What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Online Ratings/Review of Companies - who do you trust? (1 Viewer)

Unlucky

Phenom
I'm having a hard time searching for answers as I can't quite seem to get phrasing right, I guess. I'm looking for reviews on the companies that review online companies. For example, there is a company, trustpilot.com, that collects reviews of online shopping experiences. The online shops pay trustpilot, who then emails people that made purchases asking them to review the online shop. Not review the product itself, but rather the online shop from which they bought the product. I'm really trying to investigate how solid trustpilot.com is for handling reviews and whether online shoppers care about or trust the reviews generated. What other options are there instead of trustpilot.com? Does anyone trust online reviews of companies anyway, given the ability to write fake reviews and such?

My end goal is to improve the trust factor for new visitors to PhenomsFF.com, my company. I was approached by trustpilot and it all seems good, but I'm still not sure about using them. Having a hard time finding competitors to them or good info about the whole "customer review" industry.

Thanks ECB.

Dan - I certainly don't mean for this to be spammish, although I can see how it appears that way. Note my registration on this board. I've been posting at Footballguys forever, although not as often now as I used to.

I've never heard of trustpilot. I can't think of any similar sites that I'd give any credence to. (There are some for restaurants, but for general online shopping, or for fantasy football sites, I can't think of any.)

A lot of these companies make the online store/website pay to collect reviews. If the site registers as a member they will remove bad reviews without much prodding.

Also once a site gets a lot of reviews the companies like reseller ratings basically blackmail them and raise their monthly fee. If the member cancels the account they will remove the reviews.

It's a huge scam, I've heard of sites starting at 19.95 a month and once they get a lot of reviews having the monthly fee raised into the thousands.

I wouldn't trust resellerratings at all. Trust pilot likely has the same model.

I'm having a hard time searching for answers as I can't quite seem to get phrasing right, I guess. I'm looking for reviews on the companies that review online companies. For example, there is a company, trustpilot.com, that collects reviews of online shopping experiences. The online shops pay trustpilot, who then emails people that made purchases asking them to review the online shop. Not review the product itself, but rather the online shop from which they bought the product. I'm really trying to investigate how solid trustpilot.com is for handling reviews and whether online shoppers care about or trust the reviews generated. What other options are there instead of trustpilot.com? Does anyone trust online reviews of companies anyway, given the ability to write fake reviews and such?

My end goal is to improve the trust factor for new visitors to PhenomsFF.com, my company. I was approached by trustpilot and it all seems good, but I'm still not sure about using them. Having a hard time finding competitors to them or good info about the whole "customer review" industry.
:o

Last edited by a moderator:
rudnarski i wanted to say good game for the bills on sunday you sure kicked the crap out of the pack all right it was not fun to watch but i am happy for bills fans i sort of always liked the bills anyhow and liked buffalo to take that to the bank brohan

Users who are viewing this thread