What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pitta carted off - NOT out for the year, welcome back (1 Viewer)

buck naked

Footballguy
Dennis Pitta was carted off the practice field with an unknown injury Saturday.
Pitta was involved in a collision with safety James Ihedigbo, and the severity and exact injury are unknown at this point. We're not going to speculate because this is all the information we have at this point, but it's obviously something to monitor over the course of Saturday afternoon. Stay tuned.

Edit - Nice return in first game back!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pitta covered his face with a towel as he was taken from the field".

I always hate to hear this in regards to TC injuries. Players usually know before anyone else. Hopefully it's just a contusion.

ETA - never mind, I was way late to the party.

Seriously…. The trade for this guy is still pending in my league. I just got screwed.

Dammit.

When I dislocated my hip it took me four or five months to get back to walking normally. Your sciatica is right there as well, so there's a small concern for nerve damage.

However, Pitta is in way better shape than me and will probably be a touch more dedicated to rehab. Either way, it's not a minor injury.

i'm not a doctor but it doesn't sound good. isn't a dislocated hip the same injury that ended bo jackson's career?

Ravens need to take a look at WRs. Probably needed to before Pitta injury, but now it's unquestionable they do.

I think Brandon Lloyd would be the best addition they could make. Think he has a lot more left than Moss and doesn't have the concussions isses of Collie/L.Robinson.

i'm not a doctor but it doesn't sound good. isn't a dislocated hip the same injury that ended bo jackson's career?
Bo had a subluxation and his deal was kinda crazy because it was misdiagnosed for a while and the blood flow basically got cut off, resulting in atrophy. I think they said Bo actually ripped it out due to the power he possessed and the ball of the joint just popped out and back in. Very unusual deal.

I don't know about Pitts abut its gotta be something going on for harbaugh to immediately talk about missed time from the get go.

If I remember correctly, Jackson's hip became such a problem because they didn't believe him. He said his hip popped out and went back in, and they said he was nuts.

The delay before diagnosing which led to a delay in fixing the disrupted blood flow killed all the cartilage in the hip. That's what caused the major problem.

@JeneBramel 12m

To expound on that last Pitta thought -- worry is immediacy of the surgery. Suggests something needs to be evaluated and/or fixed ASAP.

@JeneBramel 9m

Things like labral tear could probably wait. Bony injuries or any instability after hip back in place are more time sensitive.

Sweet. Calling Brandon Lloyd, Ravens need someone to catch some passes.

Either that, or we're going to see Dickson or Doss emerge.

Bad karma dude, never refer to an injury as awesome, sweet or in any beneficial term, the fantasy gawds frown on that.

Bad karma dude, never refer to an injury as awesome, sweet or in any beneficial term, the fantasy gawds frown on that.
Have you read the thread? I just traded for the guy. Why would I celebrate his injury, and further, why would you assume I'm that type of person?

It's called sarcasm.

Pitta currently in surgery
Wow, that severe for instant surgery?
Well, would YOU want to wait to get your hip popped back into place?? Emergency surgery does not necessarily mean more severe or season ending.
They generally put people under for the reduction. Popping a hip in is a lot different than a shoulder. No idea if it's comparable to when I had it done, but the doctor put me under to reduce it as soon as I got to the hospital, then I had surgery four days later because they had to wait for swelling to go down. Dislocating a hip is an injury usually seen from MVAs, not from contact sports. Must have been some collision.

ETA: What I basically mean is the emergency surgery may be just to put his hip back into place. Not something you can really do with a person conscious.

So...is that one less concern for Ray Rice, RE: Pierce taking too much work? Surely there will be a ton of receiving work out of the backfield for Rice now.

Sorry to hear, Pitta. :(

FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

So...is that one less concern for Ray Rice, RE: Pierce taking too much work? Surely there will be a ton of receiving work out of the backfield for Rice now.

This. Doesn't Rice move into top 5 discussion in PPR for sure now?

johnnyboy8102 said:
Leonidas said:

This. Doesn't Rice move into top 5 discussion in PPR for sure now?
Exactly what I was thinking. If they grab Leach back, I love Rice's value in PPR now.

Zaxxon said:
meyerj31 said:
FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Good insight here. :thumbup:
When a person like meyer31 is in win now mode in a dynasty with Pitta as his TE, that reaction is mildly understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread