What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

p0Le: What if the Cardinals Win? Where does it rank? (1 Viewer)

Ranking versus other "greatest upsets ever"

• Biggest Upset Of All Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #2 All time

• #3 All time

• #4 All time

• Fifth biggest SB upset or lower

• Total voters

SeniorVBDStudent

Footballguy
After the Giants SB victory last year, there was some discussion of where that upset ranked in all-time SB upsets.

Opinions vary, but concensus may be:

1. The Namath Guarantee

2. The Silence of The Rams

3. 18....and 1!!!

ASSUMING the Cardinals pull the upset, does it supplant the "top 3" and if so where does it rank. I'm torn between voting 4 or 5 on this one....

I think it would surpass "18 and 1". Arizona did not end the season well and no one would have predicted them as able to beat the Steelers when the playoffs started, while many would have said the Giants could beat the Patriots simply because they had just played and NY gave NE a whale of a game.

I think it would be outside the top 5. In addition to the three you mentioned, there is Superbowl IV, Chiefs over Vikings (Vikings 12.5 point favorite, public still not sold on AFL), Superbowl XXXII, Broncos over Packers (Packers 11.5 point favorite, NFC on a 13 game SB winning streak and previous Bronco disasters in the SB), and Superbowl XXV, Giants over Bills (Bills 8 point favorite, Bills beat Giants in the regular season and coming off 51-3 win in AFC Championship game, Giants playing with backup QB). I think at least one if not all three of these were bigger upsets than this would be.

I don't think Arizona winning would necessarily be among the biggest upsets, but I do think an Arizona win would make the Cards among the very worst teams to ever win the Super Bowl.

I don't think Arizona winning would necessarily be among the biggest upsets, but I do think an Arizona win would make the Cards among the very worst teams to ever win the Super Bowl.
We could argue whether this AZ team could beat other past champs, but no champ has ever had more losses.

A decent case can be made...

1. Most losses ever

2. +1 point differential on the season

3. 2-4 in the last 6 weeks - only wins over Seattle and St. Louis (2nd and 4th worst teams this year)

4. League's 28th best defense

Users who are viewing this thread