What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patrick Chung (1 Viewer)

Patrick Chung is listed as the starting FS for the Patriots now. He was suppose to be a tackle machine out of college and I think this is the time to acquire in all leagues. What's the general thought on this guy?

Top five potential.

It's worth doing a search for Chung in this forum. There's been lots of talk about him since the draft last year. There's some discussion in the training camp blog thread and I've been pushing him in most of the subscriber content this summer, as well as some extended discussion in a podcast we recorded last night which should be released sometime today.

Top five potential.It's worth doing a search for Chung in this forum. There's been lots of talk about him since the draft last year. There's some discussion in the training camp blog thread and I've been pushing him in most of the subscriber content this summer, as well as some extended discussion in a podcast we recorded last night which should be released sometime today.
i've read your subscriber info on Chung. i was excited about the guy last year, and hopefully the light turns on for him this year. He's available in most IDP leagues (or was)

Jene Bramel said:
Top five potential.

It's worth doing a search for Chung in this forum. There's been lots of talk about him since the draft last year. There's some discussion in the training camp blog thread and I've been pushing him in most of the subscriber content this summer, as well as some extended discussion in a podcast we recorded last night which should be released sometime today.
:lmao:

Ye..i saw one acticale here where it says he has 80 tackle potentiel....drfated him last year ..so i hope he breaks....most reports are sying he will...

Ended up with him as my DB1. Bell, Delmas, Weddle, Pollard, and a few others were gone. I went Chung and Bethea back to back, added Morgan Burnett and Earl Thomas later in the draft. DB is a stonger position for my team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drafted Chung as my #1 DB last night. Got some strange looks but I was pretty happy to snag the guy in the 16th round of our draft.

Big potential, as this guy was drafted to replace Rodney Harrison - in position, attitude, and general skill set. The only issue I see from an IDP standpoint is that Meriweather has one of the safety spots locked down, leaving Chung to battle it out with James Sanders and Brandon McGowan for the other spot. The Pats have always loved Sanders, and if you recall, McGowan had his moments last year. That being said, I think Chung gets the bulk of the snaps, with an increasing workload as the season goes on. In keeper leagues, I would highly recommend him.

Ended up with him as my DB1. Bell, Delmas, Weddle, Pollard, and a few others were gone. I went Chung and Bethea back to back, added Morgan Burnett and Earl Thomas later in the draft. DB is a stonger position for my team.

I drafted Bethea but have the opportunity to pick up Chung. Should I go ahead or stick with Bethea? (1pt/tackle, .5pt/assist, 2pt/sack, 4pt/interception)

Agreed with all the above. If things fall right he is in store for a monster year. Funny thing is, I have him in my league we run on CBS Sportsline and they have this new "assistant GM" gimmicky tool. The advice it gives me is:

"Chung, Pat DB NE is not worth keeping on your roster."

:D

CBSSportsline is funny and I think 10 of our 12 owners regard it as the bible. So when I took Chung as my DB3 (we start two), I was roundly mocked because "he isn't even the starter". We'll see.

CBSSportsline is funny and I think 10 of our 12 owners regard it as the bible. So when I took Chung as my DB3 (we start two), I was roundly mocked because "he isn't even the starter". We'll see.
[understatement]1st half looks pretty good [/understatement]

Guys like this are the reason I subscribe every year..

IDP From The Gut coming through again! Thanks JB

I started Chung :thumbup: Just wanted to say that.

Of course props to the great info found on these forums :D

I swear I could project points as well as the morons at Yahoo, he was projected for 5 points in my point structure... He put up 52

Last edited by a moderator:
I panicked and dropped him for a backup QB (Orton).... wish I would have dropped Richard Marshall in hindsight... doubt I'll get him back.

Man... I should have listened.

I started him in two leagues. Went up against the Yeremiah Bell owner in one and he texted me "whoever this Chung guy is, he's killing me." :unsure:

He and Patrick Willis and Trent Cole teamed up to (likely) pull out a major win for me despite an anemic offensive showing. The guy I am likely to beat texted me asking how I found about this Chinese guy I am beating him with...he was serious.

Not only did Chung rack up the tackles, he was laying serious lumber yesterday in run support. He had a couple of shots on Benson that were teeth rattling.

Kid is a baller.

I'll add my name to the list of people who are really glad they are FBG subscribers and listen to the podcasts. I dropped Quintin Mikell for Chung based on the recommendations I read/heard. Very glad I did.

Chung was a BEAST.. exceeded my already high expectations of him! Thank you FBG!!

Now I can only hope Eric Berry does the same for me Monday night!

I had Landry AND Chung in my lineup and will never look back.

tonka said:
I'll add my name to the list of people who are really glad they are FBG subscribers and listen to the podcasts. I dropped Quintin Mikell for Chung based on the recommendations I read/heard. Very glad I did.

Chung was a BEAST.. exceeded my already high expectations of him! Thank you FBG!!Now I can only hope Eric Berry does the same for me Monday night!
DITTO! I have Chung and Berry in my lineup this week too. I couldn't pry Landry from the Skins homer who drafted him, but I guess 2 out of 3 will do... John Norton & Company: :rant:

Chung was a BEAST.. exceeded my already high expectations of him! Thank you FBG!!Now I can only hope Eric Berry does the same for me Monday night!
DITTO! I have Chung and Berry in my lineup this week too. I couldn't pry Landry from the Skins homer who drafted him, but I guess 2 out of 3 will do... John Norton & Company: :loco:
I start 4 dbs in my league... Chung, Delmas, Adrian Wilson, and Flowers.... Needless to say, I had a good DB week.Had a lot of wierd looks when I drafted Chung... Thanks to FBG

Is Chung playing this week? Looks like he's really close to returning, but no confirmation yet... He has a really good matchup this week against Washington!

Users who are viewing this thread