What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philadelphia Eagles draft thread (1 Viewer)

JAA

Footballguy
Sims is off the board. Denver just traded up, maybe for a WR or QB. Both the DTs are on the board. Looking good for the Eagles.

From NFL Draft Countdown

WINSTON JUSTICE OT | Southern Cal | Scouting Report

The Eagles would probably be pretty happy if Winston Justice fell into their laps because he is a player they have shown a lot of interest in over the past couple of months. With Jon Runyan getting older and Tra Thomas having some injury concerns it is time for them to bring in a top youngster at offensive tackle and Justice has the potential to be great. Even though he is still raw Justice is a tremendous talent with a lot of upside with the only question being his character and maturity after some off-the-field problems. There is talk that Philly might even be willing to trade up for him so if he's sitting here in the middle of the first round it should be a done deal.

Alternate Option: Haloti Ngata / Brodrick Bunkley

They would almost certainly have to trade up to get either of these guys but the Eagles have been aggressive on draft day in the past and when they lock into a player they have shown the willingness to go up and get him, like they did with Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews. They are said to prefer Ngata but Bunkley would be a great fit as well so watch for them to deal up.

Gots to be Bunkley. No way they take Jackson. Still could be Justice, but Bunkley makes the most sense unless they somehow trade down.

im surprised Phi is taking so long. They must already know who they have graded out better. Maybe they are fielding trade offers?

The grade is easy so far ... you take the player that falls into your lap. young solid DT rotation in place. Still need to address the C/OT position at some point.

Man this draft is DEEEEEEEEP! Time to package one or two of those 4th rounders to move up in the 2nd or late 1st.

WINSTON JUSTICE

Mangold

Chad Jackson

Lendale White

Last edited by a moderator:
I think NE is out of hte Walker hunt now. Now lets see what Denver does with this 2nd round pick. if it goes to GB then we know.

Traded up to get Winston Justice, good move with Thomas and Runyan showing age

He is a 1st rd talent who they were thinking of originally, so a good move

Still would have liked Walker more

Man this draft is DEEEEEEEEP! Time to package one or two of those 4th rounders to move up in the 2nd or late 1st.

WINSTON JUSTICE

Mangold

Chad Jackson

Lendale White
This guy is smart :goodposting: :thumbup:

Eagles Get

# 2nd round, No. 39: Winston Justice, OT, USC

Titans Get

# 2nd round, No. 45

# 4th round, No. 116

Congrats to the Eagles. This is EXACTLY how the Bills should have drafted and somehow the Eagles end up getting both of those guys many picks after the Bills picked. And that's why the Eagles have been winners for years now while the Bills completely suck.

Congrats to the Eagles. This is EXACTLY how the Bills should have drafted and somehow the Eagles end up getting both of those guys many picks after the Bills picked. And that's why the Eagles have been winners for years now while the Bills completely suck.
:goodposting: So how hard was it to get Rich Kotite into a Marv Levy costume and get him past the Bills war room security?

I'm trying to contain my excitement because lots of team's drafts look great on paper and turn out crappy and vice versa. But coming out of this draft with two of the three guys we were targeting at 14 is absolutely, unbelievably fantastic.

Meanwhile the Giants have missed big-time on both their picks (or, at least, they didn't fill any needs) and the Redskins moved up to pick McIntosh :lmao:

I'm trying to contain my excitement because lots of team's drafts look great on paper and turn out crappy and vice versa. But coming out of this draft with two of the three guys we were targeting at 14 is absolutely, unbelievably fantastic.
:suds:

it's still a disappointing day since we didn't get javon walker.
Denver will need to trade Lelie ...
I completely disagree...sure it would've been nice to grab Javon, but we still can add someone like Stovall and I'd much rather have Winston Justice + Rookie Receiver than Javon Walker. :shrug:

I completely disagree...sure it would've been nice to grab Javon, but we still can add someone like Stovall and I'd much rather have Winston Justice + Rookie Receiver than Javon Walker. :shrug:
Im not even saying I want Lelie ... I was only saying Den will most likely trade Lelie. We dont need Greg Lewis redux. Im not even sold on Stovall

:goodposting: It might not have even been the FO's fault. They might have even offered the 2nd but Denver's 2nd was higher. To give up our 1st is just silly. Hopefully Eagles will package their 3rd and another 4th to move up and grab Stovall.

I am guessing that the Eagles (or some other team) were trying to trade up in the first round and get Cleveland's pick to grab a one of the DTs. The Browns used that as leverage against Baltimore to to switch picks in the first round and get a better pick later. The Browns got the player that they wanted and upgraded their draft positon.

Since Ray Lewis essentially made it known that he wanted a Siragusa or Sam Adams DT it was obvious that the Ravens were targeting Ngata. May seem like a minor point but since Lewis was so out spoken about the pick, this cost the Ravens some value later in the draft. Makes me appreciate how the Eagles as an organization keep their strategies under wraps.

Draft looks good so far on paper for the Eagles. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread