What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton Manning neck injury (1 Viewer)

very hard to believe but the whole thing has been a mess... why did he wait till late May to get the first job done?

It almostlike he plays for the Mets.

Probably a hacker. Not heard a peep out of Schefter, La Canfora, Mort. Peter King would probably save the news for his Monday Morning QB, but that none of them have said a thing about this already...
Doubt it's a hacker. He replied to someone asking if he was drunk.@PacersMatt Very sober. I hope I'm wrong for Indy in a Super Bowl year. I hope I'm right because I'm gonna get hammered if not.

Peter King on Twitter:

SI_PeterKing Peter King

Colts president Bill Polian to me tonight on reports Peyton needs second neck surgery: "I don't know anything about that. I honestly don't."

So, there might be hope ....

Probably a hacker. Not heard a peep out of Schefter, La Canfora, Mort. Peter King would probably save the news for his Monday Morning QB, but that none of them have said a thing about this already...
Doubt it's a hacker. He replied to someone asking if he was drunk.@PacersMatt Very sober. I hope I'm wrong for Indy in a Super Bowl year. I hope I'm right because I'm gonna get hammered if not.
And that proves?? :lmao:

As a pats fan I love to hate Peyton. But news/rumors of this nature are always a bummer. Hope he does the right thing if he needs another operation and hangs them up.

Hope for the best.

Lol @ the people saying this guy's account was hacked. Cite something, don't just pull it out of your ###. At least this guy is someone with a name/job when he pulls a report out of his ### (and even then everyone is treating it with a healthy dose of skepticism).

the fact that vegas is no longer allowing futures bets on the colts or the winner of the afc south, i would suspect the rumor is closer to the truth.

the fact that vegas is no longer allowing futures bets on the colts or the winner of the afc south, i would suspect the rumor is closer to the truth.
Bad analysis. They're always going to stop taking action if there's any chance of major new information breaking. The downside of losing the hold on a half dozen Colts futures bets is a lot smaller than the downside of getting pounded by a syndicate with an 8-figure bankroll and an inside source.

Latest Peter King tweet

SI_PeterKing Peter KingTalked to an authority on Peyton surgery this weekend. Learned it's all about nerve regeneration. You can't rush Mother Nature.

I hope Manning doesnt tweet about how sick everyone is for being more concerned about their team than his neck. :popcorn:

Peyton, please post an MRI on twitter so ESPMedical can make their diagnosis.
"From the 1 of a possible 150 MRI images of manning's neck, Dr Kaplan has concluded that Peyton will never be able to make a witty Sony commercial ever again"Justin Timberlake via Twitter: zomgz, heartbroken

He had a good career and is a HOF qb. He needs to hang it up, neck injuries are serious business.This retirement will be bigger then Randy moss's, get ready for the non-stop espn coverage.Although I never liked manning it's sad to see one of the greats have to leave the game like this.
this has to be schtick

Whether it turns out to be legit or not, there are some ominous signs out there:

Irsay pushed hard for an upgrade at the backup position, getting Collins after "visiting" with Favre.

Also, Schefter and King have opined that they think Manning misses at least the first game.

I'm calling it now. Manning misses the season..

...and with the first pick of the 2012 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colt select:

Andrew Luck, Quarterback, Stanford University

Whether it turns out to be legit or not, there are some ominous signs out there:Irsay pushed hard for an upgrade at the backup position, getting Collins after "visiting" with Favre. Also, Schefter and King have opined that they think Manning misses at least the first game.
Any chance of another visit with Favre?

From Schefter on Twitter:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN from @mortreport: Peyton Manning is being revaluated by several doctors bc of slow progress. No other procedure planned now.

from Schefter:

Filed to ESPN from @mortreport: Peyton Manning is being revaluated by several doctors bc of slow progress. No other procedure planned now.

So it isn't as bad as we thought originally but definitely worse than before. Feeling really good about passing on him for Romo. This situation just is getting bad press from all angles and that usually means something.

Users who are viewing this thread