What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players On The Rise (1 Viewer)

SD1977

Footballguy
Who's stock is rising after week one?

Jordy Nelson - obviously the knee is fine and he has the confidence of his QB.

Hakeem Nicks - Cruz ate up all the TD's today but Nicks looked fast , healthy and was able to get separation early and often .

Anquan Boldin - no explanation necessary.

Miles Austin - finally healthy and taking advantage of single coverage. Should have a great season.

I would add Eli. Sure, he made some horrific football decisions but with a healthy Nicks to go along with Cruz, Randle, Myers he has some great weapons and it looks like with that status of the running game they will have to air it out. Good FF recipe for success.

QBs

Stafford, Bush is everything Det hoped for and more. Nobody will benefit from him more than Stafford.

Eli, struggling running game and great weapons on the outside should make for a big season.

RBs

D. Williams, he looked good running the ball vs a strong Sea D.

Murray, if he stays healthy it looks like he will be heavily involved in the Dal game plan.

WRs

Welker, Manning already loves this guy and you can tell.

Boldin, probably the most obvious guy on the list.

TEs

Jordan, anyone not sold on him should be now.

As a long time DWill supporter, don't get too excited. He won't be consistent enough to start every week. Not because he isn't good, but because he won't consistently get the carries.

I would add Eli. Sure, he made some horrific football decisions but with a healthy Nicks to go along with Cruz, Randle, Myers he has some great weapons and it looks like with that status of the running game they will have to air it out. Good FF recipe for success.
The problem with Gomer is that when you need him most he puts up one of his patented eggs. His big games rely too much on the lucky deep throw to Cruz.

Miles Austin - finally healthy and taking advantage of single coverage. Should have a great season.
Can we talk about Miles? Not a fan, but I need WR help. Can he be a solid WR3 with WR2 upside or will he be too inconsistent to be relied on weekly?

Dallas defense. I liked them going into this year and they looked better than their O last night.

As a long time DWill supporter, don't get too excited. He won't be consistent enough to start every week. Not because he isn't good, but because he won't consistently get the carries.
I think it's a different situation this season. He's the only game in town until Stewart comes back... if ever. And against the best defense in the NFL he put up 76 yards for 4.75ypc. I'm extremely optimistic going forward with him. He hasn't had consistent work nor consistent play calling since 2009. He could completely explode against Buffalo next week. I'd be grabbing him in every league you can if he's out there right now. While people are still just as iffy on him as you he's a massive buy target for me right now. If he can put up 76 yards on 16 carries against Seattle I see the sky as the limit for him this season. I had high hopes for him coming into this year and that performance against Seattle was better than anything I could have hoped for going into yesterdays games.

The problem with Gomer is that when you need him most he puts up one of his patented eggs. His big games rely too much on the lucky deep throw to Cruz.
While true, we may be seeing a different scenario this season. Once Eli settled in after that abysmal first half they looked rather unstoppable. If Randle can continue to be as good as he looked last night and Nicks can stay healthy? I really don't see how you stop this air attack... similar to his brothers team. If you cover Cruz and Nicks, Randle is in 1-on-1 and can beat the corner. If you cover Cruz, Nicks and Randle then Myers is literally just standing all alone in the middle of the field. No matter how you more the defense around someone is standing wide open with a lot of potential.

Dallas defense. I liked them going into this year and they looked better than their O last night.
Disagree by a lot... the Dallas defense was a mirage last night. Sure they got 6 turnovers but all 6 were gifts. And that offense looked completely inept to me all game. When Eli finally settled into the game Dallas couldn't cover anyone and Eli just ate them alive. If not for Scott's boneheaded play where he didn't turn around in time and it was a pick 6, Dallas somehow loses that game even with 5 turnovers. I think the Dallas defense will be on the field a lot this season if that offensive line doesn't get better. It looked a LOT better than it really was last night because Romo was taking 1 step drops and throwing the ball. And even with doing that hit was hurried or hit on about 13 plays and sacked on 2. If he actually held the ball for 2-3 seconds to let routes develop he'd probably have been sacked 12 times last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we talk about Miles? Not a fan, but I need WR help. Can he be a solid WR3 with WR2 upside or will he be too inconsistent to be relied on weekly?
I think he will be a low end WR2 this year. There are so many good targets in Dallas that there will be some inconsistency, but he looks rejuvenated to me and he will get his share in a good offense.

Winslow

When you are the apple of a young QB`S eye, you are going to see a lot of targets. Nice backup for now who could challenge for a TE1 spot.

with a reach - BenJarvis.. he did get the lions share of the work, and the goal line carries.
He'll be getting phased out. Did less that Bernard with more touches. 15 tocuhes to get 29 yards. Bernard only 5 touches to get 30 yards. Bye bye BJGE.

A little bit under the radar, but Daryl Richardson got 25 touches. Against a tough D, he still managed 94 YFS. Week 2 will be a bit of a test to see what the inclusion of Pead does here, but Fisher talked up Richardson post game and he might wind up with a very big role.

Ok, it was only one week, but I have to think Brian Hartline certainly needs to be watched a little more closely. I didn't get a chance to watch the game so I don't know if this was a situation where he had a weak CB on him or if he was really as great as his statline suggests.

Any opinions that can help?

Khy said:
SproutDaddy said:
I think it's a different situation this season. He's the only game in town until Stewart comes back... if ever. And against the best defense in the NFL he put up 76 yards for 4.75ypc. I'm extremely optimistic going forward with him. He hasn't had consistent work nor consistent play calling since 2009. He could completely explode against Buffalo next week. I'd be grabbing him in every league you can if he's out there right now. While people are still just as iffy on him as you he's a massive buy target for me right now. If he can put up 76 yards on 16 carries against Seattle I see the sky as the limit for him this season. I had high hopes for him coming into this year and that performance against Seattle was better than anything I could have hoped for going into yesterdays games.
Given the history it's highly unlikely. I was able to sell him in one of my dynasty leagues. I'm very happy with what I got in return. He might produce well this year, but I'd rather stay away from any RB in Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator:
biju said:
Ok, it was only one week, but I have to think Brian Hartline certainly needs to be watched a little more closely. I didn't get a chance to watch the game so I don't know if this was a situation where he had a weak CB on him or if he was really as great as his statline suggests.

Any opinions that can help?
I think you're on to something here. Hartline has good rapport with Tannehill going back to last year. Unless Wallace's whining cajoles the coaching staff to force more balls that way instead of in Hartline's direction, I think you'll see more results like yesterday's.

Khy said:
SproutDaddy said:

lod01 said:
Judge Smails said:
While true, we may be seeing a different scenario this season. Once Eli settled in after that abysmal first half they looked rather unstoppable. If Randle can continue to be as good as he looked last night and Nicks can stay healthy? I really don't see how you stop this air attack... similar to his brothers team. If you cover Cruz and Nicks, Randle is in 1-on-1 and can beat the corner. If you cover Cruz, Nicks and Randle then Myers is literally just standing all alone in the middle of the field. No matter how you more the defense around someone is standing wide open with a lot of potential.

cr8f said:
Disagree by a lot... the Dallas defense was a mirage last night. Sure they got 6 turnovers but all 6 were gifts. And that offense looked completely inept to me all game. When Eli finally settled into the game Dallas couldn't cover anyone and Eli just ate them alive. If not for Scott's boneheaded play where he didn't turn around in time and it was a pick 6, Dallas somehow loses that game even with 5 turnovers. I think the Dallas defense will be on the field a lot this season if that offensive line doesn't get better. It looked a LOT better than it really was last night because Romo was taking 1 step drops and throwing the ball. And even with doing that hit was hurried or hit on about 13 plays and sacked on 2. If he actually held the ball for 2-3 seconds to let routes develop he'd probably have been sacked 12 times last night.
the two Wilson fumbles were stripped... they CAUSED the fumbles... don't get how they were gifts... let's give credit where it is due... TB used to get a lot of turnovers back in the day... CHI does now, and trestman inherited lovie's D, who was a dungy/kiffin disciple...

as far as coverage trouble, nicks, cruz and randle might be the most talented trio they face all year (not looking at schedule - off top of my head)...

they are short handed, missing half the DL (spencer and ratliff), and TB variant of cover two predicated on front four pressure... they did a good job under the circumstances...

not sure about safety, perennial issue in DAL... but ware was all pro caliber (spencer outplayed him second half of 2012, I think ware was hurt)... lee and carter have pro bowl caliber talent... carr and claiborne above average CB duo...

I agree that Nicks and Cruz looked good, but color me impressed with what I saw from Reuben Randle. You're crazy not to scoop him up in dynasty leagues, as he no doubt will be a top 20 WR when they let Nicks go next season. There is no way they resign HN, given his proclivity to get hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread