What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PHIL HUGHES SUCKED AS A YANKEE! (1 Viewer)

No bumps from the Hughes lap dogs today?
Another start another win for Hughes, Yankee fans have to be going crazy after letting him go for nothing, and at 8M a year for three years what a bargain for the Twins. I think we be seeing Mr. Hughes at the All Star game. Come back player of the year here :excited:
:confused:

The Yankees still play in Yankee Stadium, last I checked. He proved time and again he couldn't handle pitching for the home team in that park. Part fly-ball pitcher/part mental midget. Why on earth would they want him back?
So he gave up 3 hits and 2 runs in a WIN at yankee stadium this year, the kid is only 27 years old, anyone can have a bad year, but not coming off of a injury, he just needed some positive reinforcement, the Yankees don't have the time to develop anyone, the Twins will be sending their thank you card to the Yankees shortly
I think RN's point is that there aren't many (any?) Yankee fans lamenting this as "the one that got away". I don't know one single person who thinks Hughes would be pitching anywhere close to this if he was still a Yankee. And many Yankee fans (myself and Shady included) actually expected him to become pretty good once he got outta NY.

Regarding the extreme strike throwing referenced above, once again I'll chalk that up to having confidence in what will happen to the ball. He can throw a ball over the plate, have it get hit 320 feet, and it's a lazy flyball out instead of a cheapie HR. Just my opinion though.

No bumps from the Hughes lap dogs today?
Another start another win for Hughes, Yankee fans have to be going crazy after letting him go for nothing, and at 8M a year for three years what a bargain for the Twins. I think we be seeing Mr. Hughes at the All Star game. Come back player of the year here :excited:
:confused:

The Yankees still play in Yankee Stadium, last I checked. He proved time and again he couldn't handle pitching for the home team in that park. Part fly-ball pitcher/part mental midget. Why on earth would they want him back?
So he gave up 3 hits and 2 runs in a WIN at yankee stadium this year, the kid is only 27 years old, anyone can have a bad year, but not coming off of a injury, he just needed some positive reinforcement, the Yankees don't have the time to develop anyone, the Twins will be sending their thank you card to the Yankees shortly
I think RN's point is that there aren't many (any?) Yankee fans lamenting this as "the one that got away". I don't know one single person who thinks Hughes would be pitching anywhere close to this if he was still a Yankee. And many Yankee fans (myself and Shady included) actually expected him to become pretty good once he got outta NY.
I think you may be overlooking the significance of the ONE-GAME sample size which Gopher alluded to.

@RhettBollinger

Gardenhire said Hughes won't pitch out of the bullpen this weekend simply to reach $500K bonus so his season is done.

Health concerns? Guys pitch on three days rest all the time and this would only be for one out. He throws bullpen sessions, no? Sounds like a contrived BS story but whatever.

Health concerns? Guys pitch on three days rest all the time and this would only be for one out. He throws bullpen sessions, no? Sounds like a contrived BS story but whatever.
That makes even less sense. These guys have a thing about karma and jinxes and ####. Go out there after the "wrong" amount of rest and mess something up.. and it was just for money, now you're a hurt ### chump

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread