What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Photos from the Eagles-Lions Snow Bowl (1 Viewer)

Amused to Death

Footballguy
Games like that don't happen often so I thought non-Eagles and Lions fans might get enjoy them.

It was a game that Eagles fans will remember for years to come. The surprise blizzard caught everyone off-guard and led to one of the most memorable football games of all time. The Eagles found their footing in the second half and roared past the Lions by a final score of 34 to 20.

Photos here.

Awesome game. My brother and his girlfriend were at the Linc for this, and the differences in their Facebook feeds during the game was hilarious...he's going on about how great it is and how all the snow is perfect for keeping his beer cold, and she's just got a single post about how this is the worst day of her life...haha.

I was there. The first quarter, we were thinking, "How are we going to stand outside for three hours of this?" But you get used to it (well, other than standing on what is essentially a block of ice). Still, one of those things I'm glad I got to experience.

Tolly! Just read the link from your link about Don Tollefson....crazy. Didn't hear about that.

I was there. The first quarter, we were thinking, "How are we going to stand outside for three hours of this?" But you get used to it (well, other than standing on what is essentially a block of ice). Still, one of those things I'm glad I got to experience.
For future use, bring cardboard boxes to stand on at a snow game. If they don't let you bring them in just ask one of the vendors in the stadium, they'll give them to ya. Makes a world of difference standing on the boxes instead of snow and frozen concrete.

For future use, bring cardboard boxes to stand on at a snow game. If they don't let you bring them in just ask one of the vendors in the stadium, they'll give them to ya. Makes a world of difference standing on the boxes instead of snow and frozen concrete.
The problem was that the forecast called for light snow starting at 4. Instead, it started snowing heavily at 11:30. There are a lot of things we would have done differently if we had known what we were in for. But that is a good suggestion.

This one was my favorite. It's from the catch where Calvin broke the Lions receiving record. Bonus, there's an animated one as well:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/12/8/5189656/calvin-johnson-lions-receiving-record
Congrats to him for shattering Moore's record. Didn't realize that was the catch that did it. Love the gif of the tackle where Calvin gets the face full of snow. I think he came out for a play to clear the snow from his face and helmet. I don't think they were allowed to take off their helmets on the field even for snow.

Users who are viewing this thread