the team's #1 WR, he's going to be a tougher buy than he was 2 weeks ago.

Current production is always devalued for youth and potential in the offseason. All of the guys you're describing here fit that mold, and the guy you're looking to sell fits the opposite of it. If you wanted to buy low on those guys or sell high on Peterson then the time was two months ago. Same story with Chris Johnson. You want to sell 29 year old productive guys with a year or two left for promising young guys. That's exactly the same thing that everyone else is looking to do in the offseason. That means if you're going to do it, you're going to have to buy high and sell low.

ETA: When I look at offseason buy lows I look at a guy like Roddy White. He's a young 32 (just turned 32 a few weeks ago) and I think a lot of people have written him off as 'career over'. He reminds me of guys like Welker/Wayne a few years ago, whom people were able to buy for almost nothing but have rewarded them handsomely for. I could see people getting 2-3 years of WR1 production out of White for a very cheap price.

I'm going to trade Adrian Peterson. I think his numbers take a slight hit in the next few years

Would love to get Giovanni Bernard and 2015 First Rounder so I can pickup Gurley. :)

I'm going to try to trade for Floyd, Green (TE), and Allen. Julio Jones and Randall Cobb should come at a discount.

Going to try to move Chris Johnson as well. Bring in some youth + draft picks. If I could get Lacey and a 2014 First Rounder, I'd be stoked.

No offense, but none of this is happening if you're in any kind of competeant league.

ADP for Gio + 1st? Chris Johnson for Lacy + a 1st? Move the 1st to the other side of both of those trades, and I'm still not sure the Gio/Lacy owners say yes.

Julio and Cobb are probably not going to come at a "discount" this off-season as the owner already held them through the injured period. There's no reason to think that either will be held back at all moving forward. The "discount" time was when they first got hurt, if those owners were trying to win this year.

Floyd is a top 10 WR by some. Green may not be super expensive, but he's certainly a name everyone knows, and there's a reason why his owner owns him, and those reasons are still valid.

I agree that Allen might be under-rated a bit. It's possible the RGIII owner is a little worried, but again, he already held him through the crappy time.

Just not very realistic IMO.

ETA: When I look at offseason buy lows I look at a guy like Roddy White. He's a young 32 (just turned 32 a few weeks ago) and I think a lot of people have written him off as 'career over'. He reminds me of guys like Welker/Wayne a few years ago, whom people were able to buy for almost nothing but have rewarded them handsomely for. I could see people getting 2-3 years of WR1 production out of White for a very cheap price.
Yep, I like it. He's entering the Reggie Wayne phase of his career where everyone expects him to be done, but he's not, and then that same thing happens for 3 more seasons.

Peterson is a sell

Roddy is a buy

Andre Johnson is a buy. People will be looking at the age and saying can't possibly keep it going but he is the perfect type of body/talent/commitment to keep going 2-3 years.

Yeah, that's about the most unrealistic OP I've seen in a while. Those trade ideas are going to get laughed out of the room.

If you are going to sell AP and/or CJ, now is the time to do it. You will be able to get more out of them from a competitive team now than what you will be able to get 2 months from now.

Half the fun of Dynasty is ripping people off. And I play in a Salary Cap Dynasty where each player is signed for "x amount of years" at a certain price; so in a vacuum it makes more sense.

Traditional dynasty leagues make it waaay too easy for teams to horde talent.

Half the fun of Dynasty is ripping people off. And I play in a Salary Cap Dynasty where each player is signed for "x amount of years" at a certain price; so in a vacuum it makes more sense.

Uh, if you're playing with owners you're capable of "ripping off", sure it's probably easy to horde talent.

Roddy could end up being more Eric Moulds than Reggie Wayne from a decline standpoint. Even last year Richard Sherman was talking about how the Falcons had to hide him just to get him open. And this year he has been pretty awful. I wouldn't give up much of anything for him.

My main league is a cap league too. Doesn't make those trades look much different to me assuming your cap league has a way to retain at least one maxed player an offseason.

I'm not the biggest Nicks fan, but I think he is a good buy-low target.
People have been saying this for the last couple of years. I don't get it. At what point do we stop ranking this guy in the top 25 or whatever receivers going forward? He's nothing more than a WR3 for fantasy, and not one you can rely on either. I wouldn't give up anything of any consequence for him.

I'm not the biggest Nicks fan, but I think he is a good buy-low target.
People have been saying this for the last couple of years. I don't get it. At what point do we stop ranking this guy in the top 25 or whatever receivers going forward? He's nothing more than a WR3 for fantasy, and not one you can rely on either. I wouldn't give up anything of any consequence for him.
Last off season, people still wanted WR1 prices for him. Now he can be had relatively cheaply. If I can buy a guy who is currently a WR3, who has WR1 upside, for WR4 prices, why wouldn't I?

