What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players to target based on Strength Of Schedule rest of the way (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
It's that time for teams in the hint to make that trade that will put them over the top.

Let's hear your top 1 or 2 picks at every offensive skill position for te remainder of the year based solely on softness of remaining schedule. Has to be a player that has been playing really well or a player that you think is about to start scoring in the top 5 at their position based on schedule. No mediocre players. For instance, KC's passing schedule is cake from here on in, but does anyone think that Alex Smith is going to propel your team to fantasy stardom? If KC defense was terrible and it forced them to throw a lot maybe but that's not the case.

Playoff weeks are in bold

QB:

1. [SIZE=16.363636016845703px]RG3 - It's a risk bc he hasn't played up to snuff, but he certainly has the talent to turn things around, some good weapons to throw to and my goodness does his schedule look good from here on out! Week: 9. SD, 10. Minn, 11. Phi, 12. SF (semi tough), 13. NYG, 14. KC (tough), 15. ATL, 16. DAL. So aside from KC in week 14 (which admittedly could wreck you in the 1st week of the playoffs, [/SIZE]griffin[SIZE=16.363636016845703px] has smooth sailing and a terrible defense that should force him to throw and run from here on out. My suggestion: If you are a peyton or brees owner, float a trade offer to the guy who owns griffin in your league, but ask for griffin and a stud WR/RB/TE in return. [/SIZE]
  2. Jake Locker - This kid has been lighting it up with his arm AND legs in his last several starts. The bye week is perfect for his hip to heel up a little more. He's got solid weapons to throw to and his defense although solid is far from a shut down unit. I have him as my backup to Peyton Manning and my confidence in him is rising to the point that I might trade away manning to get a stud RB or WR and start Locker ROW. Week: 9. STL, 10. Jax, 11. Indy, 12. OAK, 13. Indy, 14. Den, 15. Ari, 16. Jax
  3. [SIZE=16.363636016845703px]Josh McCown - This isn't for a trade, this is a waiver wire grab for a backup qb. IF you [/SIZE]believe[SIZE=16.363636016845703px] that McCown has any talent whatsoever, he certainly has the weapons, and the Bears defense is a shade of what they used to be so he'll have to throw the rock. Week: 9. GB, 10. Det, 11. Balt, 12. STL, 13. Minn, 14. Dal, 15. Cle, 16. Phi. I don't know about you guys but that's pretty tasty to me. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.363636016845703px]RB: [/SIZE]

1. Eddie Lacy - Kid's a stud. GB is down several key WRs and they've already shown an unusually serious commitment to the run game all year. Now the schedule moving forward looks delish. Week: 9. Chi, 10. Phi, 11. NYG, 12. Minn, 13. Det, 14. Atl, 15. DAL, 16. Pitt. DEFINITE trade target.
  2. M. Lynch - His schedule is tasty until the playoffs then I don't like it very much. But he is a stud and matchup proof anyway. Week: 9. TB, 10. Atl, 11. Minn, 12. NO, 13. SF, 14. NYG, 15. Ari, 16. STL
WR:

1. Brandon Marshall (or Alshon Jeffrey) - for the same reason I mentioned McCown. Week: 9. GB, 10. Det, 11. Balt, 12. STL, 13. Minn, 14. Dal, 15. Cle, 16. Phi.
  2. Victor Cruz (or Reuben Randle) - Eli's first read on every snap. Total stud that hasn't performed all that well for several weeks now, but that's about to change. Week: 9. Bye 10. OAK, 11. GB, 12. DAL, 13. Wash, 14. SD, 15. Sea (at home), 16. Det. SEa is the only matchup here that scares me. The rest should be a cakewalk.
  3. Honorable mentions: Pierre Garcon, Dez, Jordy nelson OR James Jones if his knee gets better soon. All have pretty favorable schedules moving forward.
TE:

1. A little muddled here. Finley would have been my top pick, but he's gone and despite the favorable remaining schedule for GB tight ends, I just can't bring myself to recommend quarless or bostick.
  2. An interesting guy to grab off the wire could be Joseph Fauria - Yes he posted a goose egg but every week wont be like that. Pettigrew didn't do much either. Calvin isn't going to post 329 yards every week. They released Scheffler presumably to get Fauria more involved. He could be an asset for fantasy teams down the stretch. Week: 9. BYE, 10. Chi, 11. Pitt, 12. TB, 13. GB, 14. Phi, 15. Balt, 16. NYG. Playoff schedule looks tasty. All teams that struggle covering the TE.
  3. Honorable mentions could be Martellus Bennett and Jason Witten.
Who am I missing? What are your thoughts?

Chris Johnson has it pretty easy

Nicks/Cruz - Giants have the cheesy defenses of the Redskins 2x, Oakland, Dallas, Detroit, SD

Nicks/Cruz - Giants have the cheesy defenses of the Redskins 2x, Oakland, Dallas, Detroit, SD
Yeah I'm just sort of down in Cj in general and I think locker is the play in tenn. The offense runs through him now not Cj. But Cj has a hot with his schedule. For sure.

Nicks...something is off. Not the same player. Regardless of what the depth char says he been passed over by randle and he won't be a giant next season.

I like McCown too.

But will Cutler really be out for that whole schedule outlined above???

I thought Philly had a very sweet schedule but they have to get their QB situation figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree CJ1k would have to be on the list, especially since they are finally throwing him the ball. I disagree with mccown, he is going to make alex smith look like a risk taker.... opposing d's know mccown has no arm strength and they dont have to worry about the deep ball like you do when cutler is throwing. next monday night is going to be an ugly one for mccown

Colin Kaepernick - SEA, @TB, ATL

By week 13 it's possible that his WR corp will consist of Crabtree, Manningham, Boldin and Davis. Seattle at home may seem like a scary matchup, but he's a guy who can get TDs and yards on the ground to make up for any passing deficiencies. Not to mention the offense will look alot different than the one that lined up in Seattle in week 2. The wk 15 and 16 matchups are juicy.

This is the thread I look forward to every year.

Really helped past years.

Trade deadlines are coming up within the next two weeks too.

This is the thread I look forward to every year.

Really helped past years.

Trade deadlines are coming up within the next two weeks too.
I used this exact strategy 2 years ago when I traded for mjd rt before the trade deadline. He was just above avg until that point if the year but his schedule ROW was easiest of all RBS.

He was the last piece that helped me win the title.

It takes half a season to really understand league wide SOS and what players are probably going to finish the season strong.

Yeah I'm just sort of down in Cj in general and I think locker is the play in tenn. The offense runs through him now not Cj. But Cj has a hot with his schedule. For sure.

Nicks...something is off. Not the same player. Regardless of what the depth char says he been passed over by randle and he won't be a giant next season.
Nicks hasn't been passed by Randle. This is the trendy thing to say but it's not based in reality. Nicks is consistently seeing 10 targets/game. Whether he re-signs or not next year, this year he's one of Eli's top three options. I'm not saying I'd bet on him to have a huge second half, but he'll have a couple big games.

I like McCown too.

I thought Philly had a very sweet schedule but they have to get their QB situation figured out.
Exactly. Those will be Cutler's juicy playoff matchups. I'd buy Alshon Jeffery now.

I like McCown too.

Exactly. Those will be Cutler's juicy playoff matchups. I'd buy Alshon Jeffery now.
I'm not sure how long cutler will be out but i've heard his groin injury is pretty severe. If it's cutler under center then it's cutler you should target. That schedule is too juicy to pass up.

I like McCown too.

I'm not sure how long cutler will be out but i've heard his groin injury is pretty severe. If it's cutler under center then it's cutler you should target. That schedule is too juicy to pass up.
Cutler is saying he can beat the 4-week timetable. I've never heard a real detailed description of his injury but the fact that he's saying he can beat the timetable makes me think (hope) it's not likely to turn into a two-month injury.

Anyone concerned with Brees?

Week 14 vs Car

Week 15 vs Stl - should be big

but

Week 16 at Car - They played him two weeks ago and their D is very solid. Road game vs divisional rival. Not too concerned, but I have a little birdie in the back of my head telling me to shop him around.

Anyone concerned with Brees?

Week 14 vs Car

Week 15 vs Stl - should be big

but

Week 16 at Car - They played him two weeks ago and their D is very solid. Road game vs divisional rival. Not too concerned, but I have a little birdie in the back of my head telling me to shop him around.
I put Brees and manning in the 1st tier of elite qbs. That tier is basically matchup proof. Orang mater how strong of a defense they face you start them and more times than not they prevail.

Rodgers would be in that tier rt now if he hadn't lost so many weapons to injury but he's pretty much there too.

If you have Peyton or Brees you can definitely trade them and target a few players on this list and if you trade wisely you can definitely upgrade your team nicely by doing that.

Think Brees and your worst wr for Kaep and jordy Nelson or lacy type trade.

Foster.

You might be able to get him at a discount now and he faces the Jags, Pats, Jags, Colts weeks 12-15.

Nate Burleson

at Bears

at Steeler

Bucs

Packers

at Eagles

Ravens

Giants

Obviously Calvin and Stafford are targets as well but Burleson can be had much much cheaper and I'm comfortable with him putting up WR20-30 numbers

DirtyCashDylan said:
rickyg said:
Tanner9919 said:
Regardless of what the depth char says he been passed over by randle and he won't be a giant next season.
As someone who was forced to start Randle last week, let me disagree with you there.
results based thinking here.

YTD Targets

Nicks - 67

Randle -45

Last 4 weeks

Nicks - 52

Randle - 22

Randle "out targeted" Nicks 2 times by one target and one time by 3 targets. The last three games Nicks has more than 3 times the amount of Randle.

I own them both and was hoping one got traded.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Foster.

You might be able to get him at a discount now and he faces the Jags, Pats, Jags, Colts weeks 12-15.
Houston has those sweet matchups vs the Jags in weeks 12 & 14. I would think that would apply to all Texans and the DST, except for Keenum.
What about fosters hammy? That worries me. Those can linger for a Rb or wr.

I'm not targeting him based on that.

Randall Cobb in a long shot. Especially if you have Boykin.

I was just looking at the Packers playoff matchups and they are going to romp. Was actually offered Jordan Cameron and Victor Cruz for Jordy and Gates. I turned it downs based on the weakness of opposing defenses. Cameron seems to be flagging a bit after his strong start. Jordy is just going to continue to roll as he always does.

Gates has some great matchups as well.

IF he can get healthy - Arian Foster has a nice schedule and his value is very low right now. Texans play @Jax, @Indy, vs. Denver weeks 14-16

IF he can get healthy - Arian Foster has a nice schedule and his value is very low right now. Texans play @Jax, @Indy, vs. Denver weeks 14-16
I traded for him due to his playoff schedule, but I'm hoping he takes the next two weeks off to heal and then comes back against the Jags week 12.

Buy low on Spiller!

#1 RB schedule during weeks 14-17
gotta add Jackson(bills) he get the goal line love and his fair share of touches, and Jackson can be had at a bargain price, plus you have that warm fuzzy feeling that spiller could stub his toe and miss time, as cj not a fast healer

He has 0 TDs through 9 weeks, he is as useless as any player. WW fodder is better.
Would certainly have to disagree. While he hasn't been great, he is not WW fodder. He's scored in double figures 5 out of 8 weeks in my PPR league which means he is a guy I'm looking at for potential WR targets for depth. Also, with Andre Brown back, hopefully they'll have a semblance of a running game.

Eli's schedule: Raiders, Packers, Cowboys, Redskins, Chargers, Seahawks, and Lions. Only the Seahawks have a tough pass defense.

Eli's schedule: Raiders, Packers, Cowboys, Redskins, Chargers, Seahawks, and Lions. Only the Seahawks have a tough pass defense.
His early season schedule has been fairly cakey and he has yet to produce (except in week 1 against brother Peyton).

A.Mo is going to run wild down the stretch. KC, Falcons, and Cowboys in weeks 14-16. Those are the 24th, 27th and 28th run Ds currently.

A.Mo is going to run wild down the stretch. KC, Falcons, and Cowboys in weeks 14-16. Those are the 24th, 27th and 28th run Ds currently.
I'm currently holding RG3, Alfred Morriss and Garçon on the same roster and am very excited for this playoff schedule.

I'm all in baby, but the Redskins playoff schedule is looking mighty fine if you can emerge past KC.

Justabump.

And I'll say again:

Philly's closing schedule looks awesome (if they can play well at home):

ARI

DET

@MIN

CHI

(@Dal wk 17)

Foles, McCoy, Jackson, Cooper, Henery, DST, all look good, heck maybe even one of the TEs finally does something.

GB also looks great but is held hostage until Rodgers returns.

Houston's gone to pot.

Andre Johnson and Keenum have favorable match-ups as well against the Colts & Broncos in week 15 and 16. If the Texans can figure out how to get back on the horse (see what I did there), they could stack some sweet numbers in the passing game.

Users who are viewing this thread