What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots are now a Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pink

Footballguy
Why this isn't a post yet surprises me. Breath easy Pats fans, we can finally call it what it is...a dynasty! I still give the nod to the Cowboys of the 90's as the ultimate dynasty, as they went to 4 confrerence championship games during their incredible run. I also give love to the Steelers of the 70's for their four championships in 6 years. However, the Pats can now, at least, lay claim to being mentioned in the same breath with those great teams.My hat is off to the Eagles for a great game. TO exceeded all expectations, McNabb had a heck of a game, save for the turnovers, and the D was solid. A great game played by two great teams. Philly fans should be proud.I just have to :) . It's been a great ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Missing the playoffs means they aren't. Sorry. Cry all you want, but "dynasties" don't miss the playoffs during their run. Period.Colin

Yep, anyone arguing it at this point is an idiot. congrats to the Pats and their fans, they are on one hell of a run.
See my post. They are DEFINITELY having a great run, but a team that is "great" of DYNASTIC proportions takes care of business all the way. missing the playoffs in 2002 undoes their claim.COlin

I've read this same argument from you in other threads. I'm not on board with it, sorry. Even if they had went 0-16 in 2002, winning the 2001, 2003 and 2004 SBs means they are a dynasty.

Why this isn't a post yet surprises me. Breath easy Pats fans, we can finally call it what it is...a dynasty! I still give the nod to the Cowboys of the 90's as the ultimate dynasty, as they went to 4 confrerence championship games during their incredible run. I also give love to the Steelers of the 70's for their four championships in 6 years. However, the Pats can now, at least, lay claim to being mentioned in the same breath with those great teams.My hat is off to the Eagles for a great game. TO exceeded all expectations, McNabb had a heck of a game, save for the turnovers, and the D was solid. A great game played by two great teams. Philly fans should be proud.I just have to :) . It's been a great ride.
I couldn't disagree more. Not about the fact that the Pats are a dynasty, I don't think anyone can dispute that. What I disagree with is the part about "I can't believe there's not a post about this." I have heard the term dynasty at least 50 times just TODAY. It's been all over every type of media known to man. Is it really that important to put labels on everything? They're good. That's all that needs to be said. Can we move on to the dismantling now?

Nope. Missing the playoffs means they aren't. Sorry. Cry all you want, but "dynasties" don't miss the playoffs during their run. Period.Colin
This shtick is getting old.

I understand where you're coming from Colin. I remember reading the sig bet from last year. You're not a Pats fan, and that's fine. But 3 titles in four years? That's only been done once before, and has never been topped. It is what it is.

That's crazy talk. I don't like that Pats but they are absolutely a dynasty. 3 out of 4 Super Bowls is as good as anyone's ever done in a 4 years span. Come on man!

Yep, anyone arguing it at this point is an idiot. congrats to the Pats and their fans, they are on one hell of a run.
See my post. They are DEFINITELY having a great run, but a team that is "great" of DYNASTIC proportions takes care of business all the way. missing the playoffs in 2002 undoes their claim.COlin
not in this era

Colin, think long and hard. We know you don't like the Pat's, but you undermine your own credibility with statements like that. I respect a lot of what you write, but get over it. The cold hard facts are staring you in the face. :wall:

CollinCredibility :thumbdown: You are really shaming the reputation of FBG staff members knowing everything there is to know about football.

Seriously, it's not like they missed the playoffs with a losing season. They went (I believe) 10-6 that season and missed out due to tiebreakers in a VERY tough division. I didn't check my numbers but I think I'm close. If they'd have coughed up a fur ball that year I could see the argument a little clearer. As it stands, it just sounds weak.

They certainly are.3 Super Bowls in 4 years - only done by ONE other team. (Bears and Packers did in prior to the Super Bowl though)Longest consecutive wins in regular season and playoffs.Belichick has the highest playoff winning percentage going right now.That's a dynasty.Pretty impressive in this day of the salary cap too....Yet I wouldn't rank these Patriots players with those of the Steelers, Niners or Cowboys teams from their championship runs. They are fundamentally sound and coached very well.

Generally, by the time it's generally accepted there's a dynasty, it's time is generally up.Generally.

Pats were 9-7 and tied for the Division title but lost on the tiebreaker to the Jets in 2002. Brady had an excellent year leading the NFL in TD's but the defense was unusually weak especially against the run.

