What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

playoff league (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew said:
You snipped me there FUBAR. Actually all three of you did as you cleaned out that tier. Pickings are slim so I'll try to gain an incremental advantage with Denver defense.
Thanks. Richardson was a target from the start, though Moncrief would have been a fine consolation prize.

QB - Manning

RB - Lacy

WR - Dez, Edelman, Wayne

TE - Witten

K - ?

Likely going to have to hope the pack comes back to me.

5.04 36. OldMilwaukee Panthers, Carolina CAR Def Tue Jan 6 8:22:21 p.m. ET 2015 15.00

5.05 37. bassnbrew Wayne, Reggie IND WR Tue Jan 6 8:22:22 p.m. ET 2015 2.20 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

5.06 38. FUBAR Waiting On FUBAR For The Next Pick

5.04 36. OldMilwaukee Panthers, Carolina CAR Def Tue Jan 6 8:22:21 p.m. ET 2015 15.00

5.05 37. bassnbrew Wayne, Reggie IND WR Tue Jan 6 8:22:22 p.m. ET 2015 2.20 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List

5.06 38. FUBAR Waiting On FUBAR For The Next Pick
Thank you.

At least I don't get stuck with Skankasaurus.

I going suggest that we just draft our keepers in rounds 7/8 if that help you out FUBAR. Also I screwed with the scoring to try to get it to pick up the 8th player but it didn't work. You may want to look at it again.

I going suggest that we just draft our keepers in rounds 7/8 if that help you out FUBAR. Also I screwed with the scoring to try to get it to pick up the 8th player but it didn't work. You may want to look at it again.
thanks, but no need for the draft. I just deleted all of round 8 and all of round 7 except Jeaton and Bro1ncos.

6.06 46. Bamac Waiting On Bamac For The Next Pick

6.07 47. Kardplayer Pre-Draft Selection Made

6.08 48. Stinkin Ref

7.01 49. jeaton6

7.02 50. Bro1ncos Pre-Draft Selection Made

I'll check the scoring later.

Last edited by a moderator:
6.06 Luke Willson

PM to Ref

ETA: Sorry if anyone tried to PM me. Inbox is now clear.

Didn't give much thought to what draft spot to pick, as I didn't think it was worth it to analyze rosters, try to figure who would keep who, and then who would take who and where the sweet spot would be. Romo/Hilton weren't the best keepers and maybe I overvalued them in some way as being my 7th and 8th rounders, hell I don't know. So I just took the first slot and hoped whatever small lead I gained by dominating you fools in the last draft would help carry me through to the final four.

1.01 Rob Gronkowski: pretty easy pick in this 2 PPRTE format. I will say I gave some consideration to Lynch and CJ.

2.08 Owen Daniels: I already expressed my feelings to you guys about how I thought you all handled round 1 and 2. Did not see that coming. Soooo...went with a TE as my flex which I wanted to do last week. With one fewer roster spot then we are accustomed to and a smaller player pool, I am hoping the 2 PPR thing carries a little more weight. I could be full of ####, but it seems that should somehow make sense. Since I was kind of digging through scraps at RB/WR because only one of you ####ers took a QB in round 1 or 2 I thought another TE offered the most value. Manning, Brady, etc in the third is going to make those guys tough to beat this week.

3.01 Shane Vereen: it's PPR, thats all I got. I maybe could have said screw it and rolled the dice hoping he made it back to me at the next turn but one of you ####ers probably would have snagged him. Felt forced into this pick, hate that but thats what you get on the ends.

4.08 Jerricho Cotchery: now the party really gets started. Just so you know, debating bewteen Wayne, Nicks, and Cotchery is not all it's cracked up to be. Had both of the other guys teed up first and then changed my mind which of course will come back to bite me. Wasn't sure which one of the INDY WR's would get the love, but at least knew that Cotch would be on the field. Of course the matchup isn't ideal, but I think CAR will be forced to throw and Cocth will get some targets. Wayne and or Nicks could be total non factors for all I know, but I almost considered taking both of them at this turn to lock up the INDY WR outside of Moncrief.

