What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OK, my season has ended.... (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
For many of us, our fantasy season is ending with tonights game. A few will still play next week but the season is pretty much over now. So now what do you do? How do you go about your off-season, if there is one for you. Do you take some time off? Do you wait until the draft or after training camp starts? Or maybe you wait until pre-season games begin to get back into the flow. Will you hang around the boards and stay active with us?As for me, I will continue to follow what's happening all year. I won't spend as much time as I do beginning in July but I will keep up to date on what's happening. In fact I will likely do a draft in the WSL (Winter Survivor League) in a couple of weeks. :excited: What's your next move and what do you do during the off-season?

For many of us, our fantasy season is ending with tonights game. A few will still play next week but the season is pretty much over now. So now what do you do? How do you go about your off-season, if there is one for you. Do you take some time off? Do you wait until the draft or after training camp starts? Or maybe you wait until pre-season games begin to get back into the flow. Will you hang around the boards and stay active with us?

As for me, I will continue to follow what's happening all year. I won't spend as much time as I do beginning in July but I will keep up to date on what's happening. In fact I will likely do a draft in the WSL (Winter Survivor League) in a couple of weeks. :excited:

What's your next move and what do you do during the off-season?
I usually read more about non-sports related things. Luckily I am going to Italy for a week with no computer access (not easy access anyway) so that helps wean me off the game. Then the NFL playoffs start and I bet every game. But it's a tough transitional period for sure.

Well, I will probably just spend more time on the internet looking up other useless crap while I'm at work....

Hope to review this season some and prepare a general position list for next year for use in the WSL (if I am invited back?) Draft.Then focus on the playoffs and a really busy work schedule. Hope to get back into it around the draft for about a month.In May, I am retiring from the Air National Guard, my son graduates college, gets married and my daughter is expecting our first grandchild in June. Then a Hawaii cruise with my wife.Following the return to the mainland preparation for next year and hopefully our slow draft for the Reunion HTH league.Hope to see you next year in several survivors! Best of luck tonight against Radballs and Dillon. :pics:

In 2 weeks, I'll get all the guys from my main local league together, hand out the winnings and discuss next year over some beer and wings.Once we have all the league stuff taken care of, we'll start discussing/planning our yearly camping/canoeing trip that we take at the end of April. From now til then, that will be what we work on (figuring out what weekend we can all go, making sure we have all our gear ready, figuring out who all will be going, etc). Then, once we're there, we'll start discussing next year's ff season. It's a never-ending circle.

Hope to review this season some and prepare a general position list for next year for use in the WSL (if I am invited back?) Draft.

Then focus on the playoffs and a really busy work schedule. Hope to get back into it around the draft for about a month.

In May, I am retiring from the Air National Guard, my son graduates college, gets married and my daughter is expecting our first grandchild in June. Then a Hawaii cruise with my wife.

Following the return to the mainland preparation for next year and hopefully our slow draft for the Reunion HTH league.

Hope to see you next year in several survivors! Best of luck tonight against Radballs and Dillon. :pics:
You've got a very busy off-season. Congrats on retiring from the Guard and on your first granchild! That's way better than FF anyway!Thanks for the wishes. Rads has me in a tight bind at the moment and I'll need my D to come up big if I am to win my 4th champioship this weekend. I like his position a little better right now.

1.5 weeks of college bowl games5 weeks of HS recruiting leading up to LOI day on Feb 710 weeks of scouting leading up to the NFL draftA couple of months off to re-introduce myself to my wife and get a bunch of honey-do things done before it starts all over again. :yes:

I've got to hurry up and build a house in between working my regular job before training camp starts. With that said I'll spend any free moment I have gathering information.

Dynasty League time in the Pool :thumbup: :thumbup:
:goodposting: Our league will be having the "All-Star Dinner" at Railhead BBQ in another week that's when we start negotiating trades. My mission................get rid of Vick. But the fun is just begining.

2 of my auction leagues will have Restricted Free Agent actions in early February, followed by FA auctions in March, May brings the rookie draft - thats when things slow down dramatically.In my third league (1st year) the rules committe is going to stick our heads together after the Super bowl and see what needs to be tweaked for next year.Also I'll probably be moving sometime next year so that will take some preparation.And then there is Dynasty time in the Shark Pool!

Today is the beginning of taking a year off from FF. I already feel a huge sense of freedom. :)
You'll be missed in CHUG, FWIW I know exactly how you feel. Keep us posted on life without FF, I am too weak to quit.

While it's still fresh, a bunch of us are already discussing rule changes to make the league better. After we've hashed around a bunch of things, we'll start lighting up the league message board in the spring and spend lots of time debating the issues. Almost as much fun as playing.

Today is the beginning of taking a year off from FF. I already feel a huge sense of freedom. :)
Enjoy the time away. Keep what's important in perspective. We'll miss you but we'll be waiting when you're ready to return.PS-Are you going to some sort of FF training academy where you come out beefier and bulkier and kick sand in our face?

I'm ready to start doing projections for next year.Two-three players a day, adjusting as news comes out...and trying to avoid the hype.By doing projections early, I hope I can get a leg up on actual statistical models, instead of hype.

I'm ready to start doing projections for next year.

Two-three players a day, adjusting as news comes out...and trying to avoid the hype.

By doing projections early, I hope I can get a leg up on actual statistical models, instead of hype.
:thumbup: to those of you who start looking at the 2006 right away. I play in dynasty leagues and I get back into it once the NFL draft is here. I need a break.

I'm ready to start doing projections for next year.

Two-three players a day, adjusting as news comes out...and trying to avoid the hype.

By doing projections early, I hope I can get a leg up on actual statistical models, instead of hype.
Screw projections, I mean a real auction. I always thought it would be fun to have a league where ALL the players were free-agents and you bid on them throughout the year, even college players.The auction method would have to be a proxy auction like they have at MFL and in the off-season a player could remain up for auction for a week. That way in the off-season you only have to check in on who's up for bid once a week and it wouldn't be a time drain at all. I would think there would be lots of add/drops in the off season as players retire/get traded/sign elsewhere/get drafted to better or worse teams than were predicted. I've always been interested in it but I don't think many other people are. Maybe "any".

This board is really interesting in the offseason when you don't get so many knee-jerk reaction posts to what just happened in the last game.

I end my reign as 2004 Super Bowl Champ, and hand the reigns over to someone else.But now I know the draft order for next year, and am working out a trade to present as soon as our Pro-Bowl is over next week. :D I still have a few weeks of maintenance on updating our league website with all of the history from this year. I also have to write up the commish awards.Will be starting playoff fantasy football soon...have to get all of the scoring spreadsheets all set for the league.Plenty to still do FF wise! :D

Users who are viewing this thread