What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick the 2 Best QBs... (1 Viewer)

Pick the best 2 QBs from these options

• Marino (All-Time) & Manning (Current)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marino (All-Time) & Brady (Current)

• Montana (All-Time) & Manning (Current)

• Montana (All-Time) & Brady (Current)

• Total voters
Sounds like for a QB to be able to get away with not putting up much offense, the defense has to carry the game, doesn't it?
:yes: or else he needs a REALLY good supporting running game.

Of course, the bulk of my post questioned the value of comparing the 100/0 and 350/4 guys by turning INTs into negative yards and then calculating the resulting number under the 12 yards = 1 pt formula.
Agreed. Leftwiches win when the Jags gave up more than 14, incidentally, came on a Fred Taylor 160 yard rushing day.Also, the 0-5 record that was posted for 350ish yards, 0 picks isn't right. I don't know what it is, but there are QBs who won their game with that. Just spot checking a couple I found Vinny and Bulger who both won, week 2 and week 5. I'd guess it's more like a 2:1 or 3:1 lose to win ratio, but I'm not going to take the time to look up all the games.
350, 0? :wall: forget it..
Chill dude, you never made a typo? Should have said 350 yards, 3 picks. Vinny week 2: 322 yards, 1 TD, 3 picks

Bulger week 5: 325 yards, 3 TDs, 3 picks.

They are closer to 350 yards than was AJ Feeley who was included in the list, and two other QBs you posted had 3 TDs as well, so I don't know why they wouldn't be included?

Sounds like for a QB to be able to get away with not putting up much offense, the defense has to carry the game, doesn't it?
:yes: or else he needs a REALLY good supporting running game.

Of course, the bulk of my post questioned the value of comparing the 100/0 and 350/4 guys by turning INTs into negative yards and then calculating the resulting number under the 12 yards = 1 pt formula.
Agreed. Leftwiches win when the Jags gave up more than 14, incidentally, came on a Fred Taylor 160 yard rushing day.Also, the 0-5 record that was posted for 350ish yards, 0 picks isn't right. I don't know what it is, but there are QBs who won their game with that. Just spot checking a couple I found Vinny and Bulger who both won, week 2 and week 5. I'd guess it's more like a 2:1 or 3:1 lose to win ratio, but I'm not going to take the time to look up all the games.
350, 0? :wall: forget it..
Chill dude, you never made a typo? Should have said 350 yards, 3 picks. Vinny week 2: 322 yards, 1 TD, 3 picks

Bulger week 5: 325 yards, 3 TDs, 3 picks.

They are closer to 350 yards than was AJ Feeley who was included in the list, and two other QBs you posted had 3 TDs as well, so I don't know why they wouldn't be included?
Green is the only one who actually hit 350 and 4 so I tried to include those who hit 350 and 3. Feeley shouldn't have made the list, my mistake. The relative infrequency of such performances should tell us something about how much coaches want to avoid them.

In any event... I have a feeling had Adam Vinatieri been Scott Norwood, Brady's votes in this poll would be cut in half, despite him having played the same exact game. And with that, I'm out. I actually intended to stop posting after seeing the thing someone posted about how Brady was the best and you could tell it from how suave he looked spiking the ball. I know it wasn't jurb or valhallan, but it just put the whole topic in absurd relief for me.

In any event... I have a feeling had Adam Vinatieri been Scott Norwood, Brady's votes in this poll would be cut in half, despite him having played the same exact game. And with that, I'm out. I actually intended to stop posting after seeing the thing someone posted about how Brady was the best and you could tell it from how suave he looked spiking the ball. I know it wasn't jurb or valhallan, but it just put the whole topic in absurd relief for me.
Brady would have gotten the ball up a little closer for Norwood's kick.

I actually intended to stop posting after seeing the thing someone posted about how Brady was the best and you could tell it from how suave he looked spiking the ball.  I know it wasn't jurb or valhallan, but it just put the whole topic in absurd relief for me.
Good point. I think this thread has run its course. I too am content to let it die.

Last edited by a moderator:
In any event... I have a feeling had Adam Vinatieri been Scott Norwood, Brady's votes in this poll would be cut in half, despite him having played the same exact game.  And with that, I'm out.  I actually intended to stop posting after seeing the thing someone posted about how Brady was the best and you could tell it from how suave he looked spiking the ball.  I know it wasn't jurb or valhallan, but it just put the whole topic in absurd relief for me.
Hmm, missed that. Hopefully you don't think jurb and I are that caddy. See ya.Oh and I'd still pimp a ringless Brady.. already doing so with Delhomme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread