What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Plaxico Burress a no-show with NY Giants (1 Viewer)

Steelers4Life

Footballguy
Not sure what it means, but it was just announced on ESPN Radio 1250 here in Pittsburgh that Plaxico did not show up for his scheduled meeting with the New York Giants today.People will jump to whatever conclusions they want, but there was no reason given so far. The Giants didn't have a comment other than to contact Plaxico's agent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh no wonder why. He heard the Giants were interested so he grabbed an early flight to San Fran. :confused:

Is it possible everyone is jumping to conclusions?

Maybe he's got the flu
Come on now! Barring death (God forbid, I do hope he is alright), any responsible person would at least call and say, "Hey, something has come up and I am going to be late \\ not make it."

Here comes the backdoor signing...
:thumbup: My money is here. You wanna bet that all the rumors about the Giants strong interest didn't get some other team worked up into a harried frenzy?

I'll bet someone swooped in and grabbed him...

I love offseason NFL... :popcorn:

I wouldn't be so quick to cry foul re: Burress. My guess is he's got an offer from another team and is going to move on it, thus negating the need (or utility) of going to New York for a visit.

I wouldn't be so quick to cry foul re: Burress. My guess is he's got an offer from another team and is going to move on it, thus negating the need (or utility) of going to New York for a visit.
gotta be the vikes :wishfulbutrealisticthinking:

i'd still cry foul over no phone call unless there was some miscommunication, ie he thought his agent was making the call.

i'd still cry foul over no phone call unless there was some miscommunication, ie he thought his agent was making the call.
Hey MA,Are we sure there was no call? I'm listening to NY radio and they're reporting he didn't come to his scheduled meeting, but they've not once suggested he or his agent didn't call and say they weren't coming.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're incorrect, but I haven't heard one way or the other. Is it being reported that he outright didn't show up without notice?

You think that the football players actually would make these phone calls??? :no:

this does have another team getting involved written all over it..This does take a sting out of the Giants off season.. they were really hoping to get more athletic and give Eli a big receiver who (unlike Amani) could make plays ine..Mason is off the board, do they go for somebody like Travis Taylor, Rod "Terrible Tony" Gardner or otherwise sit tight and draft somebody

Hey MA,Are we sure there was no call? I'm listening to NY radio and they're reporting he didn't come to his scheduled meeting, but they've not once suggested he or his agent didn't call and say they weren't coming.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're incorrect, but I haven't heard one way or the other. Is it being reported that he outright didn't show up without notice?
I tried to be as clear as I could.ESPN Radio reported nothing other than it was a developing story that Burress did not show up at his meeting with the Giants, and that the Giants had no comment other than to contact Burress' agent with any questions.

Didn't make a mention of whether or not there was a phone call.

Are we sure there was no call? I'm listening to NY radio and they're reporting he didn't come to his scheduled meeting, but they've not once suggested he or his agent didn't call and say they weren't coming.
Goot point. All we know is a meeting was scheduled but now Plaxico did not \ is not going to show up.

Otis...You need to come and defend your boy.
in this corner at 6'4" with a high belly button OTIS :boxing:

and in this corner, weighing in at 185 pounds

BlueOnion :boxing:

Hey MA,

Are we sure there was no call? I'm listening to NY radio and they're reporting he didn't come to his scheduled meeting, but they've not once suggested he or his agent didn't call and say they weren't coming.

jason, i was just (over) reacting to Steelers4's post. Sounded like the Giants were contacting the agent to find out status -- which they'd know if anyone called. But in rereading I see they were directing OTHERS to contact the agent-- guess i just hate bad manners, more than i hate the giants :D

Hey MA,

jason, i was just (over) reacting to Steelers4's post. Sounded like the Giants were contacting the agent to find out status -- which they'd know if anyone called. But in rereading I see they were directing OTHERS to contact the agent-- guess i just hate bad manners, more than i hate the giants :D
Manners clearly being a priority in professional football :unsure:

This does take a sting out of the Giants off season.. they were really hoping to get would lookk if Plax does go somewhere else
Couldn't have said it any better myself.
First, Plax was never signed sealed delivered. As a Giants fan, it all seemed preliminary so it is not that anything is lost. We might not get something that seemed like a good possibility for a day. With that perspective, assuming Plax is not a Giant and that is what it may look like right now (who cares what it seems like, in a little while we will know for sure either way) then the Giants have a deep WR class with some potential big target sleepers on day 2, if I recall. If the Giants pick the right guy with their 2nd rounder then they could fill the WR need for the future, giving Manning a prime target.

