What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One World: Together At Home - Saturday Concert/Stream (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
With about half the threads on this board lately about music, I thought I'd start a post on this and see who's watching tomorrow/start a place for discussion on it. 

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/connect/togetherathome/

Some massive names in there regardless of whether it's classic rock (paul mccartney, rolling stones, stevie wonder, elton john), pop (lady gaga, taylor swift, celine dion, J-Lo, kesha), R&B (lizzo, pharrel, usher) new rock (billie eillish, the killers), punk/grunge(billie joe armstrong, pearl jam), comedy (amy poehler, jack black, jimmy fallon, jimmy kimmel, stephen colbert) or movie stars (matthew mcconaghey, samuel l jackson), country (kasey musgraves, keith urban).

Did anyone watch this?
It was on in the room I was in but I was listening to other things. Only took my earbuds out to hear Paul McCartney and the Stones. Stones great. Paul not his best.

Was expecting Salt of the Earth from the Stones, but remembered they did that at the Concert for NY. YCAGWW was a nice notice to those struggling to do what is sensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good intentions but with 3 hosts and tons of guests and sponsors and everyone remote I’d say calling it scattered is being kind. Can’t blame them for trying though....

Wasn't good. I thought the Disney singalong show on Friday was better and I'm not into Disney movies or Disney songs.

The hosts...I find Fallon so much funnier than either Kimmel or Colbert. Colbert might be the most unfunny guy on tv. 

Lady Gaga....whether you like her type of music or not, she has an incredible voice.

Stevie Wonder.....even at 108,  he sounds as good as ever.

Sir Paul McCartney....the years are catching up to him. Could have been someone old guy at church or someone’s uncle.

Kacey Musgraves...hard to hear the singing over the piano at first. Nice voice once she got going.

Elton John...sang outside...not great imo, but found it hilarious that the basketball hoop and balls were brand new. Clearly props for whatever reason.

Maluma....never heard of him, but he had a good voice....all Spanish. 

Chris Martin...apparently he started this whole thing...they didn’t show the whole song. 

Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello...quality duet of the Louis Armstrong classic, Wonderful World.

Beyonce....spoke about the effect on African Americans....didn’t sing anything. 

Eddie Vedder....went with the piano for this performance and had no less than a dozen candles going. Voice was good.

Lizzo....may be one of the best voices currently in the business. 

Alicia Keys....also went the African American route....also didn’t sing. 

Rolling Stones....performed “together” in different locations. Jagger sounded much better than McCartney did. 

Keith Urban...probably put in the most time with three of him singing together. I’m generally not a fan of his, but he sounded fine. 

Burna Boy...again, someone I had never heard of. Sounded like an African dialect, mixed with reggae music. Good performance.

Oprah....Talked about South Africa...not sure why she singled them out. 

Jennifer Lopez....clear, crisp, beautiful voice.

John Legend and Sam Smith....A duet via Skype or some other steam....the both have good voices and the performance was without incident. 

Billie Joe Armstrong....along with Legend and Smith, he seems to show up on all of these tribute shows. The performance was fine, nothing special.

Billie Eilish and her brother. Again, someone I’ve seen on several of these shows. Nearly every time, her voice is too quiet.

Pharrell Williams.....talked about kids not being at school....did not sing. 

Taylor Swift...while hugely popular, her voice is not great. 

Pianist Lang Lang, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli and Lady Gaga perfomed a wonderful song to close out the show. Legend also had a small part. Dion was the star of the performance imo. 

The hosts...I find Fallon so much funnier than either Kimmel or Colbert. Colbert might be the most unfunny guy on tv. 

Lady Gaga....whether you like her type of music or not, she has an incredible voice.

Sir Paul McCartney....the years are catching up to him. Could have been someone old guy at church or someone’s uncle.

Kacey Musgraves...hard to hear the singing over the piano at first. Nice voice once she got going.

Elton John...sang outside...not great imo, but found it hilarious that the basketball hoop and balls were brand new. Clearly props for whatever reason.

Chris Martin...apparently he started this whole thing...they didn’t show the whole song. 

Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello...quality duet of the Louis Armstrong classic, Wonderful World.

Eddie Vedder....went with the piano for this performance and had no less than a dozen candles going. Voice was good.

Rolling Stones....performed “together” in different locations. Jagger sounded much better than McCartney did. 

Keith Urban...probably put in the most time with three of him singing together. I’m generally not a fan of his, but he sounded fine. 

Burna Boy...again, someone I had never heard of. Sounded like an African dialect, mixed with reggae music. Good performance.

John Legend and Sam Smith....A duet via Skype or some other steam....the both have good voices and the performance was without incident. 

Billie Joe Armstrong....along with Legend and Smith, he seems to show up on all of these tribute shows. The performance was fine, nothing special.

Billie Eilish and her brother. Again, someone I’ve seen on several of these shows. Nearly every time, her voice is too quiet.

Pianist Lang Lang, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli and Lady Gaga perfomed a wonderful song to close out the show. Legend also had a small part. Dion was the star of the performance imo. 
And Fallon agrees with you. Nobody cracks Jimmy up as much as he cracks himself up. It was his most irritating trait on SNL and it continues to be true.

Yep

F****** can't stand him

Maybe it's his constant workouts but it was incredible how much better he sounded than Elton and Paul - and he was a much worse vocalist that either in their youths.

Users who are viewing this thread