What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Paul Allen Dies at 65 (1 Viewer)

RIP to Paul Allen. From his musical Experience to his work with computers to owning some great sports teams, the world lost, at the very least, an interesting and pioneering man today. 

 
Wow. Not a word about him being sick again.

Left a tremendous footprint in the Seattle area. 

RIP
Two weeks ago it was announced that his lymphoma was back but at the time, it was not thought to be life threatening.  But that was it.  Nothing in the last two weeks to indicate otherwise. 

 
Two weeks ago it was announced that his lymphoma was back but at the time, it was not thought to be life threatening.  But that was it.  Nothing in the last two weeks to indicate otherwise. 
I missed that. Big news here in Seattle obviously so lots of tributes going on. Quite a few things I had forgotten / didn't realize that he did for the area.

 
Wow. Not a word about him being sick again.

Left a tremendous footprint in the Seattle area. 

RIP
Was talked about here in Portland two weeks ago. He had his third relapse against cancer. Apparently was the worst kind.

Very sad. We took him for granted. And based on the stuff people talked about today on the drive time sports radio, he was far more interesting than I ever imagined. Guy was a very talented guitarist, who knew?

 
He was by all accounts a very good guitar player.  

Portland people very nervous about the future of the Blazers now. :(

RIP Mr. Allen

 
that guy lived his best life (barring any unknown sex assault issue i may be unaware of). partied hard, enjoyed sports, spent his money wildly.

65 is young but ####### a if he didn't live all of it.
Google his sister and the lawsuit against her.  Seattle PI had a crazy article detailing her antics.  The Allen family has all sorts of skeletons in closets; most of them signed NDAs, were paid off and went away.  But not all of them.  

 
tommyboy said:
Was talked about here in Portland two weeks ago. He had his third relapse against cancer. Apparently was the worst kind.

Very sad. We took him for granted. And based on the stuff people talked about today on the drive time sports radio, he was far more interesting than I ever imagined. Guy was a very talented guitarist, who knew?
Had a friend of a friend who played with him in his band occasionally. He would get a call they would pick him up and fly him to play with Paul Allen's band, sometimes on his yacht. 

To be a billionaire...

 
General Malaise said:
He was by all accounts a very good guitar player.  

Portland people very nervous about the future of the Blazers now. :(

RIP Mr. Allen
I have to say one of the first things I thought of is what happens to the Hawks.

 
General Malaise said:
Google his sister and the lawsuit against her.  Seattle PI had a crazy article detailing her antics.  The Allen family has all sorts of skeletons in closets; most of them signed NDAs, were paid off and went away.  But not all of them.  
should have figured. feels like everyone with a lot of money has a bunch of #### buried away.

 
They have a relatively new stadium. They aren’t going anywhere. Unless you mean what happens to their play on the field. 
I wouldn't think they are moving or anything but Allen was the perfect owner. No way the next owner is this good: Zero ego, rich as hell, loved the area, got the team whatever they wanted.

In contrast we had another billionaire owner in Seattle who had a little hissy fit and sold the team knowing it would be moved.

 
Enjoy life gents....money does not assure health or longevity...but I might have taken 65 and cashed out with his dough.   RIP...Mr Allen.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top