5.01 Gostkowski: BAL D playing pretty good

6.08 DAL DST: them or Indy

7.01 Tony Romo: feeling better about him as the week moves on

8.08 TY Hilton: tough matchup

Romo

Vereen

Hilton

Cotchery

Gronkowski

Daniels

Gostkowski

Dallas

:banned:

I spent 15 seconds more than Ref thinking about draft slots. Basically counted all the non-QB's who would likely be left, got to 14, and hoped that at least one person would take a QB, so the 14th would fall to me. Once Old Mil picked Rodgers, I was good to go...

Keepers:

Herron and Benjamin. Only other option was Panthers D.

1.02 - CJ Anderson - highest PPG of any non-QB, no brainer.

2.07 - Doug Baldwin - was between him and Daniels, but locks me in a second keeper for next week along with the winner of the RB game

3.02 - Coby Fleener - was between him and Peyton, but figured there would be no TE's left by the time it got back to me

4.07 - Mason Crosby - Packers should spend a lot of time beating on the Cowboys D

5.02 - Patriots - figured they should win, so why not? Also didn't want kicker and defense from the same team. Although I don't remember why.

6.07 - Cam Newton - last QB standing

Major decision was Peyton and Tim Wright vs. Newton and Fleener. Crosby probably would have been different in that scenario too.

I spent 15 seconds more than Ref thinking about draft slots. Basically counted all the non-QB's who would likely be left, got to 14, and hoped that at least one person would take a QB, so the 14th would fall to me. Once Old Mil picked Rodgers, I was good to go...

Keepers:

2.07 - Doug Baldwin - was between him and Daniels, but locks me in a second keeper for next week along with the winner of the RB game

3.02 - Coby Fleener - was between him and Peyton, but figured there would be no TE's left by the time it got back to me

4.07 - Mason Crosby - Packers should spend a lot of time beating on the Cowboys D

5.02 - Patriots - figured they should win, so why not? Also didn't want kicker and defense from the same team. Although I don't remember why.

Major decision was Peyton and Tim Wright vs. Newton and Fleener. Crosby probably would have been different in that scenario too.
I used similar logic except I went with rough tiers of non qb. Gronk was by himself but the next tier was 5 deep. 3rd tier was 3 deep (jt, Cobb, Sanders). The 6 spot locked me into one of the 2nd tier and I figured there was a chance 2 people would take qb. Plus I wanted to be in the middle to ensure I'd get one of the QBs I wanted.

Sort of worked except the 7 spot ended up being better. The 5 spot also would have been nice with one of the top backs.

Certainly not unhappy with Brady, stew, Nelson, smurf, Richardson, Olsen, a kicker on a great team facing a tough d and the d facing my qb.

I spent a lot of time thinking about my draft slot but after such a crappy start it really didn't matter as I only had two slots to chose from. Those ended up being spots 4 and 5. I knew I wanted to come away with one of Lynch/Lacy/CJ. With Ref a shoe in for Gronk, I figured next four would take DT, leaving one of the RBs left. Worst case was DT as the fall back but Old Mil hopped on Rodgers.

1.5 Lacy - Last of the big three and assures me of either Dez/Lacy moving forward.

I had DT, Gronk, big 3 RB, Nelson, Cobb, Sanders, 4 QBs as my second round target which totaled 12 players which was another reason why I told the 5th spot. The good news was when my pick came up only one of the 4 QBs was gone meaning I could skip QB and still get one of the in the 3rd.

2.4 Edelman - Back and forth between him and LaFell. I already discussed why I took Edelman. Hopefully that's a safe pick. Really hoping that Dez and Witten were the best keepers and make up my week one deficit.

3.5 Manning - Indy will push the Broncos to post points and people are putting Manning out to pasture pre maturely. This could be his final hurrah and I think he'll be ready. If Seattle D hadn't been selected I would taken them here and grabbed Wilson on the way back

4.4 Denver Def - Want either Beasley, Moncrief, or Richardson here. Once they were gone I had a 4 players in the next tier and knew only 3 could be selected. Tried to gain some incremental advantage here and having a scoring opportunity when Manning isn't on the field.