Either way, we have to see what happens with Plax.

[

First, Plax was never signed sealed delivered. As a Giants fan, it all seemed preliminary so it is not that anything is lost. We might not get something that seemed like a good possibility for a day.

i was listening to wfan and espn 1050 this morning before this happened ( or didn't) and that was my take as well. there was a fair amount of skepticism that giants would sign him unless they "got a deal." hmmm, maybe plax was listening, too...

This does take a sting out of the Giants off season.. they were really hoping to get would lookk if Plax does go somewhere else
:rotflmao:
thanks,Meant to say that the Giants were really hoping to get a playmaker for Eli and with Amani showing his age recently and the release of Ike, it really looked like a big receiver was a need they were going to address this year..There just isn't another top guy out there right now... unless you think that guy is Travis Taylor, Rod Gardner or another guy i've had on my fantasy team way too many times

thanks,Meant to say that the Giants were really hoping to get a playmaker for Eli and with Amani showing his age recently and the release of Ike, it really looked like a big receiver was a need they were going to address this year..There just isn't another top guy out there right now... unless you think that guy is Travis Taylor, Rod Gardner or another guy i've had on my fantasy team way too many times
You do love "Terrible Rod Gardner"By the way, the latest rumor is that the Vikings want him...

"Hello Mr. Brzezinski? This is Plaxico's agent. I know we wanted millions, but we'll settle for that box of girl scout cookies and Reggie Fowler's autograph that you offered earlier for Plax. We think he'll really fit in well with the Vikings? What, you're down to half a box of thin mints? We'll take it!"

Come on now! Barring death (God forbid, I do hope he is alright), any responsible person would at least call and say, "Hey, something has come up and I am going to be late \\ not make it."
Yeah. He coulda borrowed Joe Horn's phone. Horn always has his with him.

in this corner at 6'4" with a high belly button

OTIS :boxing:

BlueOnion :boxing:
I think Otis and I have come to an understanding that we just have different opinions of the guy. I for one, am not against Plaxico playing for the Vikings, however I would definitely prefer an angry Plaxico who feels he got disrespected and plays the season with a chip on his shoulder. This would be twice the player than a Plaxico with all the money in the world. Again, just my opinion.

if we're going to take the rumor and run with it... in light of rolle's signing in BALT and boston's release in MIA, I would suggest that it's most likely its either KC (who had the $ to spend on rolle) or MIA (where Plax can revel in the warm weather) dark horses: SD, HOU, DAL

in this corner at 6'4" with a high belly button

OTIS  :boxing:

BlueOnion    :boxing:
I think Otis and I have come to an understanding that we just have different opinions of the guy. I for one, am not against Plaxico playing for the Vikings, however I would definitely prefer an angry Plaxico who feels he got disrespected and plays the season with a chip on his shoulder. This would be twice the player than a Plaxico with all the money in the world. Again, just my opinion.
Miami Doesnt need another WR , unless they are planning to trade Chambers tothe vikings for a RB.

Vikings | No Interest in Burress - from www.KFFL.comMon, 7 Mar 2005 11:28:00 -0800Mark Craig, of the Minnesota Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are not a potential suitor for free agent WR Plaxico Burress (Steelers), according to a person with knowledge of the situation. There had been speculation the Vikings would pursue Burress after dealing WR Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders earlier this yearSo I suppose Burress will be signing with the Vikes in a day or two. ;)

i think the one team you can completely rule out is the steelers. my understanding is that they havent even contacted plax's agent.

Users who are viewing this thread