Buy low, sell high, yada yada yada...

Salary cap =/= dynasty.

Almost every cap league is sui generis, and player values in those leagues don't necessarily translate to dynasty (or other cap leagues).

Not seeing that ever happening. I got Bernard and I wouldn't trade straight up for Peterson, let alone throw in a 1st rounder. He's only got a few years left. Bernard has 8+ left

I'll be trying to trade away Antonio Brown/Matt Forte/Ingram (if he goes to a new team) across my leagues. Not sure who I would be buying yet but I do love me some of these WR's in this draft class.

Eminence said:
Julio Jones and Randall Cobb should come at a discount.
In the offseason? Why? At the time they got hurt was the window to buy at a discount. In the offseason they're back to full price.

EBF said:
Roddy could end up being more Eric Moulds than Reggie Wayne from a decline standpoint. Even last year Richard Sherman was talking about how the Falcons had to hide him just to get him open. And this year he has been pretty awful. I wouldn't give up much of anything for him.
Didn't Roddy White badly burn Richard Sherman for a long TD in the playoffs? The thing about Richard Sherman is that he isn't very bright.

PatsWillWin said:
I think it might be time to sell Anquan Boldin high. Might try and get Zach Stacy + three 1sts.
I'm going to tray and move Tony Gonzalez this offseason. I'll ask for a first, but "settle" for two seconds. :moneybag:

PatsWillWin said:
I think it might be time to sell Anquan Boldin high. Might try and get Zach Stacy + three 1sts.
I'm going to tray and move Tony Gonzalez this offseason. I'll ask for a first, but "settle" for two seconds. :moneybag:
Gonzo wil probably pull another Favre and that will end up being a pretty good deal.

Hard to choose what's the best part of this thread of truly magnificent comedy. The OP, the bites or the ingenious addition of more trade suggestions. Every contributor should be proud, this here is gold. I've screen grabbed it and will use as desktop wallpaper

Hard to choose what's the best part of this thread of truly magnificent comedy. The OP, the bites or the ingenious addition of more trade suggestions. Every contributor should be proud, this here is gold. I've screen grabbed it and will use as desktop wallpaper
Can you print it off on tissue and use it for toilet paper?

Eminence said:
In the offseason? Why? At the time they got hurt was the window to buy at a discount. In the offseason they're back to full price.
Just like AP was undervalued coming off his ACL tear, c'mon man
Peterson lost value because he was an older guy coming off not only a bad injury, but a bad injury late in the season.

Julio/Cobb have 10 years left in the league. By the offseason their injuries this year will be only a footnote in their career. No one will be holding it against them like they were with a 27 year old running back who still hadn't even resumed jogging. It's not even close to comparable and no one that owns either of them will view it as such.

Eminence said:
Just like AP was undervalued coming off his ACL tear, c'mon man
AP's injury was (expected to be) much more devastating, he tore 3 ligaments, and happened later in the season. Teams that own Julio and Cobb have now been carrying them for practically a full season (or traded for them at a discount already).

Not happening.

So now Eminence has officially hit rock bottom. He used to be sincere in the Shart Pool, and (I hope) a troll in the FFA. Now he's just trolling everyone. Or is clueless, which I'd also believe.

Biggest buy low I can think of will be Tyler Eifert. Might be able to be had for a mid 2nd with the class that's potentially coming in. Hasn't gotten to show much this season, and had a couple drops against Baltimore I believe, but love how freakish he looks and with hopefully no Gresham next year, could be very good.

Biggest buy low I can think of will be Tyler Eifert. Might be able to be had for a mid 2nd with the class that's potentially coming in. Hasn't gotten to show much this season, and had a couple drops against Baltimore I believe, but love how freakish he looks and with hopefully no Gresham next year, could be very good.
Folks that paid a 1 for him won't be letting him go for a 2 this year. Neither will the ones that paid a 2 last year.

Eminence said:

Please tell me this is a poor attempt at trolling.

Folks that paid a 1 for him won't be letting him go for a 2 this year. Neither will the ones that paid a 2 last year.
I think you're right, but if ebron falls to the eifert owner's favorite team, you might manage a swap.

Agreed.

Not seeing that ever happening. I got Bernard and I wouldn't trade straight up for Peterson, let alone throw in a 1st rounder. He's only got a few years left. Bernard has 8+ left
Yet before the season, people had David Wilson ranked over Bernard. Hindsight is 20 /20.I play in a salary cap league. Anyone want to make a bet whether or not Bernard outscores Peterson next year?