You can certainly consider them a dynasty. The first of the FA/salary cap era. Very impressive. But threads that question whether this team could beat other dynasty teams are silly in my opinion. Too much of a talent gap.

Seriously, it's not like they missed the playoffs with a losing season. They went (I believe) 10-6 that season and missed out due to tiebreakers in a VERY tough division. I didn't check my numbers but I think I'm close. If they'd have coughed up a fur ball that year I could see the argument a little clearer. As it stands, it just sounds weak.
9-7. Beat Miami the last game of the year making them both 9-7, and they both got knocked out by the Jets and Browns who were also 9-7.

OK, I was in the ballpark, numbers-wise. I do recall that they started out very shaky that year and were coming on as the season wound up. It was very disappointing to miss the playoffs that year. And I do remember how horrible they were against the run that year. :X

LOL. Listen to the resident experts on dynasties. I will make sure to tell all my fellow Pats fans that "Colin Dowling" said this isn't a dynasty. I am sure that will mean a lot.Give it up Terd.

Yep, see his post, he is the idiot that you are talking about. He wanted to make sure you knew.

Nope.  Missing the playoffs means they aren't.  Sorry.  Cry all you want, but "dynasties" don't miss the playoffs during their run.  Period.Colin
My name is Colon Dowling and I am clueless. :popcorn:

This is awesome. All you little lapdogs coming around for milk. Here's the best part: I could care less what any of you think about my comments. Truth is, you guys had your minds made up long ago. Good. Enjoy it.But know this: I think your team is a great team, but they aren't a dynasty. Not yet anyway. Enjoy your Sam Adams tonight. There's at least one person, ME, who still hasn't been sold.LOL AT ALL OF YOU.Colin

SOoooo...If the Pats win 9 of 10 they are still not a dynasty because of that one year?Nice logic.

I understand where you're coming from Colin. I remember reading the sig bet from last year. You're not a Pats fan, and that's fine. But 3 titles in four years? That's only been done once before, and has never been topped. It is what it is.
Its actually been done by the PAts and the Cowboys, IIRC, both of whom also made the playoffs in their off years. Get a fact checker.Colin

This post is 40 minutes old, there are 22 some odd posts, and 15 or so members viewing. My one question...where's MacDaddy???C'mon Mac. :popcorn:

CollinCredibility :thumbdown: You are really shaming the reputation of FBG staff members knowing everything there is to know about football.
Good post Cochise. His posts are becoming unreadable, good guy to have on the staff.I don't mind differing opinons but be a little objectionable. This guy has had a hard on against the Patriots for about 3 years now, he needs new material.

If he is a staff member, doesnt he have to report to someone? Where is his boss? Shouldnt he be coming in here and locking or deleting this thread to pretend it never happened.Isnt he weakening the brand that Joe Bryant has worked so hard to build up by making idiotic statements? Please for the love of God, someone from the Staff come in here and save this guy from himself.

SOoooo...If the Pats win 9 of 10 they are still not a dynasty because of that one year?Nice logic.
My logic is solid. They misssed the playoffs in 2002. Deal with it.Colin

If he is a staff member, doesnt he have to report to someone? Where is his boss? Shouldnt he be coming in here and locking or deleting this thread to pretend it never happened.Isnt he weakening the brand that Joe Bryant has worked so hard to build up by making idiotic statements? Please for the love of God, someone from the Staff come in here and save this guy from himself.
For a guy that regularly posts stuff that everyone laughs at (and not because its funny), you sure talk the big talk. :P

Personally, I have always said that the dynasty talk is meaningless. It needs to be considered after some time has passed. But this sour grapes whining cracks me up.

This is awesome. All you little lapdogs coming around for milk. Here's the best part: I could care less what any of you think about my comments. Truth is, you guys had your minds made up long ago. Good. Enjoy it.But know this: I think your team is a great team, but they aren't a dynasty. Not yet anyway. Enjoy your Sam Adams tonight. There's at least one person, ME, who still hasn't been sold.LOL AT ALL OF YOU.Colin
:rotflmao: Taking whining to a new level.

