What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoffs Thread - New York Giants V New England (1 Viewer)

These playoffs look like a couple of my fantasy league playoffs.

Hopefully players from the Packers, Patriots, Saints, Ravens and 49ers don't register on this board and claim an All Points league is the way to go.

Good game giants, hate to see everything collapse in the fourth for the pats like that, but here's my question:Witth 19 seconds on the clock, the pats spike it. It runs down to 17, which is understandable. But the next play is a 12 men on the field penalty. And afterwards, there are 9 seconds left on the clock.If that's the rule, then why not put 53 men and all your cheerleaders on the field every play in the final two minutes and just concede five yards at a time?
I've actually been saying for years that teams should do this and brought it up again with my wife when it happened here.There are actually tons of little ways to abuse the rules like this.
I was debating it when it happened today. It does lessen the chances of the offense gaining significant yards. It also means the offense automatically gets another play even if you have a play like a sack or interception that would have ended the game.The "put 53 men on the field" angle is ridiculous. They would probably be called for a palpably unfair act and the ref would be in his power to penalize the defense in any fashion he deemed warranted up to and including a touchdown.But putting 12 men on the field in that exact situation... yes, it's a smart play. I don't think that's a big deal though. There are plenty of other smart penalties that can and are committed in games that I don't think anything needs to be done about either.

Good game giants, hate to see everything collapse in the fourth for the pats like that, but here's my question:Witth 19 seconds on the clock, the pats spike it. It runs down to 17, which is understandable. But the next play is a 12 men on the field penalty. And afterwards, there are 9 seconds left on the clock.If that's the rule, then why not put 53 men and all your cheerleaders on the field every play in the final two minutes and just concede five yards at a time?
I've actually been saying for years that teams should do this and brought it up again with my wife when it happened here.There are actually tons of little ways to abuse the rules like this.
Probably because other coaches don't blatantly cheat like Bellichick.

Collingsworth keeps saying Manningham's catch was one of the greatest in Superbowl history. But it doesn't compare IMO to Tyree, Lynn Swann, or Santonio Holmes.

No kidding. An offensive penalty late in the game and the clock runs down. Why can't they put time back on the clock if it's a defensive penalty?
Because it's not the rule.

LOL what's the point in giving Eli Manning a Corvette? If he wanted one of those he'd buy it with the change he finds in his couch.

Is that why the Pats lost the game? Not trying to rub it in Fred but you sound like a disgruntled Pats fan.i
I congratulated the giants and asked a question. I know its more fun for you to be a #### right now, but I seriously don't understand the rule.If we want to talk about why the pats lost the game, consecutive drops on the second to last drive had far more to do with it, and drops on the final drive iced it. I was amazed that they had a pulse at the end. Very close and well played game, hate to see it end that way but good game to the bad guys.

UNREAL....ANOTHER MOMENT TO REMEMBER. Eli gets BB for a second time on a last minute drive. what a F$**$@ stud!!!!!

Is that why the Pats lost the game? Not trying to rub it in Fred but you sound like a disgruntled Pats fan.i
I congratulated the giants and asked a question. I know its more fun for you to be a #### right now, but I seriously don't understand the rule.If we want to talk about why the pats lost the game, consecutive drops on the second to last drive had far more to do with it, and drops on the final drive iced it. I was amazed that they had a pulse at the end. Very close and well played game, hate to see it end that way but good game to the bad guys.
Intentional groundings from the endzone and just tossing passes up for grabs downfield for INTs probably didn't help either.

I actually wondered this as well.

Im happy with the year the pats had. This was one of the worst teams to surround brady, and the gem of the season, gronk, got hurt the game before the superbowl. Brady carried this team to a lead in the final minutes of the superbowl, and made good passes that would have iced the game, just like in the afccg in 2006. The haters can enjoy tapdancing on the grave, but brady has shown everyone what a gamer he is. Im just sad they couldn't win it for myra.

One the QB figured out the strategy, he could simply spike the ball and take the 5 yards one or two seconds at a time.

Haters hate, that's what they do. Brady can't catch a ball he throws. Welker is the Goat here. Any sensible football fan can see that.

Im happy with the year the pats had. This was one of the worst teams to surround brady, and the gem of the season, gronk, got hurt the game before the superbowl. Brady carried this team to a lead in the final minutes of the superbowl, and made good passes that would have iced the game, just like in the afccg in 2006. The haters can enjoy tapdancing on the grave, but brady has shown everyone what a gamer he is. Im just sad they couldn't win it for myra.
Myra saw enough of them when she was alive, don't weep for her; instead rejoice for the G-Men.

Congrats Giants, and enjoy it Giants fans. They had a great end of the season run... and taking down the Packers, 49ers and Pats, there's no doubt they earned this championship every step of the way. It really is a pretty impressive postseason run if you think about the caliber of teams they had to go through to get there. The Saints were only the top contender they weren't the ones to eliminate.

Patriots WRs dropping Bradys passes have been the story of the 4th quarter.
Let's not absolve Brady here. Some of those throws we not very good.
And there was the safety. He could have gotten out of the endzone by running to the right.
At least outside of the tackles before dumping it.
Those 2 points made a big difference, for sure.Brady should have known better.

Excellent win for the Giants...it's a tough loss for the Pats but ultimately the Giants made more plays...when two of your best players (Brady and Welker) can't make a play like that you got no to blame but yourself...if you want to be a Super Bowl champ you gotta make that play...while the D played as well as it can I don't see the Pats winning another title until BB decides to add some legit playmakers to that side of the ball...when they needed a sack or an int at the end-of-the-game they just didn't have enough horses to get it done...offensively a legit deep-threat or an RB that can go the distance would add another dimension to that offense...the Brady window is starting to close and the Pats really need to load up as much as posible the next couple of years if they're going to go the whole distance...

Users who are viewing this thread