What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One Album. Three Consecutive Songs. (Link ‘em) (1 Viewer)

There are a couple of Todd albums I may throw in here - but the first is from the 1974 album "Todd".

This falls into the category of "introducing new music" because when most think of him (if they do at all) - they think of "Hello It's Me" or something else in that vein.  

This is a nice mix of stuff that you may expect and not expect from him.  Dreamy, sad ...but guitar solo and then some f'n rockin'/jammin' numbers.  

Give it try. 

The Last Ride (live) ...studio version is tighter but love this

Everybody's Going To Heaven/King Kong Reggae

Number One Lowest Common Denominator
Todd according to Mr Carlin. 

Sorry, could not resist 😉

I am not the biggest U2 fan but that trio inscrutable 

My personal preference from the same album would be:

Bye Bye Love

Moving in Stereo

All Mixed Up.

Might be my favorite 3 songs to close out an album.  Not a fan of MBFG.  :shrug:  
Funny, I was thinking:

You're All I've Got

Bye Bye Love

Moving in Stereo

And now for something completely off the rails (warning not politically correct and probably NSFW) 

Flip Wilson

* starting at 16:57 *no track breakouts so no way to link to the right spot 

Christopher Columbus 

Kids 

Cheap Hotel 

I was going to post Killers tracks but got too lazy to pull the record out. These are utter, um, killers of songs, though. 
This was the right decision. I opted against posting them because All These Things I've Done needed to be included in any of my Killers submissions, but then I'd have needed to include Somebody Told Me  :X

The Springsteen submission on page one was much...MUCH better than this. I'm guessing I could come up with dozens of better sequences too. I want to say I'm disappointed in you, but you do love the 80's so since you're schtick game is on point I'll allow it.
It’s not necessarily my favorite Bruce album but those 3 songs are pretty undeniable imo. Just pure radio friendly Bruce hits. Also the rare 3 great closing songs. Seems like the 3 song runs are typically the first three songs on an album. 

No way to really encapsulate their broad material, especially in the studio, but if new to the Dead, you can go with the first three off American Beauty:

"Box of Rain"/"Friend of the Devil"/"Sugar Magnolia"

At least gives some diversity, with Phil/Jerry/Bobby all taking their turns on lead vocals here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, someone do the same with Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Cause I quit.
I've been following this topic since it was first posted.  I'd don't claim to be any kind of musical aficionado, but for many years I've told anyone who would listen that I think Pearl Jam has one of the best three consecutive song groupings off any album.  I don't expect many to agree with me on this, and that's fine, but I'm posting this as my genuine answer to the question raised by the OP.

Backspacer (Tracks 5-8)

Just Breath

Amongst the Waves

Unthought Known

It's not uncommon for me to tear up at some point during one of these songs.  Not out of sadness or loss, but because I find them so inspirational and touching.  Thanks for starting this topic, if only because it gave me another opportunity to listen to these great songs again.

J

It’s not necessarily my favorite Bruce album but those 3 songs are pretty undeniable imo. Just pure radio friendly Bruce hits. Also the rare 3 great closing songs. Seems like the 3 song runs are typically the first three songs on an album. 
I agree with you that those 3 fit for mass appeal purposes, but I think Bruce himself has better closing stretches. Page one's submission sticks out like a sore thumb - Incident/Rosalita/Serenade. Side 2 of Born To Run as well - extend to 4 songs and it's Title Track/She's The One/Meeting/Jungleland. And while I won't make an argument for side 4 of The River I did think about it.

I also much...MUCH prefer 70's Bruce to 80's. The 3 you plucked out is the right stretch for those that prefer that version of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the right decision, but I'll admit I had two three song sets from Freedom written down and opted against hitting submit reply because you needed to be the one to list the correct sequence.
No More / Too Far Gone / Rockin in the Free World was certainly a contender for me as well. 

I almost went with Welfare Mothers / Sedan Delivery / Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)

Not gonna futz w links but my Nirvana submission is the three Meat Puppets songs on MTV Unplugged, 10-12

No More / Too Far Gone / Rockin in the Free World was certainly a contender for me as well. 

I almost went with Welfare Mothers / Sedan Delivery / Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)
If electric Rockin In The Free World opened it I'd have gone it/Crime In The City/Don't Cry but since it didn't this is the correct one I had written down.

zamboni said:
Iron Maiden

Put the needle on side 1, song 4 ("22 Acacia Avenue"), flip the album and listen to "The Number of the Beast" and then  "Run To The Hills" to lead off side 2.
 As great as Run to the Hills is, you could tweak that 3-song run to finish with The Number of the Beast and begin with The Prisoner. :headbang:

Ilov80s said:
Off the top of my head and (I don't think but I was skimming a bit) mentioned yet

Arcade Fire: The Suburbs

The Suburbs

Ready to Start

Modern Man

I love that record, but Modern Man is probably the one average dud on there, so I think just about any 3-some on the record that doesn't include that song is far better. 

Users who are viewing this thread