Nope.  Missing the playoffs means they aren't.  Sorry.  Cry all you want, but "dynasties" don't miss the playoffs during their run.  Period.Colin
My name is Colon Dowling and I am clueless. :popcorn:
Be a man next time and keep your original post. I could respect that a lot more.Colin

Personally, I have always said that the dynasty talk is meaningless. It needs to be considered after some time has passed. But this sour grapes whining cracks me up.
I have said and will continue to say, that the Pats are the best tema of the last decade. Its no skin off my teeth to realize that they are indeed an awesome group, from top to bottom.I just think we lavish the term "dynasty" much too easily.Colin

Ohhhhh.... Kaaaaay. Seems there are some unfriendly feelings brewing. It's late, been a long day, people are tired. Let's let everyone have their right to an opinion without being called names. Message boards are for freedom of opinion, right? C'mon now, loosen up a little everybody.Hey, look >>>> Smilies! :D :excited: :lol: :P :D :excited: :lol: :P Feel better now?

Be a man next time and keep your original post. I could respect that a lot more.Colin
Who cares what you respect you are a clueless moron. :popcorn:

Good post Cochise. His posts are becoming unreadable, good guy to have on the staff.I don't mind differing opinons but be a little objectionable. This guy has had a hard on against the Patriots for about 3 years now, he needs new material.
Read the rest of my posts. Then, if it bothers you so much........quit reading what I write. :D Colin

Really?You and your buddy Aaron Rudnicki and the rest of the IDP experts have a good laugh at some of my posts?Boy, ya that Tedy Bruschi really embarassed himself out there tonight. Is that the one you are talking about?The guys that I respect, who I ACTUALLY know for a fact know something about football, think my posts are pretty funny for all of the right reasons.If you and your :nerd: buddies want to think you are better than the rest of us, keep posting your illustrious opinions like the one in this thread. That will get the masses on your side.Excellent job Collin, you are a credit to FBG Inc. You really know what you are talking about.

Really?You and your buddy Aaron Rudnicki and the rest of the IDP experts have a good laugh at some of my posts?Boy, ya that Tedy Bruschi really embarassed himself out there tonight. Is that the one you are talking about?The guys that I respect, who I ACTUALLY know for a fact know something about football, think my posts are pretty funny for all of the right reasons.If you and your :nerd: buddies want to think you are better than the rest of us, keep posting your illustrious opinions like the one in this thread. That will get the masses on your side.Excellent job Collin, you are a credit to FBG Inc. You really know what you are talking about.
:goodposting:

You're free to leave anytime you want.Here is your hat. Don't let the door hit you on your way out...Colin

Colin, you have a blind hatred for the Pats (and the Sox too, no?) The thing is, those Boston teams keep putting up to shut you up. I can only imagine the ridiculous gloating we'll hear from you if one of those teams fails to win a championship.Man, lose with some grace.

Ohhhhh.... Kaaaaay. Seems there are some unfriendly feelings brewing. It's late, been a long day, people are tired. Let's let everyone have their right to an opinion without being called names. Message boards are for freedom of opinion, right? C'mon now, loosen up a little everybody.Hey, look >>>> Smilies! :D :excited: :lol: :P :D :excited: :lol: :P Feel better now?
As I've said, the Patriots are the best team of the last decade, maybe more. :yes: I don't know why everyone is finding my posts so disagreeable.Colin

I have said and will continue to say, that the Pats are the best tema of the last decade. Its no skin off my teeth to realize that they are indeed an awesome group, from top to bottom.I just think we lavish the term "dynasty" much too easily.Colin
Yep, we definitely throw dynasty around way too much. There have been 4 widely accepted dynasties in the past 45 years.Packers '60'sSteelers '70'sSan Fran '80'sDallas '90'sMiami could have been one from the early '70's but it was borderline.Looks like 1 a decade. I dont think we throw it around too often at all. I think when a team comes along that dominates the competition as the above teams have and as the PATS have, you call them a dynasty.

Colin, you have a blind hatred for the Pats (and the Sox too, no?) The thing is, those Boston teams keep putting up to shut you up. I can only imagine the ridiculous gloating we'll hear from you if one of those teams fails to win a championship.Man, lose with some grace.
You aren't paying attention. I'm calling them "the best team in at least a decade" and you tell me to lose with grace? Come on. I'm not prepared to call them a "dynasty", which is semantics, but that makes me biased?LOlColin

they're a dynasty...and for this moment at least, you're opinion does not matter.Congrats Pats fans.

Users who are viewing this thread