What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One VERY SERIOUS and ACTIVE Manager Needed (1 Viewer)

Jacob G.

Footballguy
I thought I had this whole league figured out in December. I got 14 guys. I told them how the league would work and had them all agree that they would be active and serious managers.

But of course, when I e-mailed everyone the invite, there was that one guy who never responded. That one guy who even after agreeing to the league, simply did not respond to my e-mail. I had no choice but to kick him out.

So now, I'm doing something that I was trying to avoid doing. I'm looking for a manager...in June. I'm a guy who likes to get things done ahead of time, especially if it's something I care about. And I care about fantasy football. Believe me. I've been doing mock drafts since January. And now I'm here, on a fantasy football forums site, looking for a manager...in June. *Gulp*

Listen up. The name of the league is Best of the Beast and it will be played on nfl.com. It will be scored using the standard nfl.com scoring system that you can find here: http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/nfl-scoringsettings. The settings will be standard except for two things. 1. There are no ties. 2. The waiver request order will not be reset every Tuesday to reflect the order of the standings. Instead, when a team makes a waiver pick up, they will automatically be put to the bottom of the waiver order.

There are no divisions involved and the top six teams after 13 weeks of play will move into the playoffs, which will be held during weeks 14, 15, and 16.

I'm still working with other league members to determine a draft date, but it looks like it will be held on either Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday during the week that starts on August 11 and ends on August 17. These aren't ideal dates for because most teams will have either played only one or two preseason games, but everyone's schedule has forced a draft on these dates. The draft will be held during the evening hours, probably somewhere around 9:00 PM EST, even though this is still all unofficial.

What I'm looking for is a guy who:

• Will attend the draft
  • Will set their lineup each and every week
  • Will respond to my e-mails within 24 hours
  • Has played fantasy football for long enough that they know how everything works
  • Will be active in the discussion boards (Optional but preferred)
  • Is a fun guy for everyone to interact with (Optional but preferred)
The thing that scares a lot of people away is that this league is 100% free. There is no money involved. The winner does not get anything but the joy of beating 13 other hard working managers.

However, I can almost guarantee you that if your heart is in this league and you love fantasy football, you will have fun. This, in my opinion, is a great group of guys who all have their own unique personality, and I believe that the mixture of these personalities with create entertainment and enjoyment for all.

At the risk of sounding arrogant and rude, I'm not just going to just let anybody play. You need to tell me why you deserve to by responding to this forum. I don't want to sound mean, but I deeply care about this league and about fantasy football in general, and I don't want anyone to ruin it.

If you are interested in joining, tell me why. Respond to this forum, and leave your e-mail. I will pick the person who sounds like they will be best addition to the league, and e-mail them back. If no one sounds that cool, well, than I may not pick anyone at all.

I'm looking forward to this league. It's sure to be quite a battle between 14 guys, and I cannot wait to be part of the action. In fact, some of these guys are starting to scare me. The amount of time they're putting into this is a bit startling. I better start another mock draft. Don't want to look bad on draft night.

Have an awesome day,

Jacob

Jacob: there's a god chance that you'll find what you're looking for. This forum is filled with guys & gals that love the game.

So here's my pitch to you.

I am also enthusiastic about ths thing we call Fantasy Football. Like yourself, I recognize how hard it can be to find an owner that is "the right fit". I'm trying to do the same myself Ina league I've formed. To sell myself for your league I'll use the "Constitution" I authored (with the help of a Football Guys template) for my league. It's the best way I can think of to display that I'm *not* a flake. Here's the link:

http://football32.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=76081&O=73

If you think I might be a good fit shoot me an email at aagro12@gmail.com. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

~Aagro

PS: If, after reading through the constitution, you find yourself intrigued about my league let me know. Judging from your well thought out post, you seem like the sort of owner I'd like to have on board.

Users who are viewing this thread