What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People who put ranch on pizza (1 Viewer)

Are you talking about dipping your crust in ranch at the very end or pouring ranch on the slice?

Crust dipped in ranch is not bad, crust dipped in Caesar is even better.

Is pouring ranch on top of the slice an actual thing?

It has to be great ranch, but it can make a quality pie. Chicken or roast beef and mushroom are a great combo. 

NFL2DF said:
Are you talking about dipping your crust in ranch at the very end or pouring ranch on the slice?

Crust dipped in ranch is not bad, crust dipped in Caesar is even better.

Is pouring ranch on top of the slice an actual thing?
I only dip. But I'm not going to shame someone for enjoying their ranch differently than me.

I prefer dipping into Blue Cheese instead of Ranch. 

But if it is good pizza, nah. No dippage necessary. 

The Bomb = Ranch, chicken, bacon, onions, pineapple.
I give you, "The Twist" from a local pizza joint..

voted top 3 in the nation by Pizza Today Magazine, Top 10 Pizzas in Michigan and Winner of the 2010 Taste of Muskegon best dish. The twist has a secret yelllow sauce covered with our cheese blend, breaded chicken chunks & bacon strips. Finished after baking with fresh pineapple, tomato, yellow & jalapeño pepper, & homemade ranch.

It's my wife's favorite....

People that don't like ranch on pizza probably like Chicago style deep dish pizza, so they don't count.
I like ranch. I like Chicago style. I would never put ranch on Chicago style.

Back to the drawing board with your nonsense theory, guy.

I give you, "The Twist" from a local pizza joint..

voted top 3 in the nation by Pizza Today Magazine, Top 10 Pizzas in Michigan and Winner of the 2010 Taste of Muskegon best dish. The twist has a secret yelllow sauce covered with our cheese blend, breaded chicken chunks & bacon strips. Finished after baking with fresh pineapple, tomato, yellow & jalapeño pepper, & homemade ranch.

It's my wife's favorite....
Sound's spectacularly awesome!    :banned:

I thought the whole point of a pizza was getting it the way you want it. We're all different.  Nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

And now a word from our sponsor:  https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22996310/mustard-pizza/

Pineapple on pizza is the age-old topping debate. Personally, I love the sweet and salty combo, but some people are absolutely appalled at the thought. A pizzeria in New York has a twist on pizza, though, that may just put the pineapple debate to shame.

Lions & Tigers & Squares Detroit Pizza makes a mustard pizza — as in, replacing your average tomato sauce with mustard. Per Food Insider, the untraditional pizza starts with a "generous" helping of mustard on the pizza dough. Next comes a layer of corned beef and sauerkraut (OK, I'm out), and to top things off — almost a half pound of brick cheese on each pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the whole point of a pizza was getting it the way you want it. We're all different.  Nobody is right, nobody is wrong.

And now a word from our sponsor:  https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22996310/mustard-pizza/

Pineapple on pizza is the age-old topping debate. Personally, I love the sweet and salty combo, but some people are absolutely appalled at the thought. A pizzeria in New York has a twist on pizza, though, that may just put the pineapple debate to shame.

Lions & Tigers & Squares Detroit Pizza makes a mustard pizza — as in, replacing your average tomato sauce with mustard. Per Food Insider, the untraditional pizza starts with a "generous" helping of mustard on the pizza dough. Next comes a layer of corned beef and sauerkraut (OK, I'm out), and to top things off — almost a half pound of brick cheese on each pizza.
I’m a fan of mustard but this sounds terrible. 

So it's like....a Reuben pizza, kind of? I love me a good Reuben, so I'd give it a go.

Local place does a Rueben pizza, but they do 1,000 island dressing instead of mustard. Some caraway seeds in the crust to give it a rye feel. Sounded good enough on paper, but scalding hot 1,000 dressing is pretty vile. 

Mustard does sound like a better choice, but not a ‘generous’ helping of it. Moderation is the key to successful mustard use on just about anything 

I think of pizza as traditional with tomato sauce. The others I just think of as a baked pie with toppings that taste good.

I had one a few weeks ago had a BBQ pie that did not sound good but I loved. Instead of pizza sauce they used BBQ sauce. Toppings were cheese, diced chicken coated with BBQ sauce, banana peppers and onions.

Had no one really heard of chicken finger pizza? Usually made with a blue cheese/Frank's mixture for the sauce layer, but, you can get ranch instead of blue. 

And if there's no blue cheese around, I'll dip it in ranch. 

I love pizza as much as the next guy ... but it's got to be one of the most unhealthy meals one could have.

Carbs and fat. Nothing nutritious about it. It's a shame that I try to avoid this the same as I avoid fast food burgers.

Why does bad for you food taste so good??

I love pizza as much as the next guy ... but it's got to be one of the most unhealthy meals one could have.

Carbs and fat. Nothing nutritious about it. It's a shame that I try to avoid this the same as I avoid fast food burgers.

Why does bad for you food taste so good??
What?  It has dairy, vegetables, meat, and grains.  It's basically the entire food pyramid in one food.  Pizza is health food.

Ranch ON pizza? No thanks. Pizza dipped in ranch? Occasionally - especially the place around the corner from me that has an awesome buffalo chicken pizza. That dipped in a little ranch or blue cheese dressing is the bomb.

Ranch on pizza is weird ... and even more unhealthy.

Ranch and Blue Cheese are so different ... strange to me how folks will settle for one or the other.

Ranch belongs on celery ... while Blue Cheese is the correct answer for anything "Buffaloed" including buffalo chicken pizza

General Malaise said:
I had my first authentic deep dish pie in Chicago this summer.  It was pretty good, but I don't think I'll ever order it that way again.  The next night, I got pizza from this place near Wrigley.  Man oh man was it great.  Expensive, but one of the best pizzas I've ever had.
Deep Dish pizza is the "Johnny Marzetti" of pizza.  

Users who are viewing this thread