What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Parmele waived by Dolphins (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
So what now? Does he land on a new team? Practice squad? He had a good bit of value after most rookie drafts and this obviously is a big hit to it.

Ricky and Ronnie both look good relative to expectations about them heading into this year.

Parmele likely didn't know blitz pickups or pass patterns well enough to play as a 3rd down back or something, and so I'd suspect that the team needed to clear space on the roster to fill in for an injury or something like that. I don't follow the Dolphins enough to know what moves they might need to make in that regard though.

Me neither. Wow. Any insight from anyone on this move?
DAVIE - Rookie running back Jalen Parmele wasn't able to penetrate a crowded backfield so the Dolphins released him Wednesday to make room for some reinforcements in the trenches.Parmele, a sixth-round pick out of Akron who showed plenty of burst in the preseason, had been inactive the first three games. It's possible the Dolphins will re-sign him to the practice squad if he goes unclaimed by any other team.

In addition, the Dolphins cut tight end Drew Atchison off the practice squad and signed undrafted rookie tight end Joey Haynos to the 53-man roster. Haynos, a 6-foot-8, 270-pounder out of Maryland, was on the Packers' practice squad on Monday when he got the call from the Dolphins. He caught 68 passes for 687 yards and four touchdowns for the Terrapins.

"I need work as a blocker, but I have come a long way the last couple of years,'' Haynos said. "I got a text message in a meeting Monday. I'm hoping for a chance to play. I got to get used to [the South Florida heat].''

Related links

Eyeing the NFL: Follow new Dolphins TE Joey Haynos in his quest to make an NFL roster

Joey Haynos Photos Haynos played on every special teams unit for the Packers in preseason.

"Haynos is a young tight end that we really thought a lot of, a guy that could really help us as we get going here, as a pass catcher,'' Sparano said.

The Dolphins also signed 6-4, 310-pound Matt McChesney to take Atchison's spot on the practice squad. McChesney played defensive tackle at Colorado where he had 123 tackles and 11 sacks.

"Good linemen we want to take a look at inside. Pretty tough guy, smart guy, fits a lot of the qualities we like,'' Sparano said.

Originally signed as an undrafted rookie by the Rams in 2005, he spent most of the last two seasons on the Jets practice squad where they converted him to the offensive line.

"It doesn't matter where I play -- right guard, left guard, center,'' McChesney said.

Parmele was buried on the depth chart behind Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Patrick Cobbs, and even fellow sixth-round rookie tailback Lex Hilliard - who was cut on Aug. 30 and then signed to the practice squad.

Link

Most likely making room for Joey Haynos, TE off the Packers practice squad that the Dolphins signed this morning. Haynos has amazing hands and is a beast after the catch. Miami got a steal.

Seattle? He played nearby in Idaho in college, right? And they already lost Forsett.
He was a Toledo Rocket. Looking at his combine and college production, I would think somebody would pick him up. How long is a player on waivers? I would assume Miami will try to re-sign him for the practice squad if nobody claims him? Someone explain this process, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this caught me off guard. I thought Parmalee had a chance to start for the Dolphins by mid-season. There must be some serious behind the scenes things that occurred with him in Miami....I don't see how the most productive pre-season RB on your team gets inactivated for the 1st 3 games (especially since neither Ricky nor Brown did anything in 1st 2 weeks) then waived after week 3. I think I'm still going to hang onto him on my dyansty team a while longer to see where he lands (most likely back on Miami's practice squad).

Man this caught me off guard. I thought Parmalee had a chance to start for the Dolphins by mid-season. There must be some serious behind the scenes things that occurred with him in Miami....I don't see how the most productive pre-season RB on your team gets inactivated for the 1st 3 games (especially since neither Ricky nor Brown did anything in 1st 2 weeks) then waived after week 3. I think I'm still going to hang onto him on my dyansty team a while longer to see where he lands (most likely back on Miami's practice squad).
Brown and Ricky look like at least a halfway decent 1-2 punch that is improving as their line improves. Your expectations about what a 6th round RB would do were a bit inflated, don't you think?

Brown and Ricky look like at least a halfway decent 1-2 punch that is improving as their line improves. Your expectations about what a 6th round RB would do were a bit inflated, don't you think?
He must have confused him with this guy: http://www.nfl.com/players/bernieparmalee/...ts?id=PAR592296You know how Parcells likes to bring back oldies but goodies.

Haynos was one of my favorite TEs in this draft. He'll grow into a more prominent role. Maybe a better football player than fantasy guy, but understandable why they went after him.

Users who are viewing this thread