I think Peterson has got the goods. Of course he's lost a step but this is still Adrian Peterson.

You realize that Minnesota's QB situation is a joke? They've started Ponder, Cassel, and Freeman.

How many games have they won? Can't get much worse for Peterson.

If you're all down on AP, I'll gladly snap him up at 1.02 - 1.05 in redrafts if he's no longer the undisputed King.

All it's gonna take is a decent QB or improved line and AP can have another monster season.

EDIT: I will gladly let AP retire on my team if no one else will pay to get him.

Yet before the season, people had David Wilson ranked over Bernard. Hindsight is 20 /20.I play in a salary cap league. Anyone want to make a bet whether or not Bernard outscores Peterson next year?

I think Peterson has got the goods. Of course he's lost a step but this is still Adrian Peterson.

You realize that Minnesota's QB situation is a joke? They've started Ponder, Cassel, and Freeman.

If you're all down on AP, I'll gladly snap him up at 1.02 - 1.05 in redrafts if he's no longer the undisputed King.

All it's gonna take is a decent QB or improved line and AP can have another monster season.

EDIT: I will gladly let AP retire on my team if no one else will pay to get him.
Your troll is so bad you can't even keep it straight. This is a dynasty thread and you are talking about taking him in redraft.

Your troll is so bad you can't even keep it straight. This is a dynasty thread and you are talking about taking him in redraft.
I'm talking about whatever pops into my head. If AP is that devalued in Dynasty, I'm sure it will carry-over to redraft.If not, why wouldn't you want Adrian Peterson? He has Top 5 upside for at least 3 more years, imo.

I think Bernard is good but he will never sniff the TD totals Peterson is capable of.

You win Leagues by having the guys who score the most points. Bernard's longevity is irrelevant to me.

By the time Peterson is washed up, I can find a replacement for him (Gurley).

Emincence you said have the fun of dynasty if 'ripping people off'?

Please explain?

You're just now talking about selling AP/CJ, I'm surprised competing owners aren't ripping YOU off. But we all know you're an elite dynasty owner.

Please explain?

You're just now talking about selling AP/CJ, I'm surprised competing owners aren't ripping YOU off. But we all know you're an elite dynasty owner.
Why would I sell them? They are both Top 10 Scoring RB in my league. I have a Playoff Spot clinched.Should I sell two-players who give me a chance at a title this year for future production?

That doesn't make any sense.

Want to know how I got CJ2K? I traded Lamar Miller and Ryan Mathews for him.

I don't get the Gio love around here. He's good but he's no superstar to build a dynasty around.
In PPR, he'll be a fringe RB1 for the next couple of years. Lots of weapons on that team though.

Not convinced he's a RZ threat. I'd rather bring a plodder in.

Please explain?

Why would I sell them? They are both Top 10 Scoring RB in my league. I have a Playoff Spot clinched.Should I sell two-players who give me a chance at a title this year for future production?

Well, you started a thread talking about selling them, sooooooooOooooooOoOooooooo... 0_o

Please explain?

Wait...YOU'RE the one who said you'd try to sell AP and CJ this offseason for ridiculous packages that everyone else laughed at--now you're asking why you'd trade them at all? Does not compute.Also, why do you constantly capitalize arbitrary words, and combine words with the "-" symbol that don't make sense? See bolded areas of your post. You are allegedly taking college courses. Do these strange habits that constantly crop up in your writing never get pointed out to you? They aren't typos, you do it constantly. And it takes extra time to type that way, which shows it's a conscious effort on your part. Where did our public education system fail you?

Please explain?

Wait...YOU'RE the one who said you'd try to sell AP and CJ this offseason for ridiculous packages that everyone else laughed at--now you're asking why you'd trade them at all? Does not compute.Also, why do you constantly capitalize arbitrary words, and combine words with the "-" symbol that don't make sense? See bolded areas of your post. You are allegedly taking college courses. Do these strange habits that constantly crop up in your writing never get pointed out to you? They aren't typos, you do it constantly. And it takes extra time to type that way, which shows it's a conscious effort on your part. Where did our public education system fail you?
Public education didn't fail him, his parents didn't love him enough. This is why he comes here and does this crap so he can get some attention.

Please explain?

Public education didn't fail him, his parents didn't love him enough. This is why he comes here and does this crap so he can get some attention.
Have you seen his work in the FFA? You have no idea how right you are:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=691472&hl=

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=695579&hl=

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=673008&p=16018680 (post #315)

Users who are viewing this thread