What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Percy Harvin tweets he is having surgery on torn Labrum (1 Viewer)

"when everything is goin good sometimes life throw u a curve ball... sorry to half to report that my injury will require surgery..."

"
Nobody was more anxious and excited about season then....but I will be back strong as ever..i appreciate all the love and prayers 12th man"

Hernandez, Harvin, Pitta, Maclin -- terrible off-season so far. Usually it's the RBs that cause this sort of heart ache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. I wonder if all the main stream writers will adjust there rb-rb strategy now that wr has gotten thinner.

At least there's that.
Jene Bramel ‏@JeneBramel 3m
Crabtree v Harvin in ‘14 good question. Achilles tougher recovery, but hip no picnic. Harvin more likely to be full strength by season’s end

Not that anyone cares but I'm in a dynasty league with Waldman and he's got the following guys on his roster; Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta and Percy Harvin. OUCH! Worst offseason, ever.

Not that anyone cares but I'm in a dynasty league with Waldman and he's got the following guys on his roster; Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta and Percy Harvin. OUCH! Worst offseason, ever.
I woulda had Hernandez, Crabtree and Harvin in one had I not traded Harvin earlier in the offseason. Guy in another league lost Crabtree, Maclin and Harvin. Lots of land mines to avoid and it's not even August.

This has been Things No One Cares About by IOTR

Hernandez, Harvin, Pitta, Maclin -- terrible off-season so far. Usually it's the RBs that cause this sort of heart ache.
Crabtree
:goodposting: I traded for Crabtree in my dynasty, and then he got hurt two days later... At least I have AJ Green and Calvin Johnson to keep me happy this year. Sucks to see Harvin out though, was REALLY excited to watch him play for my hometown Seahawks! and I drafted him on 5 MFL Best Ball $10 teams...

Ps I already had Hernandez on my roster as well ugh...

Only confirms what we already knew - Harvin is injury prone and a risk.
No it doesn't.
Right... anyone can get injured... and Harvin may be a risk, but if he is, he is a glass cannon! When he sees the field, the opposing Defense will have their work CUT OUT FOR THEM... How can you cover Harvin, Marshawn, Sydney Rice, Golden Tate and Zach Miller all at once? Not to mention covering Russell Wilson who gives them a hell of a time already!

No it doesn't.
Right... anyone can get injured... and Harvin may be a risk, but if he is, he is a glass cannon! When he sees the field, the opposing Defense will have their work CUT OUT FOR THEM... How can you cover Harvin, Marshawn, Sydney Rice, Golden Tate and Zach Miller all at once? Not to mention covering Russell Wilson who gives them a hell of a time already!
LOL ok....is this the same Sidney Rice and Zach Miller that completely suck? Not to mention they are always dealing with injuries. I lam going to love to see the over-confident Seahawks fans cry when their team gets exposed this year. You were very lucky to have no real injuries last year .... and very lucky to win 2 games (Green Bay and Bears) you had no business winning....will not happen again. Remember your team could not even beat the Lions last year and was going to get trounced in the playoffs if RG3 does not get hurt....but keep dreaming.

You're delusional if you didn't know harvin was a risk before Seattle signed him. Attitude issues were glaring. I look at percy in the same light as dez. Amazing talents but risk involved, unlike aj green or julio.

No it doesn't.
LOL ok....is this the same Sidney Rice and Zach Miller that completely suck? Not to mention they are always dealing with injuries. I lam going to love to see the over-confident Seahawks fans cry when their team gets exposed this year. You were very lucky to have no real injuries last year .... and very lucky to win 2 games (Green Bay and Bears) you had no business winning....will not happen again. Remember your team could not even beat the Lions last year and was going to get trounced in the playoffs if RG3 does not get hurt....but keep dreaming.
The you should of lost/ would of lost if... comments always make me laugh, no matter what team they are directed at.

$14.5 million and 3 draft picks down the drain...at least for 2013.
It's a "Richard" move...but as a Vikings fan, for all the injuries and off-field grief Harvin apparently was causing in the locker room, maybe the football gods FINALLY did the Purple a solid (after Kneel-Down Denny, that meat-head named Tice, and the "Love Boat") by getting Jennings, Patterson, and Rhodes in uniform instead of an unhappy WR who would be making the trainers earn every dime of their paychecks?! It does feel a bit good/satisfying though, in a "Richard" way. After everybody was basically anointing the Seahawks as Super Bowl XLVIII champs in the off-season..."fleecing" the Vikings in that deal. Of course even THINKING that (feels a bit good/satisfying) means that Adrian Peterson will probably be run over by a Greyhound bus in the morning... :scared:

Harvin may turn out to be a monster in Seattle...which would be great for their fans! But with hindsight being 20/20, I think I'd rather roll with Jennings, Patterson (Jennings to mentor him), and Rhodes. Even before the hip injury. And after the hip injury? Maybe the fleecer was actually the fleecee?! :shrug:

No it doesn't.
U sound jealous. I would be too if I was a bears fan.

Can someone clarify the options for the Seahawks as far as Pup list or the IR w/ designation to return. If the team IR's him, I can gain a roster spot for the first half or the year. If they Pup him, I have dead cap space and dead roster spot for 12 weeks

Roto:

According to the NFL Network, the Seahawks hope to have Percy Harvin (hip surgery) back for Week 13.
When Harvin goes under the knife in New York on Thursday, the Seahawks are expecting doctors to do a relatively simple labrum repair. The timetable on that procedure is 3-4 months. As long as the surgeon doesn't encounter any complications and avoids reshaping the bone, Week 13 seems like a reasonable target date. It's a Monday Night Football game that comes after the Seahawks' bye. However, Harvin will have to be eased back into action slowly and get assimilated into the offense. We'd be surprised if he was completely unleashed before the playoffs.

No it doesn't.
So what exactly makes Harvin not a big deal due to the time he has missed in his career but guys like Matthews, Murray, JSTEW, Nicks are injury risks?

The more I play FF the more I am convinced that the answer to this question is simply "Well, if he is on my team, then he's not an injury risk but if I don't own him, he is."

Shutout said:
So what exactly makes Harvin not a big deal due to the time he has missed in his career but guys like Matthews, Murray, JSTEW, Nicks are injury risks?

The more I play FF the more I am convinced that the answer to this question is simply "Well, if he is on my team, then he's not an injury risk but if I don't own him, he is."
You, sir, have reached FF enlightenment.

I agree, "Fantasy Risk" comments are generally full of hyperbole and nearly impossible to prove either way.

I don't wish injuries on anyone. Yet I'm in awe of the continued parity between the Seahawks and 49ers... (New-ish coaches, new star QB's, now #1 wr's likely out for most of the season.)

Seahawks’ Percy Harvin: ‘Keep an eye on Week 7′ returnWednesday, September 4, 2013 by:Nick Eaton

Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin, who will sit out the start of 2013 after hip surgery last month, said Wednesday that his recovery is progressing along nicely and suggested that he could be ready to play earlier than expected.

“What’s goin on 12th man,” Harvin wrote on Twitter, “just checkn in … I’m making serious progress … keep an eye on week 7 … don’t hang them 11′s up … we workn.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/09/04/seahawks-percy-harvin-keep-an-eye-on-week-7-return/

Seahawks Percy Harvin: Keep an eye on Week 7′ return

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 by:Nick Eaton

Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin, who will sit out the start of 2013 after hip surgery last month, said Wednesday that his recovery is progressing along nicely and suggested that he could be ready to play earlier than expected.

Whats goin on 12th man, Harvin wrote on Twitter, just checkn in Im making serious progress keep an eye on week 7 dont hang them 11′s up we workn.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/09/04/seahawks-percy-harvin-keep-an-eye-on-week-7-return/
That would be awesome!!

I picked him up in one league. Had some depth at WR and figured he wouldn't be a bad roster stash. But is he really worth a stash already?

Surprised there's not more comments on this... He seemed to pretty much predict he was returning week 7... is he worth trying to get now? Everyone is freaking out about his tweet and thinking he's back week 7 and will be productive. I don't see it.

I agree. He was sitting on two of my three leagues waiver wires, and picked up him quickly on the news he may be back by week 7. I don't care about just making the fantasy playoffs. I need as many difference makers as I can have when the money is on the line. This reminds me a little of the stash and hold of Vincent Brown last year, that didn't pay off. But then again, Vincent Brown is no Percy Harvin.

Harvin is a high end WR2 when he's on the field. Pretty hard to find that kind of production on the ww.

He could lift a lot of teams who went RB heavy and need help at WR.

I agree. He was sitting on two of my three leagues waiver wires, and picked up him quickly on the news he may be back by week 7. I don't care about just making the fantasy playoffs. I need as many difference makers as I can have when the money is on the line. This reminds me a little of the stash and hold of Vincent Brown last year, that didn't pay off. But then again, Vincent Brown is no Percy Harvin.
Funny, that's the offer I just made, VBrown for Percy.

Harvin is a high end WR2 when he's on the field. Pretty hard to find that kind of production on the ww.

He could lift a lot of teams who went RB heavy and need help at WR.
Harvin was the #2WR in PPR last season through week 8, with the worst QB in the league. His upside is considerably higher than WR2.

I think there's no way he's back and productive in week 7. For one thing, I don't think players can practice with the team while they're on PUP, so week 7 will be his first time even practicing in the offense. It's not like Gronk where he's been there for 3 years and he can just pick it up as he goes.

With that said, as a Harvin owner, every time he talks about week 7 it makes me more optimistic that he'll be back by week 10.

If his doctor says it then count me in. Ill predict he gets busted smoking weed prior to week 7. When Harvin gets bored, he gets baked!

Users who are viewing this thread