5.5 Wayne - Not an exciting pick but should be rested and rejuvenated. I think Luck will learn on him for clutch catches and he will want to impress his buddy Manning.

6.4 Vintieri - Kickers are crapshoot but he won;t get shut out.

QB - Manning (top 4)

RB - Lacy (top 4)

WR - Dez (top 4), Edelman (borderline top 8), Wayne (borderline WR2)

TE - Witten (top 4)

D/K - Denver/Vintieri (both top 4)

Keeper 1 - Lacy or Dez

Keeper 2 - Manning or Edelman as I can't see both Denver and NE losing

Keepers:

I used similar logic except I went with rough tiers of non qb. Gronk was by himself but the next tier was 5 deep. 3rd tier was 3 deep (jt, Cobb, Sanders). The 6 spot locked me into one of the 2nd tier and I figured there was a chance 2 people would take qb. Plus I wanted to be in the middle to ensure I'd get one of the QBs I wanted.

Sort of worked except the 7 spot ended up being better. The 5 spot also would have been nice with one of the top backs.

Certainly not unhappy with Brady, stew, Nelson, smurf, Richardson, Olsen, a kicker on a great team facing a tough d and the d facing my qb.
If Seattle shuts down Carolina and Revis locks down Smurf if could be tough road.

Keepers:

I used similar logic except I went with rough tiers of non qb. Gronk was by himself but the next tier was 5 deep. 3rd tier was 3 deep (jt, Cobb, Sanders). The 6 spot locked me into one of the 2nd tier and I figured there was a chance 2 people would take qb. Plus I wanted to be in the middle to ensure I'd get one of the QBs I wanted.Sort of worked except the 7 spot ended up being better. The 5 spot also would have been nice with one of the top backs.

If Seattle shuts down Carolina and Revis locks down Smurf if could be tough road.
Sure.

But I doubt either does

Keepers:

I used similar logic except I went with rough tiers of non qb. Gronk was by himself but the next tier was 5 deep. 3rd tier was 3 deep (jt, Cobb, Sanders). The 6 spot locked me into one of the 2nd tier and I figured there was a chance 2 people would take qb. Plus I wanted to be in the middle to ensure I'd get one of the QBs I wanted.Sort of worked except the 7 spot ended up being better. The 5 spot also would have been nice with one of the top backs.

Sure.

But I doubt either does
I like the way you think.

Keepers:

Sure.But I doubt either does
I like the way you think.
At least smurf wasn't shut down

Couldn't resist Manning. He's had two weeks off, he's due, Indy will push them.
IMO Brady and peyton are equal this week. Just waited until one was taken. Of course the remaining 3 could all outscore them both.
That was sort of my theory. Leaned Manning because the NE weather is more finicky and felt like Indy/NE game would be higher scoring.
Still feeling that way?

could be but I'll take this.

IMO Brady and peyton are equal this week. Just waited until one was taken. Of course the remaining 3 could all outscore them both.
That was sort of my theory. Leaned Manning because the NE weather is more finicky and felt like Indy/NE game would be higher scoring.
Still feeling that way?

could be but I'll take this.
Didn't see that coming.

Still feeling that way?could be but I'll take this.
Didn't see that coming.
Neither did i, wouldn't have taken the Baltimore d if I had.

Heading into Sunday...

Team Round 1 Round 2 Total Dallas @ GB Colts @ Broncos

FUBAR 97.55 92.05 189.60 Jordy

Stinkin Ref 116.75 67.90 184.65 Romo, Cowboys Hilton

Kardplayer 90.50 71.30 161.80 Crosby CJ, Herron, Fleener

Bro1ncos 97.60 61.20 158.80 Starks, Beasley, Cobb, Bailey J Thomas, Colts

Bamac 83.10 70.70 153.80 Adams Luck, Barth

jeaton6 85.30 38.60 123.90 Murray, Packers Moncrief, Sanders, D Thomas

OldMilwaukee 79.75 31.00 110.75 Rodgers, T Will Welker, Allen

bassnbrew 80.35 23.95 104.30 Lacy, Bryant, Witten Manning, Wayne, Vinatieri, Broncos

Heading into Sunday...Team Round 1 Round 2 Total Dallas @ GB Colts @ BroncosFUBAR 97.55 92.05 189.60 Jordy Stinkin Ref 116.75 67.90 184.65 Romo, Cowboys HiltonKardplayer 90.50 71.30 161.80 Crosby CJ, Herron, FleenerBro1ncos 97.60 61.20 158.80 Starks, Beasley, Cobb, Bailey J Thomas, ColtsBamac 83.10 70.70 153.80 Adams Luck, Barthjeaton6 85.30 38.60 123.90 Murray, Packers Moncrief, Sanders, D ThomasOldMilwaukee 79.75 31.00 110.75 Rodgers, T Will Welker, Allenbassnbrew 80.35 23.95 104.30 Lacy, Bryant, Witten Manning, Wayne, Vinatieri, Broncos
Green is # of points ahead, red is the # of points behind.

FUBAR 35.8 Jordy

Stinkin Ref 30.85 Romo, Cowboys Hilton

Kardplayer 8 Crosby CJ, Herron, Fleener

Bro1ncos 5 Starks, Beasley, Cobb, Bailey J Thomas, Colts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bamac -5 Adams Luck, Barth

jeaton6 -34.9 Murray, Packers Moncrief, Sanders, D Thomas

OldMilwaukee -48.05 Rodgers, T Will Welker, Allen

bassnbrew -54.5 Lacy, Bryant, Witten Manning, Wayne, Vinatieri, Broncos

This is still very much anybody's game. Having a lead right now is nice but with only Jordy left, I don't feel safe. (i.e. Luck could score those 35.8 points himself, Adams and Barth could easily outscore Nelson).

Congrats to those who advanced. You guys sure kicked my ### two weeks in row.

I don't think I'll ever draft Dez again, always comes up small for me when it matters.

2nd place by 0.1 points!!! Hoping for an adjustment overnight before we pick...

Code:
Team	         Round 1 Round 2 TotalStinkin Ref 	 116.75  104.45  221.20 Kardplayer 	 90.50 	 130.60  221.10 Bro1ncos 	 97.60 	 115.70  213.30 Bamac 	         83.10 	 129.75  212.85 FUBAR 	         97.55 	 96.25 	 193.80 jeaton6 	 85.30 	 98.10 	 183.40 OldMilwaukee 	 79.75 	 95.20 	 174.95 bassnbrew 	 80.35 	 90.50 	 170.85

I don't think I'll ever draft Dez again, always comes up small for me when it matters.
I knew taking the 6 slot would bite me!

At least it wasn't close.

I go back to work next week without access to mfl, and it's going to be a rough week, so someone else will have to set things up.

I knew taking the 6 slot would bite me!

At least it wasn't close.

I go back to work next week without access to mfl, and it's going to be a rough week, so someone else will have to set things up.
I can help.

Since there's only four of us, let's start on Tuesday picking spots. We should be able to bang this out in a day or two max...

hey I went back through the thread to try and get some clarification.......

I realize I have to announce my keepers first......but not sure I have to announce my draft slot at the same time.....there was an initial post that said keepers announced on Monday and then draft slot on Tuesday.....

and then it looks like we may have changed that.....

I know that last week I kind of did both at the same time (to kind of save time)......but if I don't have to announce my draft slot until after all of the keepers have been announced, I may want to take a look at that.....

doesn't really matter either way.....thoughts?

until I get a ruling I will hold off on draft slot, but I will keep:

Gronk

Hilton

message said Kardplayer can't receive any more messages and he is next to pick draft slot

I'll take 1.02

PM sent to Bamac letting him know he had 1.04

I have a partner meeting tomorrow at 11, so won't be able to make a pick between 11 and 1 eastern. I suspect we'll still be done by end of day tomorrow.

I set the draft up and deleted the eliminated teams. Just in case I screwed up the rosters, I reset the password for each franchise to FBG4fun

Sorry my mind is elsewhere. Can I remove the daniels pick?

If not understood.

I won't take a kicker or Gostkowski.

Users who are viewing this thread