What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players that fell off the face of the earth (1 Viewer)

Wheelhouse

Footballguy
A trip down memory lane - whatever happened to these guys. IR and then :tumbleweed: Or did they retire? Some of these guys might still be able to play. Notice, I underlined might

Willie Jackson - Saints WR

Germane Crowell

Patrick Jeffers

Antonio Freeman

Trung Canidate

Lamar Smith

Quincy Carter

Ryan Leaf :ph34r:

Who else can you think of? :missing:

I think...think...the Saints had signed Crowell and L. Smith at some point last year. I know those guys were camp or practice squad bodies for someone last season and I thought it was the Saints.

Lamar Smith kicked ### for me a few years ago with the Phins. Couldnt tell you where he was at right now.

A trip down memory lane - whatever happened to these guys.  IR and then :tumbleweed: Or did they retire?  Some of these guys might still be able to play.  Notice, I underlined might

Willie Jackson - Saints WR

Germane Crowell

Patrick Jeffers

Antonio Freeman

Trung Canidate

Lamar Smith

Quincy Carter

Ryan Leaf  :ph34r:

Who else can you think of?  :missing:
Jackson- retired... i think he was just getting too old and fading out like Brown. Crowell- suffered 2 many injuries to the knees that ended his careerJeffers- read Crowell

Freeman- really wasnt as good as he thought, after leaving Favre he faded out

Candidate- wasnt good after he left STL faded out in washington

Smith- was good in MIA just was getting old

Carter- was never given a fair shake in Dallas and was a pretty decent QB

Ryan Leaf -the biggest bust in football history, never lived up to potential

Last edited by a moderator:
James Stewart
was a productive back dating back to his Jacksonville days as Fred's back up. actualy Fred took the role from him.was signed by Detroit as a FA to take over after Barry Sanders retired. remained productive for a few years, injuries took its toll with him most of his career. faded out of favor with the new regime in Marty and Millens system a couple years back.

Carter- was never given a fair sniff/line in Dallas and was a pretty decent QB
Fixed.....Wasn't given a fair shake? Are you kidding me? So you advocate having cocaine addicts as your QB?

Steve EmtmanAndy KatzenmoyerMichael BishopJim Druckenmiller :bag: Travis PrenticeOh man, I could go on forever....

Here's a guy that's really forgotten.I knew what he did, but I couldn't remember who he was. I knew he was either a Rams RB or Lions RB. But it's not Amp Lee. It's not Robert Holcombe. But I found him:Greg Hill.Sure, I know what you're thinking: Who?But Hill had 240 rushing yards and 4 TDs in 1998. That's normally unimpressive, but consider that Hill only played two games that year. :thumbup:

David LaFleurDarrell RussellScott MitchellErik FlowersJeff Lageman (IIRC, he's doing color commentary for the Jags)R Jay SowardTony Mandarich

Barry Fosterthis guy had an incredible year for the Steelers once, was a consensus top-5 fantasy pick the next year, disappointed that season, and then fell off the face of the earth.

Barry Foster

this guy had an incredible year for the Steelers once, was a consensus top-5 fantasy pick the next year, disappointed that season, and then fell off the face of the earth.
Sounds a lot like Christian Okoye. I remember when someone drafted him ahead of Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith. :eek:

Cecil Collins
I think the Diesel might be doing time. The IsmailsI want to say one of the Ismail's do work for ESPN. Heck, it could be each of them but I know I saw one on the Game Day set and one on Monday Morning Quarterback.

Quincy Carter
I read last week that he's still planning to return.
Quincy plans to return to NFL

IRVING - Former Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter said Tuesday that he plans to be back in the NFL.

Carter filed retirement papers with the NFL in September. According to agent Eugene Parker, Carter submitted his retirement papers to collect his severance pay. Carter can unretire at any time.

Carter played for the New York Jets in 2004 after being cut by the Cowboys in August.

The Jets did not re-sign him for 2005. And he was not invited to camp by any other team.

Carter is awaiting the results of grievance the National Football League Players Association filed against the Cowboys regarding his termination in 2004.

The NFLPA contended the Cowboys cut Carter in part because he violated the league’s substance-abuse policy, which is against the guidelines of the collective bargaining agreement. The Cowboys say he was cut for poor play.

