What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Owens an Eagle?!?! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovumcraig

Footballguy
WIP in Philadelphia is reporting that the Eagles are currently working on a contract extension for Terrell Owens. The 49ers and Eagles have agreed in principle to a trade of Billy McMullen and a 2nd round pick for Owens. Once a contract extension is announced, the deal will be finalized

I heard the same thing second hand.... i wonder if this prompts some of our boys to come back for less to get a chapionship? Or is this just hopeful?

I heard it was a 3rd rd and McMullen...is it up to a 2nd rd now? This was supposedly what was being reported on the west coast - that a deal in principle was reached between SF & Philly.

Any Eagles homers want to give a brief scouting report of McMullen? He may be of some value in certain deep dynasty leagues.

Why would SF take a 2nd or 3rd when Upshaw was going to give them the 33rd pick overall? That doesn't make sense. It has to be a 1st (please).

Why would SF take a 2nd or 3rd when Upshaw was going to give them the 33rd pick overall? That doesn't make sense. It has to be a 1st (please).
If this is true, they got something when they should have gotten nothing. Don't be greedy.

Because no one in the NFL, or the NFL itself, was going for giving the 33rd pick to SF. That proposal was DOA because Upshaw doesn't have any authority to give anyone anything. The price for Owens was suppose to be a high level pick. Of course, TO would want an extension of some sort because he was suppose to be a FA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the 49ers can't afford to pay another 1st round player due to "salary cap hell". :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Any Eagles homers want to give a brief scouting report of McMullen? He may be of some value in certain deep dynasty leagues.
Scouting report:Couldn't beat out Thrash/Pinkston/Mitchell for playing time.Played in 5 games, caught 1 pass for 2 yards.Very, very slow.End of scouting report.

Last edited by a moderator:
6-4 receiver out of Virginia. Good hands, holds a bunch of school receiving records. Little bit taller but could turn into a Jimmy Smith type receiver in a couple years.

If the Eagles get off without giving up a first, that's robbery.
Again, that depends on how you look at it. A couple of weeks ago, the guys was a free agent and could have been signed by anybody for nothing.

Not trying to be greedy, just didn't make sense to me. Also, hearing that the Ravens are putting an offer together as well. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Again, that depends on how you look at it. A couple of weeks ago, the guys was a free agent and could have been signed by anybody for nothing.
yeah but there should be other teams out there with better offers, IMO.Guy is worth a #1, not sure how the Niners don't have leverage...they have TO on their roster, they don't have to do anything.

Not true any team that signed him had to give up a third I believe.

He has nice hands, and the Eagles seemed to like him a lot. I've seem him at camp and he doesn't seem like he'll be anything special, but could be a ok number 3 NFL WR.

all i remember about mcmullen is he cost the eagles a chance to win the game in dallas when he got hit in the head with a pass cause he failed to turn around and look for the ball.

yeah but there should be other teams out there with better offers, IMO.Guy is worth a #1, not sure how the Niners don't have leverage...they have TO on their roster, they don't have to do anything.
Everyone knows the 9ers don't want him he doesn't want to be there, so if the can't trade him at all they will just cut him. Also not every team could have him because he is going to demand a huge contract.

B/c they are probably aware of two important things:1) TO could win his grievance, team gets nothing.2) If they don't take the offer, no other team will trade for anything higher b/c they know TO won't play for the Niners - the team gets nothing.Ninerfan - I explained to you yesterday that the 33rd offer was not made by the league - that Donahue "dismissed" the report b/c it was from Upshaw of the NFLPA, who can't offer anything except a handjob to the Niners - Upshaw's reaction seems to me a clear indication that the NFLPA dropped the ball in notifying TO's agent re: the Feb. 22 date.It is highly questionable whether the NFLPA can alter the terms of TO's contract with the team, and then drop the ball on notifying TO's agent, and get away scott free.

First of all, should the Niners NOT trade Owens soon, there is a chance Owens could fight the decision and eventually be granted free agency with no compensation for the SF.Rather than take that chance, the Niners are looking to act quickly and get what they can for Owens. Is there a chance they could get a first round compensation pick? Sure. But there's also a chance they get nothing and still lose Owens. OR even worse, get stuck with having to KEEP owens who doesn't want to be there.Regarding McMullen, he is awful. He drops more balls than he catches and is not as quick or as strong as he needs to be off of the line. The only thing he looked good at doing was drawing pass interferences against the defense. I watched him play in the preseason and early in the year. HE CANNOT CATCH THE BALL! Easy balls....right in the chest....CANNOT CATCH.Owens for McMullen and a 3rd (even a 2nd) is a great deal for the Eagles.

I heard the same thing second hand.... i wonder if this prompts some of our boys to come back for less to get a chapionship? Or is this just hopeful?
it's probably just hopeful, but hoping along with you. if troy vincent would stick aound, i'd be one happy fbgal.

Owens would have been a total free agent had he voided the final 3 years on time, so nobody would have to give up a draft pick when they signed him. However, the NFL would have given the niners a compensatory draft pick for losing him--probably a third-rounder, never the 33rd overall pick. And the Niners have leverage only as long as teams are bidding against each other for Owens' rights. The Niners don't want him or his salary and if Philly were the only team interested, they could easily get TO for a third round pick, and more likely a 4th. Baltimore is what's driving up the price.That being said, I'd never give up a first-round pick for TO. I'd give it up for Justin McCareins before TO.

Len Pasquarelli just completed a live chat on ESPN.com and had this to say:

Bill (Woodbury, NJ): ESPN Insider has a Terrell Owens and Philly deal all but done. It seemed that talks were ongoing as we speak with San Fran willing to accept draft picks and now it just being a matter of working out the financials. Any truth to this?

Len Pasquarelli: (2:06 PM ET ) I wouldn't term the deal done. But certainly the Eagles are right in the middle of it. Right now, the two top players are the Eagles and the Ravens. The big benefit for the Eagles is that they have a first round pick and Baltimore does not. The deal could be done in the next day or two. Clearly with the addition of Jevon Kearse, Philly is deonstrating it is tired of just getting to the NFC championship game. The good news for the Eagles is they have more than enough cap room to take on Owens' contract as-is and without having to sign him to a new deal right now.

LINK

Jaws and Gary Papa are both reporting that the Eagles have a deal for T.O. for a second and third round pick to be announced tomorrow pending the players association dropping his bid for free agency
Gotta put up da link. NO link its on the TV>

Damn. I was hoping for the long shot signing here, but I guess he won't be coming to Oakland... Ah well, you can only hope.If it is between Philly and Balitmore, I really hope that he signs with Philly. Owens talents would be wasted on Boller. McNabb to Owens is going to be amazing to watch.

Howard Eskin (WIP) reports Owens is asking for 20 million bonus and more money that Randy Moss and has become a REAL long shot.

Ahhhhhhh, the beauty of the rumor mill. What's funny is that TO has no prayer of getting that kind of money from anyone and, thanks to his agent being a complete imbecile, he doesn't even have the chance to find that out for himself.

Ahhhhhhh, the beauty of the rumor mill. What's funny is that TO has no prayer of getting that kind of money from anyone and, thanks to his agent being a complete imbecile, he doesn't even have the chance to find that out for himself.
I just said that in the other thread :)

TO is now a Raven, having been traded to Baltimore for the 51st pick in the draft. The Ravens now have no picks in the first or second round, interesting. Closing this down as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread