What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers CB Al Harris Could Miss Rest Of The Season (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
This would be a gigantic blow to the Packers if true.

From RotoWorld:

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post has learned that Packers CB Al Harris could be lost for the season with a ruptured spleen.

This is the same injury that knocked Chris Simms out in 2006. Harris is 33 now, but still arguably a top-five cover corner in the league. His backup at left corner is third-year undrafted free agent Tramon Williams.

Source: National Football Post

When they said last night he was peeing blood I knew it wasn't just cramps.

At 33 this is probably it for his career maybe.

Bad news for me since I am a Packer fan.

This could have a huge impact on the defense. Green Bay has based their defense on Woodson and Harris being very physical defenders against opposing WR. I honestly don't know much about Williams so I am not sure if he can fill that role. If not, they may have to rethink how they have their corners play defense and thus their entire philosophy. I sure hope Williams can step up so this does not have to happen.

ruptured spleen = not good

We all saw what Chris Simms had to go through. If this is accurate we've seen the last of Al Harris as a difference maker in the NFL.

:kicksrock:

What really sucks is that it was his own guy that did it to him, IIRC.

Someone whiffed on a tackle (Hawk?) and ran into Harris instead.

This is a very tough break for Harris. But it does open the door for the young guys.

At 5' 11" 191, Williams isn't as much of a physical presence as Harris. However, he is a pretty good cover guy. Tackling, not so much. My guess is the scheme doesn't change all that much with Williams in there.

I also wonder if we'll see more of Will Blackmon. At 6' and over 205, Blackmon is very physically gifted. He's just never been healthy.

Regardless, as long as Jarrett Bush is nowhere near the starting lineup, I think they'll be OK.

This could have a huge impact on the defense. Green Bay has based their defense on Woodson and Harris being very physical cheating defenders against opposing WR. I honestly don't know much about Williams so I am not sure if he can fill that role. If not, they may have to rethink how they have their corners play defense and thus their entire philosophy. I sure hope Williams can step up so this does not have to happen.
fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

This could have a huge impact on the defense. Green Bay has based their defense on Woodson and Harris being very physical cheating defenders against opposing WR. I honestly don't know much about Williams so I am not sure if he can fill that role. If not, they may have to rethink how they have their corners play defense and thus their entire philosophy. I sure hope Williams can step up so this does not have to happen.
fixed
:goodposting: Nice call from the guy flying that Viking flag. As a Packer fan I still contend that Cris Carter pushed off on every single play he ever played in a Viking uniform.

fixed
Bernard Berrian is rubbing off on his fans :goodposting: They don't even know proper grammar....

NOW it's fixed

By the way- how's 1-2 looking? How about your QB? Your RB seems to be banged up already at week 3... Someone tell him the season isn't just half way over, he's got another 13 to go?

Through all the tough losses GB has taken over the years and will take in the future years, I just remember that at least I'm not a Vikings fan. Nothing could be worse (Except DET or CHI I guess). Regardless, must be hard seeing your team suck every year, not to mention play in an inferior stadium... Have fun watching GB in the playoffs, OOOOOkie DOOOOkie?

Regardless, it's been said real well- as long as J. Bush isn't starting GB should be okay. We could see the young rookie more this season as a result, which would be fun to see. He could be a starter next year (Harris is done for his career if he's out for the year I would imagine) unless we go out and grab a nice CB in the FA market... Asomugha!? Terrance Newman!? TT isn't one to spend outside his own marketplace, so I doubt it, but it's nice to wish :wall: They definitely have the money!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread