What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philly Guys (1 Viewer)

Beef Ravioli

Footballguy
Hey All, driving past Philly this week abs want to catch a Phillies game, weather permitting. 

Is there a place outside of Philly (PA side) that I can ride a train or some form of transportation in to the park? 

Thanks!

It depends on where you're coming from, but basically you'll take regional rail to 30th Street station, transfer to the Market Frankford Line, transfer at the Broad Street Line and take that down to the stadium.

http://www.septa.org/maps/system/index.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-c122987/Philadelphia:Pennsylvania:Getting.To.The.Stadiums.html

(Ignore the token stuff, it all runs on cards now I think)
Broad street stops at suburban right?

so park at Conshohocken (right off 76) and then just take the manayunk norristown line to suburban and transfer to bsl there, no?

You can take the train from Parksburg which is way out towards Lancaster and there's a bunch of stops all the way to Philly. Any will get you to the game.

Broad street stops at suburban right?

so park at Conshohocken (right off 76) and then just take the manayunk norristown line to suburban and transfer to bsl there, no?
Yeah, that works too. Really just depends on where you're coming from.

But I agree with others, getting in and out of the Philly ballparks by car is pretty easy and there's a ton of parking around there. It's not cheap per se, but it's not terribly expensive either.

Skip the game and go to the Reading Terminal Market to get a sandwich at DiNic's...much more satisfying than a Phillies game.
I second the Reading Terminal Market suggestion but catch the Phillies game. They are good this year.

Skip the game and go to the Reading Terminal Market to get a sandwich at DiNic's...much more satisfying than a Phillies game.
only a few block walk to city hall where it is easy to catch the broad street line. can easily do both

Tell me more 
Well, I am not a Philly guy, but I have been there a few times.  The market itself is a neat experience, but the pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and provolone at DiNic's is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.  I don't know much about the broad street line that modogg is talking about, but I know whenever I make it back to Philly a stop at DiNic's is always in the plan.

Tell me more 
Reading Terminal market is in center City.  12th an arch St.    It's a place where there are sandwich shops, pa Dutch baked goods etc.

There is a train station at 15th and market that runs to the fields but I forget which station is not open on the weekends. It's been a long time since I took the train down from the center City 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading Terminal market is in center City.  12th an arch St.    It's a place where there are sandwich shops, pa Dutch baked goods etc.

There is a train station at 15th and market that runs to the fields but I forget which station is not open on the weekends. It's been a long time since I took the train down from the center City 
I love Beiler's doughnuts.  

And I also say just drive and park.  The train is great for people who live in the city to get to the game.  Traffic after the game is bad, but no worse than normal traffic after a game.

Unless there's some reason why you can't or don't want to drive (like drinking), just drive in by car.  The three Philly pro stadiums are right next to each other, just off of 95, and there's an absolute ton of parking.  You'll spend 90-120 minutes more trying to get there by train.   
Parking right next to the stadium will run you $18-20, hit Xfinity Live across the street for some adult beverages and plenty of food choices (though nothing as good as RTM)

Also be aware that the Sixers playoffs are this week too. Tonight there's a Phillies game and a Sixers game down at the Sports Complex. Doubt you'll be down there today if you're posting here but just a heads up.

We were in Hagerstown, MD visiting friends and thought we would get a Phillies game as we were scheduled to travel north. It was super windy and cold yesterday, so we decided to catch a game our next time through. Definitely going to try Terminal Market! Thanks!! I’ll report back!

We were in Hagerstown, MD visiting friends and thought we would get a Phillies game as we were scheduled to travel north. It was super windy and cold yesterday, so we decided to catch a game our next time through. Definitely going to try Terminal Market! Thanks!! I’ll report back!
Ill be in Hagerstown memorial day weekend. I'll say hi!!

I love Beiler's doughnuts.  

And I also say just drive and park.  The train is great for people who live in the city to get to the game.  Traffic after the game is bad, but no worse than normal traffic after a game.
Beiler's doughnuts is the absolute bomb. Desert for breakfast! Awesome!!

Of course, if you're at Reading Terminal and you have a sweet tooth, the cookies at Famous 4th Street Cookie Company are ridiculous and the cannoli from Termini Bros are heavenly.

Visiting a buddy in Harrisburg today and we decided last minute to go to the Phils game this afternoon.

Nice park but what a disaster to drive away from the park! Maybe because of being close to rush hour caused more traffic but it was terrible. Took us at least 25 minutes to get out of the parking lot. 

Enjoyed the park and the game and I am able to check another ballpark off my list.

Visiting a buddy in Harrisburg today and we decided last minute to go to the Phils game this afternoon.

Nice park but what a disaster to drive away from the park! Maybe because of being close to rush hour caused more traffic but it was terrible. Took us at least 25 minutes to get out of the parking lot. 

Enjoyed the park and the game and I am able to check another ballpark off my list.
Rush hour doesn't help but it depends on the parking lot. 25 minutes isn't terrible. I usually wait an hour before leaving anyway if I stay the full game :)

I will be in Philly tomorrow thru Sunday. A lot of time at the convention center but will be exploring during free time. We will hit Reading Terminal quite a bit but looking for other suggestions that are good and affordable for a family of 5. Went to Jim’s over 10 years ago. Might do that again unless there are other suggestions for cheesesteaks. 

I will be in Philly tomorrow thru Sunday. A lot of time at the convention center but will be exploring during free time. We will hit Reading Terminal quite a bit but looking for other suggestions that are good and affordable for a family of 5. Went to Jim’s over 10 years ago. Might do that again unless there are other suggestions for cheesesteaks. 
may want to try Delassandro's on Henry Avenue. Me personally i like the cheese steaks across the street better (Chubby's), but DelaSandro's is one that I think Jimmy Fallon always gets from and is one a lot of people like. 

Yes, you had the perfect storm.  Rush hour on 76 is a nightmare without gameday traffic.  We all thought you were talking about a weekend or a night game.

Either, way, thanks a lot, Shuke.  :angry:

Yes, you had the perfect storm.  Rush hour on 76 is a nightmare without gameday traffic.  We all thought you were talking about a weekend or a night game.

Either, way, thanks a lot, Shuke.  :angry:
Originally I was talking about a weeknight. Yesterday was a last minute decision. I told my buddy who had never been that @shuke said it would be easy and let’s go for it. My buddy hates @shuke now. My buddy’s family hates @shuke now because we missed supper. Thanks @shuke!!

After a game always hit Xfinity Live if you dont want to sit in your car for half an hour. They have drink and app specials for a half hour (or something like that). 

Rush hour doesn't help but it depends on the parking lot. 25 minutes isn't terrible. I usually wait an hour before leaving anyway if I stay the full game :)
For real. I went to a Sixers game a couple weeks ago and at 9pm it took 30 minutes to get from the Wells Fargo lot to I-95. For a day game that got done around rush hour, 25 minutes was a blessing! 

For Eagles games, where the stadium holds twice as many as CBP, it's actually not that bad. Mostly because of the days/times they play, but also all the streets around the stadium complex get altered specifically for traffic flow. They can't do the same for 81 Phillies games, though. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread