What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PC Gamers - need help on new rig (1 Viewer)

skol asylum

Footballguy
Hey all. Like alot of kids her age, my 12 year old plays online games alot. Started with Minecraft and Roblox and now alot of Fortnite. She had been playing on her laptop but it's not really a gaming laptop and can be glitchy and tends to want to overheat. Her birthday is coming up and is asking for a proper gaming PC. She has done research and sent me links to all the pieces. I already ordered a new mic because she complains her headset mic doesn't work very well. Also a new keyboard and mouse, keyboard/mouse pad, and a monitor.

I was hoping that she could get by with using our home PC tower that's about 5 years old. She's been trying it the last couple of nights and it's not the best either. Older PC that's really slowed down. 

So of course she is pushing to complete her setup and get the new gaming tower. She did research and got recommendations from friends and sent me these links. I have no idea what I'm looking for. Will these specs cut it? I know everything is upgradeable, but are there any thoughts on the links she sent me below? And anyone know this company?

https://lytetechnology.com/product/lyte-magma/

https://lytetechnology.com/product/hyper/

My computer buying experience has  been limited to just standard office related rigs from Amazon, or New Egg, or Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of monitor did you get? I know it’s been next to impossible to get graphics cards for the past couple years, so to me that first option looks like a steal - 2060 is still a really solid video card. I know nothing about lyte but the specs are fine. Don’t think that motherboard has Wi-Fi though so be aware of that. The second option would make me a tad nervous depending on how many years you’re looking to get out of it. That card will run Fortnite just fine in 1080 but it might struggle with newer AAA titles. I’d go option one, that’ll probably get her to college or at least to where she’s old enough to get a job and save up for a new one. 

What kind of monitor did you get? I know it’s been next to impossible to get graphics cards for the past couple years, so to me that first option looks like a steal - 2060 is still a really solid video card. I know nothing about lyte but the specs are fine. Don’t think that motherboard has Wi-Fi though so be aware of that. The second option would make me a tad nervous depending on how many years you’re looking to get out of it. That card will run Fortnite just fine in 1080 but it might struggle with newer AAA titles. I’d go option one, that’ll probably get her to college or at least to where she’s old enough to get a job and save up for a new one. 
Oh, no WiFi? Wow that's a non-starter. Will look closer to see if thats an addon option. Like I said, ive done zero research.

I'm guessing the monitor may be underpowered. I can always return. Here's what I ordered....

Sceptre Curved 24" 75Hz Professional LED Monitor 1080p 98% sRGB HDMI VGA Build-in Speakers, Machine Black 2021 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8P9QX2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_9NK6ZTJRYSBB3PBQWHJ4

Thanks for the advice.

We need more info.  What's the budget and what kind of games does she play?
Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox. I imagine other similar online multiplayer games that may come down the road. Would like to keep under $1500. Lower obviously better but also know the value of spending to get decent specs and not throwing away money on something that will just give me issues to fix later.

Looks like there is a relatively cheap wifi upgrade so you should be fine there. 

Ultimately this is all more than enough for a 12 year old and she’s going to be over the moon. If you end up going with the first option, personally I’d rethink that monitor. I think you could find something in that same price range with a higher refresh rate at that resolution. If you go with a 1080p monitor look for a refresh rate of 144hz. 

If you wanted to go up a class, look at monitors with a resolution of 1440p, which is imo the sweet spot right now in terms of price and performance. There are solid budget options that will give you 75hz at a resolution of 1440, and the video card in the first link is capable of delivering that for the foreseeable future.

No matter what it’s going to be a massive upgrade for her and she’s gonna love it. 

Hey, congrats on having a daughter into computers, and way to go on being supportive of her interests!  I've had a 30+ year career in the IT industry, and I started the same way she did, by bothering my parents for a computer to play games on.

