What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Podcasts? (1 Viewer)

ant525i

Footballguy
Does footballguys have a fantasty football podcast? If not, does anyone recommend one specifically?

I may have missed it so sorry for a dumb question. However, where are the Podcasts listed for listening on this site? I found the 1st one just using a forum search but weren't they all on one page at some point?

I may have missed it so sorry for a dumb question. However, where are the Podcasts listed for listening on this site? I found the 1st one just using a forum search but weren't they all on one page at some point?
check the updates section! :thumbup:

Recording the latest episode of "The Audible" soon, and would like some questions from the SP. We are going over EVERY QB situation division by division. So what are the most pressing issues out there?

:BigMex:
from the other thread, so it should be soon

does anyone recommend one specifically
As you have been told, FBG does have some, several in the updates section are available. 1.) There is a pre-draft podcast and then a marathon series of post-draft podcasts, which were the first this year I am aware of, and which have from one to the next, varying degrees of sound issues. Early on, there is a bad mike that Cecil replaces later. Later, there is some pretty serious digital noise and rising/dropping volume on the vocals. However, if you can get past these early bugs, those are pretty in depth team-by-team and pick-by-pick draft analyses, which includes a lot of info on positions the average fantasy guy doesn't worry about (Offensive line and defensive IDPs) but which do affect production for the teams and other players, but also lots of great stuff on future dynasty players you wont get in a lot of other places. Lammey and Bloom host.A recommendation to get past the sound stuff? Hook your mp3 player up to some powered speakers instead of your headset and listen that way or over your PCs speakers. Headphones amplify the problems, while powered speakers seem to reduce them.2.) The second podcast seems to resolve most of the sound issues. Much clearer sound. Some more draft analysis. I am still listening to a lot of these, so cant give you much more detail at this point. Lammey, Pasquino, and Bloom. [Edited in: Finished them, some twice. This was all pretty much draft recap, with a little more emphasis on how it relates to fantasy concerns, and less caught up in the moments of the draft itself. Good stuff, especially for dynasty leaguers who may not follow college ball real close.]3.) The third podcast, they have renamed the show "The Audible" and it is getting more into the purer fantasy news. This is the most recent podcast I have listened to, but I am still catching up on it, so, as with the second one I will have to edit in more later. [Edited in: All caught up. Definitely more of a focus on the fantasy impact of off-season and recent developments. Less talk about non-fantasy skill positions. Again, Lammey, Pasquino and Bloom, I believe. This is the first podcast that will start going into consistent detail about the changes in the offseason and dealing with the questions on everyone's mind. I like how even the staff doesn't always agree among themselves, but are very polite in expressing their different opinions. The boards should be more like that, lol.]The fourth one is due out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.) The third podcast, they have renamed the show "The Audible" and it is getting more into the purer fantasy news. This is the most recent podcast I have listened to, but I am still catching up on it, so I as with the second one I will have to edit in more later.

The fourth one is due out soon.
you edit these for FBGs?

3.) The third podcast, they have renamed the show "The Audible" and it is getting more into the purer fantasy news.  This is the most recent podcast I have listened to, but I am still catching up on it, so I as with the second one I will have to edit in more later.

you edit these for FBGs?
I edit the Podcasts and prepare them to be put on the site. I believe he was talking about editing his post when he listens to more.Thanks for the review Snickersnack!

3.) The third podcast, they have renamed the show "The Audible" and it is getting more into the purer fantasy news. This is the most recent podcast I have listened to, but I am still catching up on it, so I as with the second one I will have to edit in more later.

you edit these for FBGs?
I edit the Podcasts and prepare them to be put on the site. I believe he was talking about editing his post when he listens to more.Thanks for the review Snickersnack!
Your welcome...and that's right, I was refering to the post editing feature that allows you to revise/change the contents of your posts on the message board. I plan to edit in more info to the message board podcast 'review' as I catch up on listening.

Users who are viewing this thread