If Carter wins, he could get his 2005 salary of roughly $1 million.
LinkI'm a little surprised that Anthony Simmons didn't wind up somewhere this season. He's still only 29 so I guess his injury must have been pretty bad. :shrug:

I heard on Dallas sports radio last week that Quincy Carter had been at the Cowboy's Valley Ranch complex... for meetings related to his grievance that they released him unfairly. Wonder if that was tense having him back in the building?

Ahhh, some of those names take me back to when I first started in the hobby. A few more:Robert Delpino--He actually ended up as my RB1 one year! Rodney Thomas--Thought both he and McElroy would be solid pros when they were at A&M.....was wrong on both counts.Lawrence Dawsey--Didn't he blow out his knee or something?Roosevelt PottsReggie Langhorne--Anybody remember why he retired so abruptly? His last year was pretty good, IIRCTim WorleyEthan Horton Rod Bernstine--best RB/TE I've ever rosteredBernie Parmalee--wonder if he went back to driving the UPS truck?

Willie Jackson was in Denver's camp a couple of years back. He and Plummer looked like they were making a good connection, then Willie got cut.Rodney Thomas had a good skill set, but never seemed to get the chance full time.Leeland McElroy also came to Denver's camp one year. :bag:

Here is my favorite: Derrick MayesGuy catches like 8+ TDs for Seattle the year Joey Galloway sat out. I believe he was injured the next year and then just vanished. I even think I saw him on the side of a milk carton once...

Here is my favorite: Derrick Mayes

Guy catches like 8+ TDs for Seattle the year Joey Galloway sat out. I believe he was injured the next year and then just vanished. I even think I saw him on the side of a milk carton once...
Yeah he actually had 10 that year. The very "in" pick the following year before he proceeded to do zippo.

Bam MorrisFred Lane Napoleon KaufmanTyrone WheatleyBoo WilliamsSly morrisDonald HayesWilly Green (yes, I know where he is but he hasn't done a thing)Cam CleelandJay Riermersma

Bam Morris

Fred Lane

Napoleon Kaufman

Tyrone Wheatley

Boo Williams

Sly morris

Donald Hayes

Willy Green (yes, I know where he is but he hasn't done a thing)

Cam CleelandJay Riermersma
Isn't Cleland back in the league? STL?

How about these players?Eric Rhett ??Harold GreenBruce PickensGino Toretta ???Yatil Green -- man I saw his college games and HE WAS GOOD ..or atleast I thought he was...drafted by my favorite team..Miami..he was supposed to have been Marino's next superstar WR...*sigh*Natrone MeansSkip HicksJJ StokesTavian Banks - Tim Dwight's teammate from Iowa (drafted same year as Fred Taylor by Jaguars as well)

Kimble AndersJonathan LintonRobert Edwards (looked OK for the fish a few years back)The other Ricky WilliamsNapolean Kaufman (tore up the league one year and then faded into oblivion)Stacy MackErict (Sp?) RhettGary Brown (went to the Giants, had that accident and vanished)EG GreenTerrence Wilkins

Kimble Anders

Jonathan Linton

Robert Edwards (looked OK for the fish a few years back)

The other Ricky Williams

Napolean Kaufman (tore up the league one year and then faded into oblivion)

Stacy Mack

Erict (Sp?) Rhett

Gary Brown (went to the Giants, had that accident and vanished)

EG Green

Terrence Wilkins
I know Kaufman retired to become a preacher or minister..something like that...

One of my fav fantasy RBs from the old days was Butch Woolfolk of the New York Football Giants. I had him a couple of years, and he motored pretty good in his day.Another was Freeman McNeil of the Jets Jets Jets from about the same era.Then there's this really REALLY REALLY old Quarterback named Vinny somebody. I wonder where he is these days. :P

One of my fav fantasy RBs from the old days was Butch Woolfolk of the New York Football Giants.  I had him a couple of years, and he motored pretty good in his day.

Another was Freeman McNeil of the Jets Jets Jets from about the same era.

Then there's this really REALLY REALLY old Quarterback named Vinny somebody.  I wonder where he is these days.  :P
ooh..a Jets fan ey?How bout..Browning Nagle?

What ever happened to him?

Ooh...

Todd Marinovich ?

Dan McGuire (sp?) I THINK that's Mark's younger brother...

Users who are viewing this thread