Lyte Technologies seems like a decent PC builder (although I haven't had any actual dealings with them, so I can't give a personal recommendation), and I like the overall look of the rigs your daughter has suggested.  Checking out the specs show that either of the systems you're looking at could run Roblox without much issue, but the Lyte Hyper V4 would be a little limited on Minecraft, and wouldn't be happy running Fortnight with any sort of graphic quality (mainly due to RAM limitations, both for the system and the graphics card).  The Lyte Magma, on the other hand, is well worth the additional $360, as it takes care of the RAM limitations, and boosts the system GPU and CPU nicely as well.  The only issue I'd have with the Magma is I prefer a little more robust power supply (800 watts would be better), and I'd rather have a larger NVME SSD (say, a 1TB or 2 TB option) and lose the Hard Disk entirely.  Neither is actually a negative in the build they've suggested, just my personal preference - although it is easier to use a system with a larger main drive instead of having to worry about where you have available space to install your programs.

WiFi shouldn't be an issue - Lyte can include a WiFi adaptor in their upgrade options.

Your monitor selection should be OK, if a little on the small size - I'd personally upgrade to Sceptre's curved 27" - it's only $50-ish more, and has similar specs to the 24 you already are ordering.  Do note that this is the one piece of your build that can really upgrade the quality of your computer experience, and spending a little more money here can really give you an overall improvement.  Faster responses, larger screens, better screen tech - there are all sorts of nice improvements possible.  However, you can pile on improvements until you start getting into the outlandish price range, so it depends on how far you really want to go.  But if you have any extra money for the build, this is where to spend it.

One note - most of these "off the shelf" pc builders usually use whatever manufacturer of parts are available when they put your system together, so the case may look different, or the brand of parts on things like memory or coolers may not match what your invoice originally says.  It's pretty normal for the industry, and as long as the specs of what you get in the end match what you pay for I don't believe they're out to screw you, it's just what they can get this week.  Some reviews you read online seem to think that if you don't get the exact name brand originally ordered it's an evil sin, but I'd go easy on the practice, especially with today's supply chain issues, and not worry about it.

Good luck, and feel free to contact me directly if I can help further.

Val

Nice, was going to post a similar thread so happy to see this one. Direct SOS to @Val Rannoussince there was a lot of helpful info in that reply. I'm hoping to stay under $1000 for my son, and were initially eyeing a 16 GB HP Pavilion. Our son plays all of the same games mentioned by OP, and we understood this rig would meet his needs. I told him HP was possibly all brand name, so we went to Micro Center, a local/national chain with high regard. They pooh poohed the HP as a unit with inferior shell and is difficult to make upgrades to over time, and recommended their own brand (G229 PowerSpec) instead - but it was out of stock. We waited, and waited, and now were advised yesterday it is discontinued completely.

The guy who helped us said he could build from scratch something comparable for $1250, but that is over budget. Also, it's less than we could get (as I understand) if we went with the better PowerSpec he showed which remains on sale for $1299 (G511 PowerSpec). I do not understand computers, but he said the RTX 3060 was far superior to the RTX 1660. So why should I have him build RTX 1660 for $1250?

Should I reconsider 16 GB Pavilion, or is there another option that keeps me under $1000? Or, should I come to terms with reality that my $1000 budget was unrealistic, and bite on the G511 or another option?

We're just looking for the CPU right now. If we end up needing a different monitor from the curved/samsung he uses currently, I'll worry about that later.  

Good bump. Need to get a little more serious with the research and get something ordered. Been watching some YouTube vids. Seems like the company I linked to my not be the way to go. They use a little bit older tech to cut back on expenses apparently. Not a terrible thing but good to know. Have a few brands to check out. Would like to keep at or around that $1300ish price plus another $200 for monitor. My biggest question I think is size/brand on CPU and GPU. Seems to be lots of models out there.

Oh yeah, regarding lack of WiFi out of the box. I still need to set up my mesh router system I bought a while back (slacker). I could just plug the Ethernet from her machine right into one of the mesh routers right? Instead of adding wifi? Not going to run Ethernet to her room upstairs.

cap'n grunge said:
Good bump. Need to get a little more serious with the research and get something ordered. Been watching some YouTube vids. Seems like the company I linked to my not be the way to go. They use a little bit older tech to cut back on expenses apparently. Not a terrible thing but good to know. Have a few brands to check out. Would like to keep at or around that $1300ish price plus another $200 for monitor. My biggest question I think is size/brand on CPU and GPU. Seems to be lots of models out there.

You can buy a good gaming laptop for around that much money. The below is an 11th gen i7 with a 3050 video card and 144hz monitor, although generally speaking an AMD Ryzen processor is going to be higher performance in that same price range.

My kids play fortnight on laptops with very similar specs and this computer will handle almost anything including games that are probably beyond your daughters current age like Cyberpunk.

The absolute best deals on laptops if you can wait is to see what costco has on sale. They put gaming laptops 200 off msrp quite frequently and due to the fact that I have to own 3 gaming laptops(1 for me and 1 for each kid), that puts costco as the go to place for me to purchase.

If you live near a microcenter they will also have good deals, but not like costco. The benefit to a microcenter though is that they carry quite a large tower selection

laptop for reference:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Crosshair-i7-11800H-Keyboard-Ethernet/dp/B09TQVFGJM/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2OUV27E2YZU0K&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop&qid=1648475771&sprefix=msi+gam%2Caps%2C122&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzT0dNV0daOEY4UUg3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzE3OTk2MkJWRUZQMlNXVDdIUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTk2NDY2TTI5WU5ZR1pMM1hTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

cap'n grunge said:

Sorry, I should have read the complete post before quoting it :lol:

In your price range:

Video card: You want a Nvidia 3060 or 2070, however you can settle for a 3050 or 2060. You probably do not want any other option other than these 4.

Processor: If you go with intel you would ideally want a 12th gen i5 or i7, you can tell it is 12th gen because of the numbers after it. Cluick on the link above and it is an 11th gen processor because it is a i7 11800H, if the number after the processor begins with a 12 you can tell it is 12th gen.

As for AMD, if I was building a gaming computer I would wait until AMD releases their new CPU on April 4. They have an AMD 5600 Ryzen 5 that is being released for 200 dollars and I know that is an excellent CPU for the price and purchasing this CPU will let you possibly upgrade to a 3060 or even a 3070 video card which is better for gaming.

The processor does not matter a ton as long as it is a modern chip from the last 2 generations and is not a i3 or worse.

You can buy a good gaming laptop for around that much money. The below is an 11th gen i7 with a 3050 video card and 144hz monitor, although generally speaking an AMD Ryzen processor is going to be higher performance in that same price range.

My kids play fortnight on laptops with very similar specs and this computer will handle almost anything including games that are probably beyond your daughters current age like Cyberpunk.

The absolute best deals on laptops if you can wait is to see what costco has on sale. They put gaming laptops 200 off msrp quite frequently and due to the fact that I have to own 3 gaming laptops(1 for me and 1 for each kid), that puts costco as the go to place for me to purchase.

If you live near a microcenter they will also have good deals, but not like costco. The benefit to a microcenter though is that they carry quite a large tower selection

laptop for reference:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Crosshair-i7-11800H-Keyboard-Ethernet/dp/B09TQVFGJM/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2OUV27E2YZU0K&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop&qid=1648475771&sprefix=msi+gam%2Caps%2C122&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzT0dNV0daOEY4UUg3JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzE3OTk2MkJWRUZQMlNXVDdIUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTk2NDY2TTI5WU5ZR1pMM1hTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Awesome info thanks. Think I'm going to stick with a tower. Don't want to deal with potential overheating issues and I think the tower would be superior there. I assume the gaming style laptops are very different though and probably have that covered well.

Sorry, I should have read the complete post before quoting it :lol:

In your price range:

Video card: You want a Nvidia 3060 or 2070, however you can settle for a 3050 or 2060. You probably do not want any other option other than these 4.

Processor: If you go with intel you would ideally want a 12th gen i5 or i7, you can tell it is 12th gen because of the numbers after it. Cluick on the link above and it is an 11th gen processor because it is a i7 11800H, if the number after the processor begins with a 12 you can tell it is 12th gen.

As for AMD, if I was building a gaming computer I would wait until AMD releases their new CPU on April 4. They have an AMD 5600 Ryzen 5 that is being released for 200 dollars and I know that is an excellent CPU for the price and purchasing this CPU will let you possibly upgrade to a 3060 or even a 3070 video card which is better for gaming.

The processor does not matter a ton as long as it is a modern chip from the last 2 generations and is not a i3 or worse.
Great info. Thanks!

Awesome info thanks. Think I'm going to stick with a tower. Don't want to deal with potential overheating issues and I think the tower would be superior there. I assume the gaming style laptops are very different though and probably have that covered well.

I have not had any overheating issues. Gaming laptops have come along way and I probably will never go back to a tower again. The one real benefit with towers is that you can upgrade parts fairly easily if/when the price of video cards ever comes back down.

Hey all. Like alot of kids her age, my 12 year old plays online games alot. Started with Minecraft and Roblox and now alot of Fortnite. She had been playing on her laptop but it's not really a gaming laptop and can be glitchy and tends to want to overheat. Her birthday is coming up and is asking for a proper gaming PC. She has done research and sent me links to all the pieces. I already ordered a new mic because she complains her headset mic doesn't work very well. Also a new keyboard and mouse, keyboard/mouse pad, and a monitor.

I was hoping that she could get by with using our home PC tower that's about 5 years old. She's been trying it the last couple of nights and it's not the best either. Older PC that's really slowed down. 

So of course she is pushing to complete her setup and get the new gaming tower. She did research and got recommendations from friends and sent me these links. I have no idea what I'm looking for. Will these specs cut it? I know everything is upgradeable, but are there any thoughts on the links she sent me below? And anyone know this company?

https://lytetechnology.com/product/lyte-magma/

https://lytetechnology.com/product/hyper/

My computer buying experience has  been limited to just standard office related rigs from Amazon, or New Egg, or Best Buy.

Was a costco 3060 17 inch MSI GE Raider laptop at costco for 1200 last week.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but Monday's been a bigger bear than usual at the bank.  Anyway, here's some opinions/information for those of you interested in buying a new PC.

@BigJim®, you can go with an HP Pavilion, but there ARE caveats.  The issue with HP or Dell (and I worked for Compaq back when we got bought out by HP, so I'm familiar with how they do things) is non-standard parts.  The stats you get on one of their units are usually pretty good for the components listed, and you get a nice amount of power for the dollars paid.  However, the way they get to those lower prices is by streamlining the components for fewer bits/shared bits/bits that are designed to work specifically together.  This means an HP power supply, and a HP motherboard, and an HP cooling solution, etc. etc. etc.  So, if you want your computer to be a commodity usage item that you'll never open, never want to upgrade, and never consider repairing, then it's OK - go for it.  My mother did when she bought her last PC, and told me "If it breaks I'll buy another one".  And for that type of user it's a good buy - there's nothing wrong with their durability or build quality, you're just shoe-horned into doing it "their" way.  Laptops have the same issues - they can be great out of the box, but death on repairs and upgrades.

Smaller firms like the Lyte Tech units we were talking about earlier in this thread instead use stock parts like any user who wants to build their own unit would - straight off of the shelf.  This usually will get you a slightly higher price per component, but a greater control over getting exactly what you want, and a hell of a lot easier upgrade or repair path in case that ever becomes a necessity.  And it does happen - I'm currently considering a memory upgrade for my main system, as a game program I'm getting into now could use the extra space, and I run a few too many tabs in Chrome for my own good...  I tend to recommend this sort of system instead of HP or Dell for most users if they don't want to build their own, but do have the drawback of not having that slightly higher price, and working with companies that you may not know all that much about.  

@cap'n grunge, I'm interested in which components Lyte was using that were sufficiently out of date to cause an issue - I didn't dig that deeply, but they seemed pretty current from what I looked at.  They seemed like an OK builder to me - or I can also suggest SkyTech, I've had a few friends buy from them and get good results.

You said your big question was size/brand on CPU and GPU?  Well, let's start with CPU.  For most of the last decade and a half, Intel was consistently the better choice for a gaming rig - faster cores, and most of the software out there didn't take advantage of additional cores very well, so even if AMD ran more of them, there wasn't a significant advantage.  Ryzen, however changed all that.  The Zen architecture really enabled better sharing of resources like internal cache between cores, just as software authors were starting to enable better use of those cores, and while Intel rested on their laurels AMD smoked right past them to be the better choice over the last 3-4 years.  This is especially true of the 3000 and later series of chips, where AMD had added PCIe version 4 capability, allowing for faster access to things like storage drives.  For me right now I'm all in with AMD and Ryzen chips.  The good news is that the 3000 series Ryzen chips are still top notch, and you can get good deals on them without paying top dollar for the newer 5000 or later options.  I'm currently rocking 3700x's in both my and Mrs. R's computers, and they're awesome.  

Now, after going on about which chips are the greatest, let me note that these days the CPU is probably less important to a GAMING rig than the GPU is.  Not completely irrelevant, but not what's going to make a gaming PC sing.  Raw CPU power is more important for content creators, video editing, that sort of thing.  A good graphics card with a good GPU will kick that old frames per second count up there and make your games look all that much better.  And the more you're into fast movement, first person shooters, and games with eye candy, the more it matters.  I used to be a Radeon user, but my most recent builds have shifted to Nvidia cards, as they seem to have less compatibility issues (at least with the programs and games I run).  With the advent of the Steam gaming download service, it seems like Steam standardized to the Nvidia cards for the programs they support, so I'm recommending going that direction until/unless Radeon can catch up.  Although with the shortages out there right now, it may be more of a "I'll take what I can get" option, so be forewarned.  

As far as how powerful a graphics card you need, well, here I like to go by the "what games do you like to run" question.  You can go nuts buying super expensive cards, but if your most demanding game is Fortnight, you definitely hit a point of diminishing returns.  We're on a Fantasy Football site, so let's build this answer in draft tiers.  Your baseline starting point for a gaming unit would be a RTX1650/RTX1660/RX5500, and would be fine for older games or games that don't require the whole screen to be rebuild constantly - so Diablo style overhead games, Civilization strategy games, that sort of thing, all good (this is my tier, I have RTX1660s).  You can also run lighter 1st person shooters here, so Fortnight probably falls in the upper end of this category - the processor is fine, but might need more video memory, say at least a 6 GB rather than a 4 GB card, or a GTX1660Ti.  The next tier would be  the RTX2060/RTX2070/RTX3050/RTX3060/RX6600 range, which is perfect for more impressive first person shooters and higher eye candy RPG options - Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, etc.  Finally, anything over the RTX3060Ti or the RX6700XT are like 1st round RB selections - awesome, but probably way way overpriced unless you're REALLY serious about your gaming. 

Whew!  Mrs. R thinks I can't answer a computer question without writing a novel - she may be right...

Nice, was going to post a similar thread so happy to see this one. Direct SOS to @Val Rannoussince there was a lot of helpful info in that reply. I'm hoping to stay under $1000 for my son, and were initially eyeing a 16 GB HP Pavilion. Our son plays all of the same games mentioned by OP, and we understood this rig would meet his needs. I told him HP was possibly all brand name, so we went to Micro Center, a local/national chain with high regard. They pooh poohed the HP as a unit with inferior shell and is difficult to make upgrades to over time, and recommended their own brand (G229 PowerSpec) instead - but it was out of stock. We waited, and waited, and now were advised yesterday it is discontinued completely.

The guy who helped us said he could build from scratch something comparable for $1250, but that is over budget. Also, it's less than we could get (as I understand) if we went with the better PowerSpec he showed which remains on sale for $1299 (G511 PowerSpec). I do not understand computers, but he said the RTX 3060 was far superior to the RTX 1660. So why should I have him build RTX 1660 for $1250?

Should I reconsider 16 GB Pavilion, or is there another option that keeps me under $1000? Or, should I come to terms with reality that my $1000 budget was unrealistic, and bite on the G511 or another option?

We're just looking for the CPU right now. If we end up needing a different monitor from the curved/samsung he uses currently, I'll worry about that later.  

It should be easy to stay under a thousand dollars, I have purchased a few gaming computers recently and managed to stay under a thousand on a couple of them . The below computer has a 3050 Ti and a newer Ryzen processor for under a thousand dollars. You can do even better on price if you go with a tower over a laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-GeForce-5-5600H-Windows/dp/B09V4VWYYN/ref=sr_1_7_sspa?crid=2C0Y6THC7T22Q&keywords=msi+gaming+laptop&qid=1648560086&refinements=p_36%3A2421890011&rnid=2421885011&s=pc&sprefix=msi+gaming+laptop%2Caps%2C188&sr=1-7-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyRDhHQjlDWkQ5WEYwJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDU4MTkxOERPVUJCVUZWNUYmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDk2OTcxMjM0U1FOR0NLS09WWDcmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

In addition to AMD coming out with a new processor in April there will also be a price drop on video cards it looks like. Assuming you live near a place like Microcenter where you can buy one for MSRP.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/03/asus-will-lower-some-gpu-prices-up-to-25-following-tariff-changes/

The price drops will go into effect on April 1 and will apply to the company's entire lineup of GeForce RTX 3000-series GPUs, including the 3050, 3060, 3070, 3080, and 3090 series cards. "Consumers should expect prices to decline up to 25% on different models throughout the springtime," according to the company's statement.

:thanks:

Your link is not working for me for some reason. I copy/pasted "IdeaPad-GeForce 5" and think I found the right one. It appears to be 16GB which meets my son's ask, but it is Lenovo which I wonder if it poses the upgrade rigidity mentioned by Val Rannous, and also noticed it has "GTX 1650" - is that the video card? I know nothing about GTX/RTX comparability but the guy at Micro Center advised us RTX 1660 was 5 year stale video card capability (when recommending to take the plunge on the $1300 G511 Power Spec that came with a RTX 3060 card). My son is looking for a tower unit for some reason.

:thanks:

Your link is not working for me for some reason. I copy/pasted "IdeaPad-GeForce 5" and think I found the right one. It appears to be 16GB which meets my son's ask, but it is Lenovo which I wonder if it poses the upgrade rigidity mentioned by Val Rannous, and also noticed it has "GTX 1650" - is that the video card? I know nothing about GTX/RTX comparability but the guy at Micro Center advised us RTX 1660 was 5 year stale video card capability (when recommending to take the plunge on the $1300 G511 Power Spec that came with a RTX 3060 card). My son is looking for a tower unit for some reason.

The computer I linked did not have a 1650, but instead has a 3050. I agree with the guy from Microcenter and would recommend a current gen or at minimum a 2060 video card.

Also, it will not be possible to upgrade laptops. You can change the hard drive and in some cases add more ram, but it is not worth it for the average user.

What you buy with a laptop is what you get.

You might be able to try the below link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V4VWYYN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_P4857FZVAS4463K3PD9E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The guy who helped us said he could build from scratch something comparable for $1250, but that is over budget. Also, it's less than we could get (as I understand) if we went with the better PowerSpec he showed which remains on sale for $1299 (G511 PowerSpec). I do not understand computers, but he said the RTX 3060 was far superior to the RTX 1660.
Based on the excellent help in this thread, I ended up going with the Micro Center G511 linked above. Even though it blew my budget,  it’s on sale and upgrades to a lot of the features recommended here vs the $900 G229 I’d considered, such as AMD Ryzen 5 5600x. Hoping my son is excited with the surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread