What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Giants Options for FA RB's (1 Viewer)

It's pretty clear that the GMEN need to hit the FA market for a solid, veteran pass-protection R

• Willis McGahee

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Jonathan Dwyer

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Beanie Wells

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tim Hightower

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Kevin Smith

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Ryan Grant

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Brandon Jackson

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters

nyy45

Footballguy
Which of the following, if any, will the Giants make a move for in the coming weeks?

I don't know but this is definitely a great question to ask and this thread should be pinned. The Giants need to get a solid pass-blocking RB that can hold onto the football. The Giants will be making a move no doubt, the question is, who? Let's try and stay ahead of the curve here people so we aren't blowing our waivers on speculation and can stay ahead of the curve.......

Tue, Sep 3

The Giants worked out free agent RBs Beanie Wells and Jonathan Dwyer on Tuesday.

Advice: It's the first we've heard of Wells since June. The Giants also worked out Leon Washington, and have "spoken to" Kevin Smith, Tim Hightower and Ryan Grant. They'll almost certainly sign a veteran back in the very near future, but will likely wait until after Week 1, when teams are no longer required to guarantee the contracts of vested veterans.

More: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to start a convo and pin this thread, it's important. Let's do some research and get a convo going here.........

I would like to see them sign Brandon Jacobs. The team has not been the same without him. However, I don't think they will. Apparently Hightower seems to be te back I keep hearing coming up in these discusions, and I'm not sure either of those guys has much fantasy value. Here's my dilema .... I drafted Andre Brown before he got hurt on am considering holding onto him for his fresh legs in week 10.

There has to be a legitimate reason why we haven't heard of McGahee working out for anyone as he seems to be the most talented/well-rounded back of the bunch. He'd be an auto sign if healthy IMO.

My vote goes to Dwyer, mostly because he just finished training camp, looked good during the preseason and would be able to contribute asap. Work ethic is apparently a question but maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I know people in my league will make speculate adds on one of these guys before the GMEN sign anyone, then again they may not. I don't want to blow a waiver on a spec add. Realistically, the GMEN won't sign anyone in the next few days, after our Waiver period has cleared. Once that happens, I want to know THE MINUTE the Giants sign somebody. I'm sure the rest of you do as well. Let's keep working on this together so we can beat everyone else in our league to the punch.. FBG

There has to be a legitimate reason why we haven't heard of McGahee working out for anyone as he seems to be the most talented/well-rounded back of the bunch. He'd be an auto sign if healthy IMO.

My vote goes to Dwyer, mostly because he just finished training camp, looked good during the preseason and would be able to contribute asap. Work ethic is apparently a question but maybe he just needs a change of scenery.
I agree about McGahee but I don't see Dwyer. They aren't looking for more questions or somebody to babysit. They want a no nonsense veteran that can block.

I know they had worked out Dwyer and Wells last week but it might be time for them ti give wells a second look with Dwyer signing with Pitt. I also saw a rumor somewhere about the possibility of trading a draft pick for Ingram..

I know they had worked out Dwyer and Wells last week but it might be time for them ti give wells a second look with Dwyer signing with Pitt. I also saw a rumor somewhere about the possibility of trading a draft pick for Ingram..
As a an Ingram owner in dynasty, this would be the best news ever.

Dwyer is out. Per RW:

Steelers will re-sign RB Jonathan Dwyer.

Dwyer returns to the team that cut him nine days ago out of desperation, not desire. During Sunday's embarrassing Week 1 loss to the Titans, starter Isaac Redman was benched for ineffectiveness and two botched exchanges. Backup LaRod Stephens-Howling blew out his knee and newly signed Felix Jones barely played after whiffing on a blitz pickup. Unless Le'Veon Bell (foot) can get back for Week 2, look for Dwyer to step right back in and share time with Redman against the Bengals next Monday night. If Bell can get cleared, the Steelers will lean heavily on the rookie right away.

Dwyer is out. Per RW:

Steelers will re-sign RB Jonathan Dwyer.

Dwyer returns to the team that cut him nine days ago out of desperation, not desire. During Sunday's embarrassing Week 1 loss to the Titans, starter Isaac Redman was benched for ineffectiveness and two botched exchanges. Backup LaRod Stephens-Howling blew out his knee and newly signed Felix Jones barely played after whiffing on a blitz pickup. Unless Le'Veon Bell (foot) can get back for Week 2, look for Dwyer to step right back in and share time with Redman against the Bengals next Monday night. If Bell can get cleared, the Steelers will lean heavily on the rookie right away.
Off topic, but my lord that Steeler situation is a total train wreck!

I'd like to start a convo and pin this thread, it's important. Let's do some research and get a convo going here.........
Yes, there's nothing more important than the wild-### guesses of a bunch of people with no inside information about a personnel move that may or may not happen to acquire a player who wasn't talented or healthy enough to make a 53 man roster and would impact one position on one of 32 NFL teams.

I say pinning this thread isn't enough. FBGs should probably consider launching a separate web site to track this,or at least a new forum.

Yes, there's nothing more important than the wild-### guesses of a bunch of people with no inside information about a personnel move that may or may not happen to acquire a player who wasn't talented or healthy enough to make a 53 man roster and would impact one position on one of 32 NFL teams.

I say pinning this thread isn't enough. FBGs should probably consider launching a separate web site to track this,or at least a new forum.
Just curious why you felt the need to click on this thread? Despite your opinion, some people feel the player the Giants sign could be relevant in fantasy football. I agree. The point of this forum is to help each other out with info they might not have seen somewhere. If you don't care then just close the thread. No need to insult.

Free agent Willis McGahee will work out for the Giants Tuesday.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the workout has been planned since Friday. But after watching David Wilson turn in a humiliating performance on Sunday Night Football, the Giants may be more inclined to make a signing. While with Denver last year, McGahee rushed 167 times for 731 yards (4.37 YPC) and scored four touchdowns before a broken leg and torn right MCL ended his season in Week 11. McGahee will be 32 in October. The Giants are also working out Brandon Jacobs Tuesday.
The Giants will work out a group of free agent running backs including Brandon Jacobs and Willis McGahee Tuesday.
Jacobs spent seven years with the Giants, winning two Super Bowls and recording two 1,000-yard seasons to go with 56 rushing touchdowns. But he found himself buried on the 49ers depth chart last year and has attracted zero interest around the league since being released in December. Now 31 years old, Jacobs would not be a real threat to David Wilson's starting job. Expect Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower to also be a part of Tuesday's tryout.
Free agent RB/KR Joe McKnight will work out for the Giants Tuesday.
It's an open casting call in New York after Sunday night's debacle. McKnight, Brandon Jacobs and Willis McGahee are among the unwanted veterans that will be competing for work. McKnight is by far the youngest at age 25, but he's never recorded more than 43 carries in a season. He was a first-team All-Pro kick returner for the Jets in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just curious why you felt the need to click on this thread? Despite your opinion, some people feel the player the Giants sign could be relevant in fantasy football. I agree. The point of this forum is to help each other out with info they might not have seen somewhere. If you don't care then just close the thread. No need to insult.
I clicked on the thread because I also think it's relevant. That's the key word, "relevant." BIG difference between relevance and thinking that this is a huge deal that warrants pinning. You're not talking about picking up Adrian Peterson on the waiver wire here- whoever they get (if anyone) will be a marginal talent who may or may not get ten touches a game for them. I think a little perspective is important- perhaps more important than guessing as to who that acquisition will be- and that was the reason for my snarky post.

I think out of all of those names McGahee would be the most fantasy relevant, he's good around the goalline and can catch the ball decently as well.

I clicked on the thread because I also think it's relevant. That's the key word, "relevant." BIG difference between relevance and thinking that this is a huge deal that warrants pinning. You're not talking about picking up Adrian Peterson on the waiver wire here- whoever they get (if anyone) will be a marginal talent who may or may not get ten touches a game for them. I think a little perspective is important- perhaps more important than guessing as to who that acquisition will be- and that was the reason for my snarky post.
Regardless of whether the Giants make a move or not, and how it is or isn't relevant to your individual fantasy relevance, the point of this thread is to get the info quicker than everyone else in our respective leagues, by discussing here on FBG. Don't get me wrong, I don't think any signing the Giants may or may not make will be the next coming of Christ but I do think it's worth following and being aware of the situation before everyone else. What the readers here decide to contribute to and do with that information is up to them. I personally just like to be aware of information. Can't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread