What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Parris Campbell, PHI (1 Viewer)

I plan to hold him until about week 4. If he's not getting any targets, while being healthy, I'll almost certainly cut him for a waiver-wire pickup. He has every opportunity to succeed now, it just depends on his body being able to take play at the NFL level. 

He has shown flashes of talent.
Getting targets while healthy won't be the problem.  Staying healthy is the problem.  He's made of glass.  I hope he turns the corner this year, but my patience is done.

Parris Campbell (foot) said he's 100 percent healthy and has been a full participant in offseason workouts.

Campbell appeared in just 6-of-17 games last season but was able to return for a Week 18 goose egg, playing with screws and a plate in his foot. Just being out there was a win for him headed into an important offseason. Campbell has missed 34-of-49 games to severe injuries as a pro and is headed into the final year of his rookie deal. The Colts have yet to re-sign T.Y. Hilton and only added second-round WR Alec Pierce behind Michael Pittman. If healthy, which is a big "if," Campbell has another somewhat easy path to playing time for the Colts.

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

May 18, 2022, 2:04 PM ET

I still have him on IR.   He's like going to be draft casualty to clear room for others. I'd like to hang on to him but my WRs are loaded.    AJBrown Justin Jefferson, Waddle, DJ Moore, CGodwin, Laviska, Rondale Moore, Parris Campbell.  If I can move some surplus acquire dynasty targers ie. top 5 QB in Superflex, KPitts, TE  I'd be good and have more room.  I has have 5 of top 16 picks. So I will need to clear space. 

The Indy Stars' Joel A. Erickson reports Parris Campbell caught 8-of-24 Matt Ryan throws in practice.

Stat lines from OTAs might be the peak of offseason reporting, but it is helpful to know that Campbell is healthy and running with the first team. The former second-round pick has only appeared in 15 games since 2019. Campbell is electric with the ball in his hands, and if Ryan is going to look his way often, the speedy receiver could be a consistent fantasy option. If Campbell stays healthy and takes on the role of starting slot receiver for Indy, he has the potential to be a big-time YAC producer. 

SOURCE: Joel A. Erickson on Twitter

Jun 1, 2022, 2:05 PM ET

He's a fine late round eh see what happens pick.

He's bordering bust status (imo) because soo many touted humans the results haven't been much. 

Now though, a real easy boom bust late pick setup perfectly for FF. Who doesn't consider cutting their 19th round guy in week one waivers? Week two? I really like the setup of drafting him super late.

Always good to remember that every player that has some flash to their game will do well in OTAs. Give it minimal credit in your rankings

I think he had the talent to stick as a fantasy asset if not for the injuries.  For a late round flier, I will take injury plagued as long as all of the original talent / speed is still there.   I do wonder if we're getting something more like 95% of what he was, which probably won't be enough to matter.   I have to think the injuries have taken some toll by this point.

If all of the speed/ burst is still there, I'm interested.      

The Athletic's Zac Keefer reports that Colts WR Parris Campbell has been running exclusively with the first team offense during minicamp and has been "featured extensively."

It will remain buzz until it shows up on the field and Campbell is able to stay healthy, but it bears repeating once again that the Colts lost Zach Pascal to the Eagles this offseason and didn't really replace him. If T.Y. Hilton remains away from Indianapolis, Campbell could very well be a major target for the Colts. This is likely Campbell's last real shot. 

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jun 19, 2022, 2:44 PM ET

Ive liked his skillset for years - its all health related.  Dude cant stay on the field.  He has all the opportunity in the world though so if you can grab him for cheap why not.  He gets hurt cut him - if he stays healthy though he could have some solid upside.  

ESPN's Mike Wells considers WR Parris Campbell one of the "offseason standouts" for the Colts.

Campbell repped with the first-team offense at OTAs, starting opposite Michael Pittman in two-wide sets. Indy's coaching staff is high on second-round WR Alec Pierce and there are rumors they may look to add a veteran before training camp. A strong offseason from Campbell at least has him in the mix for a role if he stays healthy. Campbell has missed 34 games to injuries his first three seasons. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jul 1, 2022, 7:36 PM ET

Got him as a "throw in" on a deal ...  I got the roster space to hold him but I also picked up Rookie WR Alec Pierce

So I guess I have insurance!  

Picked him up for a tick over league minimum in my auction league.   He either plays and he's my wr5/6 or he gets hurt and I can drop him.

Gally said:
Deja vu all over again from every other year he has been in the league
So does that make this year a good year to own him?  Or was it last year?  I lost track of when he was actually on the field..... 2019 when at Ohio State? 

So does that make this year a good year to own him?  Or was it last year?  I lost track of when he was actually on the field..... 2019 when at Ohio State? 
He has never been on the field in the NFL.  He does however have great reports for every training camp he has been in the NFL.  It's just short lived as he can't make it past week 2 of the regular season. 

Colts.com's JJ Stankevitz noted, "Parris Campbell and Matt Ryan have shown a strong connection during the early days of Colts training camp."

Cambell told Stankevitz that the crossing routes he runs from the slot are "Matt's bread and butter." Nearly every Colts beat reporter has had something good to say about Campell this offseason. He was reportedly connecting well with Ryan dating back to OTAs and is running with the first team in camp. Injuries have cost the speedy receiver 34 games since he entered the league three years ago. If things keep going his way in camp, Campbell could be a solid value as someone Ryan looks to for easy completions and yards after the catch.

SOURCE: Colts.com

Jul 29, 2022, 5:24 PM ET

Parris Campbell was on the field for all 13 of Matt Ryan's snaps in Saturday's preseason finale against the Bucs.​

Ballyhooed rookie Alec Pierce was on the field for 8-of-13. As Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke points out, it was Pierce who had the two-wide set advantage in preseason Week 2, but Campbell closed with the upper hand. Five snaps in a meaningless preseason game are not much to go on, of course, but Campbell is clearly going to have a big role in what should be a better offense after the healthiest offseason of his career.
SOURCE: Pro Football Focus
Aug 27, 2022, 11:51 PM ET

Colts.com's JJ Stankevitz noted, "Parris Campbell and Matt Ryan have shown a strong connection during the early days of Colts training camp."

Cambell told Stankevitz that the crossing routes he runs from the slot are "Matt's bread and butter." Nearly every Colts beat reporter has had something good to say about Campell this offseason. He was reportedly connecting well with Ryan dating back to OTAs and is running with the first team in camp. Injuries have cost the speedy receiver 34 games since he entered the league three years ago. If things keep going his way in camp, Campbell could be a solid value as someone Ryan looks to for easy completions and yards after the catch.

SOURCE: Colts.com

Jul 29, 2022, 5:24 PM ET
Well, certainly no injury risk running crossing routes. Let's keep the hospital balls to a minimum, ok Matty?

I have grabbed him/pierce as combo pieces in a few best balls. You can grab them extremely late and why not.

It may pan out, trying a few different strategies to diversify my best balls this year.

I've always been interested in him because he had Michael Thomas comparisons coming out of college, but beyond the injuries and lack of production and all these new WRs jumping in and producing from Day 1. Hard prospect to get behind

Went with the rookie Alec Pierce instead... 7, 2, and 6 games played in his first three seasons doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Campbell.

Parris Campbell was held without a catch in the Colts' Week 2 loss to the Jaguars.

Campbell's lone target came at the 6:29 mark of the fourth quarter. He was also called for offensive pass interference in the red zone in the fourth frame, and was the intended target on Matt Ryan's third interception. Not exactly a day to call home about with Michael Pittman and Alec Pierce both sidelined. Campbell was a feel-good summer story because he finally stayed healthy, but he has only three grabs for 37 yards through two games, one in which he was the No. 1 receiver from a snaps/routes perspective. 12-team leaguers probably need to move on.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Any reason at all to continue to hold this guy in dynasty? Flashes of talent continues to fool folks year after year but it might be time to just cut bait.

Any reason at all to continue to hold this guy in dynasty? Flashes of talent continues to fool folks year after year but it might be time to just cut bait.

Was just dropped in my dynasty league. Trying to pick him up as he seems a slightly better stash than the last receiver on my bench, but this seems bench size dependent

Was just dropped in my dynasty league. Trying to pick him up as he seems a slightly better stash than the last receiver on my bench, but this seems bench size dependent
The Colts are in a bad place right now. I don’t know if they can snap out of it.

The Colts are in a bad place right now. I don’t know if they can snap out of it.
Also add that Frank Reich appears to be a below average coach, both technically and with motivation.

True, fairly deep league though so can certainly hold throughout the season to see if he can stay healthy for a sustained period (and IR if not) and see what happens

Parris Campbell caught 7-of-11 targets for 57 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 6 win against the Jaguars.

Long buried in the fantasy football graveyard, Campbell in Week 6 emerged as Matt Ryan's No. 2 target behind Michael Pittman (16 targets). Ryan peppered his short and intermediate pass catchers with targets from start to finish, and connected with Campbell on a short touchdown in the first half. Campbell had seen more than three targets just once since Week 1, so it remains unclear whether he'll continue as Ryan's main underneath target. Ashton Dulin (foot) on injured reserve could open up enough snaps and pass routes to make Campbell relevant in deeper leagues. He gets the Titans in Week 7.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Parris Campbell caught 10-of12 targets for 70 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 7 loss to the Titans.

Indy's offense couldn't get much going, but their newfound approach of throwing mostly at or near the line of scrimmage worked out well for Campbell. His 12 targets led the Colts and were good for a 27 percent target share. With scores in back-to-back weeks, Campbell has doubled his career touchdown total in his past two games. As long as Frank Reich continues to coddle Ryan with quick throws to shallow pass-catchers, Campbell should be viewed as a WR3. He gets the Commanders in Week 8.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Dude does nothing for years and as soon as I, and presumably many others, drop him he decided to remember how to play. Ugh.

Parris Campbell caught 2-of-5 targets for 15 yards in the Colts' Week 9 loss to the Patriots.

Campbell's 15 yards weren't far off Alec Peirce's team-leading 23 or Michael Pittman's 22 in a horrible day for the Colts' passing game. The entire offense is struggling badly with Sam Ehlinger at the helm but Campbell in particular seems to be a bad fit for his skill set. He is best left on benches in Week 10 against the Raiders.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Parris Campbell caught 7-of-9 targets for 76 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 10 win over the Raiders.​

With Matt Ryan surprisingly back under center, Campbell picked up where he left off in Ryan's recent starts, posting a new season high for yardage. It was Campbell's third straight Ryan start where he found the end zone. Campbell's score was a 35-yarder where he simply housed a slant, reminding of his big-play ability. Campbell is probably the biggest beneficiary of Ryan's return at the expense of Sam Ehlinger, but it will be difficult to bet on any Colts pass catcher in Week 11 against the Eagles' elite defense.
Nov 13, 2022, 7:52 PM ET

Giants signed WR Parris Campbell, formerly of the Colts, to a one-year, $3 million contract.

Another $4 million are available through incentives. Campbell joins the Giants after a career year, posting a 63/623/3 line on 91 targets as the Colts' No. 2 receiver. 2022 was the first full season for Campbell, who was limited to 15 games his first three years due to injuries. With only Isaiah Hodgins returning and Wan'Dale Robinson and Sterling Shepard coming off injuries, there's a clear path to targets for Campbell if he can stay healthy. Campbell should open 2023 in a top-three role.
SOURCE: theScore.com
Mar 16, 2023 at 12:56 PM ET

Giants WR Parris Campbell received some reps at running back at the team's minicamp.​

We are begging Twitter to avoid talking about Campbell playing the "Deebo Role" in 2023 at this time. While Campbell seeing snaps at running back is certainly interesting -- especially when you consider the ongoing situation with Saquon Barkley -- it feels like there's little to see here at this time. Campbell joined the Giants on a one-year contract after spending his first four seasons with the Colts, where he missed 34 games over that span. Campbell finally enjoyed a healthy season in 2022, posting career-highs as a receiver (63-623-3), and has a chance to earn a role with the Giants this offseason. While he may see some occasional touches out of the backfield, we wouldn't anything significant enough to move the needle from a fantasy perspective.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Jun 15, 2023, 11:44 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread